War Of The Grey Dog Forums - You Might Be In It!

Howdy, I'm back, most of you hate me, etc. Anyway, I keep looking through all these "Forumverse" etc. mods, expecting to get what I see in the name, but they're all just user-submitted ideas globbed together. When I see the name Forumverse, to me, It's a mod which features people from the forum itself, as themselves. So I'm going to do just that. I don't want you all submitting what you think your stats should be, or anything like that. Everyone will go in the same fed (the only fed that'll be in the database), and they'll all be the oly workers in it as well. But I can get into more details like that later... I'm going to start on this after I get back into the mix of things, both on the forums and the game itself (haven't played TEW for at least 4 months or so). I've wanted to do it for a while, but hey, things don't always work out how you plan them. Not a clue how long this will take (I work exceptionally slow :D), or exactly who's going into it (no randomguy512 who signed up yesterday is going in), I'll just take things as they come. Popularity etc. is all going to depend on your forum clout. I promise not to pump myself up to god-like levels... honest :) Now, nobody steal my idea before I'm done :mad: So yeah. Feedback and suggestions will be welcomed and (probably) not ignored, depending on it's stupidity-to-usefulness ratio. So.... um, yeah. That's it. :) Note: No, you can not trade sexual favours to upgrade your stats ;)

[QUOTE=Undertaker666;140792]The Forumverse is akin to the Cornellverse except each promotion is created by one person. The Total Extreme Wrestling Federation (TEWF) is a promotion in the Forumverse is made up of members from the forum. Isn't that what you were going to do?[/QUOTE] When I referenced the Forumverse I was referring more to it's name than the actual content. To me, as I mentioned, "Forumverse" means a Verse... of people on the forum. TEWF, from what I've seen, still doesn't quite have the people from the forums actually on it - They share the same names, but are actually different people. For example, your bio in it: "It wasn't until a chance reading of a book mentioning vampirism that he realised what he'd known his whole life, he was different to other people. As a result, he delved deeper into the occult and in search of others like himself. He uses his mic skills to spread the word of the "lonely ones" in hope that others will come forward and reveal themselves to the world." Now, I really doubt that's actually you ;) Not only that, I'm not taking submissions from other people of their own stats. I'm doing that.

Undertaker666, thanks for the support, but I need to say a few things myself. Nedew, from what I can see, you can't think up your own ideas. You have to come along and steal an idea from Panix, created by myself. Are you, or are you not just someone who's trying to steal some of Forumverse's and TEWF's popularity? (you just try and tell me that people don't really care after 482 total posts) Nedew, get your own ideas. If you don't want anyone to steal your idea, don't steal it from other people, ie, Forumverse. You're trying to tell us that there's only going to be one promotion in the database? That's not a mod, that's one little add-on. The great thing about TEWF is that everyone in it is a REPRESENTATION of themselves. Nothing to do about what they're like in real life or anything. To be honest, I don't really care what they're like in real life. It's not that important to Forumverse. Forumverse, to you means people on the forum. How is Forumverse not people on the forum? People from this forum submit every single little detail that goes into Forumverse, from promotions, to workers, to pictures, to logos. Every single little thing will have come out of this site. That's the great thing about it. Moan, whine and bitch about how we're doing it all you like, but it's not going to change a thing. Forumverse is the original, and nothing will change that. TEWF is the original, and nothing will change that. Nedew, think a little harder about a NEW idea which people aren't anticipating in the near future and then you might find that more people like you. I don't know why most people hate you, but you haven't done yourself too many favours with me. Richard

[QUOTE=Nedew;140797]When I referenced the Forumverse I was referring more to it's name than the actual content. To me, as I mentioned, "Forumverse" means a Verse... of people on the forum. TEWF, from what I've seen, still doesn't quite have the people from the forums actually on it - They share the same names, but are actually different people. For example, your bio in it: "It wasn't until a chance reading of a book mentioning vampirism that he realised what he'd known his whole life, he was different to other people. As a result, he delved deeper into the occult and in search of others like himself. He uses his mic skills to spread the word of the "lonely ones" in hope that others will come forward and reveal themselves to the world." Now, I really doubt that's actually you ;) Not only that, I'm not taking submissions from other people of their own stats. I'm doing that.[/QUOTE] Whilst i'm not as irate as Rlobb17 (stop denting that DVD case Richard! ;)) I have got three points to make: 1. If we all did use us actually as we are then it wouldn't be any fun. If someone called John Smith was a gardener and that was his gimmick what would his finisher be, the Hedge Trimmer?! (actually that sounds quite cool) But you get my point hopefully, same thing as if someone was say a postman. Plus some people aren't old enough (18 or over I think it is) to be included in the TEW game so they automatically couldn't be included unless they bump their age up. 2. No-one is giving Rlobb17 any stats to use, only a preferred push as a general indication. We're all leaving the stats up to him, I for example only asked to be better than an Opener and he chose to make me an Upper Midcarder. 3. Adam Ryland's Cornellverse by your wording should only include members of the Cornell family because that's the Verse's name. I'm not having a go at you by any means, just pointing some stuff out. :cool: Disclaimer: I'm not called John Smith and i'm neither a gardener or a postman. Not that there's anything wrong with those careers of course. :)

