Jushin "Thunder" Lyger: The Innovator

Week 3, January 1984 (Monday-Sunday) All of my employers have seen fit not to book me this week, to allow me to heal the damage of all those stomps. I guess a bruised and battered wrestler doesn't reflect well on anyone. I'm disappointed not to be working, but also grateful for everyone's concern. [B]Davey Boy Smith [/B] actually stops by my house while he's in Japan to make sure I'm alright. Maybe I ought to start wearing a bodysuit, since I bruise so easily? Something to consider anyway...

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[QUOTE=Weden]The Birth Of Ligaaaaaaaaaaa![/QUOTE] Don't jump the gun just yet, XoX might just put that to make you think Jushin Lyger/Liger is about to appear but instead won't. Oh the hell with it: *In Da Club plays* Go Go Go Go Lyger your appearing there's gonna be a party now your appearing and you everyone's hyped. :D If i'm wrong i'll eat my sandwich.

Week 4, January 1984 (Monday-Sunday) [COLOR=Blue][U][B]Monday - MLW[/B][/U][/COLOR] I'm still sporting a few nasty bruises here and there but I'm glad to be back in Ontario for tonight's MLW show. I've got a singles match tonight and I have a good chat with [B]Tetsuo Sekigawa [/B] in the locker room before the show starts. [U][B]Match 52: Iron Mike Sharpe vs. "Flyin' Fuji" Yamada[/B][/U] I've had a couple of tag matches against Iron Mike this month, so I think I know what I can expect from him. What I like most about him is the loud groans he makes whenever I put him in any kind of hold. I control most of the match, keeping Sharpe off balance with my speed. At the finish of the match I hit him with a running palm thrust and a high cross body for a near fall. A second running palm and a lightning kick makes him mad and he comes back with backbreaker. I avoid his knee drop though, and the crowd gets to hear his trademark groan as I lock him into a Rolling Romero Special for the submission at 16:00. [B]Rating: [COLOR=Red]C[/COLOR][/B] I decide after the match to cancel my Wednesday night appearance with MLW with the hope of getting a higher profile match out west with CSW. In MLW, I'm really a small fish in a big pond. [U][B][COLOR=Blue]Wednesday - Friday - CSW[/COLOR][/B][/U] Unfortunately, my plan backfires, because [B]Bruce Hart [/B] has got nothing for me for three successive nights. I hang around anyway, watching the matches and talking to [B]Dynamite Kid[/B], [B]Johnny Smith[/B], and [B]Bret Hart[/B]. Then it's back to Japan for UWF. I just hope I get a match. [COLOR=Blue][U][B]Saturday - UWF[/B][/U][/COLOR] I do get a match, but it's not too spectacular. My opponent and I just don't really match up well. [U][B]Match 53: Super Leatherface vs. Keiichi Yamada[/B][/U] I'll spare you the gory details and just tell you that I won the match with a Suastica Stretch at 14:00. [B]Rating: [COLOR=Red]C[/COLOR][/B] I've got no match with MLW on Sunday, so I take my time getting back to Canada, stopping at my folks' house for a good home cooked meal.

Week 1, February 1984 (Monday-Thursday) [COLOR=Blue][U][B]Wednesday - MLW[/B][/U][/COLOR] I had no match with MLW on Monday, but I hung around with the guys anyway. [B]Gino Brito [/B] and [B]Tetsuo Sekigawa [/B] were talking about big changes in [B]Central States[/B], another promotion they both work for. Apparently the owner, [B]Bob Geigel[/B], has left the business and sold [B]CSTATE[/B] to [B]Boris Malenko[/B]. I've never met any of these people, so it doesn't make much of a difference to me, but it's interesting just the same. Now it's Wednesday and I'm teaming with [B]Tom Jones [/B] in a midcard spot. [U][B]Match 54: Private Jim Nelson & Sabu vs. Tom Jones & "Flyin' Fuji" Yamada[/B][/U]The match is not too bad and I'm really impressed with how much Sabu has improved in a few short weeks. I'm considering asking for a feud with him, because I think we could put on some pretty exciting contests. The finish of this one comes when I hook Sabu up for an Avalanche Brainbuster at 23:00. [B]Rating: [COLOR=Red]C+[/COLOR][/B] [COLOR=Blue][B][U]Thursday - CSW[/U][/B][/COLOR] CSW has nothing for me on Thursday, so I spend some time on the phone with UWF negotiating a contract extension. After a little bit of back and forth, [B]Shinma[/B] and I finally agree on $43 per appearance as a lower midcarder for three months...the catch is UWF isn't working for the next three months, so maybe I can get a better deal when this contract expires. I really need to keep the UWF gig if I ever hope to break into [B]New Japan[/B].

