Third Dynasty Attempt (Saves getting Corrupted :( )

Next Up: It's stat enhancement time for the Rams. [COLOR="Navy"][SIZE="4"][B]Middle Tennessee State [/B][/SIZE][/COLOR](3-5) @ [SIZE="4"][B][COLOR="DarkGreen"]Colorado State (4-3)[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE] We are only 15 point favorites, but this game will be pure blowout. They will be demolished, and Yost may get another 400 yard passing game. [B]1st Quarter[/B] Yost to Quiroz for a 12 yard TD pass to get the scoring rolling. Simmons got 37 yards on the ground in the opening drive. They respond with a 3 play 71 yard TD drive--a 29 yard TD pass ends it. Apparently nobody told Middle Tenn State that they were supposed to roll over and play dead. 7-7. 10-7 MTSU now, as their QB has 110 yards passing in the first quarter. He is rated 46, but our secondary is still getting killed. [B]2nd Quarter[/B] Their lead doesn't last long, as Simmons pounds in a 3 yard TD run a minute into the 2nd quarter. 14-10 Rams. We quickly add a field goal. 17-10 now. 17-10 Rams at the half, and they actually lead in total yards. They have not played dead like we hoped for. They have instead had a great offensive performance. We will need to step up the intensity to make sure to prevent the upset. [B]3rd Quarter[/B] The 3rd starts with fun, as our punter gets one out at their 1. We then bury their running back in their own end zone. This is the sort of intensity that I was telling the players we needed at halftime. 19-10 Rams now. 22-10 Rams with 6 minutes left after a field goal. Infrequenly used WR Wendall Woodward catches his first TD of the year on a 17 yard strike. 29-10 Rams. That was the sort of quarter I wanted to close out this game. [B]4th Quarter[/B] Damn Middle Tennessee State makes it interesting again with a 42 yard TD pass to start the 4th. 29-17 Rams now. Next play from scrimmage is an 81 yard strike from Yost to Quiroz for a TD. 36-17 Rams, and this game is safe now. 39-17 after a turnover led to a field goal. Touchdown and 2-pt conversion and it is 39-25 with 4 minutes left. Matthew Brown, doing a bit of mop-up work, runs a 17 yard QB scramble for a TD. Final Score: [B][COLOR="DarkGreen"]Colorado State 46[/COLOR][/B] [COLOR="Navy"][B]Middle Tennessee State 25[/B][/COLOR] Their QB actually outhrew ours in yards 358-336. Their offense got over 400 total, while ours just passed 500. Simmons had another solid game, 33 carries for 139 yards and a Touchdown. Yost had 336 yards 3 touchdowns and no interceptions, so certainly a good game for him. Quiroz was the star receiver with 4 catches for 113 yards and 2 touchdowns, including the sweet 81 yard bomb grab.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
When CSU was 2-3 earlier this year, I honestly feared for my job at the end of the year. Now, the Rams have won 3 in a row, and we have our swagger back. This 5-3 team is only one win from a bowl, and back up to 3-3 in conference now. Games against conference weaklings Wyoming and New Mexico make a 5 game win streak likely going into our Rocky Mountain Showdown with University of Colorado. But, I'm looking ahead. Let's deal with Wyoming first. Wyoming (5-4) @ Colorado State (5-3) Don't get confused by their record though. They have one good win: BYU, their other wins are New Mexico, UNLV, San Diego State, and Eastern Michigan. Beating the bottom Mountian West teams proves little. They also managed to lose 31-0 at their own stadium to Idaho. Yes, [U]Idaho[/U]. No, not Iowa, but instead Idaho. Can anyone see the result of today's game? If you guessed Rams roll, then I think you'll be right. [B]1st Quarter[/B] It took us half the quarter, but we score first. Hall makes a 52-yard kick for us. 3-0 Rams. 6-0 Rams with a minute left in the quarter. Yost is a bit off to start the game, and Simmon's hot start has ended. [B]2nd Quarter[/B] Sadly, they get a 48 yard punt return, and that leads to a Wyoming TD. 7-6 Cowboys now. We than take a 9-7 lead with 2 minutes left. Yost is off today. 9-7 Rams is the halftime score. [B]3rd Quarter[/B] We start our first drive at our 5--the third drive we've started inside the 5. How are we supposed to get TD's if we have to go 95 yards? Cervantes answers that question with one of his TE breakaway plays--this time a 56 yarder. We finally have good field position now. John Simmons finishes the drive with a 5 yard TD catch. 16-7 Rams. Their RB then drops it at their 16, and we get amazing field position. Yost to Cervantes for a 7 yard TD play, and we score 14 points in under two minutes. 22-7 Rams and this one is basically over. (We missed the 2 point play) Then Yost to Mcdonald for a 50 yard TD play. That makes 3 touchdowns in 5 minutes. 29-7 Rams and we've gone from defensive battle to blowout. We want John Juarez to get minutes, so Yost will sit the rest of this one out. Juarez is a mobile and accurate QB with a 51 rating as a freshman. We really want to avoid him transferring. A touchdown pass could help boost his morale, I'm guessing. He has only appeared in one game so far, he went 0/4 in that outing. [B]4th Quarter[/B] Juarez leads a 9 play drive ending in a short TD pass to Wendall Woodward. It is nice for the rookie to get playing time and a TD pass in his freshman year. A nice advantage to playing with the lead--so that newer players can get minutes. 36-7 Rams. Juarez to him favorite target so far: Wendall Woodward, who catches a 41 yard strike. 43-7 Rams. I can't believe we only had 9 points at halftime. I didn't mean to start a QB controversy. :) Juarez is on fire, now hitting Quiroz with a 54 yarder for a TD. 50-7 Rams. Juarez finally makes a bad decision getting picked with 3 minutes left. 50-14 as they get a garbage touchdown. Onside kick is recovered and they score another TD before the clock expires. Final Score: [B][COLOR="DarkGreen"]Colorado State 50[/COLOR][/B] [COLOR="Sienna"][B]Wyoming 21[/B][/COLOR] Yost had 301 yards, Juarez had over 150, and Matthew Brown had 50. So in all, we had 523 passing yards, and Simmons got 72 yards on 17 carries as well. Quiroz's 9 catches for 160 yards and a touchdown was certainly the best receiving effort for the Rams, but Woodward's two touchdowns were also impressive. The 1st half was nothing special, but the 2nd half was a beautiful performance where a powerful Ram team totally annihilated the undermatched Cowboys. I once again had a blast coaching this game. I now have a fun team to play with, and an explosive offense. Now--will Juarez be the starter with his 78% completion 3 TD in 17 minutes performance? No, but if Yost stumbles, Juarez will take over more quickly. NOTE: Matthew Brown, our most mobile QB, is our short-yard QB, so he regularly gets 2 or 3 completions and 15 or 20 rushing yards a game, and his stats would be unaffected by a swap for Juarez at QB. One thing to keep in mind: Yost also threw for 3 TD's last game as well. I am blessed to have all three of the previously mentioned QB's on my squad.

When CSU was 2-3 earlier this year, I honestly feared for my job at the end of the year. Now, the Rams have won 3 in a row, and we have our swagger back. This 5-3 team is only one win from a bowl, and back up to 3-3 in conference now. Games against conference weaklings Wyoming and New Mexico make a 5 game win streak likely going into our Rocky Mountain Showdown with University of Colorado. But, I'm looking ahead. Let's deal with Wyoming first. Wyoming (5-4) @ Colorado State (5-3) Don't get confused by their record though. They have one good win: BYU, their other wins are New Mexico, UNLV, San Diego State, and Eastern Michigan. Beating the bottom Mountian West teams proves little. They also managed to lose 31-0 at their own stadium to Idaho. Yes, [U]Idaho[/U]. No, not Iowa, but instead Idaho. Can anyone see the result of today's game? If you guessed Rams roll, then I think you'll be right. [B]1st Quarter[/B] It took us half the quarter, but we score first. Hall makes a 52-yard kick for us. 3-0 Rams. 6-0 Rams with a minute left in the quarter. Yost is a bit off to start the game, and Simmon's hot start has ended. [B]2nd Quarter[/B] Sadly, they get a 48 yard punt return, and that leads to a Wyoming TD. 7-6 Cowboys now. We than take a 9-7 lead with 2 minutes left. Yost is off today. 9-7 Rams is the halftime score. [B]3rd Quarter[/B] We start our first drive at our 5--the third drive we've started inside the 5. How are we supposed to get TD's if we have to go 95 yards? Cervantes answers that question with one of his TE breakaway plays--this time a 56 yarder. We finally have good field position now. John Simmons finishes the drive with a 5 yard TD catch. 16-7 Rams. Their RB then drops it at their 16, and we get amazing field position. Yost to Cervantes for a 7 yard TD play, and we score 14 points in under two minutes. 22-7 Rams and this one is basically over. (We missed the 2 point play) Then Yost to Mcdonald for a 50 yard TD play. That makes 3 touchdowns in 5 minutes. 29-7 Rams and we've gone from defensive battle to blowout. We want John Juarez to get minutes, so Yost will sit the rest of this one out. Juarez is a mobile and accurate QB with a 51 rating as a freshman. We really want to avoid him transferring. A touchdown pass could help boost his morale, I'm guessing. He has only appeared in one game so far, he went 0/4 in that outing. [B]4th Quarter[/B] Juarez leads a 9 play drive ending in a short TD pass to Wendall Woodward. It is nice for the rookie to get playing time and a TD pass in his freshman year. A nice advantage to playing with the lead--so that newer players can get minutes. 36-7 Rams. Juarez to him favorite target so far: Wendall Woodward, who catches a 41 yard strike. 43-7 Rams. I can't believe we only had 9 points at halftime. I didn't mean to start a QB controversy. :) Juarez is on fire, now hitting Quiroz with a 54 yarder for a TD. 50-7 Rams. Juarez finally makes a bad decision getting picked with 3 minutes left. 50-14 as they get a garbage touchdown. Onside kick is recovered and they score another TD before the clock expires. Final Score: [B][COLOR="DarkGreen"]Colorado State 50[/COLOR][/B] [COLOR="Sienna"][B]Wyoming 21[/B][/COLOR] Yost had 301 yards, Juarez had over 150, and Matthew Brown had 50. So in all, we had 523 passing yards, and Simmons got 72 yards on 17 carries as well. Quiroz's 9 catches for 160 yards and a touchdown was certainly the best receiving effort for the Rams, but Woodward's two touchdowns were also impressive. The 1st half was nothing special, but the 2nd half was a beautiful performance where a powerful Ram team totally annihilated the undermatched Cowboys. I once again had a blast coaching this game. I now have a fun team to play with, and an explosive offense. Now--will Juarez be the starter with his 78% completion 3 TD in 17 minutes performance? No, but if Yost stumbles, Juarez will take over more quickly. NOTE: Matthew Brown, our most mobile QB, is our short-yard QB, so he regularly gets 2 or 3 completions and 15 or 20 rushing yards a game, and his stats would be unaffected by a swap for Juarez at QB. One thing to keep in mind: Yost also threw for 3 TD's last game as well. I am blessed to have all three of the previously mentioned QB's on my squad.