I never critised ForumVerse. I said that the word ForumVerse conjurs up in my mind the idea of people from the forum itself, not their own creations. You've obviously blown it out of proportion in your mind that I was calling your creation some sort of bad thing. It's a great idea, I'm just saying when I first saw it I thought "great, someone's doing that!" which, may I point out, is not your or my idea (despite the fact my idea was radically different to yours regardless). EWB, in existence for years before this or even .400 Studios, had various mods of EWR depicting the forum members themselves, not vampires or whatever characters the members came up with. Let me clarify: I THINK FORUMVERSE AND TEWF ARE BRILLIANT. THIS IDEA IS COMPLETELY DIFFERENT TO THOSE. I WISH I'D NEVER MENTIONED THEM IN THE FIRST PLACE. STOP FLYING OFF THE HANDLE SO QUICKLY. Bloody hell, for once I try and add to the community and get shouted at. At least before people had a go at me because I was being a wanker. Edit for more ranting: Ok then, this isn't a mod, it's a little add-on. Thanks for being pedantic. Considering there are hundreds of members of this forum, and I was probably going to add a hundred or so, it's hardly an effortless job. Especially when it's not just putting ito the game what other people have come up with. Yes, I wouldn't be old enough to be on the game. I'd just bump up my age, like I would for anyone else. I said in the first post particular details like that would be added later. Please let me explain the idea further in future, or ask if it seems I'm being specifically horrid and I will clarify whether or not that is the case. In fact, sod this whole idea. You've put me off. Learn to read and think things over before instantly condemning them.

No...I think that you're basically stealing the idea, having people from the forum in a promotion. Radically different? Only the fact that yours had 1 promotion, ours (Myself and Jonfun) has 40. Did I ever claim Forumverse was my idea? Read the first page of the Forumverse thread: Idea by: Jonfun Made by: RLobb17 and Jonfun Does that clear some things up for you? By the way, I only fly off the handle when I need to. Normally (when there's no DVD case about), I'm quite calm. Edit: What's pedantic about saying that 1 promotion is an add-on? You find me one person who calls that a mod. If you're serious and you honestly think it'll work, I'm not stopping you. From what I read, the idea sounded exactly the same as TEWF, with a few very minor changes. That doesn't mean I'm instantly condemning it, nor does it mean that I can't read.

rlobb, at least you've sort of calmed down now. Yes, TEWF has 40 promotions. Great. But, as you said yourself, they contained user-submitted REPRESENTATIONS of themselves. This would (well, would've) contain what I see various people's forum personas as, likely for comic effect. However, they wouldn't be vampires etc. As for the add-on/mod thing, surely an add-on... adds on to the game. A mod (modification) changes the game. Well, this would've changed the game as much as any mod, considering it wouldn't contain the CornellVerse, real-world data, TEWF or anything along those lines. Therefore, it would be a modification - just as anything else would be regardless of size of content.

[QUOTE=Undertaker666;140826]Group hug? :D[/QUOTE] Maybe not yet. Nedew, 1 fed IS an add on. No complete mod will have just 1 fed in it. If you add it on to FORC or Cornellverse, with permissiom from either TCP or Adam, it might work, but not as a whole mod. It might work, so don't get put off.

[QUOTE=rlobb17;140829]Maybe not yet. Nedew, 1 fed IS an add on. No complete mod will have just 1 fed in it. If you add it on to FORC or Cornellverse, with permissiom from either TCP or Adam, it might work, but not as a whole mod. It might work, so don't get put off.[/QUOTE] But with something like this you can't split it into more than one fed. How would that work? How would I define who goes where? Even a brand split wouldn't go with it. And adding it to CornellVerse or FORC would be plain ridiculous, especially considering the scale would be completely out of whack. On it's own, Ryland could be 100% overness worldwide, but if in those databases, he'd be snatched up by SWF, TCW, WWE etc. Not only that, it wouldn't even make sense...

[QUOTE=Nedew;140830]But with something like this you can't split it into more than one fed. How would that work? How would I define who goes where? Even a brand split wouldn't go with it. And adding it to CornellVerse or FORC would be plain ridiculous, especially considering the scale would be completely out of whack. On it's own, Ryland could be 100% overness worldwide, but if in those databases, he'd be snatched up by SWF, TCW, WWE etc. Not only that, it wouldn't even make sense...[/QUOTE] You could split the forum members into different feds quite easily, simply by having a fed per area where forum members are located. UK: Midlands, North, South, Scotland USA: Tri State, Mid South, South East etc.

