Death of the Territories v1.0 Released

I have collected the following worker pictures. They range in quality from "really good" to "poor", but most of them are acceptable in quality:

Angelo Poffo

Barry Orton

Billy Joe Travis

Bobby Whitlock

Boyd Pierce

Dan Greer

Dave Brown

Don Coss

Francisco Alonso Lutteroth

George South

Hugo Savinovich

Jake Milliman

Jason the Terrible

Jeff Gaylord

Jerry Jarrett

Joe Frazier

Joe Savoldi

Joey Marella

John Tolos

Johnny Mantell

Jose Estrada Jr.

Juan Rodríguez

Lance Russell

Larry Matysik

Madusa Miceli

Mark Curtis

Paul Morton

Phil Lafon

Randy Anderson

Shiro Koshinaka

Tomas Marin

Verne Siebert

Lance Russell has 2 pics, and Verne Siebert has 3 (see below). I have also included the CWA logo in the attached ZIP file.

While going through the workers, I have noticed the following small issues:

Ray Mendosa’s picture not set correctly. He has a photo but it is not set as his default photo.

Paul Morton listed as father of “Robert” Morton, rather than Ricky (or Richard). I do that, too.

Francisco Lutteroth listed with a birth date of 1913 (his father was born in 1913. I'm not sure of his birthday, but it is probably in the 1930's.)

Also, Verne Siebert wrestled for Tomko in addition to being a referee, so perhaps he should be edited to allow him to wrestle. I have included 3 Siebert pics - one as a ref, and 2 as a wrestler (one as Verne Siebert and 1 as Nature Boy Sweetan).

Anyway, I hope these are useful. At some point, I will try to find some more of these guys, but some of them are pretty obscure (Farmer Boy Ipo???????)

MoreWorkers.zip

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Incidentally, by my count, these are the workers who do not have pics, and for whom I could not find a picture. This might not be everyone, and of course some of the ones I found could stand to be better. I have also attached a new, slightly less cruddy Angelo Poffo.

Bill Mercer

Brian Dance

Carlos Flores

Chris Carter

Darren Smith

David Manning

Ed Karl

El Perverso

Farmer Boy Ipo

Francisco Flores

Freddie Miller

Gene Kelly

George Weingeroff

Harold Harris

Igor Volkoff

James Beard

Jerry Calhoun

Jerry O

Jim Holliday

Jim Mitchell

Jimmy McGuire

Joel Deaton

Johnny Rivera

Jorge Randosa

Jose Luis Rivera

Juan Carlos

Juan Ramierz

Juan Ranosa

Ken Farber

Kevin Wall

Marc Lowrance

Masahiro Sasaki

Michael W. Allen

Mike Starbuck

Pedro Huertez

Pops Aguraro

Randy Rich

Ricky Vargas Benitez

Sam Diamond

Scott Gonzalez

Scrappy McGowen

Sheik Abdullah the Great

Teddy Ross

Terry Adonis

Tim Tall Tree

Todd Tomko

Tom Jones

Tom Rocky Stone

Yoshinari Tsuji

348516338_AngeloPoffo1.jpg.de92d1afbc3810a68fec8f6bc484777a.jpg

I'm getting an error when I try to play rookie to legend .

i created my guy piked my moves and then approached 3 promotions for contracts. i got a tryout for all three then when i click to proceed to next day. i get a error stating Bad record number. its happened 4 times already. I dunno if its something I'm doing wrong or a file misplkaced or something

I am going to keep looking to fill in the photos. One thing that would help is this:

If anyone knows anything about any of the "missing" guys that is not already listed in their profile, like who they may have feuded with, or a particular promotion they worked for, it might help tracking them down. Especially if they feuded with or were friendly with someone who was much better known.

Just 49 to go.

Ok... the Run Time Error was tied into the Card.fis file - so I must have been trying to force too many small events on the promotions.

Note: I have included the picture pack that ShootTheMoon has provided into the New Worker zip file. The Read Me reflects his generous contributions, as does the new worker.fis file (all new pictures assigned to workers).

On top of that, ShootTheMoon has also provided a generic CWA promotion logo, which I have added to the Logos.zip (located in the TEW scenario files).

v1.2

* PPW given a weekly house show; the PX Center Extravaganza (Friday/Poor Visibility)

* various Moves tweaks

* various Worker tweaks

* various Move sets tweaks

* Promotion(s) Added: Universal Pro Wrestling (Japan/Small/Seasonal)

* Workers Added: Prof. Tanaka, Dan Severn, Ken Shamrock, Masahiro Chono, Kodo Fuyuki, Kintaro Oki,

* Movesets Added: Ken Shamrock, Dan Severn, Chono, Toshiaki Kawada

* Moves Added: Teioh Lock, Yakuza Kick, Abdominal Stretch Face Lock, Step Kick

* Title(s) Added: British Commonwealth Mid-Heavyweight Title (CSW)

Sorry about the last problem.

Enjoy!

good lord...

...this is the greatest thing ever.

as someone who grew up in the 70s and 80s in Ft. Worth with WCCW, i am blown away by this. Today, i am Gino Hernandez - The Handsome Halfbreed.

two notes: Marc Lowrence, the WCCW announcer who's picture is missing, was a substitute teacher for one of my classes on 7th grade. i marked out.

also - not a complaint, but rather a historical accuracy thing. WCCW had Monday night TV Tapings. these were for the show that would air for two hours on Saturday night on Channel 11.

off to download 1.2!

Thank you very much for the information on World Class, Tree; it is much appreciated.

Living in El Paso for a few months in early '86, I could have sworn the show was on Sunday mornings at around 11AM. I really wish I had been around to catch the 2 hour shows.

