Question about "Loan" contract

The Loan Contract has to be one of the greatest features to this game that I've heard of yet. You could almost do a "travelling champion" thing with a little imagination (bring in Tommy Cornell to face your regional champion and have the local guy come "this" close to beating him) and it will really shine in DOTT, I believe. Does the Loan work with guys on written and lifetime contracts as well? Or is it just for ppa?

[QUOTE=Thriller;136311]Am I right in thinking that promotion relationships will effect loans? For instance, a promotion isnt going to loan out their workers with a promotion they're at war with.[/QUOTE] it's already been said that you need to have a working agreement in order to do a loan

I have a couple of questions that perhaps Adam can shed some light on. 1)Does the CPU ever turn down your request for talent trades? 2)Is there anything in place in the game to prevent you from getting say Tommy Cornell or one of the super over guys and totally jobbing them out? (I feel there probably should be).

I'd imagine unless they have creative control they cant say no to losing, but you'd probably piss them off and they might not want to get loaned out to you again. And if your a local promotion, chances are a global promotion arent going to loan you their wrestlers. I guess prestige might come into play, for instance WWE wrestlers sometimes appear on shows for people who are well respected, like Afa The Wild Samoan. I think thats his name. Ofcourse I'm just guessing.

[QUOTE=djlightning;136647]I have a couple of questions that perhaps Adam can shed some light on. 1)Does the CPU ever turn down your request for talent trades? 2)Is there anything in place in the game to prevent you from getting say Tommy Cornell or one of the super over guys and totally jobbing them out? (I feel there probably should be).[/QUOTE] 1) Yes. As stated before by Adam, you're not going to be able to trade for workers that you can't offer a reasonable replacement for. So TCW isn't going to give you BLZ Bubb for Stretch the Chicken Boy, no matter how good you think Stretch is. That is, unless you've built Stretch up to be as good/over as BLZ Bubb is. It has to be an even (or fairly even) exchange. Remember, the promotion has to have a reason they'd want to use the talent you send them. No Funaki for Samoa Joe type trades are gonna happen. But Mito Miwa or Yoshimi Mushashibo for Joe probably would go through easily. 2) I don't think this has been answered, honestly. I see that as an obvious loophole in the whole thing, so I'm guessing Adam's got something in mind to prevent it from happening.

[QUOTE=D-Lyrium;136694]My guess would be giving all Loanees a type of creative control clause while they're at the new promotion. Something like that.[/QUOTE] That wouldn't help much unless the loophole with creative control is closed. Even thedraem's idea doesn't fix the potential issue unless a card or overness level is specified. If you make a deal with NOTBPW to only give Sean McFly 3 losses, that deal doesn't mean much if those 3 losses are to openers. Sean then goes home to Canada with 1-2 letter grades less overness than he left with. I'm pretty sure Adam has something in mind for this. But these kinds of systems and operations aren't as "sexy" as the contract options and such so I think we'll hear about them a bit later. :)

[QUOTE=shipshirt;136993]Well with Creative Control as it is now, can't a wrestler refuse to lose to someone?[/QUOTE] They can but there's an easy way around them refusing to let someone beat them (which is how it works in game). They don't refuse to lose, they refuse to have someone be the victor that's not them. If you book them 'to lose', they don't complain or block it. That's the loophole I referred to.

Archived