Death of the Territories v1.0 Released

Ring Post Figure Four has been in CornellVerse move database for a while now (although you wouldn't have it if you've only been patching since 1.0), you could just import it from there.

I would recommend downloading the move database that will be available when the CornellVerse web site gets launched, as that has a bunch of new stuff that hasn't been seen before, like moves off the ring apron (although they're under the heading Plancha, you can accurately simulate Powerbombs off the apron for example).

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heh, looks like a struck a nerve with the Jake the Snake thing! :p

Yeah, I was very young back in those days. I vaguely remember him in WCCW for a bit. I mostly remember him from his WWF days though. I was a preteen (maybe very early teen) at the time and whenever a heel did something to totally degrade a face, we went crazy. But hey... I thought George the Animal Steele eating turnbuckles was the coolest thing. :p

George eating the turnbuckles WAS the coolest thing, so you’re not alone! I was 4 when this 1983 was taking place, and I can remember some of this stuff, as I have watched wrestling since I was a baby. My mom always told me my "real daddy" was either Elvis or Ric Flair. I guess my point was people take everything too seriously once they get older… Its OK to mark out every once in awhile.

v1.3

* Worker(s) Added: Atlantis, Máscara Sagrada, Rayo de Jalisco Jr.

* Move(s) Added: La Atlántida (Finisher), Dragon Suplex (Finisher), Grounded Ankle Twist (Medium), Topes de Jalisco; kneeling headbutts (Medium), Flying Tope en Reversa; Blind reverse flying headbutt (Finisher), Grounded Iron Claw (Finisher), Roughneck Combo (Medium), Rear Seated Punch Flurry (Medium), Seated Tomahawk Chop (Medium), Rope Arm Tie Punch Flurry (Medium), Tag Double Toss to Corner (Low), Shoulder Mounted Suplex (High), Rope Head Tie Punch Fury (Finisher/Illegal), Divider Post Shot to Chest (Medium), Divider Post Blast to Head (High), Confetti Toss (High/Taunt - for Memphis Randy Savage, heh), The Primping Strut (Low/Taunt), Face Tear (Medium), Wrist Tape Choke (High), Seated Hammer (Medium), Face Slam into Mat (Medium), Hammerlock w/Taunt (Low), Arm Scissors Take Down (Medium), Single Leg Scissors Lock T.D. (High), Big Roundhouse Punch (Medium), Invertido Martinete (Finisher/Illegal), Martinete (Finisher/Illegal), La Cruceta del Enfermero (Finisher), Pescado (Low), Suástica Stretch Face Crusher (Finisher), Suástica Stretch Roll Pinfall (Finisher), Tirabuzón (Finisher), Damian Threat (Low/Taunt)

* Moveset(s) Added: Jason the Terrible, Atlantis, Máscara Sagrada, Nobuhiko Takada, Tatsumi Fujinami, Rayo de Jalisco Jr.

* Moves tweaks (Side Headlock finally fixed!)

* Worker tweaks

* Wholescale Move set tweaks (Removed Leaping Piledriver from many generic move sets, plus tweaked it)

* UWF promotion roster filled out

* Major revamp of the Touring Schedules for the Big Promotions

* Mr. Ryland's new Sound pack is used

* Move Pics Added: 3 Guitar Blast(s) to Head (StM's) - Shake, Rattle & Roll Neckbreaker (StM's) - Press Slam - Fork Gouge - Side Headlock - Bionic Elbow - Bionic Elbow 2 - Choke Hold 2 - Rear Chinlock - Over Shoulder Backbreaker - Big Bear Hug - Grounded Bite - Flying Fistdrop - Falling Fistdrop - Tope Suicida - Side Headlock Punch - Full Nelson 2 - Iron Claw 2 - Roughneck Combo - Chop Flurry 2 - Chain Punch - Arm Wringer TD - Corner Stomp - Atlas Bear Hug - Coco Butt - Heel Beg Off - Choke Throw - Bionic Elbow 3 - Stomp Flurry - Elbow Drop Knee - Corner Toss - Tag Corner Toss - Body Slam - Bombs Away Knee - Scissors - Ten Punch - Running Chair - Killer Knee Drop - Sleeper - Rope Tie Flurry - Confetti - Wrist Tape - Face Tear - Forearm Blow - Airplane Carry - Seated Kick - Head Twist - Big Punch - Mat Face Slam - Roundhouse 1 - Andy Stomp - Underhook Suplex - Turnbuckle Slam - Corner Punch - Arm Scissors - Andre Sit-Down - Hip Toss - Bock Hammerlock - Roundhouse 2 - Damian

