2 Questions

Same for me, B+. But A+ are 'legendary match' while A are 'match of the year' and there are no A- in this game(from the help file). Considering that most main event superstar never put any legendary match and possibly one or two match of the year in their 20+ years career.... while others, of course Mick Foley, Shawn Michaels, Bret Hart, and others, have put many match of the year and a few legendary match... that you or me have never had a A or A+ in a 10 year career is, in my opinion ok. When we are 90+ overness, against another 90+ overness, a B+ in a PPV should propably be upgraded to a A or A+ match... perception and likeability of the athlete often have a lot to do in how much someone loves a match.

[QUOTE=Goldberg]... perception and likeability of the athlete often have a lot to do in how much someone loves a match.[/QUOTE] True in some cases, but there have often been times when two Mega Stars meet and the results have been more than bland. It should also depend on how well their styles might mesh, imo. I hate to sound lost in the past, but the Sheik was insanely popular and probably faced just about every territorial star you can think of from the 50s-80s. How many 'A' matches did Farhat pull off in his entire career? His 'style' just didn't fit with very many people, even though the character itself was amazingly over. Perception would always turn a C match into a B-rated one, in my opinion, but hardly ever a B into an A-rated one.

Boon Ghost... I think you said the EXACT same thing I said... I never said B into A.. I said B+ into A... (there are no A- in the game)... or said another way... B into B+, B- into B, C into C+... But I never said B into A... My point was that two huge overness should make the rating go up on level (ie B- into B) due to perception and likeability of the athletes... And I also said that "most main event superstar never put any legendary match" (A+) so its ok if we never have any A+ match... we should try to get one but its ok if we never do also. Edit: BTW, to answer the 2nd question of the first post. I assume that a global federation's TV show is global.... and so affects overness for all region.... again, only an assumption.

Andre the Giant and Hulk Hogan were just about the most over workers in America... ****, THE WORLD. And their match at Wrestlemania III was hyped up as one of the greatest matches to EVER take place in the history of professional wrestling. And the match sucked... in WreSpi terms, it'd have been a D. Hell, the Billy Jack Haynes vs. Hercules match was rated higher. The only matches that were worse was anything that involved midgets and over-the-hill tin-plated 'kings'. I don't think a match should just be rated high due to worker overness. Hell, most of Andre's matches sucked. Hogan's weren't much better at that. You want ten matches that would easily take A+ in the 80s? And that's about it. 10. Kerry, Kevin and Mike Von Erich vs. The Fabulous Freebirds in a Badstreet Match (7/4/84) 9. War Games I (The Four Horsemen and J.J. Dillon) vs. Dusty Rhodes, The Road Warriors, Nikita Koloff and Paul Ellering (7/87) 8. Ric Flair vs. Terry Funk in a No DQ, I Quit match (11/15/89) 7. Tiger Mask vs. Dynamite Kid (8/30/82) 6. Ric Flair vs. Harley Race at Starrcade '83 5. Ricky Steamboat vs. Randy Savage at Wrestlemania III (The REAL Main Event) 4. Ric Flair vs. Kerry Von Erich in a Cage Match (12/25/82) 3. Sgt. Slaughter vs. Pat Patterson in a Street Fight (4/21/82) (A match that was brutally violent and 20 years ahead of it's time) 2. Ric Flair vs. Ricky Steamboat (2/20/89) (Hell, any Flair v. Steamboat confrontation is a close call for Great) 1. Ric Flair vs. Ricky Steamboat in a 2/3 Falls match (5/7/89) Honorable Mentions: Ken Patera vs. Bob Backlund in a Texas Death Match (5/23/80) The Dibiase vs. Duggan Mid-South Feud The Sammartino vs. Zbyszko Feud Watch these matches, and then you'll realize why A and A+ ratings should be EXTREMELY rare. A B+ match should be tough to acheive as well. Ahhh hell, you should watch all those matches just to consider yourself a wrestling fan. Nothing can come close to the brutal feud of Bruno Sammartino vs. his former student, Larry Zbyszko. Nothing can quite match an hour fight between Ric Flair and Ricky Steamboat in the 80s. There's no one that will ever reach the heights of greatness of these men... no one. And that's about all I've got to say on that subject.

Personally, I have managed a couple of "A"s (before my computer died and took my WreSpi and TPBB 2005 licenses with it - waiting to hear back from e-license). I have found it a bit easier to get high match ratings in tag-team matches. The biggest key is that you have to be willing to extend the match a little, and risk losing more often. I can consistently get "B" ratings, with some B+ and B- mixed in. I have not yet seen an A+.

Rick, the match between Hogan/Andre may have sucked, but I can still watch the bodyslam now, and listen to the crowd reaction that came from it and get goosebumps. It was just an awesome moment all around, and one of the defining moments of my time as a wrestling fan. Also, those matches of the 80s were great, but Dynamite/Sayama the only match from Japan to make it? Nah. Jumbo Tsuruta/Genichiro Tenryu belongs on there at least.

They both use the same licencing (or however you would put it) I had my computer crash a little while ago (about a week) and I sent the information that is asked for in the post, for both games, to the e-mail address and it was all sorted in a day or two.

Back on subject, the best match I ever had was an "A-". I almost crapped myself when it happened. That match happened in my Cornell Universe game though. It hasn't even come close to happening in my DOTT scenarios. The main reason is that I can very rarely get myself to play the game against one opponent for almost an hour of game time. That is what it takes in my belief. Your finisher being hit many times in the match as well. As far as my matches that I would like to add to that great top ten earlier. I think the match between Sting and Ric Flair that was on the televised Clash of the Champions probably would rank up there for me. Plus, Sting and Flair's match at the Great American Bash. Although, I believe both of them may have been in the early 90's. I also happened to have been a big fan of the matches that the Midnight Express put on against the Rock N' Roll Express. Plus, any time Arn Anderson and Tully Blanchard wrestled them. Great tag matches right there. A tag match can be one of the top ten couldn't it? Jim

I just had my first A match, it was a 3 VS 3 elimination tag match. I was going to keep going and try for an A+, but the last guy on the other team got medically disqualified before I could, I wasn't paying attention to his body stat while I beat the hell out of him. ;)

Archived