Week 1, February 1984 (Friday-Sunday) [COLOR=Blue][U][B]Friday - CSW[/B][/U][/COLOR] At the CSW show tonight in Drumheller, Bruce Hart tells me I'll be tagging with his brother Bret against the brutal team of The Mongolian Stomper and Leatherface. I hope I don't end up with too many more bruises after this one! [U][B]Match 55: The Mongolian Stomper & Leatherface vs. "Flyin' Fuji" Yamada & Bret Hart[/B][/U] Stomper and I start off and he's as brutal as usual. I manage to take him off his feet a few times and works his legs to the point that he tags in Leatherface. Not wanting to take too much more punishment, I tag in Bret, who proceeds to take Leatherface apart with his fine technical skills forcing the big man to tag in Stomper. Bret takes quite a few stomps in the next couple of minutes, but also manages to do significant damage to Stomper's legs. Bret tags me back in and Stomper and I spill out over the ropes to the ringside floor. He really works me over until I fight my way out of a bear hug and take over. A surfboard followed by a handspring moonsault and an apron dive somersault smash have Stomper in serious trouble as I put him on the announce table with a running palm thrust. The crowd gets really excited as I scale the turnbuckle and sail off with my trademark Somersault Body Attack Suicida! Unfortunately, Stomper rolls off the table just in time and I crash through it to the gasps of the crowd. Stomper rolls me back in and goes for the kill, but summoning all my remaining strength, I slip out and make the hot tag to Bret. A quick dropkick and Bret locks on a Sharpshooter! But Stomper isn't ready to quit just yet. He tries to fight back, but Bret hits a DDT, busting Stomper open. Bret drags him up from the floor and hits a beautiful twisting neckbreaker leaving Stomper on the floor and open for a second Sharpshooter. This time Stomper has no choice but to submit at 26:00. [B]Rating: [COLOR=Red]C+[/COLOR][/B] The last two days of the week, I have nothing scheduled but I have a meeting scheduled with [B]Stu Hart [/B] to discuss a contract extension. He tells me he doesn't really like all the broken tables I seem to leave behind, but the fans love it. He tells me he thinks it's time for me to move up the card and passes me a contract across the table. Smiling, I quickly pick up the pen and sign on the dotted line. I'm now a [B]Main Eventer [/B] for [B]Calgary Stampede Wrestling [/B] at [B]$271 [/B] per appearance for the next six months. And I'll do my damnedest to live up to the expectation!

• 2 weeks later...
