Relations with other feds and possible stories ..

Its totally awesome that this time around we will get to actually use the promotion relations to bring in workers from feds you are in a working agreement with. In my book it should not end there though. I don't know how many of you guys have caught the (amazing) ROH vs CZW fued, but I am thinking about cross promotional storylines for TEW 2007. Wouldn't that simply r0xx0r teh b0xx0r? I understand why titles cannot be defended anywhere else except the worker's main show and it does not bother me too much, but I would love to see this type of storyline in 2k7. Any thoughts?

There's nothing to stop you making an invasion storyline in your promotion; the workers you have "loaned", as explained previously, are members of your roster for the duration of their contract, and therefore can do anything a normal wrestler can, including being advance booked or added to storylines.

[QUOTE=Adam Ryland;135499]There's nothing to stop you making an invasion storyline in your promotion; the workers you have "loaned", as explained previously, are members of your roster for the duration of their contract, and therefore can do anything a normal wrestler can, including being advance booked or added to storylines.[/QUOTE] MILITANT! Watch out WWE, CHIKARA are invading!

[QUOTE=Capelli King;135505]Loaning workers is a great new feature, it makes the "working agreement", between promotions have more meaning, plus it will help when you are just building up your promotion[/QUOTE] ya, definitely, Makes you get to global faster. (he said sarcastically) Don't get me wrong, I love the feature but I think there should be some restraints on it. A restraint would be that a wrestler, or promotion, can reject a talent trade, cuz of course Vincent K. Mcmahon of today would never trade talent.

[QUOTE=weirdo_man;135519]Doesn't the new talent trade mean that I can more effectively go to war with WWE if I am in a working agreement with them? Because then I could job out all of their top stars and make it harder for them to put on good shows.[/QUOTE] Now Weirdo_man; I have to say that your Idea is funniest thing I have heard in a long time, because your right. My question is why would you do that, and seeing as they would have your talent wouldn't they do the same thing?

[QUOTE=NickC13573;135518]ya, definitely, Makes you get to global faster. (he said sarcastically) Don't get me wrong, I love the feature but I think there should be some restraints on it. A restraint would be that a wrestler, or promotion, can reject a talent trade, cuz of course Vincent K. Mcmahon of today would never trade talent.[/QUOTE] Nobody said there weren't restraints.

[QUOTE=weirdo_man;135519]Doesn't the new talent trade mean that I can more effectively go to war with WWE if I am in a working agreement with them? Because then I could job out all of their top stars and make it harder for them to put on good shows.[/QUOTE] A promotion can only have one relationship with another promotion; if you go to war with them then you wouldn't also be able to have a working agreement with them at the same time.

No Adam, I'm saying, INSTEAD of going to war with someone, I sign a working agreement with them. And therefore, I can more effectively be at war with them, because I can destroy the overness of all of their talent.. unless there are *hopefully* restrictions? Because otherwise I'll just get a working agreement with someone to put them out of business instead of going to war. Edit: Oh, and NickC, unless the comp's booking gets completely overhauled, they won't destroy my talent, heh.

[QUOTE=NickC13573;135531]So no matter what, if you have a talent agreement with a company, they CANT refuse?[/QUOTE] What are you talking about? You said you thought there should be restraints on talent trading, I just replied to say that nobody had said that there wouldn't be.

[QUOTE=weirdo_man;135537]unless there are *hopefully* restrictions?[/QUOTE] ? Why are both you and Nick assuming that there [U]wouldn't[/U] be restrictions? I wasn't aware that I was known for adding features that had no drawbacks, in fact I thought I was known for completely the opposite.

Well, they're pretty much the common sense ones that you'd expect. They're not going to allow you to job out their worker to someone who is completely beneath them. They're not going to do a trade unless they're getting someone of equal value back. Some promotions are not going to want to do talent trading, period.

[QUOTE=weirdo_man;135542]Well can we get an idea of what kind of restraints there are? Because I would like to get an idea for what kind of havoc we can wreak with this beforehand, so that I don't overestimate the amount.[/QUOTE] Ya I would love to know as well... Also is there going to be a better WAR tactic? Like Right Now in Minnesota Indy feds. There is a promotional War going on over Territory. NSP the newest promotion, is sending worker's to disrupt shows of the older promotions. I would love to do that.

[QUOTE=weirdo_man;135542]Well can we get an idea of what kind of restraints there are? Because I would like to get an idea for what kind of havoc we can wreak with this beforehand, so that I don't overestimate the amount.[/QUOTE] Guys, think about it, please. NOTBPW isn't going to give you Sean McFly for Mainstream Hernandez. That's such an obvious potential exploit that even SOE would see it. As soon as I saw that feature in the diary, that idea immediately came to mind. But then I thought, Adam's smarter than that, there's gotta be more to it than he's letting on. But weirdo_man has a point as well. Given the 05 AI, it would have to be upgraded quite a bit (which I'm sure is a feature set to be in the diary eventually) or else it might be possible ([I]in theory[/I]) to job another promotion's top worker(s) but having the home promotion not retaliate in kind. But then again, it might not be possible to even do that. If your promotion is global with a global TV deal, just putting some of another promotion's workers in the ring with your stars might boost their overness far more than taking the L would lower it. Plus, it might be possible to manipulate the trades so that you're not giving up one of your best talents in exchange. Like, say I put Principessa in matches with my top workers. Working in B or better rated matches is sure to boost her D worldwide overness to the point where I could trade her to NOTBPW for Victoria Stone. I wouldn't miss the loss at all, especially since it would give me a worker I could do storylines with. Folks playing WWE could do the same thing with a Matt Hardy or even a Sho Funaki (TNA players could swap Eric Young for whoever they'd want, after putting him in matches with AJ, Jarrett, Joe, Daniels, Sting, Cage, and maybe Steiner).

Archived