Possible Updates

Hi, I'm not sure if this belongs here or in the suggestions forum, so sorry if I got it wrong. I've been playing WreSpi for a while now and really enjoying it. I've also been impressed with the regularity with which upgrades have been released and how the developer listens to his users. Well done Mr Ryland! I've got a couple of suggestions for possible future upgrades. If anyone else is interested, please reply. WEAPONS At the minute there only seem to be tables, chairs and brass knuckle punches. While these are pretty common in wrestling, how about adding in some other weapons like barbed wire 2x4s, cookie sheets, stop signs and some of the more unusual and entertaining objects we've seen in wrestling? Different weapons could have a different effect, for example a barbed wire shot could have a higher chance of causing bleeding, or it could just be an aesthetic change to add a little variety to the game. Some weapons could be available in some feds but not others, eg a hardcore fed like MOSC or DAVE would have many weapons while a pure fed might only have tables and chairs. FRIENDSHIPS I've noticed that when your character has a friendship relationship with another worker, and the other worker has an abrasive character, he will still act abrasive towards your character. This seems a little unrealistic to me. ROMANTIC INTERESTS This could add an interesting element to the game, for example, if you get into an argument with a worker's girlfriend the worker in question could try to pick a fight with you or do a run in during your match. Once again I'd like to say thanks to Adam for creating the game and continuing to update it!

I'm not sure if I like the weapons idea. Mr. Ryland shouldn't have to add in stuff that can easily be added into the game via the editor. I believe that the safest (and most generic) bet would be to add a 'Move requires Weapon' check, much like the 'Move requires Chair'. Several benefits to this: 1) The player would have to take a turn to 'pick up' that weapon - again, much like chair shots. This makes it so that the attacker at least has some disadvantage when grabbing for weapons (opponent might nail you before you grab it), and... 2) People more interested in the 'older school straight up fight' aspect to the game wouldn't have all these modern weapons cluttering up the game. Friendships/Romantic Interests: I agree with you on both of these; backstage interactions currently have that 'tacked on at the last second' feel to it. I don't quite agree on the Abrasive issue, though. I'm sure we all have those 'grumpy as mud' friends that probably don't deserve to be - heh. The one thing that keeps this game from being an actual career simulator is the backstage stuff, in my opinion; it's not a career... it's a job. You make friends with the Owner of a promotion, and you should be able to throw your weight around by requesting feuds/managers/etc., even when you might not deserve it. Just small things like that would greatly enhance the backstage aspect to the game. I would then have a more vested interest in the 'politics' of the backstage, thereby furthering the immersion into the game.

Precisely. Sometimes workers' personal relationships have a big effect on a promotion, like Shawn Michaels and the Clique, or when Jerry Lawler temporarily left the WWF after The Kat was fired. I think this would open up a whole new dimension of the game and would create the illusion of a world which reacts and responds to events within it. I'm afraid I haven't really played around much with the editor. I don't run Windows at home so I installed WreSpi on my bassist's computer. Don't think he'd take too kindly to me sitting their for hours at a time messing about with the database :-) But seriously, how would one go about adding weapons in the editor?

yo wouldn't really add weapons you would simulate it. for example in the editor make a new move called "barbwire Choke" set the idividual settings as you see fit and check the option so that it may casue blood . There you have a basic weapon , unless I'm doing things wrong

No - you're right, Doc. What I have done for the Death of the Territories scenario is include things like 2x4 Blast to the Head (for Duggan), the Coup de Grace Knee Lift (Grumpy Mr. Wrestling II loading his knee pad), Cowbell shots (for Stan Hansen), Running Bone Shots (Moondogs), Loaded Glove Punches (Ted Dibiase), Loaded Mask Headbutts, etc. The best way to introduce weapons into the game would be to model them off of the Brass Knuckles Shot in the original data. Copy/clone that move and tweak it to fit your new weapon shot. A lot of my weapons are outside only, as there is no real way for the victim to 'stop' the attacker from grabbing a weapon and using it. Plus, I figure that the attacker brought this weapon with him to ringside, and left it on a table. Of course, it's good to set all the weapon shots (at least those that do mega damage) to being Highly Illegal. Again, you have to make it as hard as possible for the attacker.

Archived