TEW Easy Tournament (Program)

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b97/hurricanendp/TEWETBanner.jpg

I just finished making a program for people that commonly do tournaments.

At the moment, you can only have 32, 8, or 4 person tournaments (yes, i know the 32 man button says 16 :rolleyes:) at the moment, but i'm going to add in the option of a 16 man tournament, and, if people ask for it enough, i'll add upwards in number aswell, so 64 would be the next jump, and, should it actually be required, 128 person tournament, although that would be my limit.

Please bare in mind, this is an unofficial, freeware program, so it's not endorsed by Adam, GDS, or anyone involved with TEW for that matter, and i am not making any money from it, so noone else should either.

----------------------

Program Info

Options for 32, 8, and 4 person tournament

Chooses the winners of each match (barring first 32, where it calculates the winner from the last 16 aswell) at random.

Winner also selected at random.

There is also a help file included.

I believe it works on all Operating Systems, however it was made in Microsoft Visual Basic 6, and therefore may not work on a Mac PC.

----------------------

Future Versions

This is purely the first version, if alot of people download it, and would like new additions to it, i'll create a second version, i already have an updated version created, with a few corrections done, and new features started, but i'll reveal them if there's another release

----------------------

Last Note

This game does not need TEW04 or 05 to be running to work, it does not use any TEW data files either, therefore, any workers selected as match winners will purely be random. The random generator is just numbers, so if you want it to be random through stats, the best way about it would be to use TEW and not have the winner selected, if you do want a random (possible underdog) winner, then use this :D

----------------------

DOWNLOAD LINKS

Because i don't know who can use what download host, i've put it onto 3 different ones, if you cannot download off any of them, and want the program, email or PM me, and i'll send the file over to you.

Megapload - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6NHYNK9U

RapidShare - http://rapidshare.de/files/30843582/TEWEasyTournament101.zip

SendSpace - http://www.sendspace.com/file/j3i7my

If you find any errors or bugs, either email me (found in my profile) PM me, or just reply in here with errors.

Any feedback is welcome :)

Round robin and league are the same thing aren't they? You face every other team in your bracket? Round Robin is just more of the sports term and league the wrestling term more so. As in got a bracket or 2 of like 6 wrestlers eachand they face every other wrestler in the bracket......so yeah like the leagues in WS2. Any single elimination rounds after that could be done using this one.

If you don't mind, HDP, I finished a simple brand generator program (in C++ mind you, so it's not a graphical interface). Basically, you run the file preferrably in its own folder. It asks you to enter the name of a worker, so you do that and press Enter. Except when you enter it, please don't put spaces. So instead of Triple H, put TripleH, instead of Shawn Michaels, put ShawnMichaels, instead of John Cena, put JohnCena. After that, if you're gonna put in another worker, type in y and press Enter, then keep repeating the process until you want to stop, in which case put n instead of y and press Enter to stop entering names. The program then asks you to put in whether you want 2 or 3 brands, so put in one of those numbers and press enter. It will then randomly assign a brand to each worker, and put these in text files, brand1.txt, brand2.txt, and brand3.txt. After you finish typing in the names, the amount of time it will take for the process to finish will be 2 seconds for each name you enter, so if you enter 2 names, it'll take 4 seconds, 10 will take 20 seconds, 75 will take 150 seconds, so on. Also, if you chose only two brands, brand3.txt will still be there, it'll just be empty.

Hope that isn't too confusing. If you have any questions, just ask.

Download: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=M93E37IH

If you don't mind, HDP, I finished a simple brand generator program (in C++ mind you, so it's not a graphical interface). Basically, you run the file preferrably in its own folder. It asks you to enter the name of a worker, so you do that and press Enter. Except when you enter it, please don't put spaces. So instead of Triple H, put TripleH, instead of Shawn Michaels, put ShawnMichaels, instead of John Cena, put JohnCena. After that, if you're gonna put in another worker, type in y and press Enter, then keep repeating the process until you want to stop, in which case put n instead of y and press Enter to stop entering names. The program then asks you to put in whether you want 2 or 3 brands, so put in one of those numbers and press enter. It will then randomly assign a brand to each worker, and put these in text files, brand1.txt, brand2.txt, and brand3.txt. After you finish typing in the names, the amount of time it will take for the process to finish will be 2 seconds for each name you enter, so if you enter 2 names, it'll take 4 seconds, 10 will take 20 seconds, 75 will take 150 seconds, so on. Also, if you chose only two brands, brand3.txt will still be there, it'll just be empty.

