Death of the Territories v1.0 Released

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be 27 in August myself. My dad was a huge AWA fan. Growing up in Indianapolis, it appeared everyone my dad's age had a story about Dick the Bruiser. Indianapolis always claimed Dick as their homegrown hero. Now its David Letterman. Nice trade off I guess.

v2.0

* Promotion Added: Joint Promotions (U.K./National)

* Workers Added: Alan Kilby, Bearcat Wright, Big Daddy, Clive Myers, Danny Boy Collins, Drew McDonald, Jim Breaks, John Quinn, Johnny Saint, Mark Rocco, Mike Marino, Pat Roach, Peter Thornley, Robbie Brookside, Skull Murphy, George Gillette, King Kong Kirk, Johnny Smith, Max Crabtree, Brian Crabtree, Brian Dixon, Bobby Barnes, Chic Cullen, David Taylor, Johnny Kidd, Jon Cortez, Max Ward, Wayne Bridges, Adam Yawrenko, Koji Kanemoto, Eddie Watts, Bobby Bass, Buddy Lane, Chris Jericho, Gerry Morrow, Neil Guay, Tiger Conway Jr., King Curtis Iaukea, Ron Ritchie, Shane Douglas, Kent Walton, Billy Finlay,

* Movesets Added: Technical Lightweight Blue Eye #1, Technical Lightweight Blue Eye #2, Technical Lightweight Heel #1, Technical Lightweight Heel #2, Kendo Nagasaki - Brit, Big Daddy, Danny Boy, Ironfist, Johnny Saint, Mark Rocco, Mike Marino, Pat Roach, Skull Murphy, Johnny Smith, King Kong Kirk, Wayne Brides, Crybaby Breaks, David Taylor, Jon Cortez, Koji Kanemoto, Wojo the B.C. Hulk, Hardcore Headcase, Evil Eddie, Brit Old School Muscle Man, Brit Old School Muscle Man #2, Drew McDonald, Shane Douglas

* Moves Added: Hulkster Shirt Mauling (Low/Taunt), The Salt Ritual (Low/Taunt), Big Daddy Splash (Finisher), Big Daddy Double Elbow Drop (Finisher), British Fall (Finisher), Rolling Hammerlock Takedown (Finisher), Grapevine Crossface (Finisher), Haystacks Giant Elbow (Finisher), Gator Hold (Finisher), Johnny Saint Special (Finisher), Kamikaze Crash (Finisher), Danny Boy Somersault Splash (Finisher), Double Knee Rear Chinlock (Low), Marino Small Package (Finisher), Tag Backdrop Piledriver Combo (Double Team Finisher), Back to Back Crucifix Rack (Finisher), Golden Spike (Finisher), Bridges Flying Headbutt (High), Jim Breaks Special (Finisher), Super Reverse Rana (High), Bell-Ringer Swing (Finisher), Running Belly Butt (Medium), Back Suplex into Turnbuckle (High), Gokuraku-gatame (Finisher), Arm Lock and Wrist Bend (Medium), Head and Straight Arm Lock (Low), The Franchiser (Finisher), Pittsburgh Plunge (Finisher)

* Various Worker Tweaks

* Various Move Tweaks

* Various Moveset Tweaks

* Various Tag Teams Added

* Various Relationships Added

* New Move, Logo and Worker Pics

As always, enjoy!

Because the British mat based wrestling is so interesting to me, I've expanded upon their chain take down and submission moves.

Also, the turnbuckle series really makes for some neat situations. In my last test with it, the Sheik struggled to remove the turnbuckle cover after having already untied the strings. Abdullah the Butcher crept up behind me, though, and floored me with a fork jab to the throat. Abby received a message from Allah, then dropped a Sudanese Meat Clever for the win. :)

Enjoy!

Update Changes: v2.1

* Worker(s) Added: Princess Paula (Joint/Manager)

* Moves Added: Step Over Leg Lock (Finisher), Pat Roach Special (Finisher), Double Knee Back Breaker (Finisher), Leg Trip Step Over Leg Lock (Finisher), Standing Arm Lever (Low), Double Arm Lever (Medium), Suspended Double Arm Lever (Finisher), Further Half Nelson Take Down (Medium), Rear Head Chancery (Medium), Texas Trash Compactor (Finisher), The Samoan Drop (Finisher), Double Arm Take Down (Low), Untie Turnbuckle Cover (Medium/Low Cheat), Remove Turnbuckle Cover (High/Medium Cheat), Exposed Turnbuckle Smash (Finisher/High Cheat)

* Movesets Added: Black Bart, Stan Frazier

* Various Worker Tweaks

* Various Moveset Tweaks

* New Move, Logo, and New Worker Pics

First off - let me just thank each and every one of you for your interest in this. I know there are hitches and wheezes hidden within (and a Bear that demands Dr. Pepper), but it's a labor of love; love of nostalgia, and love of this game.

The interest in the scenario really blows me away, to be honest. All the kind words of kudos are truly appreciated.

I do mean that.

Re: Loaded Masks, Leaping Piledrivers, and Bears - oh, my!

Rick and I were talking about the Loaded Masks the other day; in particular about my assigning the masked rudos to use the move. That's been one of those 'grey areas' that I have been uncomfortable about.

I profess a complete and utter ignorance on the intricacies of the lucha scene. While I know that a Piledriver would be a horribly rudo thing to do, I wasn't so sure on how they handled their masks. Would they use it as a weapon, as many American masked villains would do? I wasn't, and still am not too sure about that.

It seems to me that a rudo, like any lucha wrestler, would place too much importance on the mask to use it as a weapon. Still... I took the cheap way out, in that I didn't properly research that; giving the generic sets the Loaded Mask for a sure-fire Finisher on all sizes.