Week 2, February 1983 (Monday-Sunday) [COLOR=Blue][U][B]Monday - MLW[/B][/U][/COLOR] I'm back east for the MLW show, pretty pleased with how the negotiations with [B]Stu Hart [/B] went in Calgary. I've decided to stick around MLW for a while, until my current contract runs out, since UWF has nothing going for the next couple of months. Tonight, I'm in the second match of the show. [U][B]Match 56: Tetsuo Sekigawa & Toru Tanaka vs. "Flyin' Fuji" Yamada & Dale Lewis[/B][/U] My two countrymen are a tough team, but my speed and Lewis's brawling are enough to counter their attack. The finish is quite brutal, as Tanaka simply refuses to stay down after Lewis hits a Running Powerslam. Leaping Piledriver, Tanaka kicks out. Brass Knuckles Punch, Tanaka gets a foot on the ropes! A second Leaping Piledriver and Tanaka is streaming blood, yet he still manages to kick out! Lewis nails him with yet another Running Powerslam, but Tanaka will not stay on his back!!! Frustrated, Lewis tags me in and I climb to the top for a Flying Body Press. Tanaka somehow sees through all the blood and catches me as I come off, slamming me down with a Samoan Drop. He tries to capitalize but as he comes at me I catch him in a Crucifix Cradle for the three at 27:00. [B]Rating: [COLOR=Red]C+[/COLOR][/B] I can't help but admire Tanaka as he walks off to the back to get stitched up. Any guy who can take that much punishment deserves respect! [COLOR=Blue][U][B]Wednesday - MLW[/B][/U][/COLOR] Tonight in Sarnia, I'm in the midcard with a very familiar face. [U][B]Match 57: "Flyin' Fuji" Yamada vs. Brian Adias[/B][/U] Nothing special to mention in this one. A run of the mill Yamada/Adias match that ends with me getting the submission with a Rolling Romero Special at 10:00. [B]Rating: [COLOR=Red]C[/COLOR][/B] [COLOR=Blue][U][B]Thursday - CSW[/B][/U][/COLOR] Back in Alberta, it's Main Event time! Tonight, I've got a rematch with [B]Kung Fu[/B] for the [B]British Commonwealth Mid-Heavyweight[/B] championship! Time to see if Stu's faith in me is warranted. [U][B]Match 58: [COLOR=Red]Kung Fu [/COLOR] (Champion) vs. [COLOR=Red]"Flyin' Fuji" Yamada [/COLOR] (Challenger) for the [COLOR=Green]British Commonwealth Mid-Heavyweight Title[/COLOR][/B][/U] Kung Fu starts off strong, working me over with kick combinations. I do my best to keep him off his feet where his legs can't do too much damage. It's back and forth for the first three quarters of the match and things don't really get interesting until the action spills outside. I fly over the top rope and nail Kung Fu with a handspring body attack suicida and we brawl on the outside for a few minutes. A running palm thrust puts Kung Fu down and I go up to the top turnbuckle for my trademark high risk. It pays off with a Somersault Body Attack Suicida that leaves us both gasping for air. I get up first and drag Kung Fu into the ring where I apply a Suastica Stretch. He won't quit though and manages to come back a few seconds later with a submission of his own. The Tirabuzon is painful as hell, but I'm not about to give up in a match of this magnitude. I make my comeback and catch Kung Fu in a Crucifix Cradle, but he ready and he falls on top for a near fall. Deciding he's had enough, Kung Fu tries to hit me with a low blow, but I swing up and over, locking on a Crucifix Cradle for the win at 22:00. [B]Rating: [B][COLOR=Red]C[/COLOR][/B][/B] It wasn't a five star match, but I can't stop grinning as the referee hands me my first singles gold! I guess I am Main Event material after all. :D The end of the week is a little bit of a letdown as I have no matches, but my new title belt keeps me company.

