Newbie (wrestling) question

I've been on GD for a while involved in other games, kind of a lull right now and was looking at adding a new game to my list. Just curious, in noticing two different wrestling releases, is there a quick rundown on the main difference between TEW and WS that are both offered here on Grey Dog? Thanks in advance for anything you can add to help me decide.

[QUOTE=Ragin Cajun;141127]I've been on GD for a while involved in other games, kind of a lull right now and was looking at adding a new game to my list. Just curious, in noticing two different wrestling releases, is there a quick rundown on the main difference between TEW and WS that are both offered here on Grey Dog? Thanks in advance for anything you can add to help me decide.[/QUOTE] TEW = Wrestling Simulator, you are the booker/owner, person behind-the-scenes trying to make your promotion stand out with good shows, PPVs, etc. (e.g. Vince McMahon... the guy running the company) WS = Wrestler Simulation, you are a wrestler, looking to make fame by winning matches, taking down names, etc. The website has features for each you can check out. Also look at the dynasty threads on the board to see such examples.

If you happen to remember (or like) kayfabe, Wrestling Spirit is a game (one of the few I know of, actually) that really harkens back to the days before sports entertainment. In this game, the 'sport' of professional wrestling is considered real; i.e., you control a wrestler and attempt to beat the crud out of the opponent - climbing a career ladder as you progress (in career modes), or working your way through an international league (in league modes). It is a lot of fun, in my opinion. TEW, as Alex mentioned, is more about the behind-the-scenes (smarkish) tribulations of a head booker/owner of a wrestling promotion. You book your shows, attempt to negotiate contracts with your roster, try to maintain (or obtain) television deals, run angles where divas get their eye shot out, etc. It is apples and oranges mixed with a heap of opinion, but I personally feel that WreSpi is the better game. TEW is more established and has a larger fanbase, but I find that Wrestling Spirit offers more concrete rewards in playing it. There are times when playing the Death of the Territories scenario when I really feel as if I am reliving the nostalgia of the era I grew up in.

personally i'd recomend downloading both demo's and try them both out, the demos are free and it will give you a good feel for the games. If you are going to purchase a game though, go for wrespi2 and then play that until the end of the year, when you pick up a shiny copy of TEW2007!

Archived