[B][SIZE="4"][COLOR="DarkGreen"]Colorado State (6-3)[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B] @ [B][COLOR="Red"][SIZE="4"] New Mexico (3-6) [/SIZE] [/COLOR][/B] We are 12 point road favorites and will roll in this game. They have no chance. [B]1st Quarter[/B] We get the first points with a 5 minute drive leading to a field goal. 6-0 Rams after we add another kick. [B]2nd Quarter[/B] We had a 27 yard TD pass wiped out due to pass interference. After our punt, their quarterback fumbled it away and we get it at their 9. 9-0 Rams now, as we choke again in the red zone, and add a field goal. They finally get a drive going, but we then block their field goal from 32 yards out. We then add another field goal. 12-0 Rams now. Our red zone offense sucks! We are now launching a 2 minute drill, and we are at their 31 with 34 seconds left. We get a 28 yard field goal. 15-0 Rams. Our kicker is busy. [B]3rd Quarter[/B] They finally get on the board. 15-3 Rams. A 17 play drive for us gets us another field goal. 18-3 Rams now. 18-11 Rams now as their offense is finally goint. We are scared, since touchdowns are in short supply for us. [B]4th Quarter[/B] Then Yost gets picked at his own 18. Then they go nowhere and miss a 41 yard field goal. They get another TD drive, mostly on the ground. 18-18 with 7 minutes left. We turn it over on downs with 4 minutes left. We force a punt, but our punt returner drops it, and they get it at our 22 with 3 minutes left. Sack! and then pass interference on their offense. 3rd-29 from their 40 coming up. They get a 3 yard pass and punt with 1:33 left. We get it at our 3. Defensive holding! We get a first down after we dropped the 3rd down pass. We are now out to our 35 with 38 seconds left. Quiroz catches a 16 yarder on 3rd down. Then Cervantes grabs a 15 yard pass, and we are at their 34 with no timeouts and 21 seconds. 10 yard pass to Jack Hughes, and then a spike. We will try a 42 yard field goal... It's up... IT'S GOOD! 21-18 As the Rams win with 7 field goals and 0 touchdowns. How often can a team allow 2 touchdowns and score none themselves and still win? Yost threw for 360 yards 0 Touchdowns 1 Interception. A good game, but he needs touchdowns. Simmons had a nice 28 carry 112 yard effort as well. We played well, except in the red zone where we were terrible. Our kicker was amazing--7 out of 7 which saved the game for us. We will need a better effort against Colorado.

[B][SIZE="4"][COLOR="DarkGreen"]Colorado State (6-3)[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B] @ [B][COLOR="Red"][SIZE="4"] New Mexico (3-6) [/SIZE] [/COLOR][/B] We are 12 point road favorites and will roll in this game. They have no chance. [B]1st Quarter[/B] We get the first points with a 5 minute drive leading to a field goal. 6-0 Rams after we add another kick. [B]2nd Quarter[/B] We had a 27 yard TD pass wiped out due to pass interference. After our punt, their quarterback fumbled it away and we get it at their 9. 9-0 Rams now, as we choke again in the red zone, and add a field goal. They finally get a drive going, but we then block their field goal from 32 yards out. We then add another field goal. 12-0 Rams now. Our red zone offense sucks! We are now launching a 2 minute drill, and we are at their 31 with 34 seconds left. We get a 28 yard field goal. 15-0 Rams. Our kicker is busy. [B]3rd Quarter[/B] They finally get on the board. 15-3 Rams. A 17 play drive for us gets us another field goal. 18-3 Rams now. 18-11 Rams now as their offense is finally goint. We are scared, since touchdowns are in short supply for us. [B]4th Quarter[/B] Then Yost gets picked at his own 18. Then they go nowhere and miss a 41 yard field goal. They get another TD drive, mostly on the ground. 18-18 with 7 minutes left. We turn it over on downs with 4 minutes left. We force a punt, but our punt returner drops it, and they get it at our 22 with 3 minutes left. Sack! and then pass interference on their offense. 3rd-29 from their 40 coming up. They get a 3 yard pass and punt with 1:33 left. We get it at our 3. Defensive holding! We get a first down after we dropped the 3rd down pass. We are now out to our 35 with 38 seconds left. Quiroz catches a 16 yarder on 3rd down. Then Cervantes grabs a 15 yard pass, and we are at their 34 with no timeouts and 21 seconds. 10 yard pass to Jack Hughes, and then a spike. We will try a 42 yard field goal... It's up... IT'S GOOD! 21-18 As the Rams win with 7 field goals and 0 touchdowns. How often can a team allow 2 touchdowns and score none themselves and still win? Yost threw for 360 yards 0 Touchdowns 1 Interception. A good game, but he needs touchdowns. Simmons had a nice 28 carry 112 yard effort as well. We played well, except in the red zone where we were terrible. Our kicker was amazing--7 out of 7 which saved the game for us. We will need a better effort against Colorado.

[B][SIZE="4"][COLOR="DarkGreen"]Colorado State (7-3)[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B] @ [COLOR="Gold"][SIZE="4"][B]Colorado (5-5) [/B][/SIZE][/COLOR]They are 9 point favorites, and have a bit more talent, but we have a 5 game winning streak and great momentum. I think we pull the upset today. Their talent is much better on D though, with 4 green rated starters for them. We will struggle to get another 100 yard rushing game today. [B]1st Quarter[/B] Yost goes 5/6 for 15 yards before we punt in our first possession. After the short completions, on the next drive, Yost finds Mcdonald for a 74 yard TD strike. 7-0 Rams, and Yost is having an amazing year. We hold them to a 3 and out, then Yost finds Terry Waller for a 38 yard completion. After that, Simmons got the punchin 1 yard TD run. 14-0 Rams. [B]2nd Quarter[/B] Yost to Mcdonald to start the 2nd quarter for an 8 yard TD pass. Yost has over 200 yards and 2 touchdowns early. 20-0 Rams. Missed Xtra Point. They then get a 10 play, mostly ground based 69 yard TD drive. 20-7 Rams, and the Buffs fans finally show signs of life. We have 7 rushing yards on 8 carries at the moment, but Yost has 234 passing yards. The score is 20-10 at the half. They got a 58 yard pass, but our SS ran it down to save the TD. Then they settled for a field goal with 9 seconds left in the half. [B] 3rd Quarter[/B] They start the half with a good drive, but we punch the ball free from their wideout. We have recovered and will now go the offensive ourselves. We went nowhere, and their now solid offense gets to our 3 before we limit them to an FG. 20-13 now, and we are scared. Yost is hurt! Matthew Brown takes over. Yost got 300 yards and 2 touchdowns before he got hurt though. Brown leads a drive, but our kicker misses from 46. [B]4th Quarter[/B] Simmons has 12 carries for 1 yard so far. CU's run defense is incredible. We limit them to a 19 yard field goal with 9 minutes left. 20-16 Rams now. 23-20 Buffaloes now as they got a 45 yard TD pass. We have lost our lead and our offense. 4 minutes left. Brown is picked off, and this one is almost over. 26-20 Buffs is the final. We had almost 400 yards in the air, and 24 carries for -3 yards on the ground. What a comeback from the Buffs. A terrible loss for us against our most hated rival--but we beat them in real life two days ago. :) :) :)

[B][SIZE="4"][COLOR="DarkGreen"]Colorado State (7-3)[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B] @ [COLOR="Gold"][SIZE="4"][B]Colorado (5-5) [/B][/SIZE][/COLOR]They are 9 point favorites, and have a bit more talent, but we have a 5 game winning streak and great momentum. I think we pull the upset today. Their talent is much better on D though, with 4 green rated starters for them. We will struggle to get another 100 yard rushing game today. [B]1st Quarter[/B] Yost goes 5/6 for 15 yards before we punt in our first possession. After the short completions, on the next drive, Yost finds Mcdonald for a 74 yard TD strike. 7-0 Rams, and Yost is having an amazing year. We hold them to a 3 and out, then Yost finds Terry Waller for a 38 yard completion. After that, Simmons got the punchin 1 yard TD run. 14-0 Rams. [B]2nd Quarter[/B] Yost to Mcdonald to start the 2nd quarter for an 8 yard TD pass. Yost has over 200 yards and 2 touchdowns early. 20-0 Rams. Missed Xtra Point. They then get a 10 play, mostly ground based 69 yard TD drive. 20-7 Rams, and the Buffs fans finally show signs of life. We have 7 rushing yards on 8 carries at the moment, but Yost has 234 passing yards. The score is 20-10 at the half. They got a 58 yard pass, but our SS ran it down to save the TD. Then they settled for a field goal with 9 seconds left in the half. [B] 3rd Quarter[/B] They start the half with a good drive, but we punch the ball free from their wideout. We have recovered and will now go the offensive ourselves. We went nowhere, and their now solid offense gets to our 3 before we limit them to an FG. 20-13 now, and we are scared. Yost is hurt! Matthew Brown takes over. Yost got 300 yards and 2 touchdowns before he got hurt though. Brown leads a drive, but our kicker misses from 46. [B]4th Quarter[/B] Simmons has 12 carries for 1 yard so far. CU's run defense is incredible. We limit them to a 19 yard field goal with 9 minutes left. 20-16 Rams now. 23-20 Buffaloes now as they got a 45 yard TD pass. We have lost our lead and our offense. 4 minutes left. Brown is picked off, and this one is almost over. 26-20 Buffs is the final. We had almost 400 yards in the air, and 24 carries for -3 yards on the ground. What a comeback from the Buffs. A terrible loss for us against our most hated rival--but we beat them in real life two days ago. :) :) :)