Week 3, February 1983 (Monday-Sunday) [COLOR=Blue][U][B]Monday - MLW[/B][/U][/COLOR] Back in Toronto, I chat with [B]Rick Martel [/B] and he congratulates me on my new title. I thank him and find [B]Yoshiaki Yatsu [/B] to discuss some strategy for our tag match tonight. One of the advantages of tagging with another Japanese is that we can sit right next to our opponents and they'll have no idea what we're saying. [U][B]Match 59: Tiger Chung Lee & Eric Embry vs. "Flyin' Fuji" Yamada & Yoshiaki Yatsu[/B][/U] My team is in control for most of the match and, nearing the finish, Yatsu gets Lee into serious trouble with amateur techniques and some fine judo moves. He tags me in and I immediately apply a new submission I've been working on, the Indian Deathlock. Lee won't give up, but I feel like the damage is done as I climb the turnbuckles for a Frog Splash. Lee won't stay down, so it takes a quick Crucifix Cradle to get the three at 26:00. [B]Rating: [COLOR=Red]C[/COLOR][/B] I decide to head west again, making myself unavailable for the next MLW show. It may keep me down the card, but I can't really see much of a future in MLW anyway, especially at my size. [COLOR=Blue][U][B]Wednesday - CSW[/B][/U][/COLOR] Unfortunately, [B]Bruce Hart [/B] has nothing for me in Calgary. The roster is a little overcrowded in my opinion, but who am I to say anything? I stick around to watch the show and see [B]Gama Singh [/B] take the [B]CSW North American Heavyweight [/B] title from [B]Bad News Allen[/B]. After the show, Bruce tells me I won't have a match tomorrow either, but on Friday I'll defend my singles title for the first time. That news makes me glad for the day off. [COLOR=Blue][U][B]Friday - CSW[/B][/U][/COLOR] My opponent tonight is a guy who beat me a few months back, [B]Norvell Austin[/B]. He's tough, but I think I have improved a great deal since we first met, so I'm confident. [U][B]Match 60: [COLOR=Red]Norvell Austin [/COLOR] (Challenger) vs. [COLOR=Red]"Flyin' Fuji" Yamada [/COLOR] (Champion) for the [COLOR=Green]British Commonwealth Mid-Heavyweight Title[/COLOR][/B][/U] As I make my way down the aisle to the ring, I'm enjoying the adulation of the crowd too much to notice a little surprise coming from behind. Kung Fu's first kick is a heavy blow to the side of my head that sends me down to the floor. He tears the belt from around my waist and nails me in the back of the head with it before picking me up for a bodyslam through a nearby table. He throws the belt down over my battered body and stalks off, and Austin, like a shark smelling blood in the water, comes out of the ring to take advantage. The referee doesn't seem to know whether to start the match or not, so Austin and I go at it ringside for quite a while. Austin isn't above using a chair to his advantage and the referee doesn't seem to mind, so I do the same. Somehow, I manage to mount a comeback and an Apron Dive Somersault Smash has Austin in trouble as I drag myself up to the top turnbuckle for a Somersault Body Attack Suicida. Bad idea. Austin moves and I land hard on the thin mats at ringside. He drags me back inside and tries to finish it, but I counter with a desperation palm thrust and lock in the Indian Deathlock! Austin isn't about to go out that easy, so I release him and try a small package. He powers out of it and I can see the rage in his eyes as he nails me with a Coco Butt, leaving me reeling. Apparently the referee is blind, or he thinks the match is just too out of control to bother, because he doesn't even give Austin a weak warning as he digs a set of Brass Knuckles out of his boot and clobbers me with a hard right hand. I can't even lift a finger as he makes the cover and takes my title at 15:00. [B]Rating: [COLOR=Red]C+[/COLOR][/B] The boos of the crowd are cold comfort as I look back over my shoulder at [B]Norvell Austin [/B] celebrating with the title belt. I vow to myself that I'll get that title back one day...but first I want [B]Kung Fu[/B]! The weekend is free for me, so I sit in my motel room with an ice pack on my jaw, nursing my bruised ego, and plotting my revenge.

Week 4, February 1984 (Monday - Sunday) [COLOR=Blue][U][B]Monday - MLW[/B][/U][/COLOR] Back east, I'm in the midcard again, teaming with [B]Angelo Mosca Jr.[/B]. I chat backstage with [B]Tetsuo Sekigawa [/B] about some of the American promotions he works for and then it's match time. [U][B]Match 61: Tiger Chung Lee & Iron Mike Sharpe vs. "Flyin' Fuji" Yamada & Angelo Mosca Jr.[/B][/U] Angelo and I are pretty dominant in the one, thanks to our superior quickness. The end comes off of a pretty nice series by me against Iron Mike. He irish whips me into the ropes, but I rebound with a Palm Thrust that leaves him reeling. I spring up the turnbuckles and take him down with a Flying Rana followed by a Handspring Moonsault and a Springboard Moonsault Press. He fights back with a few strikes, but I curl him up in a small package for a near fall. He tries to come at me again, but a Crucifix Cradle surprises him and I keep him down for the three at 31:00. [B]Rating: [COLOR=Red]C+[/COLOR][/B] [COLOR=Blue][U][B]Wednesday - MLW[/B][/U][/COLOR] Wednesday sees me teaming with [B]Mosca Jr.[/B] again. [U][B]Match 62: Iron Mike Sharpe & Private Jim Nelson vs. "Flyin' Fuji" Yamada & Angelo Mosca Jr.[/B][/U] This one is really nothing to write home about and I put us all out of our misery at 17:00 with a Crucifix Cradle on Nelson. [B]Rating: [COLOR=Red]D[/COLOR][/B] [COLOR=Blue][U][B]Thursday - Sunday[/B][/U][/COLOR] I'm a little upset that neither CSW or MLW have anything to offer for the rest of the week. I can't improve if I can't wrestle! I spend my time in Calgary and Toronto talking to the likes of Bruce Hart, Tony Charles, and Yoshiaki Yatsu, but I'd rather be in the ring.