* Worker Pics Added: 2 Rayo de Jalisco Jr., another Kendo Nagasaki, 3 Terry Funks (great, great pics), 2 Dory Funk Jr., another David Von Erich (as a hippy! heh), another Nick Bockwinkel

A couple of things to keep in mind with this update.

I wanted to add more flavor to the Mexican promotions. With that, I wiped away all Piledriver/Leaping Piledrivers from every lucha moveset I could find. In their place, the Martinete and Invertido Martinete have been added. These moves, in essence, are Piledrivers - the big exception being, they are far deadlier and Highly illegal.

I have removed many lucha guys from being active in North America. This will prevent these illegal piledrivers from spreading outside of Mexico (and Japan) - in theory, at least. The special luchas, those that were global (Mil Mascaras), have no piledrivers at all in their initial movesets.

Now... this takes into consideration that the player will show some honor when working in Mexico. If you go in there with standard piledrivers, you will be taking advantage of the situation.

The second big change will be the touring schedules of the promotions. In general, I have sceduled the weekly 'on tour' events as falling on the same day; especially among the bigger promotions. This will hopefully prevent too many appearances by your worker, thereby slowing his stat/overness progression to a more reasonable level.

You'll still be able to work more than one promotion, mind you. You'll just have far fewer appearances than in previous versions of the scenario.

So - with that stuff in mind, I hope you enjoy it.

And be a peach... periodically edit Ted to come out of hibernation. The poor bear needs to support his family.

There will probably be one more touch-up update to the scenario, as I'm sure I may have missed a few things. Once that is out of the way, we're leaning towards incorporating U.K. and European promotions for a v2.0.

After that, it's on to the 70's for me. Playing as the Sheik in his heyday is too cool to pass up. ;)

Enjoy!

(And you mistake ranting for seriousness, guys. There's a freaking bear in the game, for crying out loud! How serious must I be? Heh)

Heh, something pretty ironic happened in my Benoit career. On Wednesday, it was Chris, Akio Sato, and Art Crews v Dr. Wagner Jr, La Parka, and George South. Then, Thursday's match for the same promotion was Chris, La Parka, and Dr. Wagner Jr. v George Sout, Akio Sato, and Art Crews.

I didn't ask to turn or anything, so I don't know why it happened like that, but it was pretty funny.

Yeah - the booking AI sometimes books some strange matches.

Playing as Gino Hernandez in World Class, one of my matches was Gino, Kerry Von Erich, and Buddy Roberts vs. David Von Erich, Michaels Hayes, and Terry Gordy. You can explain it away by saying Kerry and David were fighting to see who was the best Von Erich - but not one of the participants were turned before or after the match. So you had 2 Heels and a Face vs 2 Heels and a Face.

The next card, David and Kerry teamed up against the Fabulous Freebirds; Gordy and Hayes.

One of the weirdest ones I've experienced was playing as Nick Bockwinkel in a title defense against the Face Hulk Hogan. The AI somehow made Hogan into Thunderlips for that particular match, or something, as he was using the Heel Hogan moveset - heh. Imagine my surprise when the Hulkster started making fun of me midway through the match... it became obvious, though, when the big oaf nailed me with a Loaded Elbowpad Clothesline, went into his tights for a foreign object, which he raked my eyes with, then tried to knock me out with a Brass Knuckles punch.

I'm not sure what's in those Hulkamaniac vitamins, but he better cut down on them. Pretty soon the little Hulkamaniacs will be blasting their kid sisters over the head with chairs.

The next day I look, and Hulk is a face.

Was really weird.

Still... was an incredible match.

Wow! B+ is fantastic, Johnny! Congrats on that!

The last update beefed up certain guys to more 'Epic' proportions, which I personally felt was needed. Plus, Mr. Ryland's 'hulk up' addition in the last patch really enhanced that nicely.

