New Free Agent

Well that was a shocker. Holy damn. Let's hope he gets the message and at least tries to sort things out. I've been worrying for quite some time now that, at the rate he's going, he'd end up like Dynamite Kid, or even Eddie Guerrero. The guy seriously needs time off and I guess if this is the way it has to happen, then this is the way it has to happen.

It's a sad day. Once Angle was the best complete preformer in North America. He had all the tools to be one of the greatest super stars in WWE history. Right now every time I see him on screen I cringe. Like Flair I'm just waiting for him to collaspe at any moment. If he's dead in a year I wouldn't be shocked, saddened, but not surprised in the least. Eddie's death should have been a wake up call, instead Angle has just gotten worse.

[QUOTE=darthsiddus2;140583]yea thats true. but still this is indeed a sad day in professional wrestling. WHY in the HELL wouild you release a guy who gives you 110% every time you ask him to?[/QUOTE] Because you care about him as a person? For his own good? Some people work themselves into an early grave, in ALL industries. After Eddie's death, I'm pretty sure the 'E is watching everyone very closely to make sure lightning doesn't strike twice. I'm also pretty sure their lawyers are telling them the same thing. While a wrongful death case might sound frivolous, so did the "Big Tobacco" case. Stranger things have happened in the US legal system, after all (McDonald's coffee case, anyone?). I do hope Kurt actually uses his time off to mend fences as well as his body. I'm sure TNA will send out feelers to him but I hope he'd decline until such time as he's 100% (if that's possible).

Guest Acenate Prophet
Bummer It's a super bummer, but I'd rather read this than an announcement that Kurt has worked himself to death. Hopefully he'll slow down, get healthier and return in better shape. [QUOTE=Remianen;140587]Because you care about him as a person? For his own good? Some people work themselves into an early grave, in ALL industries. After Eddie's death, I'm pretty sure the 'E is watching everyone very closely to make sure lightning doesn't strike twice. I'm also pretty sure their lawyers are telling them the same thing. While a wrongful death case might sound frivolous, so did the "Big Tobacco" case. Stranger things have happened in the US legal system, after all (McDonald's coffee case, anyone?). I do hope Kurt actually uses his time off to mend fences as well as his body. I'm sure TNA will send out feelers to him but I hope he'd decline until such time as he's 100% (if that's possible).[/QUOTE] To be fair, that McDonald's coffee case wasn't really frivolous. That coffee was well above what even qualifies as an "extremely hot coffee." The woman who spilled it ended up with serious burns.

Guest cmdrsam
Yeah like its safe to eat a hot pocket after you mik it too. Anyways it is a shame about Angle. But hopefully like what has allready been said he learns to slow up and heal. Wonder how much it has to do with his divorce. What doesnt kill us only makes us stronger. I too think it would be interesting if TNA approached as I am a big TNA fan. However with that being said I dont want them rushing out to snag him in his current state of mind or health wise. Lets be respectful to those who have broken bones to give us a few fleeting moments of entertainement. Just a few rambling thoughts is all.

[QUOTE=Crychon;140617]It's for his own good, he needs the time off. And if he gets his life together, I'm sure he'll be back.[/QUOTE] Ditto, he needs to get his head together and actually heal up properly instead of just jumping straight back into the squared circle like he seems to whenever he picks up an injury.

[QUOTE=Acenate Prophet;140589]To be fair, that McDonald's coffee case wasn't really frivolous. That coffee was well above what even qualifies as an "extremely hot coffee." The woman who spilled it ended up with serious burns.[/QUOTE] Where were those burns located? Personally, if I was stupid enough to put a hot cup of coffee [B][I]close to my crotch while in a motor vehicle[/I][/B], moving or not, I'd deserve whatever resulted from that action. But I'm not going to argue the frivolity of a court case whose initial judgement was struck down and heavily reduced to the point where when it was all over, the plaintiff had just enough money to cover her legal fees and pay her medical bills. I will say that to this day, home coffeemakers still produce coffee at around the same temperature as that old lady's was. Check it next time you make a pot (only takes an oral thermometer to do so). My Braun brews coffee at around 185 degrees Fahrenheit. As cmdrsam pointed out, there are lots of things that aren't safe to consume immediately after their preparation. But on topic, I really hope Kurt takes this time to repair his relationship with his wife (ex-wife?) and children, since that's what should be most important.

Guest Acenate Prophet
[QUOTE=Remianen;140687]Where were those burns located? Personally, if I was stupid enough to put a hot cup of coffee [B][I]close to my crotch while in a motor vehicle[/I][/B], moving or not, I'd deserve whatever resulted from that action. But I'm not going to argue the frivolity of a court case whose initial judgement was struck down and heavily reduced to the point where when it was all over, the plaintiff had just enough money to cover her legal fees and pay her medical bills. I will say that to this day, home coffeemakers still produce coffee at around the same temperature as that old lady's was. Check it next time you make a pot (only takes an oral thermometer to do so). My Braun brews coffee at around 185 degrees Fahrenheit.[/QUOTE] Well, to go totally off-topic, the idea that holding coffee between one's legs is an obvious and unavoidable danger is a valid one, and is the reason the plaintiff was found to be about 20% responsible for the incident. However, while home brewers may make coffee as hot as the McDonald's coffee, they're also being served in significantly safer containers. McDonald's knew their liability and continued serving coffee as hot as they did - a McDonald's manager testified that the coffee could burn the mouth and throat and they had already received hundreds of complaints. Some of which turned into lawsuits, some of which McDonald's settled. I mean, really, the woman received third-degree burns and had to have skin grafted. Did she deserve to make millions from it? No, but she didn't, despite what the common perception of the case is. She received compensation for the unsafe business practices she was exposed to.

Wasn't the thing about that whole story that the coffee maker had faulted and brewed it so hot that it actually melted the styrofoam cup after she set it down to pay, and the store had known that the maker has done that before?

[QUOTE=bobinc;140823]Wasn't the thing about that whole story that the coffee maker had faulted and brewed it so hot that it actually melted the styrofoam cup after she set it down to pay, and the store had known that the maker has done that before?[/QUOTE] She didn't pay, her grandson did. He was driving the vehicle, she was in the passenger seat and the incident occurred at a drive-thru. From what I recall of the case, the styrofoam cups McDonald's used at that time were rated to disintegrate at around 200 degrees Fahrenheit. Their serving temperature of 185 made every cup that was even slightly defective, liable to fall apart. That wasn't the case for Stella Liebeck though. She put the cup between her knees and opened the top by pulling it TOWARD her body so when the cup shifted, guess which direction the coffee came spilling? Of course, now pretty much everyone sells coffee 'luke warm', at best, in comparison to what it was. And now companies have to make all their products "stupid proof" for fear of litigation. My point in all that was to basically illustrate how opinions vary, especially when it comes to litigation. Some folks might think it's frivolous (like me with the McDonald's coffee thing) while others may think it has merit. Wrongful death suits are often tried before juries so that distinction becomes important. If the 'E has even an inkling that a worker may be working in a manner to their ultimate detriment, that can be grounds for a suit. Even if they win, they stand a chance of losing as a result of their image being tarnished. For a public company, that can be bad. That's the reason I made mention of WWE Legal possibly whispering to Vince. That's also probably why (and this is only personal opinion, of course) they have The Great Khali only working with a very small subset of their workers.

[QUOTE=Remianen;140831]Of course, now pretty much everyone sells coffee 'luke warm', at best, in comparison to what it was. And now companies have to make all their products "stupid proof" for fear of litigation.[/QUOTE] Not to mention the oh so helpful "Caution, Hot Coffee" on most cups now a days.

Archived