Death of the Territories v1.0 Released

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We'll see how long it lasts, but I've uploaded the scenario files to pcpages. Several people have expressed annoyance at my sending the files through email, so I figured this would be best.

v3.5 Data

Belt pictures

Logos

Moves 1

Moves 2

People 1

People 2

And here are the latest pictures that came with v3.5:

New Logos

New Moves

New People

Again - I doubt it will last long, but it should do for now.

Hope you newer guys enjoy the scenario.

And thanks to all of those that have left kind remarks in that direction. I've gotten to know quite a few of you throughout the work done on this project - and for that I have to be thankful. If I could spread a bit of the love and/or history of territorial wrestling while expanding the possibilites and enjoyment of Wrestling Spirit, I consider all efforts worthwhile.

Heck... just the fact that I helped inspire some of the fantastic diaries in this forum makes everything worthwhile. :)

An honest tip-of-the-hat to every one of you that has expressed interest in the Death of the Territories scenario over the last eight months. I certainly hope each one of you enjoyed the data as much as I did making it.

Kudos.

I just had to say kudos on the great Death Of The Territories scenario...it is an absolutely awesome game...I have been playing it ever since D.Boon kindly e-mailed it to me a few days ago....I've been playing as the legend known as The Honky Tonk Man and have just won the PNW Heavyweight Title from 'PlayBoy Buddy Rose' and also am the champion of the PPW....Been trying to get a shot in the WWE but to no avail...damn Vinnie Mac for not noticing the greatness of The Honky Tonk Man......DAMN HIM!!!!!!!(HEHE).

Once again a great scenario and thanks for allowing all of us to enjoy it.

Guest Nukester
Nice one, a top scenario. Andby the way, i think i speak for everyone when i say that we ALL enjoyed playing DOTT, and you truly deserve thanks for your hardwork and effort.

Thanks

^^^^^^^^^^^

My sentiments exactly. Thanks, Ghost, for the fantastic trip down memory lane ! Without the DOTT scenario, I dont know how long I would have played the game, but I play a few matches every night now.

What jksander said goes for me as well. This is a great mod and is a must for anyone who has purchased wrestling spirit.

D. Boon, Pete Dougherty is the name of the "Duke of Dorchester" and at one time in the WWF he wore a yellow costume, complete with mask, and was named "Golden Terror".

Thanks for taking the time to pass along the kind words, chaps; its mucho appreciated.

Info on Dougherty has been updated, cap; thanks for that.

I've also recently been given a heaping helping of Japanese, Lucha, and other various matches. With this newest 'research' (heh), I've been tweaking out a lot of movesets. And because I've actually grown to respect the character, having finally seen the man work, I've really done a job on Sabu; new moves, reworked moveset, yadda, yadda.

I'll release it for those interested as soon as I finish going through these matches, as I'd like to get as many them tightened as I can.

You've made my Hall Of Fame with Rachel McAdams and Christopher Walken. :)

Honestly, Sabu is A great worker. I loved writing for him, to. I bet everyone would love to use him in this scenario.

You're amazing, D. Boon. I'll say you're an iconic figure of the board(As corky as that sounds, it's true!)

Thank you for all the time you spent, and I'm glad that you're glad on how this has turned out.

If I had A signature, It'd be "Everybody is happy because of D. Boon".

Once again... Thank you.

A question, for those interested in the scenario: After reading the debate going on in the WreSpi section, do you feel that I should drop a lot of events for the lower promotions?

GardnerFTW and teakle brought up an interesting point that the amount of shows for lower feds abnormally raises overness for the workers. I'm thinking that if I limited the smaller promotions to one show per week, it might extend careers.

Any opinions are welcome. Thanks!

I'd say drop a few of those lower level promotions shows as well, DBG.

The progress can be a little unreasonable.

The problem I see though, is that as a rookie, it might be difficult to make enough money to survive. I guess it would take a little fiddling to see if it would work out. I think it could, but it might be a little tight.