Poinsettia Bowl [B][SIZE="4"][COLOR="DarkGreen"]Colorado State (7-4)[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B] Versus [B][COLOR="DarkRed"][SIZE="4"]NC State (6-5)[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B] The teams are roughly equal in talent--but they don't have a star player, like Simmons is for us. Their defense is slightly better than ours, but Yost/Simmons are a better combo than their backfield. We are 2 point dogs, but I think we win this one. We want to end the season on a good note after the horrible meltdown in the Rocky Mountain Showdown last week. [B]1st Quarter[/B] The Wolfpack take 6 runs and 6 passes to complete their first drive with a TD to start the game. Their balance was the most frightening part of their amazing drive to start the game. They get another passing TD on their next drive. 14-0, and our team is looking overwhelmed. Yost is 4/15 for 30 yards to start the game. [B]2nd Quarter[/B] When it got to 28-0, I fit the exit button. Final Score: NC State 55 Colorado State 13. Yost was pathetic, though Simmons got 140 yards rushing and a TD. It appears that our defense needs some upgrades before it takes on BCS-conference talent again. Well, we went 7-5 and finished in a 3-way tied for 2nd place in conference. That is not a bad year. Stats: (Highlights) [B]Yost [/B]is the team MVP with 3210 yards passing 60% completion, 20 Touchdowns and only 4 interceptions. He will be missed. [B]Simmons[/B] 292 carries 1104 yards 7 touchdowns--60 catches (led team) 568 yards 3 touchdowns. An excellent year for the sophomore. [B]Quiroz[/B] 53 catches 754 yards (14.2 avg.) 5 touchdowns [B]McDonald [/B]42-655 (15.6 avg.) 5 touchdowns Tight End [B]Charles Cervantes [/B]39-556 (14.3) 2 touchdowns DE William Lambert 10 Sacks, and DT Jeffrey Green 9 sacks led a great D-line. CB Gerald Hicks led the secondary with 15 passes defended and 5 interceptions. [CODE] Bowl Bound - 2008 Colorado State Rams Stats
Colorado State
Player Stats
Links: | Attributes | Depth Chart | Off/Def Ratings | Overview | Roster | Special Teams Ratings | Stats |
2008 Passing Stats
#POSNAMEGATTCMPCMP%YDSYDS/ATTTDINTLGGPBPSACKRATING
QB
Jim Yost
61.4%
QB
John Juarez
40.7%
QB
Matthew Brown
53.7%
P
Charles Johnson
0.0%

2008 Rushing Stats
#POSNAMEGRUSHYDSYPGYPCTDLGCRMHFUMFLOST
RB
John Simmons
QB
Matthew Brown
RB
Bryan Perkins
FB
William Robinson
QB
Jim Yost
WR
Kurt Quiroz
WR
Matthew Mcdonald
WR
Ray Turner
RB
Eric Dunlap
WR
Terry Waller

2008 Receiving Stats
#POSNAMEGATTRECYDSYPGYPCYACTDLGGCDPDP%IR
WR
Kurt Quiroz
WR
Matthew Mcdonald
RB
John Simmons
TE
Charles Cervantes
FB
William Robinson
WR
Wendell Woodward
RB
Bryan Perkins
WR
Terry Waller
TE
Jack Hughes
WR
Ray Turner
TE
Charles Martinez
WR
Edward Walters
RB
Eric Dunlap

2008 Offensive Line Stats
#POSNAMEGRBPNKSAHOLDFALSEMISSBL
OT
Jeremy Lind
OG
John Reed
OT
Dudley Oliver
OG
Robin Hurley
C
Milton Layton
TE
Charles Cervantes
OT
Jorge Graham
TE
Clinton Harrington
TE
Charles Martinez
RB
Eric Dunlap
TE
Jack Hughes
FB
William Robinson
RB
Bryan Perkins

2008 Kicking Stats
#POSNAMEGXPFG 1-29FG 30-39FG 40-49FG 50+FG%LONGPOINTS
K
Charlie Hall
31-33
9-10
10-10
7-11
1-2
81.8%%

2008 Punting Stats
#POSNAMEGPUNTSAVGNETTBIN20LONG
P
Charles Johnson
K
Charlie Hall

2008 Kick Return Stats
#POSNAMEGRETYDSAVGLONGTD
CB
William Thomas
RB
John Simmons
TE
Clinton Harrington

2008 Punt Return Stats
#POSNAMEGRETYDSAVGLONGTD
CB
Robert Moore
WR
Edward Walters

2008 Defensive Stats
#POSNAMEGTAKSOLOASTSACKSTFHURDPPDINTDEF TDMISSTAKOOPBPA
ILB
William Simmons
CB
Gerard Hicks
OLB
Ron Milligan
SS
Forrest Salinas
OLB
Alex Lugo
FS
William Hamilton
ILB
Mark Bush
CB
Freddie Brown
CB
William Thomas
DT
Jeffrey Green
DE
William Lambert
OLB
Paul Young
DE
Ray Robinson
DE
Thomas Billingsley
FS
Emmett Wade
DE
Nicholas Jones
DT
Daniel Brown
OLB
David Mcdermott
CB
Robert Moore
WR
Matthew Mcdonald
SS
Wm Ryan
DT
Kevin Robinson
WR
Ray Turner
ILB
Thomas Welch
WR
Wendell Woodward
DE
Jeffery Phillips
[/CODE]

Poinsettia Bowl [B][SIZE="4"][COLOR="DarkGreen"]Colorado State (7-4)[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B] Versus [B][COLOR="DarkRed"][SIZE="4"]NC State (6-5)[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B] The teams are roughly equal in talent--but they don't have a star player, like Simmons is for us. Their defense is slightly better than ours, but Yost/Simmons are a better combo than their backfield. We are 2 point dogs, but I think we win this one. We want to end the season on a good note after the horrible meltdown in the Rocky Mountain Showdown last week. [B]1st Quarter[/B] The Wolfpack take 6 runs and 6 passes to complete their first drive with a TD to start the game. Their balance was the most frightening part of their amazing drive to start the game. They get another passing TD on their next drive. 14-0, and our team is looking overwhelmed. Yost is 4/15 for 30 yards to start the game. [B]2nd Quarter[/B] When it got to 28-0, I fit the exit button. Final Score: NC State 55 Colorado State 13. Yost was pathetic, though Simmons got 140 yards rushing and a TD. It appears that our defense needs some upgrades before it takes on BCS-conference talent again. Well, we went 7-5 and finished in a 3-way tied for 2nd place in conference. That is not a bad year. Stats: (Highlights) [B]Yost [/B]is the team MVP with 3210 yards passing 60% completion, 20 Touchdowns and only 4 interceptions. He will be missed. [B]Simmons[/B] 292 carries 1104 yards 7 touchdowns--60 catches (led team) 568 yards 3 touchdowns. An excellent year for the sophomore. [B]Quiroz[/B] 53 catches 754 yards (14.2 avg.) 5 touchdowns [B]McDonald [/B]42-655 (15.6 avg.) 5 touchdowns Tight End [B]Charles Cervantes [/B]39-556 (14.3) 2 touchdowns DE William Lambert 10 Sacks, and DT Jeffrey Green 9 sacks led a great D-line. CB Gerald Hicks led the secondary with 15 passes defended and 5 interceptions. [CODE] Bowl Bound - 2008 Colorado State Rams Stats
Colorado State
Player Stats
Links: | Attributes | Depth Chart | Off/Def Ratings | Overview | Roster | Special Teams Ratings | Stats |
2008 Passing Stats
#POSNAMEGATTCMPCMP%YDSYDS/ATTTDINTLGGPBPSACKRATING
QB
Jim Yost
61.4%
QB
John Juarez
40.7%
QB
Matthew Brown
53.7%
P
Charles Johnson
0.0%

2008 Rushing Stats
#POSNAMEGRUSHYDSYPGYPCTDLGCRMHFUMFLOST
RB
John Simmons
QB
Matthew Brown
RB
Bryan Perkins
FB
William Robinson
QB
Jim Yost
WR
Kurt Quiroz
WR
Matthew Mcdonald
WR
Ray Turner
RB
Eric Dunlap
WR
Terry Waller

2008 Receiving Stats
#POSNAMEGATTRECYDSYPGYPCYACTDLGGCDPDP%IR
WR
Kurt Quiroz
WR
Matthew Mcdonald
RB
John Simmons
TE
Charles Cervantes
FB
William Robinson
WR
Wendell Woodward
RB
Bryan Perkins
WR
Terry Waller
TE
Jack Hughes
WR
Ray Turner
TE
Charles Martinez
WR
Edward Walters
RB
Eric Dunlap

