TEW Easy Tournament (Program)

Dang, I thought this might be what I was looking for! Unfortunately, that is not the case . . .

I don't suppose it would be possible to code it to exact specifications? When I run a tournament, for instance, I want to have control over every aspect. I don't want to randomly determine a winner. I have plans, and sometimes I just want to have the bracket in front of me. Seeding is also a big thing for me, official tournament seeding, like this:

That. What I'm looking for would allow me to enter the seeding order and then have the program arrange the brackets according to that exact specification. Then, I should be able to pick the winners in order. Lastly, it would be a neat bonus to be able to export it to HTML or something like that.

Dang, I thought this might be what I was looking for! Unfortunately, that is not the case . . .

I don't suppose it would be possible to code it to exact specifications? When I run a tournament, for instance, I want to have control over every aspect. I don't want to randomly determine a winner. I have plans, and sometimes I just want to have the bracket in front of me. Seeding is also a big thing for me, official tournament seeding, like this:

That. What I'm looking for would allow me to enter the seeding order and then have the program arrange the brackets according to that exact specification. Then, I should be able to pick the winners in order. Lastly, it would be a neat bonus to be able to export it to HTML or something like that.

seeding may be added, but not for a while, after i've done the 24 man version, i'm going to be adding in the 16 man jump, then after that, then i'll be making it so you can also select the winner of the match

I'm also adding the export feature in once i have more or less everything done :)

I can't seem to get it to work with anything but 32 man tournaments ... just fyi

i haven't a clue why, if someone else could check this for me (i have a newer version on my laptop, no longer have the 101.exe so i can't check it) it would be greatly appreciated.

Also, are you sure you're clicking the buttons/inputting workers into the boxes once they're enabled?

Are you sure? I've never heard the term 'round robin' associated with sports, and I've never seen the term 'league' as pertaining to wrestling (asides from Wrespi2 of course).

I only watch proper sports (ie. non-american ones) so what do I know eh? :p

G-1 League, G-1 Tag League, Most Puro events like that are refered to as leagues. And I've never watched a sport in any country with the format that you are in a bracket (or pools) and face everyone else in your brackett and not heard an announcer refer to it as "round robin play". Like the olympics refer to the opening rounds of the team sports like hockey, baseball, etc as round robin. World Cup refers to it as round robin as well.

From the world baseball classic website.

Q: What is the format of the World Baseball Classic?

A: The World Baseball Classic will feature 16 teams in a four-round tournament. The 16 teams will be divided into four pools of four teams for Round 1. Round 1 pool play will be held in a round-robin format as all teams within each pool will match up one time (total of six games per pool). The top two teams by record from each of the four Round 1 pools will advance to Round 2. These eight qualifying teams will be split into two pools for Round 2 and will again play one another in a round-robin format of games (total of six games per pool). The top two teams in each pool by record will then advance to the two single-elimination Semi-Final games. The winners of the Semi-Final games will advance to the tournament's single-elimination Final. In total, 39 games will be played.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Round-robin_tournament

I don't know if round robin is sport centric I'm sure it's been used in reffference to wrestling and im sure league has been used outside of wrestling. Actually I know for a fact it is I've seen local baseball events listed as league play as opposed to round robin play.

But yeah.......

A leauge is usually used to describe a season in a sport (especially soccer) where each team will play each other team twice, once at home and once away. The team with the most points (3 for wins, 1 for draws) during that league wins the League Cup.

Because most American sports use a format that doesn't give points like that, and the winner of the season is determined by playoffs, the term league isn't used. The closest thing is the MLS Supporter's Shield that the league now recognizes as the award for the team that would have won if playoffs weren't used.

Round-robin pretty much specifically refers to a tournament where each team play another only ONCE. That's why the World Cup uses this, because the teams in each group play each other only once (since the World Cup is held in only one country, there can't be home-away play, and same for the Olympics). But World Cup qualifying uses a league format in all conferences because each team plays each other team twice.

I hope that clears it up.

Too bad "G-1 Climax Tag Round Robin" and "Real World Tag Round Robin" isn't as catchie. I wonder why they went with League? Ignorance? Engrish? Bad translations on us non japanese fans side? Meh it doens't matter at all (though might be interesting to know) and is sooooo off topic it isn't funny............ok maybe it's slightly funny.

*stops sending thread off topic*

Ah again good work hurricanendp. This has been usefull for me many times already.

OK, there we go. I got it now!!! LOL. Here what I mean.

A league is the name for a tournament where a round-robin (usually double round-robin) is used. Round-robin or double round-robin is the tournament format.

But to me, there's still a difference. Whenever I've seen a Round Robin tournament, it shows results in this type of format:

http://www.dallassquash.org/resources/events/tournaments/2001/dsrafallfestival/graphics/60plus_rr.gif

Or, if points aren't used, an X where a person lost, a T or D where they tied, and an O where they won is used.

Whenever I've seen results of a league, it's been in soccer format like this for every team:

Team Name, Games Played, Games Won, Games Tied, Games Lost, Point Earned, etc....

It just tells me that they're not exactly the same.

• 9 years later...

Help

Could anyone possibly share hurricanedp's program? i used to have it and it was great help in making tournaments but a few re installs of my os and I don't have the program any more would massively appreciate it if anyone could share the program with me or a similar tournament bracket style aid?

• 5 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...