College FB Choice - Bowl - Playoff - BCS- Polls  

25 members have voted

1. 1. College FB Choice - Bowl - Playoff - BCS- Polls

• Bowl games with only Polls
    • Bowl games with BCS
    • Playoffs based with bowl sites
    • Playoffs - Top 8 teams from Major Conf. + 8 next Poll teams

Guest IrishHand
A 16-team playoff is a ludicrous suggestion. They can't get them to agree on 1 extra game (for a 4-team playoff)...what makes you think they'd even consider 3 extra games??

Teams are going to get screwed regardless of the system put in place. I'd rather they worked on cutting the conference affiliations in bowl games and dropping 3 or 4 of the really crappy bowls instead of going to a playoff. A bowl committee similar to the one the NCAA uses for college basketball seeding would be a great way to place teams in bowls. Also, if there were a playoff system put in place, any more than 4 teams is wrong. College football is the only sport that has such a major emphasis on the regular season and we get great football all season because of it. A 16 team playoff is a big step toward devalueing it.

[QUOTE=HerdFan]Teams are going to get screwed regardless of the system put in place. I'd rather they worked on cutting the conference affiliations in bowl games and dropping 3 or 4 of the really crappy bowls instead of going to a playoff. A bowl committee similar to the one the NCAA uses for college basketball seeding would be a great way to place teams in bowls. [/QUOTE] I disagree, with the exception of the championship bowls, the other bowls should be based conference affiliations. The rivalries that spur from that make it worthwhile.

Archived