question about overness

In the help file, it says that win-loss record does not matter in of itself but winning a match helps overness (not exact words). I would like Adam or anyone else at Grey Dog to clarify this point for me by answering this question. Question: If I lose a B rated match, does my overness increase, decrease, or stay the same? I believe losing a great match should make the overness go up and losing a terrible match make your overness go down. There are many example of a wrestler losing and getting over: Steve Austin loss to Bret Hart in a submission match (ok, he never gave up but he did lose) Triple H loss 95% of his match during the first 3 years in the WWF The Rock after he could not get over winning the Intercontinental belt, went on a loosing streak all the way to the top, where he loss to Austin, Bret, Michaels, Undertaker, etc. That was before Austin got injured, Rock was a heel, and he turned face to become the top face he WWE, and then started winning. Loosing in a B rated match to a wrestler more over then you, should make your overness go up... just like winning to an opener in a C rated match should make it go down. Does it?

Firstly, Triple H didn't lose "95% of his matches", I'm not sure where this urban myth started. He had a lengthy undefeated streak on TV from his debut in 95 onwards, had a four month reign with the IC title by the tail end of 1996, and was King Of The Ring and part of DX by 1997. There was about a 3-4 month period where he was in the dog house and being punished with losses regularly, but over the time period he won over 50% of his PPV singles matches, and was regularly winning on Raw to. He was your everyday midcarder, not the new Barry Horowitz. Secondly, in answer to your question, it depends on who you beat, what your position on the card was, how over you were, what style the promotion was, etc, etc. There's no "get this rating and you get X amount of points", that would be stupidly simple.

I'm a triple H hater? Since when? He has been one of my favorite wrestlers since I began watching wrestling in 1994. I honestly tought the feud was good, my opinion only. And about the Goldberg comment you made, I'm jewish. Seeing that there ain't that many jewish wrestlers around, I don't have much choices...

Archived