Crash to desktop

I am really having a lot of problems playing past 1 or 2 seasons. The errors that have occurred include: 1 - Crash to desktop during recruiting when I click on any of the view options. 2 - Windows must close this application. It points to dll files that I know are there and up-to-date. I've tried installing the files in backup to no avail. The same things happen. It happens with or without mods, with or without bowl games. I've tried installing the jet and mdac files on this site, but Windows says I don't need them with SP2 and won't install them. I've tried reinstalling the game. Anyone have any suggestions? I'm running XP on an AMD 4200 dual-core processor with an Nvidia 7800GS AGP video card.

I can create leagues just fine and I can sim for a period of time and complete seasons. It always seems to occur during recruiting. I can also save up until that period, but once the error occurs, the league will not work. It will load fine but when I click on anything in recruiting it gives a windows error or crashes to the desktop. Reinstalling the game at that point gives the same results.

Archived