I've been having some titantic matches as Bockwinkel against the Hulkster, lately, and have really enjoyed the challenge. I can not wait for him to leave the AWA; I can finally have some peace, heh.

I have yet to get a B+, though! :)

Have you been able to beat the Hulkster with Bockwinkel? I just can't keep that big boy down.

I've only beaten him in a fair fight once - out of the three matches in our series. 45 minute time limit bout, I beat him at 43 minutes with a Rolling Hammerlock after working on his arm the entire match.

I've had to get myself DQ'ed the other two times I've faced him, heh. Thank goodness Bock doesn't work in the WWF. I'm pretty sure I'll never see a no DQ title fight in the AWA. :)

so, i'm Gino Hernandez.

and i got bored in WCCW, so i had him quit. and he signed a whole punch of pay per appearance deals with various indies. and also a try out deal with the WWE.

Gino took on Tony Atlas, and was kicking his ass, but eventually got DQed. still, the best match of Gino's career.

i was looking forward to guiding him into matches with Dusty and Flair and Race and such, but the $4800 per month deal that the WWE is offering me seems like it might be too good to turn down...i presume if i take it, i'll have to cancel all my other deals..

i was looking forward to guiding him into matches with Dusty and Flair and Race and such, but the $4800 per month deal that the WWE is offering me seems like it might be too good to turn down...i presume if i take it, i'll have to cancel all my other deals..

Gino in the WWF is a very interesting situation. If the WWF offered you a Written deal, if you accept, you're stuck with them.

Unless Gino quits on them down the line, of course, as he did with World Class (and just about everywhere he worked, historically). :)

Hernandez is an odd bird. It's pretty hard seeing him working for any major promotion, despite his amazing 'Sports Entertainer' personality. While he's young enough to be the lead heel for any promotion for years on end, his attitude is one of the worst in the game.

Personally, I would probably consider reuniting him with Tully (the Original Dynamic Duo) in Mid-Atlantic. :)

yea. i still haven't decided yet. i'll probably think about it and deal with it tomorrow, as i'm heading to the Ring of Honor shows in New Jersey in a few hours...

the Fed even offered him the deal as a mid-carder. this, despite the fact that Atlas badmouthed Gino to the powers that be....such temptation, just to see how it would work, but you're probably right in the fact it goes against his free spirit nature...

When you throw in the possibility of beating up Tony Atlas every night, the WWF may be too tempting to pass up! :)

I've a question for anyone that may know the answer: Were piledrivers illegal in Japan, as they were in Mexico? I honestly can not remember ever seeing a piledriver in a Japan match, so I am not quite sure.

(Edit: Once again, an error was corrected and reuploaded. Thanks to Socko for spotting it...

For anyone that has downloaded an older 1.3 and would rather not be hassled with such a minor update, Ray Traylor should be listed as 1962 for his birth year [doh] -- and the Face Slam into the Mat move should result in 25 damage to the victim's head.

Sorry to have that slip, guys.)

yea. i still haven't decided yet. i'll probably think about it and deal with it tomorrow, as i'm heading to the Ring of Honor shows in New Jersey in a few hours...

the Fed even offered him the deal as a mid-carder. this, despite the fact that Atlas badmouthed Gino to the powers that be....such temptation, just to see how it would work, but you're probably right in the fact it goes against his free spirit nature...

I am so jealous. :(

v1.35 Update

* AWA, WWF, CWA/Memphis, World Class, and PNW roster tweaks to better align to specific time periods

* Ted Dibiase given the Georgia National Heavyweight championship - Larry Zybszko moved to AWA

* Blackjack Mulligan assigned to the AWA as Babyface/Main Eventer

* AI Rebounding Mind-set tweaked on many workers

* Belt Pics Added/Assigned: too many to list (thanks to Socko for the majority of these new belt pics)

* Several birth years fixed

Enjoy!

If anyone is interested in seeing what a very talented person can do with this scenario, I strongly encourage them to check out This Website.

One of our fellow forum members, Socko, has put together a visual diary to a Rookie-to-Legend career, using the DOTT scenario as his game world. It is simply amazing, in my opinion.

I am honestly humbled that something I created could inspire such a grand and entertaining project.

Well done, Socko!