Week 2, March 1984 (Monday-Sunday) [COLOR=Blue][U][B]Thursday - CSW[/B][/U][/COLOR] It's been almost two weeks since I had a match and I'm ready to pack up and go home for good when I get a call from [B]Bruce Hart[/B]. He wants me at the CSW venue right away. Thinking I'm about to be fired, I take my travel bag with me. When I get there, Bruce greets me, shooting a quick look at my bag. I'm about to thank him and go, when he tells me I've got the main event tonight against [B]Mongolian Stomper[/B]! [B]Hercules Ayala [/B] is in the back and he wishes me good luck as I head out to the ring to prove something to everyone. [U][B]Match 63: The Mongolian Stomper vs. "Flyin' Fuji" Yamada[/B][/U] 10 minutes in and Stomper has me in serious trouble with his brutal stomps so I do the only thing I can in this situation and take it outside. This is definitely to my advantage as I keep him off balance with apron dives, planchas and running palm thrusts. At the 20 minute mark, we're both bleeding and I take advantage of a running palm and put him on the table. The crowd has seen this before and they're hungry for it. I sail off the top, somersaulting with my body attack through the table! Dragging Stomper back into the ring, I get a two and a half. Stomper fights back and soon gets me with a nasty Abdominal Claw, but I'm not about to quit. Not tonight! He goes for a Big Bear Hug, but I slip it and nail him with a rolling wheel kick that flattens him. I clamp him in an Indian Deathlock and he has no choice but to submit at 22:00. [B]Rating: [COLOR=Red]B[/COLOR][/B] "You're next, Kung Fu!", I shout over the cheers of the crowd. No matches for the rest of the week, which I guess I can handle if my few matches are as high quality as the last one.

Week 3, March 1984 (Monday-Sunday) [COLOR=Blue][U][B]Monday - MLW[/B][/U][/COLOR] Back in Toronto, I go from main eventing in Calgary to opening the show for MLW. I definitely don't think I'll renew my contract with MLW when it's up. [U][B]Match 64: Yoshiaki Yatsu vs. "Flyin' Fuji" Yamada[/B][/U] Another run of the mill match that the crowd could take or leave. I get the win with a Suastica Stretch at 17:00. [B]Rating: [COLOR=Red]C[/COLOR][/B] Again, no more matches this week. I'm not sure what is going on, but I don't like it at all.

Week 4, March 1984 (Monday - Sunday) [COLOR=Blue][U][B]Monday - MLW[/B][/U][/COLOR] I'm opening the show again in Toronto after twiddling my thumbs all week. [U][B]Match 65: Rene Goulet & Dale Lewis vs. Tetsuo Sekigawa & "Flyin' Fuji" Yamada[/B][/U] Again, not a spectacular match but another notch in the win column as I lock a Suastica Stretch on Goulet at 35:00. [B]Rating: [COLOR=Red]C[/COLOR][/B] [COLOR=Blue][U][B]Wednesday - MLW[/B][/U][/COLOR] Wow! 2 matches in one week. I won't get my hopes up but at least I'm higher up the card tonight, teaming with one of my opponents from two nights ago. [U][B]Match 66: Toru Tanaka & Tony Parisi vs. "Flyin' Fuji" Yamada & Dale Lewis[/B][/U] I'm a little out of my element with these three big brawlers, but I hold my own in a hard fought even match. Both teams are exhausted when I finally lock Parisi in the Rolling Romero Special for the win at 42:00. [B]Rating: [COLOR=Red]C+[/COLOR][/B] And with that the month is over. No more matches this week means I've only been in the ring 4 times in the whole month of March. Might be time to start weighing my options and seeking new employment...