2008 Offensive Line Stats
#POSNAMEGRBPNKSAHOLDFALSEMISSBL
OT
Jeremy Lind
OG
John Reed
OT
Dudley Oliver
OG
Robin Hurley
C
Milton Layton
TE
Charles Cervantes
OT
Jorge Graham
TE
Clinton Harrington
TE
Charles Martinez
RB
Eric Dunlap
TE
Jack Hughes
FB
William Robinson
RB
Bryan Perkins

2008 Kicking Stats
#POSNAMEGXPFG 1-29FG 30-39FG 40-49FG 50+FG%LONGPOINTS
K
Charlie Hall
31-33
9-10
10-10
7-11
1-2
81.8%%

2008 Punting Stats
#POSNAMEGPUNTSAVGNETTBIN20LONG
P
Charles Johnson
K
Charlie Hall

2008 Kick Return Stats
#POSNAMEGRETYDSAVGLONGTD
CB
William Thomas
RB
John Simmons
TE
Clinton Harrington

2008 Punt Return Stats
#POSNAMEGRETYDSAVGLONGTD
CB
Robert Moore
WR
Edward Walters

2008 Defensive Stats
#POSNAMEGTAKSOLOASTSACKSTFHURDPPDINTDEF TDMISSTAKOOPBPA
ILB
William Simmons
CB
Gerard Hicks
OLB
Ron Milligan
SS
Forrest Salinas
OLB
Alex Lugo
FS
William Hamilton
ILB
Mark Bush
CB
Freddie Brown
CB
William Thomas
DT
Jeffrey Green
DE
William Lambert
OLB
Paul Young
DE
Ray Robinson
DE
Thomas Billingsley
FS
Emmett Wade
DE
Nicholas Jones
DT
Daniel Brown
OLB
David Mcdermott
CB
Robert Moore
WR
Matthew Mcdonald
SS
Wm Ryan
DT
Kevin Robinson
WR
Ray Turner
ILB
Thomas Welch
WR
Wendell Woodward
DE
Jeffery Phillips
[/CODE]

C--Team Performance C--Talent D--Recruiting B--Board Expectations B--Prestige C+-Overall We are pleased with the year. Prestige went from 45 to 47. Last two games dissappointed, but the 5 game winning streak was fantastic. I fired our trash coaches at Offensive and Defensive coordinators and picked up a good O coach (green in QB/HB devlop, red in WR, yellow in OT) and a D coordinator is who yellow development in two positions and red in one. (the last one was red in everything escept game plan and motivation and LB scouting.) Transfers: I get the BEST CLASS I HAVE EVER GOTTEN!!! In dozens of offseasons, I have never seen this. We had a lot of holes, and this filled them amazingly! And we didn't lose anyone. The star is SS Larry Daniels (59/78) sophomore who is a great pass rushing safety with excellent hands. Will be a star. - OT Wayne Collins (59/75) Last year, Simmons didn't get enough holes to run through--players like Collins will improve our ground attack substantially. - ILB Alex Darby (59/76) A solid middle linebacker. - OG Nathan Potter (56/74) Much better at run blocking than pass blocking--which is fine since rushing average is a great weakness. He and Collins should be a solid anchoring pair for the line. - DT Stanley Alexander (56/77) A little raw now but lots of upside. - ILB Homer Adkins (54/73) Another good pickup at inside linebacker--will be behind Darby, but we may switch to a 3-4 to play both of them. - QB Daniel Lane (52/64) An excellent scrambler (82 running) who can't throw well at all. - DT Gregory Johnson (51/74) A real prospect. He and Alexander could be quite the duo at DT. Notice how many defensive players I got. Our D should be vastly improved next year. Two good linebackers, an excellent safety, and two capable D-lineman.

C--Team Performance C--Talent D--Recruiting B--Board Expectations B--Prestige C+-Overall We are pleased with the year. Prestige went from 45 to 47. Last two games dissappointed, but the 5 game winning streak was fantastic. I fired our trash coaches at Offensive and Defensive coordinators and picked up a good O coach (green in QB/HB devlop, red in WR, yellow in OT) and a D coordinator is who yellow development in two positions and red in one. (the last one was red in everything escept game plan and motivation and LB scouting.) Transfers: I get the BEST CLASS I HAVE EVER GOTTEN!!! In dozens of offseasons, I have never seen this. We had a lot of holes, and this filled them amazingly! And we didn't lose anyone. The star is SS Larry Daniels (59/78) sophomore who is a great pass rushing safety with excellent hands. Will be a star. - OT Wayne Collins (59/75) Last year, Simmons didn't get enough holes to run through--players like Collins will improve our ground attack substantially. - ILB Alex Darby (59/76) A solid middle linebacker. - OG Nathan Potter (56/74) Much better at run blocking than pass blocking--which is fine since rushing average is a great weakness. He and Collins should be a solid anchoring pair for the line. - DT Stanley Alexander (56/77) A little raw now but lots of upside. - ILB Homer Adkins (54/73) Another good pickup at inside linebacker--will be behind Darby, but we may switch to a 3-4 to play both of them. - QB Daniel Lane (52/64) An excellent scrambler (82 running) who can't throw well at all. - DT Gregory Johnson (51/74) A real prospect. He and Alexander could be quite the duo at DT. Notice how many defensive players I got. Our D should be vastly improved next year. Two good linebackers, an excellent safety, and two capable D-lineman.

John Simmons a redshirt junior this year--has gone pro. He only played 1 year for us, since he transferred here. We are screwed. Our best RB is now a 54--not a 72 like Simmons. [CODE] Colorado State commits
Colorado State commits
Players committed to Colorado State
Rank
Pos
Name
Stars
Ht
Wt
School
Rank(Reg)
Rank(Pos)
Type
CurrentPotential
DE
*Daniel Ferrell
6-6
Irvine Valley CC (CA)
Run stopper
WR(A)
Charles Davis
6-6
Mt. Vernon (SD)
Speed WR
WR(A)
*Antwan Thompson
6-4
North Dakota State College (CO)
Speed WR
RB
Raymond Edwards
5-11
Pagosa Springs (CO)
Outside runner
RB
Leonel Herbert
5-9
Roncalli Catholic (NE)
Outside runner
WR
Hugh Harris
5-10
Smith-Cotton (MO)
Speed WR
CB
John Bautista
5-11
Rangeview (CO)
Press corner
FS(A)
*Willian Shaffer
5-10
Surry CC (RI)
Blitzing safety
C
Dennis Hammer
6-2
Adrian (MO)
Power
FB
Robert Wynn
6-0
Calexico (CA)
Balanced
C
*Herbert Dubois
6-3
Trinity Valley CC (MO)
Balanced
[/CODE] An excellent class for us. All 4 JUCO players will start this year. The Center looks bad at 1700 overall, but he will start this year, since we have crap there now, and it will take a year for the freshman to be ready. We are happy with the wide receivers (we only had 3 on roster) and the FS and DE are great pickups for this year. They, combined with next year's transfer class, will make a ferocious defense. ----------- This team has major problems this year. Our QB's and RB's leave something to be desired. Our Wide receivers are young. Our OL is spotty. The D is pretty good, but little depth. This team is a definite downgrade from last year-- losing Simmons totally changed the plan for us. We can't be a smashmouth team now--in fact, we will be a spread team, trying to hit the young speedy wideouts for our yards. All 3 wideouts recruited are speed favoring ones, so we should get some deep passes if Juarez, the probable starter, makes good use of his arm. Nevermind what I just said. Frank Anderson, a mobile QB, developed well, so we will be using the Option. He have 3 green (64+ rated OL players) and the freshman halfbacks are pretty good. We will use option and hopefully Anderson can lead the way. Juarez was an accurate passer, but didn't have a strong arm anyway. We also have two good TE's who affected the decision, since I can count on good run blocking. On D, we will use a 5-2 since we have an excellent front line at DT and DE. My recruiting class was ranked #68, but I am happy with them and the roster in general. I think the option can work for us, and Antwan Thompson is an excellent #1 Wideout when we decide to pass. He has blazing speed and good hands. Cervantes won't start at TE cause we have an equally good TE who run blocks (73). In all, we have 4 OL who run block better than (70). Though none of our RB's are great, the holes should be large for them to go through. We have four running backs rated between 50-55, so expect them all to battle for playing time. The defense is also improved, especially on the DL. I think another 7 win season and a bowl win our possible. The board wants a top 3 finish in conf, and a win over Colorado.