Hope that isn't too confusing. If you have any questions, just ask.

Download: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=M93E37IH

Sounds good, i get why you have it as a single name commond, allows unlimited workers to be assigned, made me find a big flaw in my Auto Brand thing.

Is it possible you can create one for a 24 man tourny? (the final would be a three man match; ie: IWA MS: Ted Petty Invitational)

Once i complete Auto Brand (or at least monday's first version) i'll look into releasing a 24>12>6 man easy tournament.

Sounds good, i get why you have it as a single name commond, allows unlimited workers to be assigned, made me find a big flaw in my Auto Brand thing.

Well, right now it's only up to 100 workers, but I can change that anytime I want, just though that would be a good maximum for now. It's just that the program recognizes a space as a newline command, so typing in a person's name with two words would cause the program to close (the program would recognize the answer to the next question as the next character after the space, which more likely than not won't be a "y".

I'm actually trying to solve that problem right now.

BTW, the reason I don't use VB is that it has too many limitations for me that a text-based interface doesn't. Since these kinds of things are data processing, not a game, I just think it works better.

I'm actually going to try handling the round robin thing now.

maybe we should look into doing a joint program together? i, honestly, have a limited knowledge of VB, well, programmign in genral, i get by with what i know and make little Helper programs for games (Championship and Football Manager and TEW)

I am more suited to doing graphics, so i enjoy doing the interfaces more than the actual game programming, but, i like the feeling i get when i finally complete the thing so others can actually use it! :D

Yeah, I'm kinda more into the coding aspect of it. But sometimes that's very frustrating, because some coding problems have solutions too complicated for me. One of the reasons I think Adam is fit for worship (that is, if I actually worshipped).

Doing a joint program would be cool, depends what it is, obviously.

Round Robin is just more of the sports term and league the wrestling term more so.

Are you sure? I've never heard the term 'round robin' associated with sports, and I've never seen the term 'league' as pertaining to wrestling (asides from Wrespi2 of course).

I only watch proper sports (ie. non-american ones) so what do I know eh? :p

I noticed this does not show the level right after 32 guys

i noticed it works like thias

32-8-4-2-1

I would like this alot more if it had been set up like this

32-16-8-4-2-1

that way it keeps track of all the matches

At the moment, you can only have 32, 8, or 4 person tournaments (yes, i know the 32 man button says 16 :rolleyes:) at the moment, but i'm going to add in the option of a 16 man tournament

the fact that i jumped from 32 to 8 was a massive accident, i didn't realise until i had started doing the hard coding, as it stands, i haven't made a single alteration to the 32>8 jump, that isn't because i won't, just because i'm doing the Auto Brand BETA (yeah, it won't be finished by tomorrow :() and i'm coding the 24 man tournament so it can end in a 3 way final.

But don't worry, i will do the 32>16>8 drops, purely because i know how vital the missing matches are if you're doing a 32 man tournament.

----------------------

in regarss to round robin, i have only heard it through Pro Evolution Soccer, so i assumed it was knockout tournament.

Leagues are more associated with Football, over here we have way too many leagues with League in the name :D

the fact that i jumped from 32 to 8 was a massive accident, i didn't realise until i had started doing the hard coding, as it stands, i haven't made a single alteration to the 32>8 jump, that isn't because i won't, just because i'm doing the Auto Brand BETA (yeah, it won't be finished by tomorrow :() and i'm coding the 24 man tournament so it can end in a 3 way final.

But don't worry, i will do the 32>16>8 drops, purely because i know how vital the missing matches are if you're doing a 32 man tournament.

D

Dont worry just pointing out cause for the first time i finally started my own fed and wanted to not have to remeber anything juast reflet bsack to the program.....but good work other wise