Stats Update Here are Yamada's updated stats as of end of March 1984. [U][B]Overness[/B] [/U] USA 0 Canada 33 (+33) Mexico 0 Japan 9 (+9) [U][B]Skills and Abilities[/B] [/U] Spirit 46 (+46) Power 33 (+3) Technique 61 (+14) Speed 75 (+2) Psych 90 (+25) Stamina 53 (+8) Toughness 68 (+13) Charisma 66 (+4) Microphone 50 (+10) Safety 77 (+17) Looks 73 Respect 15 (+15) [U][B]Move Modifications [/B][/U] Avalanche Brainbuster Corner Running Palm Thrust (dropped Corner Handstand Takedown) Rebound Palm Thrust (dropped Backdrop) Lyger Inverted Piledriver (modified Inverted Piledriver with lower strength requirement and considerably lower success and frequency rate) Powerbomb Rolling Romero Special (dropped Knee Bar) Hammerlock Inverted Surfboard (changed from Finisher to High with lowered stats) Second Rope Dropkick [U][B]Contracts [/B] [/U] [B][U]Maple Leaf Wrestling [/U] [/B] - Midcarder - $120 per appearance - 72 days remaining [B][U]Calgary Stampede Wrestling [/U] [/B] - Main Eventer - $250 per appearance - 124 days remaining [I][B]Current CSW International Tag Team champion [/B] with [B]Davey Boy Smith [/B] as [B]East-West Express[/B] Former British Commonwealth Mid-Heavyweight champion Feuding with Kung Fu[/I] [B][U]Universal Pro-Wrestling [/U] [/B] - Lower Midcarder - $40 per appearance - 121 days remaining [I]Tag Team partner with [B]Ultimo Dragon [/B] as [B]Young Dragons[/B][/I] [U][B]Finances[/B][/U] Currently Available Money $10000 Earnings This Year (1984) $0 Spendings This Year $0 Profits $0 [U][B]Relationships[/B][/U] Since Lyger was trained by Kotetsu Yamamoto, I have added that as a Protege relationship. Davey Boy Smith (Friend) Ultimo Dragon (Friend) Giant Haystacks (Friend) Phil Lafon (Friend) Tom Jones (Friend) Hercules Ayala (Friend) [I]New![/I] [U][B]Match Record (1983-Mar.1984)[/B][/U] 66 Matches 44 Wins [U]22 Losses[/U] Win Percentage 67% [U][B]Feuds[/B][/U] "Flyin' Fuji" Yamada vs. Brian Adias (MLW) 2 Wins 0 Losses "Flyin' Fuji" Yamada vs. Kung Fu (CSW) 1 Win 1 Loss [U][B]House Rules[/B][/U] Inspired by Socko, I have adopted the following house rules for this career. 1. Can only speak to one worker backstage per show. 2. Cannot ask for psychology or microphone tips. 3. Can only form tag teams with workers that I have a "Friend" relationship with. 4. Can only work for two promotions at a given time and both must be in different countries. To this end, I plan to drop my contract with MLW or CSW when one of those companies offers an extension. 5. Can only approach promotions for work when I have a "Friend" relationship with one of their workers.

