Death of the Territories v1.0 Released

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Adrian Adonis is in as well right? My grandad said he saw him all the time in the 80's...

Funny Weden Trivia: My grandad knows Andre the Giant but has never heard of Hulk Hogan.

Quick Question,

I have been playing as the great Leon White aka Big Van Vadar. His starting contract was, I believe, 7,000 per appearance by AWA. Was that right? When it ran up they offered me a written contract at 6,000 a month as an Upper Midcarder. So, I'm wondering what type of system was used to make these.

Jim

The initial salaries are purely based on initial stats and assigned by the AI at the games start. White, being pretty talented and reasonably known in the various areas, starts off at that $6000/PPA. Granted, Verne Gagne wouldn't pay that in a million years - nor was White at the top of the card at this point, but there isn't much we can do about it.

I would like to have the initial salaries setup in the editor, as TEW had it, just to better gauge them. But, we have what we have.

The Written contract offered to you was a combination of several things, I would imagine. Again, though, it is all the AI's doing.

Sweet. I didn't understand the inner working of how the contracts were handled. Thanks for answering that for me. I have finally gotten White up to fighting at the near main event level. I have been having some battles with the great Baron and hoping for a sweet alignment turn soon to battle it out with the second greatest wrestler of all-time, Nick Bockwinkle!

D.Boon,

As much as I love Nick and everything that was the AWA. I can't help but still find an even stronger place for Flair. Technically, Nick was probably a better pure wrestler, but wasn't close to being the showman that Flair is/was. So, I have to give the nod to the Nature Boy, but much love for Bockwinkle.

It's kind of like the Butter Battle Book, iujim1; comparing the two. :)

I would take any of the Lawler v. Bockwinkel matches over Steamboat v. Flair any day of the week and twice on Saturdays. Bock wasn't the outright showman that the Nature Boy was/is (who is?), but he was superb in his own right.

As much of a fan of the AWA as I am, I do believe that the quality of Flair's average opponent was much much better than that of Bockwinkel's. Not to take anything away from Flair, mind you.

Man, I may have to take back all the great things I have said about you in the past. :-)

I have never been a big fan of Lawler, but maybe that is just me. The stuff with Kaufman was great, but his dodging of Savage is something I will always remember.

I think even Dr. Seuss would have been able to realize that wrestling Baron, Gagne, Hansen, Wahoo, and Rich would be much better opponent wise than Ronnie Garvin, Road Warrior Hawk, and Nikita Koloff.

What do I know though? :-)

Bock was awesome, Boon. And the average of Flair's opponents were better than Bock's. But the worst of Flair's opponents that he actually carried to good matches (An ULTRA green Lex Luger, or Road Warrior Hawk) I think turned out better than alot of Bockwinkel's. I love Bock. But he's no Nature Boy.

Oh yeah, and I love Jerry Lawler as well.

And to the man that posted before me, you're comparing the best of Bockwinkel's to the worst of Flairs. Harley Race? Ricky Steamboat? Bockwinkel had to wrestle with some stinkers too.

I think even Dr. Seuss would have been able to realize that wrestling Baron, Gagne, Hansen, Wahoo, and Rich would be much better opponent wise than Ronnie Garvin, Road Warrior Hawk, and Nikita Koloff.

What do I know though? :-)

Would that be Greg, or Verne? ;)

Seriously, I like Flair - but I'm a Bockwinkel fan. It's apples and oranges; relative to time periods and locations.

Your comments on the opponents is rather misleading, though. You have Bockwinkel covering 10 years (Verne to Hansen)? Flair's opponents listed covers 3.

Were we to line their schedules up from 81-84, I am certain that Flair would have a much more impressive listing of opponents than Bockwinkel would. That's not to slag Greg Gagne or Hulk Hogan or anyone else Bockwinkel might have faced - nor is it saying that Scott McGee or George South or any other midcarder that Flair may have faced were quasi-deities - nor is it saying that either men carried more scrubs than the other.

But come on... Steamboat, Rhodes, Race, Wahoo, the Funks, the Von Erichs, Brody, Baba, Colon, the Briscos - the list of 'A' talent would be endless on Flair's side. Of course it would, he was World Champ of a much bigger territorial blanket than Bockwinkel ever was.

Anyway - I always root for the underdog. Name me anyone under the age of 40 that thinks Bockwinkel is better than Flair. ;)

I"m curious how your cousin knows of Bockwinkel. :-) Seriously though, I love the spirit debated about two of the real legends of the business. None of this, Austin or Foley or even HHH garbage. It is nice to chat with people that remember what wrestling truly is. Not what the McMahon's want us to think it is. Kudos to everyone.

Jim