John Simmons a redshirt junior this year--has gone pro. He only played 1 year for us, since he transferred here. We are screwed. Our best RB is now a 54--not a 72 like Simmons. [CODE] Colorado State commits
Colorado State commits
Players committed to Colorado State
Rank
Pos
Name
Stars
Ht
Wt
School
Rank(Reg)
Rank(Pos)
Type
CurrentPotential
DE
*Daniel Ferrell
6-6
Irvine Valley CC (CA)
Run stopper
WR(A)
Charles Davis
6-6
Mt. Vernon (SD)
Speed WR
WR(A)
*Antwan Thompson
6-4
North Dakota State College (CO)
Speed WR
RB
Raymond Edwards
5-11
Pagosa Springs (CO)
Outside runner
RB
Leonel Herbert
5-9
Roncalli Catholic (NE)
Outside runner
WR
Hugh Harris
5-10
Smith-Cotton (MO)
Speed WR
CB
John Bautista
5-11
Rangeview (CO)
Press corner
FS(A)
*Willian Shaffer
5-10
Surry CC (RI)
Blitzing safety
C
Dennis Hammer
6-2
Adrian (MO)
Power
FB
Robert Wynn
6-0
Calexico (CA)
Balanced
C
*Herbert Dubois
6-3
Trinity Valley CC (MO)
Balanced
[/CODE] An excellent class for us. All 4 JUCO players will start this year. The Center looks bad at 1700 overall, but he will start this year, since we have crap there now, and it will take a year for the freshman to be ready. We are happy with the wide receivers (we only had 3 on roster) and the FS and DE are great pickups for this year. They, combined with next year's transfer class, will make a ferocious defense. ----------- This team has major problems this year. Our QB's and RB's leave something to be desired. Our Wide receivers are young. Our OL is spotty. The D is pretty good, but little depth. This team is a definite downgrade from last year-- losing Simmons totally changed the plan for us. We can't be a smashmouth team now--in fact, we will be a spread team, trying to hit the young speedy wideouts for our yards. All 3 wideouts recruited are speed favoring ones, so we should get some deep passes if Juarez, the probable starter, makes good use of his arm. Nevermind what I just said. Frank Anderson, a mobile QB, developed well, so we will be using the Option. He have 3 green (64+ rated OL players) and the freshman halfbacks are pretty good. We will use option and hopefully Anderson can lead the way. Juarez was an accurate passer, but didn't have a strong arm anyway. We also have two good TE's who affected the decision, since I can count on good run blocking. On D, we will use a 5-2 since we have an excellent front line at DT and DE. My recruiting class was ranked #68, but I am happy with them and the roster in general. I think the option can work for us, and Antwan Thompson is an excellent #1 Wideout when we decide to pass. He has blazing speed and good hands. Cervantes won't start at TE cause we have an equally good TE who run blocks (73). In all, we have 4 OL who run block better than (70). Though none of our RB's are great, the holes should be large for them to go through. We have four running backs rated between 50-55, so expect them all to battle for playing time. The defense is also improved, especially on the DL. I think another 7 win season and a bowl win our possible. The board wants a top 3 finish in conf, and a win over Colorado.

Bet the house this week. Colorado State (0-0) @ Arkansas State (0-0) We are only 8 point favorites. They have no player better than 58 on their roster. We kill them this week. [B]1st Quarter[/B] All starters on our D are yellow, except for one green player. It is a beautiful sight. We have a D that is capable to stop any Mountain West offense this year, I believe. 2nd play of the game, and we recover a fumble from their running back. We get it at their 34! Freshman Raymond Edwards' first career run is a 34 yard Touchdown!!! What a great start for the new offense and back. They get a 35 yard punt return and are now in scoring range. We limit them to an FG. 7-3 Rams. They convert a 4th-3 and are in scoring range again. [B]2nd Quarter[/B] They have outgained us 114-46 in total yards so far. Our D needs to step up. Well, they do limit them to an FG here. Anderson then gets a pass picked off and returned for a TD. They blow the Xtra point, but we are losing 12-7. We get a 15 play 6 minute drive, but our kicker misses from 40. [B]3rd Quarter[/B] Our kicker starts this quarter by missing a 48 yard try wide right. We stay persistent with the run, and it pays off, as Jonas Beaver explodes and goes 38 yards for a TD. He is the third Running Back on the team, but they are all getting a chance to play. 14-12 Rams. Their kicker is better than ours, and drains a 39 yarder--his 5th of the game. 15-14 Indians. [B]4th Quarter[/B] We do nothing with 2 possessions, and they drain another FG with 5 minutes left. Juarez will be our 3rd QB of the game as we need a TD now. (The other 2 have been ineffective.) Juarez is intercepted on his first pass. Touchdown Arkansas State. 25-14 Indians. We drive down the field, and we get a field goal from 32 yards. (It was 2nd-1 on the kick, but we need points). Now it is 25-17 with 30 seconds left, and an onside kick--bomb pass could tie the game. Or not! They recover the onside, and we lose a shocker. Our QB trio was awful, and our RB's weren't great either. The QB's completed 60% of their passes, but for not many yards 0 Touchdowns and 2 interceptions. The running game was marginally better, but counting out the long TD runs, we had 42 carries for 59 yards. Our defense was pretty good, holding them to field goals, but if the offense does that little, the defense needs perfection. What a horrible loss!

Bet the house this week. Colorado State (0-0) @ Arkansas State (0-0) We are only 8 point favorites. They have no player better than 58 on their roster. We kill them this week. [B]1st Quarter[/B] All starters on our D are yellow, except for one green player. It is a beautiful sight. We have a D that is capable to stop any Mountain West offense this year, I believe. 2nd play of the game, and we recover a fumble from their running back. We get it at their 34! Freshman Raymond Edwards' first career run is a 34 yard Touchdown!!! What a great start for the new offense and back. They get a 35 yard punt return and are now in scoring range. We limit them to an FG. 7-3 Rams. They convert a 4th-3 and are in scoring range again. [B]2nd Quarter[/B] They have outgained us 114-46 in total yards so far. Our D needs to step up. Well, they do limit them to an FG here. Anderson then gets a pass picked off and returned for a TD. They blow the Xtra point, but we are losing 12-7. We get a 15 play 6 minute drive, but our kicker misses from 40. [B]3rd Quarter[/B] Our kicker starts this quarter by missing a 48 yard try wide right. We stay persistent with the run, and it pays off, as Jonas Beaver explodes and goes 38 yards for a TD. He is the third Running Back on the team, but they are all getting a chance to play. 14-12 Rams. Their kicker is better than ours, and drains a 39 yarder--his 5th of the game. 15-14 Indians. [B]4th Quarter[/B] We do nothing with 2 possessions, and they drain another FG with 5 minutes left. Juarez will be our 3rd QB of the game as we need a TD now. (The other 2 have been ineffective.) Juarez is intercepted on his first pass. Touchdown Arkansas State. 25-14 Indians. We drive down the field, and we get a field goal from 32 yards. (It was 2nd-1 on the kick, but we need points). Now it is 25-17 with 30 seconds left, and an onside kick--bomb pass could tie the game. Or not! They recover the onside, and we lose a shocker. Our QB trio was awful, and our RB's weren't great either. The QB's completed 60% of their passes, but for not many yards 0 Touchdowns and 2 interceptions. The running game was marginally better, but counting out the long TD runs, we had 42 carries for 59 yards. Our defense was pretty good, holding them to field goals, but if the offense does that little, the defense needs perfection. What a horrible loss!

Central Florida (0-0) @ Colorado State (0-1) They are even worse talent wise than Arkansas State, and so we are 13 point favorites. After last week's game, I have no idea what to expect from the team. QB Frank Anderson will be the starter. [B]1st Quarter[/B] 3 rushes for -3 yards on our first drive. Central Florida also has a good kicker, and he connects from 51 after a long punt return. Credit to the Rams defense for holding their drive to 1 yard. UCF then gets a TD after a long pass. 10-0 them. Frank Anderson has runs of 18 and 22 yards, and we finally have momentum. [B]2nd Quarter[/B] That 9 play 77 yard drive ends in a chip shot field goal. 10-3 them. They lose a fumble at their own 20, then we fumble it away right after that. A terrible blown opportunity. Now they pin us at our own 3. We are getting crappy field position all game. After a pair of punts, we get it at our six, and the drive has gone 6 plays-27 yards in 2:06, but we only have 2:14 left in the half. Our offense is now not a quick strike offense. Then Raymond Edwards explodes and gains 24 yards straight up the middle, and we are at their 43. Anderson takes off on a 23 yard scramble, and we are at 1st-G at the 10 with 57 seconds left. We get stopped at the 3, but are happy to pick up a field goal. 10-6 Central Florida at the half. Edwards has 101 yards on 18 carries at the half, and Anderson has 84 yards rushing though, so I am not panicing. [B]3rd Quarter[/B] 30 yard pass for them to start the 3rd, and they are threatening again. A penalty backs them up, but they get a 32 yard field goal try. No Good. Then the biggest pass play of the year occurs for us--a 58 yard screen play from Anderson to fullback Robert Young for a touchdown. 13-10 Rams. On 3rd and 25, Antwan Thompson uses his speed to get open for a 28 yard catch, and we are at their 43. Oh, it is great to have a speed receiver. [B]4th Quarter[/B] We've got another defensive struggle in progress. We actually have 345 total yards, but their punter is masterful. We almost never get it past our own 20 to start a drive, and running attacks aren't good at going the whole way down the field to score--they often run out of steam first. 47 yard completion for them and with 11 minutes left, they have 1st-Goal. TD run, and they lead 17-13. Another bomb pass for them--47 yards, and they are at our red zone. We hold them to an FG. 20-13 with 4 minutes left. We get a 10 yard run from Young, then a 29 yard pass to Thompson, and we are at their 29 with 2:18 left. 4th-8 at their 27. Frank Anderson is in the shotgun--he is forced to move to his right a defensive end gets a hand on him, but Anderson steps up gets away is taking off... and goes 12 yards for the first down. 1st-10 at their 15 with 1:05 left now! What a scramble, and Anderson is over 100 yards rushing on the game. 3rd-5 at the 10 with 46 seconds left. Gain of 6 on a screen to Young. 1st-G at the 4, 36 seconds left. Raymond Edwards takes off up the middle... TOUCHDOWN! We are tied with 22 seconds left with 20 points each. [B]Overtime[/B] A sack and penalty gets them in a 3rd-14, but they get a 15 yard completion. INTERCEPTED by CB Freddie Brown. All we need is a FG now. We get to their 2 yard line, and convert a 20 yard field goal. 23-20 RAMS is the final. We should have lost, down 7 with 4 minutes left, but Anderson has poise, and led an impressive drive. Our running game was good today, but we just didn't get enough points. Our defense also needs to stop the bombs that other teams are getting. Also, we had 6 drives start inside our own the 10, this is unacceptable. And speaking of unacceptable, why did their subpar QB throw for 338 yards? Frank Anderson 18/28 207 yards 1 TD 12 carries 104 yards. A great game for him--he has earned security in the starting job. Raymond Edwards was also impressive with 28 carries for 126 yards and the game-tying Touchdown.