Wrestling Observer Title Histories [COLOR=DarkRed][U][B]Title Histories as of end of March 1984[/B][/U][/COLOR] [COLOR=Blue][U][B]U.S.A.[/B][/U][/COLOR] [B]American Wrestling Association (AWA)[/B] AWA World Heavyweight 3/4/12/83 - present Baron Von Raschke ?????????? – 3/4/12/83 Nick Bockwinkel AWA World Tag Team ???????? - present The Sheiks (K.Patera & J.Blackwell) AWA Television 3/2/11/83 - present Billy Robinson ????????? – 3/2/11/83 vacant AWA Light Heavyweight ???????? - present Buck Zumhofe [B]Central States (CSTATE)[/B] Central States Heavyweight 3/4/11/83 - present Harley Race 3/3/11/83 – 3/4/11/83 Tully Blanchard ????????? – 3/3/11/83 Bob Brown Central States Tag Team 5/3/12/83 - present Tetsuo Sekigawa & Ken Timbs ?????????? – 5/3/12/83 Tyler & Brown (B.Tyler & B.Brown) Central States Television 6/2/11/83 - present Tatsumi Fujinami ????????? – 6/2/11/83 Roger Kirby [B]Championship Wrestling Association (CWA)[/B] AWA Southern Heavyweight ????????? - present Jerry Lawler AWA International ????????? - present Austin Idol Southern Tag Team ????????? - present The Fabulous Ones (S.Lane & S.Keirn) [B]Championship Wrestling from Florida (CWF)[/B] Florida Heavyweight 6/3/1/84 - present Dusty Rhodes ?????????? – 6/3/1/84 Kevin Sullivan CWF Heavyweight Tag Team 3/2/11/83 - present Kevin Sullivan & Pak Song ????????? – 3/2/11/83 vacant CWF Television 3/1/11/83 – present Superstar Billy Graham ????????? – 3/1/11/83 Barry Windham [B]Georgia Championship Wrestling (GCW)[/B] National Heavyweight ????????? – present Larry Zbyszko National Tag Team 5/2/11/83 – present Ronnie Garvin & King Kong Bundy ????????? – 5/2/11/83 The Road Warriors National Television 3/1/12/83 – present The Spoiler ????????? – 3/1/12/83 Ronnie Garvin GCW Junior Heavyweight ????????? – present Les Thornton [B]Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling (MACW)[/B] NWA World Heavyweight ????????? – present Harley Race NWA World Tag Team ????????? – present The Brisco Brothers United States Heavyweight ?????????? – present Greg Valentine Mid-Atlantic Heavyweight ????????? – present Dory Funk Jr. Mid-Atlantic U.S. Tag Team 6/4/3/84 – present Pin Point (D.Funk Jr. & J.Valiant) 6/1/3/84 – 6/4/3/84 The Finishers (G.Kabuki & T.Arcidi) 6/2/11/83 – 6/1/3/84 Assassin #2 & Mark Youngblood ????????? – 6/2/11/83 vacant [B]Mid-South Wrestling (MSW)[/B] North American Heavyweight 3/3/2/84 – present The Mighty Igor ????????? – 3/3/2/84 Junkyard Dog Mid-South Tag Team ????????? – present Mr. Wrestling II & Magnum T.A. Mid-South Television 2/4/1/84 – present Jos Leduc 2/1/1/84 – 2/4/1/84 Ricky Morton 3/2/12/83 – 2/1/1/84 Terry Taylor 3/2/11/83 – 3/2/12/83 Jim Duggan ????????? – 3/2/11/83 Krusher Khruschev [B]Pacific Northwest Wrestling (PNW)[/B] PNW Heavyweight 5/1/1/84 – present Hercules Ayala 3/2/11/83 – 5/1/1/84 Don Running Bear ????????? – 3/2/11/83 vacant PNW Heavyweight Tag Team ???????? – present Rip Oliver & Assassin PNW Television 2/2/3/84 – present Haruka Eigen 3/4/2/84 – 2/2/3/84 Harley Davidson 3/2/1/84 -3/4/2/84 Scotty the Body 2/1/11/83 – 3/2/1/84 