Death of the Territories v1.0 Released

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How to install

Many apologies for a silly question, but I AM SO PUMPED about trying this mod...

How do you install? There was a link graciously posted in the first message on this thread... it has a series of files to be downloaded and it was reccomended that you read the "instructions/read me" to install this scenario on the game. Unfortunately, I didn't see the instructions on the link... again, not to be a pain, but can someone give me a "Reader's Digest" version of how to install a mod on WrestSpri...?

Many thanks and a BIIIG thanks/congratulations for creating this intriguing sounding scenario!!!

there's a readme file in the zip read it and it explains everything.

this game is getting better and better . I defended my CWA lightweight title against la parka and then I was scheduled in a tag match with marty jannetty in Cstate , for the most part though my career so far is boomign in CWA

If you still have problems, bhb007, drop me a PM and I'll detail it out better for you.

Yeah, Doc -- there are a few really cool opening promotions, but my favorites would be Mid-South and the CWA.

Memphis/CWA is cool, as they have a great mix of regional level stars, plus those couple of 'soon to break out' mega stars (Savage/Bundy). Not only that, but Memphis has Andy; you can never lose with Kaufman. :)

Fan-freakin-tastic!

You guys are incredible!!!

I was incredibly pleased when I checked the mods forum this afternoon and saw that version 1.0 was complete!

Your passion for the 80's is evident and I commend you on a job well done!

I'm hoping I can get Stampede Wrestling up to a higher level and keep Vince's grubby paws off my favorite 80's promotion.

And for those who are wondering about Rookie to Legend, I started a career with a super heavyweight and was able to get looked at or signed to at least six promotions. The only drawback is that each promotion has so many shows it can be difficult to keep up with the demand on playing time. No 12 match years with the scenario.

And again, D Boon's and Rick, thank you, you beautiful b*st*rds!

(Not sure the status of that word ;) )

Great stuff. I'm doing a career as Bret Hart now. I've decided to only work for three promotions, since they all have 2/3 shows a week. Even only working for Stampede, CWA, and WWC, the only day I don't have the chance of beeing booked is Sunday, and I have to make a decision every Saturday.

In making so many low level touring events (old time House Shows) for some promotions, I kind of wanted to force the player to stick with one promotion at a time. They may not skyrocket in popularity, as the house shows for smaller promotions, in general, are seen by very few people, but they can season at a reasonable clip.

I understand that in some cases it's not practical to stick to one promotion. Making $20 a night can force your hand, heh. Still... once you start making enough money to live, I was hoping that the 8-10 cards per month that a regional promotion runs would be enough.

It's also one of the reasons so many regional stars start with Written contracts. I really wanted the player to get to appreciate how it is to work the one promotion to start.

Great stuff. I'm doing a career as Bret Hart now.

Me too! and I was wondering if your stamina has peaked yet? Mine peaked at 62, which in my opinion is a little low for a guy who has seen a few Iron Man matches in his day.

Also, does anyone know if this will happen in every career with Bret or is it random in some way? Maybe Adam could answer that.

I only have one complaint about DOTT, I cant play as Dusty Rhodes in career mode,

I know he was head booker in CWF and later in MACW but gimme a break guys, what do i have to do to get him active. anyway the DOTT is great and adds to the whole game

I will be playing this game for a long time to come, lets hear it for old school!!!!

Me too! and I was wondering if your stamina has peaked yet? Mine peaked at 62, which in my opinion is a little low for a guy who has seen a few Iron Man matches in his day.

Also, does anyone know if this will happen in every career with Bret or is it random in some way? Maybe Adam could answer that.

I'm just less than a month in, so I haven't peaked on anything yet, though I have gone up about 12 in mic skills and have made lots of friends (6 shows a week helps).

From the main screen go into Database Manager, from there Edit Database, and finally Edit Promotions.

Remove Dusty from Head Booker role of Mid-Atlantic and replace him with... I don't know - you could go with either Paul Jones or Dory Funk Jr. Whichever or whomever you want.

Make sure you hit Save before exiting.

Dusty will then be playable.

Knife Edge Chop and Flair

Not being critical or anything, the DOTT is perfect, but dontcha think Flair should have a more damaging chop, or bigger wow factor chop than most? its alot of what made him,well... him. I mean even now people whoo when someone gets chopped, flair in the match or not.

I'm playing a career with Scot Steiner and He started with $2,000 and right now my total profits for the year are $500 , I've made $1,00 in all but minus the 500 for living expenses.

What I did though was For all the companys that offered me say $60 on up for a pay per appearance deal. I made sure to set the length as low as possible.

and as D Boon noted about

I kind of wanted to force the player to stick with one promotion at a time

thats how its turning out with Rick. I've got deals with several other feds but I rarely wrestle for them becasue UWA Is constantly booking me. My overness in Mexico right now is 12 and at the moment it says I've peaked in Physcology

I'll try to get to the questions in order. If I miss any, I apologize beforehand.

Flair already has special chops; The Flair Corner Chop Flurry - which does 65% WOW.

I may give him a standard one, though, as I noticed that Wahoo McDaniel has his own standard chop. But to me, no one compared to Wahoo's chop - so I didn't bother with Flair the first time around.

As a matter of fact, considering that Flair 'stole' those chops from Wahoo (which he will tell you himself), I just threw the standard Wahoo chop onto the Nature Boy Move set for the next update.

Xellence... I currently have a Muta career going; unsigned rookie off the street. Like Dochappy, I started off working with UWA and eventually made my way north of the border to work for Southwest Championship. It's taken me two months, but I am finally nearing the breaking even point.

Someone like Pillman may have to hustle promotions early on, as he's very, very green - but you should be able to make even within that first 4 months.

Doc... the moves that are left blank are probably those I borrowed from the original data; those 'special' moves that I figured would be of use to others. I'll go through and ensure that they all have their descriptions. Thanks!

With the next update, Rick and I will address the 'peaking' of stats. And the stats of the 'future/present rookies'.

Doc - you mentioned that Steiner peaked in Psychology? Can I ask what his 'final' stat is in that catagory? He is 23 years old, so I would have assumed he had a good few years to 'blossom', so to speak. If he has topped out already, I will have to give him a slight boost. Granted, he's not known for his in-ring psychology - heh - but it should be a reasonable number.

Allow me to join in the chorus: Best. Stat Update. Ever.

The biggest problem is deciding who to start a career with. I think, for my first try, I will have to go with the one and only Roy Wayne Ferris, aka The Honky Tonk Man. My goal: Join the WWF. Become the Greatest Intercontinental Champion OF ALL TIME. Feud with the Macho Man Randy Savage.

One thing, though: I noticed that there is no "Guitar Smash over the Head" among his moves. How can we have HTM and not have The Guitar?