Inspiration for Storylines

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[QUOTE=brat99;137703]Thanks for pointing that one out Sebsplex. I knew I might have missed it, I would love to see the second part -- I'm guessing if worked right, from there it could just evolve into tag split and feud.[/QUOTE] Yeah that'll be the end route... I might even try to break it into three parts so there's one continuation where the makeshift teams keep running with the tag titles for a while longer, fending off one main challenging team several times before going onto the third part (that could just be skipped to after part one) where indeed the team breakdown and feud with one another. As for the rest of these suggestions, I've got a couple of storylines to finish up for panix this month, then another three stories of my own already (too many ideas!!) in mind for next month's addition to the pack, but I'll make sure that I get at least one of these suggestions from someone else done as well, hopefully more. Nice bump MJD, I meant to get back onto this thread sooner. ;)

• 3 weeks later...
Question guys. We all know about gimmicks that were planned but never actually came about like Friar Ferguson and Dustin Rhodes as 7even in WCW. But have any aborted storylines ever become public knowledge? Like take the Shockmaster incident. We all remember how Sting was announcing him to be his mystery partner for the ensuing PPV before an unfortunate stumble killed it. But have the intended storyline plans for him ever come to light? Might be fun to have those stories that were intended to be but never were and see what we could do with them.

Question guys. We all know about gimmicks that were planned but never actually came about like Friar Ferguson and Dustin Rhodes as 7even in WCW. But have any aborted storylines ever become public knowledge? Like take the Shockmaster incident. We all remember how Sting was announcing him to be his mystery partner for the ensuing PPV before an unfortunate stumble killed it. But have the intended storyline plans for him ever come to light? Might be fun to have those stories that were intended to be but never were and see what we could do with them.

This is a storyline that I'm currently putting together but probably won't fit my primarily female promotion. It's the rough outline of the story of Nefertiti. Basically, she became a co-Pharoah as a result of her husband's respect for her. In a wrestling sense, you take a majorly over main eventer (like Tommy Cornell) and pair him with a female manager who can wrestle (Nefertiti was often depicted as a warrior, smiting foreigners with a mace). Cherry Bomb might work. As the man begins to build a stable (signifying Amenhotep's conversion to worshipping Aten), he changes his name (ala Amenhotep = Akhenaten) and elevates his manager (to say, tag team partner) and together they "rule" the promotion. The story is pretty open-ended in that a succession can be added on to it where a young protegé of the "king" takes over leadership when the king "dies" (or goes off-screen for a rebranding/repackaging). I could also work in an authority figure's case (instead of the main eventer) and would fit the commonly accepted succession expected from WWE (Vince & Linda rule and pass control of the company to Triple H and Steph when they go offscreen).

This is a storyline that I'm currently putting together but probably won't fit my primarily female promotion. It's the rough outline of the story of Nefertiti. Basically, she became a co-Pharoah as a result of her husband's respect for her. In a wrestling sense, you take a majorly over main eventer (like Tommy Cornell) and pair him with a female manager who can wrestle (Nefertiti was often depicted as a warrior, smiting foreigners with a mace). Cherry Bomb might work. As the man begins to build a stable (signifying Amenhotep's conversion to worshipping Aten), he changes his name (ala Amenhotep = Akhenaten) and elevates his manager (to say, tag team partner) and together they "rule" the promotion. The story is pretty open-ended in that a succession can be added on to it where a young protegé of the "king" takes over leadership when the king "dies" (or goes off-screen for a rebranding/repackaging). I could also work in an authority figure's case (instead of the main eventer) and would fit the commonly accepted succession expected from WWE (Vince & Linda rule and pass control of the company to Triple H and Steph when they go offscreen).

• 2 weeks later...
how about a storyline where two guys have a feud before a battle royal and then in the battle royal they end up being the last 2 participants and they both go over the ropes at the same time and then they both argue about who touched first and they have a couple of matches ending in double countout DQ and double KO and then finally one wins thanks to help from an unknown man and gets a title shot and then the unknown man screws him over and costs him the title shot I dont know if it is possible to do in the game but I used it for my written out stuff i do every once and awhile.. if you can find a way for this to work let me know

how about a storyline where two guys have a feud before a battle royal and then in the battle royal they end up being the last 2 participants and they both go over the ropes at the same time and then they both argue about who touched first and they have a couple of matches ending in double countout DQ and double KO and then finally one wins thanks to help from an unknown man and gets a title shot and then the unknown man screws him over and costs him the title shot I dont know if it is possible to do in the game but I used it for my written out stuff i do every once and awhile.. if you can find a way for this to work let me know

• 3 weeks later...
I am working out a storyline with as base the movie crow. Basicly I started with a group of wrestlers destroying a other wrestler (wrestler A). After a week or so a video is shown where wrestler a comes out of a crave. He begins attacking members of the group with mystyrios attacks. At one point wrestler A makes himself know and tries to get the leader of the pack. But I get stuck how to end this storyline. Must I let him win and destroy the leader in a brutal cage match or find a some other finish. Basicly I am trying to find a twist in the storyline any suggestions?

I am working out a storyline with as base the movie crow. Basicly I started with a group of wrestlers destroying a other wrestler (wrestler A). After a week or so a video is shown where wrestler a comes out of a crave. He begins attacking members of the group with mystyrios attacks. At one point wrestler A makes himself know and tries to get the leader of the pack. But I get stuck how to end this storyline. Must I let him win and destroy the leader in a brutal cage match or find a some other finish. Basicly I am trying to find a twist in the storyline any suggestions?

Double Catastrophe how about this: Worker A gets a title shot at the biggest PPV of the year and Worker B wants a title shot at the same belt but gets rejected from the request. Worker B starts attacking Worker A backstage then asks the Authority Figure for another title shot due to Worker A not being able to due to injury or something. Over the next few weeks building up to the PPV videos air hyping his return and then a video saying that he is going to get revenge in the worst way. The PPV comes and Worker B is in the match and about to win when Worker A runs in and knocks Worker B and the Champion out causing a Triple Threat on the next show. No one wins the belt the Champion Retains.

Double Catastrophe how about this: Worker A gets a title shot at the biggest PPV of the year and Worker B wants a title shot at the same belt but gets rejected from the request. Worker B starts attacking Worker A backstage then asks the Authority Figure for another title shot due to Worker A not being able to due to injury or something. Over the next few weeks building up to the PPV videos air hyping his return and then a video saying that he is going to get revenge in the worst way. The PPV comes and Worker B is in the match and about to win when Worker A runs in and knocks Worker B and the Champion out causing a Triple Threat on the next show. No one wins the belt the Champion Retains.

Archived