Central Florida (0-0) @ Colorado State (0-1) They are even worse talent wise than Arkansas State, and so we are 13 point favorites. After last week's game, I have no idea what to expect from the team. QB Frank Anderson will be the starter. [B]1st Quarter[/B] 3 rushes for -3 yards on our first drive. Central Florida also has a good kicker, and he connects from 51 after a long punt return. Credit to the Rams defense for holding their drive to 1 yard. UCF then gets a TD after a long pass. 10-0 them. Frank Anderson has runs of 18 and 22 yards, and we finally have momentum. [B]2nd Quarter[/B] That 9 play 77 yard drive ends in a chip shot field goal. 10-3 them. They lose a fumble at their own 20, then we fumble it away right after that. A terrible blown opportunity. Now they pin us at our own 3. We are getting crappy field position all game. After a pair of punts, we get it at our six, and the drive has gone 6 plays-27 yards in 2:06, but we only have 2:14 left in the half. Our offense is now not a quick strike offense. Then Raymond Edwards explodes and gains 24 yards straight up the middle, and we are at their 43. Anderson takes off on a 23 yard scramble, and we are at 1st-G at the 10 with 57 seconds left. We get stopped at the 3, but are happy to pick up a field goal. 10-6 Central Florida at the half. Edwards has 101 yards on 18 carries at the half, and Anderson has 84 yards rushing though, so I am not panicing. [B]3rd Quarter[/B] 30 yard pass for them to start the 3rd, and they are threatening again. A penalty backs them up, but they get a 32 yard field goal try. No Good. Then the biggest pass play of the year occurs for us--a 58 yard screen play from Anderson to fullback Robert Young for a touchdown. 13-10 Rams. On 3rd and 25, Antwan Thompson uses his speed to get open for a 28 yard catch, and we are at their 43. Oh, it is great to have a speed receiver. [B]4th Quarter[/B] We've got another defensive struggle in progress. We actually have 345 total yards, but their punter is masterful. We almost never get it past our own 20 to start a drive, and running attacks aren't good at going the whole way down the field to score--they often run out of steam first. 47 yard completion for them and with 11 minutes left, they have 1st-Goal. TD run, and they lead 17-13. Another bomb pass for them--47 yards, and they are at our red zone. We hold them to an FG. 20-13 with 4 minutes left. We get a 10 yard run from Young, then a 29 yard pass to Thompson, and we are at their 29 with 2:18 left. 4th-8 at their 27. Frank Anderson is in the shotgun--he is forced to move to his right a defensive end gets a hand on him, but Anderson steps up gets away is taking off... and goes 12 yards for the first down. 1st-10 at their 15 with 1:05 left now! What a scramble, and Anderson is over 100 yards rushing on the game. 3rd-5 at the 10 with 46 seconds left. Gain of 6 on a screen to Young. 1st-G at the 4, 36 seconds left. Raymond Edwards takes off up the middle... TOUCHDOWN! We are tied with 22 seconds left with 20 points each. [B]Overtime[/B] A sack and penalty gets them in a 3rd-14, but they get a 15 yard completion. INTERCEPTED by CB Freddie Brown. All we need is a FG now. We get to their 2 yard line, and convert a 20 yard field goal. 23-20 RAMS is the final. We should have lost, down 7 with 4 minutes left, but Anderson has poise, and led an impressive drive. Our running game was good today, but we just didn't get enough points. Our defense also needs to stop the bombs that other teams are getting. Also, we had 6 drives start inside our own the 10, this is unacceptable. And speaking of unacceptable, why did their subpar QB throw for 338 yards? Frank Anderson 18/28 207 yards 1 TD 12 carries 104 yards. A great game for him--he has earned security in the starting job. Raymond Edwards was also impressive with 28 carries for 126 yards and the game-tying Touchdown.

BYU (2-0) @ Colorado State (1-1) They are 5 point favorites though talent is about even. With our good D (though secondary must step up) we can hold other teams to low totals and other bland but occasionally effective run can score enough points to win, I think. It will be a rough season, but we can grind out wins, and I think we can surprise BYU today. [B]1st Quarter[/B] The quarter has been bland so far, since they wiped out our INT with 22 yard return due to interference. That was the only exciting play With 11 minutes gone in the first quarter, we kick a 42 yarder for a 3-0 lead. 41-32 Rams in total yards after 1 quarter. [B]2nd Quarter[/B] 4 sacks already by the Rams defense. Gains of 22 by Edwards and 23 by Thompson running the ball have us at their 32. Finally a spark of offense in the game. We have to settle for a 48 yard field goal try though, and our kicker misses it short. They finally get a bit of a drive with 4 minutes left in the half, but we intercept a pass. We get a 2 minute drill drive going, 26 yards in 48 seconds, and an Anderson scramble gets us to their 28. Our kicker makes it from 36 yards out. 6-0 Rams in an ugly defensive battle. They have 65 total yards, we have 148. [B]3rd Quarter[/B] We intercept them again at the 8 minute mark, and return it to their 23. This is a golden opportunity in a game with so few points. 3rd-2 at the 5 coming up now for the Rams. Leonel Herbert goes nowhere so we settle for the 23 yard field goal. Anderson is only 10/22 for 75 yards, so I wasn't to excited in passing in that spot--but maybe I should have. 9-0 Rams. Gain of 38 for BYU on a carry, and they are in the red zone. We stop them though, and they make a 38 yard FG. 9-3 Rams now. [B]4th Quarter[/B] 217-152 Rams in total yards now. Their offense is gaining strength a bit. Oh no! A 49 yard completion and they are at our 13. We don't stop them this time. 10-9 Cougars. Anderson is then intercepted and returned for a TD. 17-9 Cougars. An unbelievable shift in luck and they are driving again. Wait. Touchdown. 24-9 Anderson is 14/32 130 yards 1 INT. He can't lead this sort of comeback. They make a 38 yard FG with 5 minutes left and this one is over. 27-9 Cougars. They make another FG to make the final 30-9 Cougars. We lose total yards 281-269, but the turnover and sudden lack of defensive composure was too much. Frank can't have passes returned for TD's in 10-9 ballgames. We really need more from the offense as well, though Edwards got a 95 yard running game--the rest of the team didn't perform, especially Anderson.

BYU (2-0) @ Colorado State (1-1) They are 5 point favorites though talent is about even. With our good D (though secondary must step up) we can hold other teams to low totals and other bland but occasionally effective run can score enough points to win, I think. It will be a rough season, but we can grind out wins, and I think we can surprise BYU today. [B]1st Quarter[/B] The quarter has been bland so far, since they wiped out our INT with 22 yard return due to interference. That was the only exciting play With 11 minutes gone in the first quarter, we kick a 42 yarder for a 3-0 lead. 41-32 Rams in total yards after 1 quarter. [B]2nd Quarter[/B] 4 sacks already by the Rams defense. Gains of 22 by Edwards and 23 by Thompson running the ball have us at their 32. Finally a spark of offense in the game. We have to settle for a 48 yard field goal try though, and our kicker misses it short. They finally get a bit of a drive with 4 minutes left in the half, but we intercept a pass. We get a 2 minute drill drive going, 26 yards in 48 seconds, and an Anderson scramble gets us to their 28. Our kicker makes it from 36 yards out. 6-0 Rams in an ugly defensive battle. They have 65 total yards, we have 148. [B]3rd Quarter[/B] We intercept them again at the 8 minute mark, and return it to their 23. This is a golden opportunity in a game with so few points. 3rd-2 at the 5 coming up now for the Rams. Leonel Herbert goes nowhere so we settle for the 23 yard field goal. Anderson is only 10/22 for 75 yards, so I wasn't to excited in passing in that spot--but maybe I should have. 9-0 Rams. Gain of 38 for BYU on a carry, and they are in the red zone. We stop them though, and they make a 38 yard FG. 9-3 Rams now. [B]4th Quarter[/B] 217-152 Rams in total yards now. Their offense is gaining strength a bit. Oh no! A 49 yard completion and they are at our 13. We don't stop them this time. 10-9 Cougars. Anderson is then intercepted and returned for a TD. 17-9 Cougars. An unbelievable shift in luck and they are driving again. Wait. Touchdown. 24-9 Anderson is 14/32 130 yards 1 INT. He can't lead this sort of comeback. They make a 38 yard FG with 5 minutes left and this one is over. 27-9 Cougars. They make another FG to make the final 30-9 Cougars. We lose total yards 281-269, but the turnover and sudden lack of defensive composure was too much. Frank can't have passes returned for TD's in 10-9 ballgames. We really need more from the offense as well, though Edwards got a 95 yard running game--the rest of the team didn't perform, especially Anderson.

Colorado State (1-2) @ TCU (1-1) Both of these teams have about equal talent. We are 1 point favorites, but we feel like underdogs, with how we have played in the last two games. TCU does not have overpowering talent, so we should be ok. I know we won't lose by 20 again like last week. [B]1st Quarter[/B] Robert Young does his screen magic; the fullback goes 74 yards for a TD. 7-0 Rams. If the D plays like the first 3 quarters yesterday, we have a gigantic lead. Oh wait, TCU is getting a massive passing game going, with 20+ yard plays 3 in a row. TD TCU on a 12 yard TD pass. 7-7 now. We go back down the field on a 13 play drive, and Edwards punches in the TD for us. 14-7 Rams. [B]2nd Quarter[/B] 81 yard punt return for TD for TCU and we are knotted at 14. 40 yard TD pass for TCU after that and they lead 21-14 with 3 minutes left in the half. We are not a shootout team, though we do have 205 total yards so far. This is not the style of game we want to play though. A 48 yard TD pass for TCU comes after that with 25 seconds left in the half, and they are demolishing our secondary, which I thought was pretty good. 28-14 TCU. [B]3rd Quarter[/B] We start the 3rd with a 45 yard FG. 28-17 now, and we are happy to have answered their points, even with just an FG. 29 yard TD strike for TCU and this one is almost over. 35-17. Frank is picked off at our own 12, and it's time to hit the fast forward button. We are a horrible 1-3 team. We have a bit of talent, but our offense sucks, and our defensive secondary isn't so hot either. I can't stand playing with a 1-3 crap team, so I will be simming the rest of the games. I can't suffer anymore.