[QUOTE=Undertaker666;140832]You could split the forum members into different feds quite easily, simply by having a fed per area where forum members are located. UK: Midlands, North, South, Scotland USA: Tri State, Mid South, South East etc.[/QUOTE] That'd end up with various feds having about 2 people in it... not only that, not everyone has readily avaliable ways of finding out where they are other than directly asking them... one by one. Not only that, some people are so paranoid they won't even say what region they're in at all... Edit: [QUOTE=rlobb17]You mean everyone?[/QUOTE] What?

[QUOTE=Nedew;140834]That'd end up with various feds having about 2 people in it... not only that, not everyone has readily avaliable ways of finding out where they are other than directly asking them... one by one. Not only that, some people are so paranoid they won't even say what region they're in at all...[/QUOTE] If that was the case then you'd just shift them into an adjacent area, much like a wrestler would do if there were no promotions in his own area. But if the people are going to be your interpretations anyway, you can put them in whichever area you think they are couldn't you?

You sounded like you were talking about putting virtually everyone in, saying that you couldn't just put 1 fed in. To be honest, you weren't making sense, but that's what I thought you meant. Earlier you were talking about 1 fed, and you said that would be ridiculous to be put into either FORC or Cornellverse, and then you sounded like you were talking about multiple feds. My advice, try only one fed, ideal roster, national, global or international, written contracts. No worries about anyone getting poached.

To be bare-bones basic here: Contains: number of notable forum personas related to TEW/Wrespi and it's sub-forums. Not TCB notables etc., so probably about 100 or so people in the first release. Fed-wise: 1 would be ideal for any player, so they can use any forum personality with any other, not being one fed having to try to poach another's worker just for the Rlobb17/Undertaker666 vs. Nedew Handicap feud :P Add-on wise: Adding it to another database wouldn't work as workers would be signed by other promotions, and even if set as a global promotion, people with lower overness would be therefore booted.

[QUOTE=Nedew;140839]To be bare-bones basic here: Contains: number of notable forum personas related to TEW/Wrespi and it's sub-forums. Not TCB notables etc., so probably about 100 or so people in the first release. Fed-wise: 1 would be ideal for any player, so they can use any forum personality with any other, not being one fed having to try to poach another's worker just for the Rlobb17/Undertaker666 vs. Nedew Handicap feud :P Add-on wise: Adding it to another database wouldn't work as workers would be signed by other promotions, and even if set as a global promotion, people with lower overness would be therefore booted.[/QUOTE] Just some suggestions: Having 100 workers in a promotion could be quite daunting to some people and you might end up with a lot of unhappy workers unless they're put in big battle royal dark matches at every event, that's why I suggested splitting them up into areas. Money could also be a problem with that many workers in one fed. As for them being signed elsewhere you could just give them all lifetime contracts so they wont be signed elsewhere. Up to you though of course.

A brand split and draft could be involved I guess... with the player making any changes they felt nescessary (can never spell that word :o ). I guess that'd ease the burden of unhappy workers, though would damage the playability a bit. As far as money is concerned, I'd probably just jack the promotion up with billions. The object really isn't to become big and powerful or anything anyway, moreso just to live out the bizzaro-world-like fantasy of having us all fight each other. And forum-wrestler diaries can be as fun as popularity promotions! (which makes me think... why don't we have one of those as well?)

[QUOTE=Nedew;140841]A brand split and draft could be involved I guess... with the player making any changes they felt nescessary (can never spell that word :o ). I guess that'd ease the burden of unhappy workers, though would damage the playability a bit. As far as money is concerned, I'd probably just jack the promotion up with billions. The object really isn't to become big and powerful or anything anyway, moreso just to live out the bizzaro-world-like fantasy of having us all fight each other. And forum-wrestler diaries can be as fun as popularity promotions! (which makes me think... why don't we have one of those as well?)[/QUOTE] hey taker rlobb17 right night trying to be mean but what is the meaning of a draft.

[QUOTE=jerlito;141209]hey taker rlobb17 right night trying to be mean but what is the meaning of a draft.[/QUOTE] Are you saying I was being mean? :confused: Didn't think I was mean in the slightest but anyway.... A draft is when you split up a bunch of wrestlers into two different brands. The draft that split WWE's superstars between RAW and Smackdown is probably the best example of one. Raw picked a superstar, Smackdown picked a superstar and so on.

[QUOTE=Undertaker666;141217]Are you saying I was being mean? :confused: Didn't think I was mean in the slightest but anyway.... A draft is when you split up a bunch of wrestlers into two different brands. The draft that split WWE's superstars between RAW and Smackdown is probably the best example of one. Raw picked a superstar, Smackdown picked a superstar and so on.[/QUOTE] no i wasn't saying that i was saying that does a draft with wwe good or not i mean i like wwe when every wrestler was on the same show that's all.

[QUOTE=jerlito;141230]no i wasn't saying that i was saying that does a draft with wwe good or not i mean i like wwe when every wrestler was on the same show that's all.[/QUOTE] Ah ok, my mistake. I suppose you could argue it either way whether having a draft is a good idea or not. If you do have split brands then you know which show your particular favourite wrestlers will be on, so if you want to just see Triple H for example then you know not to bother watching Smackdown.

Archived