Speaking of Hernandez... he was always a favorite of mine. When I did move down to Texas, I was very excited to finally get to see the guy on a regular basis after watching him years earlier when he was in Detroit and Southwest.

I ended up catching one show - a reshowing of the card earlier in the week where he blinded Chris Adams. That, of course, was the weekend before his death.

Figures.

Thank you very much for the information on World Class, Tree; it is much appreciated.

Living in El Paso for a few months in early '86, I could have sworn the show was on Sunday mornings at around 11AM. I really wish I had been around to catch the 2 hour shows.

Speaking of Hernandez... he was always a favorite of mine. When I did move down to Texas, I was very excited to finally get to see the guy on a regular basis after watching him years earlier when he was in Detroit and Southwest.

I ended up catching one show - a reshowing of the card earlier in the week where he blinded Chris Adams. That, of course, was the weekend before his death.

Figures.

you are not remembering incorrectly. there was indeed a Sunday morning show as well - i don't know what day it was taped on, but it was a one hour progam that came from "the world famous Sportatorium" in Dallas. that's the show most people outside of the DFW Metroplex remember.

But it was the Monday Taping that aired on saturday night that was the big local show.

and Gino's death - like many of those in World Class - was a true tragedy. too much, too fast for him. and his death cheated us fans out of what was no doubt going to be a crazy hot angle.

of course, D. Boon's death was even more significant, but that's another story all together...

... of course, D. Boon's death was even more significant, but that's another story all together...

Heh. I've been using this internet tag for years. In all that time, you are the third person to get the reference. :)

As I am trying to capture Fritz' promotion at its height, I will set World Class' T.V. taping/show as you recommended for the next update.

Again, thanks for the info!

Stats peaking issues

Hey guys.

I'm having a problem with stat peaking again! :(

In my Lyger career I have peaked at 23 mic and 62 (or so) psychology. While Lyger maybe isn't so well known for his interviews, he definitely should have higher psychology, being one of the greatest lightweight wrestlers of all time. It only took two weeks game time to peak.

I know you guys are aware of this issue, so the only thing I can think of if you want a true rookie experience is to recreate your desired real-life rookie from scratch and hope over time he meets your expectations.

I wish I had saved Mr. Ryland's reply to this problem, as I wouldn't have to paraphrase - but... stat peaking is entirely random from worker to worker; where one guy might peak at 20 mic (or Speed, or whatever), another might peak at 100.

It's very unfortunate, but there is nothing that can be done about it at present. I believe that Mr. Ryland will be addressing this in the 1.5 patch - but again, I'm going on 'recall mode' here. Don't quote me. ;)

I can see why there is a randomization to the equation; if not, everyone would become superstars. Still, I would like to predetermine the 'future stars' as a scenario maker.

This is where an editable hidden potential stat would come in incredibly well for game world makers.

Until the issue is addressed, I strongly suggest trying another game w/Lyger. I swear we won't tell anyone; your diary can live! :)

Thanks for the reply, D. Boon's!

I think I'm just going to continue with my Lyger career as it is. Kind of an alternate reality! Let's just see how far I can take him with a few handicaps. If other stats peak too soon, I'll just adjust his moves accordingly over time so at least he has the ability to fit his moveset in a few years.

I saw this thread and was putting off getting the download at first as I am enjoying my Original Data game. I started as Bret Hart, as he seemed to be someone I actually know and have actively seen that I could build up from the begining. I must say I am thoroughly impressed. I was surprised when I went 22 minutes and only got a D rating, pulling better matches out is now something you have to work for. I didn't grow up watching this period, heck, I was a year away from being born, but I love all aspects of wrestling. So kudos and good job. I am defiantly recommending this to all my dice fed buddies to look into once they get Wrestling Spirits. Which they will get.. or I will kill them.

I finally started playing a scenario, and this is just awesome. I was a little perturbed that the Guitar Blast to the Head could only be done outside, especially since HTM did it more than a few times inside the ring. So I edited the move in my scenario, since my ultimate goal is to someday use that guitar on Hulk Hogan to win the WWF title.

I have created some move pictures especially for my Honky Tonk Man career. The two for his signature moves (The Shake Rattle and Roll and the Guitar Smash to the Head) might be useful to other people, so I have attached them, along with an "alternate" Guitar Shot (Jeff Jarrett making some music on Billy Gunn's noggin).

The Shake Rattle and Roll pic is Honky setting up Steamboat for the SRR that won him the IC title. One of the Guitar Shots is a non-explosive shot to the head of Brett Hart. The other is an attack on Snuka during the Brother Love show (complete with BL in the background). I could not find one with HTM actually shattering his guitar on anyone.

I also have some pics of HTM executing some other moves, but I doubt anyone wants their move pics to start looking like a HTM highlight reel.

HTMmoves.zip

Thanks, Moon; great pictures, as always.

Re: Outside weapons... Many of the weapon shots are outside exclusive for the simple fact that the move progression of grabbing such weapons was too clunky from inside the ring. One could role play it so that they Leave the Ring, grab the weapon, then Enter the Ring - to simulate the process, but I couldn't count on everyone doing that. ;)

Allowing the attacker to magically have this weapon in his hand inside the ring didn't make too much sense to me (much like this sentence's structure - heh). By making it outside, I at least could imagine the attacker reaching for the weapon he had brought (or stashed, as in the case of the Freebird Hair Cream) to ringside and nailing the victim in one move.

Some weapon shots are inside the ring, though - so I wasn't entirely consistent on that; the Moondog double Bone clothesline, for example.