As far as the progress being too slow, people who want faster progress could overcome it by joining more promotions and editing the scenario.

...The problem I see though, is that as a rookie, it might be difficult to make enough money to survive. I guess it would take a little fiddling to see if it would work out. I think it could, but it might be a little tight...

That's the reason I initially gave the smaller feds a couple of shows per week. 4 shows per month, when working for someone that pays $20/night, is a killer when you need to pull in at least $500 per month to survive at the lowest level of Current Lifestyle (Paying Your Dues).

Another reason for so many shows was that I was hoping to inspire people to stick with those lower feds exclusively while building their worker up. If a Player works 3-4 promotions at the same time, there's not much that can be done to slow progress.

Another option, perhaps, is to lower the overness levels of regional-type workers. Considering that overness comes from beating people higher up the food chain, lowering the non-stars might allow slower progress.

Then again, your wrestler might be stuck working with people like Gypsy Joe and Jules Strongbow a lot longer than anyone might want to see.

The answer to this is to maybe raise the amount of pay per appearance in the lower feds, to simulate workouts, sparring, and general training with the feds in question.

Or, work in some sort of part-time job system, because honestly, 20 bucks an appearance, working once or twice a month... That's just not feasible. Even if you work two feds...

The part-time job thing would be interesting. Maybe have a selection of jobs to pick from, with a range of weekly wages. Then somehow work in a way for them to complicate match scheduling.

Of course, this is an underlying issue with the engine, not the mod itself, but hey... We know Adam reads all this stuff. ::grin::

Just wondering how those tweaks are going to the movesets and whatnot.

Are you planning to reduce the number of cards for some of those promotions? I ask because I'm getting close to finishing 1984 in my Lyger diary and I'd like to update with the best possible version.

Also, in a game I'm playing with Rookie to Legend, ASW and PPW keep cancelling touring shows due to a lack of workers. Is this because they are Garbage promotions? Anyone else had this problem? Maybe some more Garbage style workers are needed?

Anyway, love the changes so far and anxiously awaiting the next step! :D

Thanks for the anxiousness, Ash. At least I know this 'mic is on'. :)

My experiments in cutting shows resulted in the AI actually adding shows to compensate. As soon as that was found out, I kicked myself and mumbled about the other reason I chose the amount of shows I did 4 months ago.

So... shows being cut are out. The positive to that is that I did get to balance out many of the lesser promotions - Calgary, Florida, Southwest, Pacific Northwest, etc.

Tomko's All-Star has been switched to Sports Entertainment, as anyone with Lobster Man on their roster is entirely justified. :) I'm hoping that switching those two local feds will help them in the long run. PPW has been set to Traditional.

I also lowered the Visibility of every 'house show' to Poor, as well as the television for many lesser promotions.

I've also added a heaping helping of moves to better the illusion; a ton of ground strikes, a lot of limb marksmen helpers (Claw Hand Ring Post Slam, etc.) some chain moves (mucho float-overs), and the kick butt Sit-Down Running Plancha Dive (Sabu's move where he sits the groggy victim down on a chair and does his flea antics).

I'm still not too sure what can be done to stem the tide of overness gain that some people are experiencing, with the exception of what was mentioned above. The bane of regional wrestlers, with this subject in mind, is that almost every territory had a roster of stars that received regular press in the wrestling magazines of the day; the Von Erichs, for example, were well known to most wrestling fans - whether you watched them or not. If I lower the regional stars to levels that offer better retarding of popularity, I essentially remove what made the territorial days great.

Frankly, though - I just don't experience the 'rapid growth syndrome'. I'm currently about six months into a test Sabu career (which is a heck of a lot of fun with the new Sabu moveset, imo), and I'm still toiling in Canada.

I do play under the Socko Rules, though - 1 country worked at a time, no more than 2 promotions at once (my own slant on Socko's limitations), can only apply to work promotions where your friends are employed, etc.

Anyway... I should have this ready for release this weekend.

Take care!