Tonight's WWECW

sphanlon

Is it me, or did RVD completely whiff on that Van Daminator?! Well, I give them credit for having their first main event involving at least one person I don't consider to truly be a WWE wrestler. I guess I'll watch anything wrestling no matter how bad.

lol yeah it was so awful and it's just because WWE doesn't let him do it as stiff as he used to. I remember when he told Cena he was cashing in the money in the bank at ONS, he tried to do one to the little suitcase and missed it awfully then too. But in ECW he used to drive the chair into people's faces to where it had to have hurt, but since it usually meant that all you had to do after that was take the 5 star frog splash, it didn't matter how stiff it was, as long as you turned your head.

But that's the oldschool ECW philoshophy for ya. If you're a great wrestler: fine but you're not getting in the ring unless you can take some stiff shots. For anyone who used to watch the ECW TV show, the clip they had at the beginning of the title sequence was insane. Raven was handcuffed (crucifix style) to the steel cage and Dreamer just folded a chair around his head. Imagine the mental fortitude involved in standing there and taking that! Quote The Raven Nevermore

Holy botched Van Damninator Batman! Thank god for TIVO I got to reply that at least 10 times while laughing almost uncontrollably. At least Kurt sold it though, even if it was a few seconds after so props to him. If that was in front of the real ECW crowd they had last week, imagine the crowd reaction on the F up lol.

Heh, Nevermore, it would take less fortitude to take a chairshot while handcuffed than while not handcuffed, which is how some of the stiffest chairshots I ever saw were taken in ECW :p I can't remember how he does the chairshot in that clip, but if it's one of the ones where the chair actually folds because Dreamer releases it, those aren't nearly as bad as the chairshots that dent the chair... which aren't bad on a brand new chair, but if the chair is already all dented up, then it sucks balls to take.

[QUOTE=weirdo_man;135207]Heh, Nevermore, it would take less fortitude to take a chairshot while handcuffed than while not handcuffed, which is how some of the stiffest chairshots I ever saw were taken in ECW :p[/QUOTE] Haha, touche! This is the one I mean: [IMG]http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j254/charliepag/dreamraven.jpg[/IMG] I saw the match as well. It was absoloutely brutal! Quote The Raven Nevermore

Yeah Nevermore that was a stiff shot and he did release it/only hold one set of legs which makes it slightly less stiff. But I would gladly take the stiffness of ECW for a chance to have been in the real ECW when they were first getting a PPV deal... but that's just me. It always looked like way too much fun.

Archived