Colorado State (1-2) @ TCU (1-1) Both of these teams have about equal talent. We are 1 point favorites, but we feel like underdogs, with how we have played in the last two games. TCU does not have overpowering talent, so we should be ok. I know we won't lose by 20 again like last week. [B]1st Quarter[/B] Robert Young does his screen magic; the fullback goes 74 yards for a TD. 7-0 Rams. If the D plays like the first 3 quarters yesterday, we have a gigantic lead. Oh wait, TCU is getting a massive passing game going, with 20+ yard plays 3 in a row. TD TCU on a 12 yard TD pass. 7-7 now. We go back down the field on a 13 play drive, and Edwards punches in the TD for us. 14-7 Rams. [B]2nd Quarter[/B] 81 yard punt return for TD for TCU and we are knotted at 14. 40 yard TD pass for TCU after that and they lead 21-14 with 3 minutes left in the half. We are not a shootout team, though we do have 205 total yards so far. This is not the style of game we want to play though. A 48 yard TD pass for TCU comes after that with 25 seconds left in the half, and they are demolishing our secondary, which I thought was pretty good. 28-14 TCU. [B]3rd Quarter[/B] We start the 3rd with a 45 yard FG. 28-17 now, and we are happy to have answered their points, even with just an FG. 29 yard TD strike for TCU and this one is almost over. 35-17. Frank is picked off at our own 12, and it's time to hit the fast forward button. We are a horrible 1-3 team. We have a bit of talent, but our offense sucks, and our defensive secondary isn't so hot either. I can't stand playing with a 1-3 crap team, so I will be simming the rest of the games. I can't suffer anymore.

Somehow, simming saved our season. We got to 7-5 (4-4). Edwards got 1200yards rushing and Anderson threw for 1500 yards 8 TD 3 INT. Simming turned the year around. Anderson ran for 227 yards and Juarez threw for 600. Thompson led the receivers with 55 catches for 862 yards and 3 TD's. He should have 1000 yards in his senior season. Next year will be better. We miss a bowl, but it was still a good salvage of a season gone bad. C+ Overall, but B in Board Exectations, C everywhere else. That will do, and the transfers play this year for us. Oh! And we beat Colorado 7-3! -------------- Transfers: TE Robert Barber (62/76) WR Chas Robinson (58/69)--a another speed threat at wideout. CB Douglas Temple (56/72) DE Matthew Merchant (56/71)--Another nice DE for our stacked line. QB Howard Davis (55/66)--A nice mobile QB. 5 transfers--not as good as last year's amazing transfer class, but still pretty good. ------------- Recruiting: I forgot to save the team commits screen, but basically, we picked up a ton of linebackers, Two good strong safties, A solid Center, and new punters. ------------ We will use a 5-2 defense and the option offense. Our new starting QB has 85 running ability, and we have a great run-blocking line, so we have to use option right? However, we have great receivers, so maybe we should use a more aggressive offense, but our QB's arms suck. Roster: [CODE] Bowl Bound - 2010 Colorado State Rams Roster
Colorado State
Off/Def Ratings
Quarterbacks
#POSNAMEHTWTYRASPAPTRUNHNDRRRBPBPRPOATAKCOVCURPOT
05QBFrank Anderson6-1199(Jr)464649725361010134765359
05QBHoward Davis6-3216(Fr)4454568321711377165566
07QBJames Guidry6-2187Fr25424654367181324133452
20QBJohn Juarez6-4207Jr515570652927361765662
02QBDaniel Lane (S)6-2211(So)5644638834383147125566
Running Backs
39RBJonas Beaver5-9176(So)78459534066954835362
36RBRaymond Edwards (S)5-11176So1075736439585557115666
28RBLeonel Herbert5-9200So4645658436021212655667
37RBBryan Perkins5-9196(Jr)82557644160736355662
43RBSteven Thompson5-9195Fr147444032392105243946
41FBMark Ross5-10195Fr98746353444254524155
40FBRobert Wynn6-0222So76458655160351845061
24FBRobert Young (S)6-1235Jr4836981627252812106067
Receivers
88WRCharles Davis6-6174So752113756643373755668
89WRHugh Harris5-10179(Fr)31410556063412666105265
81WRKurt Quiroz (S)5-10168Sr33355707851074536270
76WRChas Robinson5-11199(Fr)5276854641281071235869
86WRHarry Cabrera5-11198(Fr)814623555746361324862
84WRAntwan Thompson (S)6-4186Sr681365757584373636364
66WRTerry Waller5-9187Sr1011123955525355635258
82TERuben Gray6-6246Fr874405755585269655473
06TEClinton Harrington6-3222Sr922275642343961594453
89TERobert Barber6-5224(Fr)43144636063551055106276
85TEHarvey Morrison6-3223(Fr)13394752575552741105070
87TELuther Campbell (S)6-2264(Jr)2145446553667569866574
Offensive Lineman
78OTWilliam Adkins (S)6-8344Fr8568515686135165773
65OTWayne Collins (S)6-3306(So)48184897666371275972
70OTRichard Douglas6-7318(So)104412378635986335465
65OTWaylon Arthur6-7301Sr74473324734126854248
75OTHoward Crockett6-4319Jr35883710484724764752
73OTLanny Crowell6-3347Fr386545867576101095373
79OGStephen Heller6-4279Jr3111838114746410873949
62OGRobin Hurley (S)6-7320Sr3639572807984376977
63OGBernard Peck6-0286(Sr)41105453575786934959
71OGNathan Potter (S)6-7307(So)55111505757085436576
61OGMatthew Rahn6-6286(Fr)12636484636235965269
72OGMark Daniel6-0294Sr758233113936751084145
60OGJoshua Clark6-8299(Jr)7757319595387384859
77CJoshua Miller6-6278Fr2553448576545995472
59CHerbert Dubois6-3286Sr1103113255359558115155
57CDennis Hammer (S)6-2296So29254787165721065868
Defensive Lineman
99DENicholas Jones6-0286Sr1411715368616636176736263
94DEWilliam Lambert (S)6-8284(Sr)219655252949663326479
98DEMatthew Merchant6-7266(Fr)912635915310696369545672
91DEDaniel Ferrell (S)6-6271Sr793262795718676826670
74DEThomas Billingsley6-6302(So)91414840663706166535366
92DERay Robinson6-7282(Sr)128224412616676864475561
90DTGregory Johnson6-7293(So)141481045123466836085872
95DTJeffrey Green6-6292Sr168121744151171987295970
96DTStanley Alexander (S)6-5293(So)91292461151375906956679
97DTKevin Robinson (S)6-8307Jr1441217621211188708466770
98DTJoesph Ferguson6-5268Sr89111363104434837104049
Linebackers
48ILBDuncan Hines6-1245Fr85610521285516163565272
54ILBHomer Adkins6-2234(So)671411371512686363745567
44ILBWalter Clayton5-11229Fr858153821010454146513951
45ILBAlex Darby (S)6-2234(Jr)3106744715995974896176
50ILBDavid Edwards5-11224Fr4357301061394746383950
46OLBAlex Lugo (S)6-0242Sr1171274915127806762696271
51OLBRon Milligan (S)6-0251Sr468860325775568715872
56OLBRobert Green6-1225Fr84314981010646175625574
49OLBJohn Townsend6-2245(Fr)61014593107716661755371
55OLBRobert Watson6-0232Fr64111142592514866695472
Defensive Backs
23CBGerard Hicks (S)5-11192(Sr)31616659414712264886782
47CBRobert Moore5-9193(So)126151342114211844625262
26CBJohn Bautista5-11188So777843913617874645164
45CBDouglas Temple5-10194(Fr)55912481141291051775771
25CBFreddie Brown (S)5-9199(Sr)111143811753142765768
35CBMartin Trujillo5-11158Fr51164399131021045343742
29FSWillian Shaffer (S)5-10173Sr12121130176109952555565
21FSTimothy Keene6-0184Fr14210448241641750495080
27SSDavid Phillips5-11187Sr6617136161114741443943
33SSLarry Daniels (S)6-2175(So)671764136122178916675
34SSGlenn Ring5-9168Jr1738236916189642403950
42SSJesse Owen6-4188Fr1014118561231011157514869
32SSRichard Owens5-10181(Fr)341647138108551464671
31SSWalker Garcia6-0184Fr1413423592108944333847
Special teams
01KCharlie Hall (S)5-11210Jr813141096151116121076367
15KFrancis Swain5-9198Sr1439148944831463439
18PJohn Steele5-9172Jr4169394311104594450
16PAlec Young6-2213Fr5247431637310144654
08PCharles Gordon (S)6-2198Fr4542129512113265065
[/CODE]