If anyone has any info on that, I'd greatly appreciate it.

I'm not sure they'd use a loaded mask, personally, while they don't give a fudge about the "honor" and "tradition" connected to them, their mask is still a symbol of their dynasty, and at least helps them to get out of the area without having to worry about getting jumped by angry fans. ;) Also, most Lucha masks are made out of materials like spandex, so hiding an object in them would be fairly hard.

A move every rudo should have is a "rips at mask" type move. In Lucha, it's an auto DQ to unlace and remove another luchador's mask outside a mask/hair vs. mask/hair match, however, most rudos get around that by that by tearing at the eye and/or mouth holes of the mask, streching and ripping the material. I've seen luchadors whose masks were almost completely destroyed, but the rudo didn't get DQed because the mask was still laced and the luchador was still "wearing it", even if it was just basicly a colorful, albeit tattered, hood by then. An "unlace mask" move that stunned would also be a safe bet. As a Luchador whose mask is unlaced suddenly has other things to worry about than the guy in the ring with him, leaving him open to all sorts of mischief.

An "unlace mask" move that stunned would also be a safe bet. As a Luchador whose mask is unlaced suddenly has other things to worry about than the guy in the ring with him, leaving him open to all sorts of mischief.

This sounds like a good idea, though it would be up to the player to role-play it a little so as not to try the move on a wrestler who doesn't wear a mask. The concept is cool though! :D

Thank you very much for the information, Mr. Dracos; much appreciated.

The 'ripping at the mask' moves are an excellent suggestion. The one problem I can see with that, though, is that WreSpi has no masks, per se. You might end up fighting an AI rudo, for example, and find the villain trying to remove a mask that might not be there.

(edit: XoX pointed this out before me - heh.)

Still... as a 'roleplayer', I would love to have the moves. Were one to do an efed based on the Exhibition mode, the problem above wouldn't quite matter, as you can dictate who is wrestling.

We'll see what we can come up with.

Boon Ghost, you forgot to add nancy sullivan aka Woman to your next update for v2.2. Could you also add joshi puroresu aka japanese women wrestling from the 80's plus mexican superstar octagon from the AAA promotion because Iam a big fan of him. Thanks for your time.

Boon Ghost, you forgot to add nancy sullivan aka Woman to your next update for v2.2...

Nancy Sullivan is in the game, as Fallen Angel.

As Rick mentioned, we cut out a vast majority of women wrestlers. Without female promotions, there really isn't much point in including more chicks.

Octagon; The Master of the Eight Angles.

Very cool wrestler that I'll add to the next update. I'll probably throw him into CMLL, though, as AAA isn't in the works.

v2.2:

* Corrected 3 small errors and reuploaded at 11:20PM EST - Grab Weapon should be Medium w/70% Frequency, King Kong Kirk should be U.K., Europe, & Australia exclusive, plus I had forgotten to list the correct version number in the Scenario Info

For those that may have downloaded previous versions of the DOTT scenario, you will need the data from the DOTTv2.2.zip, the MovesPics.zip and the NewWorkerPics.zip

I have also touched up the alternate arena backgrounds. If interested, you will also need the AltBackgrounds.zip

Overwrite whatever it asks...

* Worker(s) Added: El Supremo, Lobo Rubio, Babe Face, El Audaz, El Supremo, Super Pinocho, Johnny Kincaid, Dave Bond, Peter Roberts, The Amazing Kung Fu (Ed Hamill), El Signo, Bob Holly, Ian Dean, Octagon, Steve Grey, Jackie Pallo

* Moves Added: Cangrejo Japonés (lucha Scorpion Deathlock - Finisher), Grab Weapon (Medium/Low Cheat), Microphone Cord Choke Out (High/Medium Cheat), Japanese Self-Stanglehold (Finisher), Supremo Special (Finisher), Half-Strangle Hammer (Medium), Standing Stomach Claw (High), Falcon Arrow (Finisher), Hollycaust (Finisher), Tearing of the Mask (Medium/Low Cheat), Angel Press (Finisher), La Escalera (Finisher), La Jarocha (Low), Octagon Special (Finisher), Quebradora con Giro (Medium), Corner Nose Honking (Low), Goosing (Low), Double Nipple Twister (Low), La Cañonera (Finisher), Corner Kangaroo Kick (High), Arm Trap Head Twist (Medium), British Piledriver (Finisher), Cartwheel Avalanche (High), Cartwheel Clothesline (High), Spread-Eagled Stomp (Medium), Face Claw (Finisher), Riding Crop Whipping (Medium), Riding Crop Choke Out (High), Giant Chest Walk (Medium), Bigelow Moonsault (Finisher)

* Movesets Added: El Signo, El Supremo, Johnny Kincade, El Audaz, Amazing Kung Fu, Robbie Brookside, Bob Holly, Ian Dean, Octagon - Tecnico, Octagon - Rudo, Lucha Comedy Star, Babe Face - Tecnico, Babe Face - Rudo, Generic Lucha Brawler #2, Jackie Pallo, Technical Middleweight Heel #3, Haystacks

* Tag Team(s) Added: The Hells Angels (Adrian Street & Bobby Barnes), Caribbean Sunshine Boys (Kincaid & Bond), The Kung-Fu Fighters (Roberts & Hamill), The Liverpool Lads (Brookside & Dean), Santo & Octagon (El Hijo del Santo & Octagon)

* Various Moveset Tweaks

* Various Worker Tweaks

* New 'New Worker' pics

* New Move Pics

Enjoy!

Loving the new update guys

I found a few moves that Jannety used to do

http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/profiles/m/marty-jannetty.html

I couldn't find a full movelsit but that should be a start ') keep up the great work guys I'm enjoying it

also in the game his last name is speelec Janety , but from all the online sources I've found its spelled jannety