Somehow, simming saved our season. We got to 7-5 (4-4). Edwards got 1200yards rushing and Anderson threw for 1500 yards 8 TD 3 INT. Simming turned the year around. Anderson ran for 227 yards and Juarez threw for 600. Thompson led the receivers with 55 catches for 862 yards and 3 TD's. He should have 1000 yards in his senior season. Next year will be better. We miss a bowl, but it was still a good salvage of a season gone bad. C+ Overall, but B in Board Exectations, C everywhere else. That will do, and the transfers play this year for us. Oh! And we beat Colorado 7-3! -------------- Transfers: TE Robert Barber (62/76) WR Chas Robinson (58/69)--a another speed threat at wideout. CB Douglas Temple (56/72) DE Matthew Merchant (56/71)--Another nice DE for our stacked line. QB Howard Davis (55/66)--A nice mobile QB. 5 transfers--not as good as last year's amazing transfer class, but still pretty good. ------------- Recruiting: I forgot to save the team commits screen, but basically, we picked up a ton of linebackers, Two good strong safties, A solid Center, and new punters. ------------ We will use a 5-2 defense and the option offense. Our new starting QB has 85 running ability, and we have a great run-blocking line, so we have to use option right? However, we have great receivers, so maybe we should use a more aggressive offense, but our QB's arms suck. Roster: [CODE] Bowl Bound - 2010 Colorado State Rams Roster
Colorado State
Off/Def Ratings
Quarterbacks
05QBFrank Anderson6-1199(Jr)464649725361010134765359
05QBHoward Davis6-3216(Fr)4454568321711377165566
07QBJames Guidry6-2187Fr25424654367181324133452
20QBJohn Juarez6-4207Jr515570652927361765662
02QBDaniel Lane (S)6-2211(So)5644638834383147125566
Running Backs
39RBJonas Beaver5-9176(So)78459534066954835362
36RBRaymond Edwards (S)5-11176So1075736439585557115666
28RBLeonel Herbert5-9200So4645658436021212655667
37RBBryan Perkins5-9196(Jr)82557644160736355662
43RBSteven Thompson5-9195Fr147444032392105243946
41FBMark Ross5-10195Fr98746353444254524155
40FBRobert Wynn6-0222So76458655160351845061
24FBRobert Young (S)6-1235Jr4836981627252812106067
Receivers
88WRCharles Davis6-6174So752113756643373755668
89WRHugh Harris5-10179(Fr)31410556063412666105265
81WRKurt Quiroz (S)5-10168Sr33355707851074536270
76WRChas Robinson5-11199(Fr)5276854641281071235869
86WRHarry Cabrera5-11198(Fr)814623555746361324862
84WRAntwan Thompson (S)6-4186Sr681365757584373636364
66WRTerry Waller5-9187Sr1011123955525355635258
82TERuben Gray6-6246Fr874405755585269655473
06TEClinton Harrington6-3222Sr922275642343961594453
89TERobert Barber6-5224(Fr)43144636063551055106276
85TEHarvey Morrison6-3223(Fr)13394752575552741105070
87TELuther Campbell (S)6-2264(Jr)2145446553667569866574
Offensive Lineman
78OTWilliam Adkins (S)6-8344Fr8568515686135165773
65OTWayne Collins (S)6-3306(So)48184897666371275972
70OTRichard Douglas6-7318(So)104412378635986335465
65OTWaylon Arthur6-7301Sr74473324734126854248
75OTHoward Crockett6-4319Jr35883710484724764752
73OTLanny Crowell6-3347Fr386545867576101095373
79OGStephen Heller6-4279Jr3111838114746410873949
62OGRobin Hurley (S)6-7320Sr3639572807984376977
63OGBernard Peck6-0286(Sr)41105453575786934959
71OGNathan Potter (S)6-7307(So)55111505757085436576
61OGMatthew Rahn6-6286(Fr)12636484636235965269
72OGMark Daniel6-0294Sr758233113936751084145
60OGJoshua Clark6-8299(Jr)7757319595387384859
77CJoshua Miller6-6278Fr2553448576545995472
59CHerbert Dubois6-3286Sr1103113255359558115155
57CDennis Hammer (S)6-2296So29254787165721065868
Defensive Lineman
99DENicholas Jones6-0286Sr1411715368616636176736263
94DEWilliam Lambert (S)6-8284(Sr)219655252949663326479
98DEMatthew Merchant6-7266(Fr)912635915310696369545672
91DEDaniel Ferrell (S)6-6271Sr793262795718676826670
74DEThomas Billingsley6-6302(So)91414840663706166535366
92DERay Robinson6-7282(Sr)128224412616676864475561
90DTGregory Johnson6-7293(So)141481045123466836085872
95DTJeffrey Green6-6292Sr168121744151171987295970
96DTStanley Alexander (S)6-5293(So)91292461151375906956679
97DTKevin Robinson (S)6-8307Jr1441217621211188708466770
98DTJoesph Ferguson6-5268Sr89111363104434837104049
Linebackers
48ILBDuncan Hines6-1245Fr85610521285516163565272
54ILBHomer Adkins6-2234(So)671411371512686363745567
44ILBWalter Clayton5-11229Fr858153821010454146513951
45ILBAlex Darby (S)6-2234(Jr)3106744715995974896176
50ILBDavid Edwards5-11224Fr4357301061394746383950
46OLBAlex Lugo (S)6-0242Sr1171274915127806762696271
51OLBRon Milligan (S)6-0251Sr468860325775568715872
56OLBRobert Green6-1225Fr84314981010646175625574
49OLBJohn Townsend6-2245(Fr)61014593107716661755371
55OLBRobert Watson6-0232Fr64111142592514866695472
Defensive Backs
23CBGerard Hicks (S)5-11192(Sr)31616659414712264886782
47CBRobert Moore5-9193(So)126151342114211844625262
26CBJohn Bautista5-11188So777843913617874645164
45CBDouglas Temple5-10194(Fr)55912481141291051775771
25CBFreddie Brown (S)5-9199(Sr)111143811753142765768
35CBMartin Trujillo5-11158Fr51164399131021045343742
29FSWillian Shaffer (S)5-10173Sr12121130176109952555565
21FSTimothy Keene6-0184Fr14210448241641750495080
27SSDavid Phillips5-11187Sr6617136161114741443943
33SSLarry Daniels (S)6-2175(So)671764136122178916675
34SSGlenn Ring5-9168Jr1738236916189642403950
42SSJesse Owen6-4188Fr1014118561231011157514869
32SSRichard Owens5-10181(Fr)341647138108551464671
31SSWalker Garcia6-0184Fr1413423592108944333847
Special teams
01KCharlie Hall (S)5-11210Jr813141096151116121076367
15KFrancis Swain5-9198Sr1439148944831463439
18PJohn Steele5-9172Jr4169394311104594450
16PAlec Young6-2213Fr5247431637310144654
08PCharles Gordon (S)6-2198Fr4542129512113265065
[/CODE]

[B][SIZE="4"][COLOR="DarkGreen"]Colorado State [/COLOR][/SIZE][/B](0-0) @ [B][SIZE="4"]Arkansas State[/SIZE][/B] (0-0) We are 16 point favorites, and we will get revenge for last year's disaster against the Indians. I don't know how well the offense will play, but our D should shut them down. [B]1st Quarter[/B] We get the first good drive, getting to 3rd-3 at their 4, but we go backwards on 3rd down, so we settle for an FG. 3-0 Rams. 69-11 Rams in total yards at the end of the 1st Quarter. [B]2nd Quarter[/B] Our defense has SIX green players on it, which is killing their offense. We then convert a 43 yard FG to make it 6-0. By the way, their QB is 0/7 1 INT so far this game. We make a nice drive at the end of the half, but run out of time and settle for a field goal. 9-0 Rams. 21 minutes of ball possession at the half for us. [B]3rd Quarter[/B] They finally get a drive to start the 3rd Quarter, but we make a goal line stand and hold them to a field goal. 9-3 Rams now. A grinding 12 play 5 minute drive ends in a long field goal for the Rams. 12-3 at the end of 3 quarters. [B]4th Quarter[/B] Arkansas State fumbles, and we get a 48 yard fumble return for TD. 19-3 Rams now. The defense puts this game out of reach. Another 5 minute drive and Field Goal follow for us. 22-3 Rams in an ugly but dominant game for us. 25 yard TD pass for the Indians now 22-10 Rams. 4 minutes left in the game. 22-10 is the final score. The Rams didn't score an offensive touchdown all game. We get one defensive TD and 5 field goals, is this a way to win games? Not a pretty one, but it works. Edwards ran 26 times for 131 yards, which was a great game. QB Daniel Lane ran for 30 yards and threw 10/18 120 yards but 1 INT. A decent game for the new QB.

[B][SIZE="4"][COLOR="DarkGreen"]Colorado State [/COLOR][/SIZE][/B](0-0) @ [B][SIZE="4"]Arkansas State[/SIZE][/B] (0-0) We are 16 point favorites, and we will get revenge for last year's disaster against the Indians. I don't know how well the offense will play, but our D should shut them down. [B]1st Quarter[/B] We get the first good drive, getting to 3rd-3 at their 4, but we go backwards on 3rd down, so we settle for an FG. 3-0 Rams. 69-11 Rams in total yards at the end of the 1st Quarter. [B]2nd Quarter[/B] Our defense has SIX green players on it, which is killing their offense. We then convert a 43 yard FG to make it 6-0. By the way, their QB is 0/7 1 INT so far this game. We make a nice drive at the end of the half, but run out of time and settle for a field goal. 9-0 Rams. 21 minutes of ball possession at the half for us. [B]3rd Quarter[/B] They finally get a drive to start the 3rd Quarter, but we make a goal line stand and hold them to a field goal. 9-3 Rams now. A grinding 12 play 5 minute drive ends in a long field goal for the Rams. 12-3 at the end of 3 quarters. [B]4th Quarter[/B] Arkansas State fumbles, and we get a 48 yard fumble return for TD. 19-3 Rams now. The defense puts this game out of reach. Another 5 minute drive and Field Goal follow for us. 22-3 Rams in an ugly but dominant game for us. 25 yard TD pass for the Indians now 22-10 Rams. 4 minutes left in the game. 22-10 is the final score. The Rams didn't score an offensive touchdown all game. We get one defensive TD and 5 field goals, is this a way to win games? Not a pretty one, but it works. Edwards ran 26 times for 131 yards, which was a great game. QB Daniel Lane ran for 30 yards and threw 10/18 120 yards but 1 INT. A decent game for the new QB.

Archived