Joe Malenko ????????? – 2/1/11/83 vacant [B]Polynesian Pro Wrestling (PPW)[/B] Polynesian Pacific 1/1/11/83 – present Rocky Johnson ????????? – 1/1/11/83 Lars Anderson Polynesian Pacific Tag Team 1/4/2/84 – present Team Fly (R.Johnson & M. M. Mike) ????????? – 1/4/2/84 The Samoan Swat Team (Samu & Fatu) [B]Southeastern Championship Wrestling (SECW)[/B] Southeastern Heavyweight ????????? – present Bob Armstrong Southeastern Tag Team 4/2/1/84 – present Crossed Wires (Mr.Olympia & J.Rougeau) ????????? – 4/2/1/84 The Armstrongs (Brad & Scott) Alabama Heavyweight ????????? – present Mr. Olympia [B]Southwest Championship Wrestling (SWCW)[/B] Southwest Heavyweight 3/2/11/83 – present Dick Slater 3/1/11/83 – 3/2/11/83 Luke Williams ????????? – 3/1/11/83 vacant Southwest Tag Team 6/1/11/83 – present Ninja Warrior & Scott Casey ????????? – 6/1/11/83 vacant Southwest Television 5/4/1/84 – present Jos Leduc 5/3/12/83 – 5/4/1/84 Shawn Michaels 5/3/11/83 – 5/3/12/83 Duke Myers 6/2/11/83 - 5/3/11/83 Ken Mantell 3/1/11/83 – 6/2/11/83 Chick Donovan ????????? – 3/1/11/83 vacant [B]World Class Championship Wrestling (WCCW)[/B] WCCW Texas Heavyweight 2/1/1/84 – present Gino Hernandez 7/4/12/83 – 2/1/1/84 vacant 2/4/12/83 – 7/4/12/83 Abdullah the Butcher ????????? – 2/4/12/83 David Von Erich WCCW Texas Tag Team ????????? – present The Fabulous Freebirds (T.Gordy & M.Hayes) WCCW Television ????????? – present Chris Adams WCCW Six Man Tag Team ????????? – present The Freebirds (T.Gordy, M.Hayes, B.Roberts) [B]World Wrestling Federation (WWF)[/B] WWF World Heavyweight ???????? – present Bob Backlund WWF World Tag Team ????????? – present The Wild Samoans (Afa & Sika) WWF Intercontinental ????????? – present Don Muraco [COLOR=Blue][U][B]CANADA[/B][/U][/COLOR] [B]All-Star Wrestling (ASW)[/B] Canadian Heavyweight 4/2/12/83 – present David Schultz 6/4/11/83 – 4/2/12/83 Moose Morowski 5/2/11/83 – 6/4/11/83 David Schultz 4/1/11/83 – 5/2/11/83 Moondog Moretti ????????? – 4/1/11/83 vacant Canadian Heavyweight Tag Team 4/1/11/83 – present Igor Volkoff & Honky Tonk Man ????????? – 4/1/11/83 vacant All-Star Television 5/2/1/84 – present Dean Ho 4/1/1/84 – 5/2/1/84 Ron Bass ???????? – 4/1/1/84 vacant [B]Calgary Stampede Wrestling (CSW)[/B] CSW North American Heavyweight 3/3/2/84 – present Gama Singh ???????? – 3/3/2/84 Bad News Allen CSW International Tag Team 4/2/12/83 – present East-West Express (F.F.Yamada & D.B.Smith) 4/4/11/83 – 4/2/12/83 Leo Burke & Cuban Assassin ????????? – 4/4/11/83 Bruce Hart & Davey Boy Smith British Commonwealth Mid-Heavyweight 5/3/2/84 – present Norvell Austin 4/2/2/84 – 5/3/2/84 “Flyin’ Fuji” Yamada 5/2/11/83 – 4/2/2/84 Kung Fu ????????? – 5/2/11/83 The Cobra [B]Maple Leaf Wrestling (MLW)[/B] NWA Canadian Heavyweight ????????? – present The Sheik Canadian Open Tag Team ????????? – present Brito & Parisi (G.Brito & T.Parisi) [B][U][COLOR=Blue]MEXICO[/COLOR][/U][/B] [B]Consejo Mundial de Lucha Libre (CMLL)[/B] NWA World Middleweight 3/1/11/83 – present Mil Mascaras ????????? – 3/1/11/83 vacant CMLL World Tag Team 3/2/1/84 – present Sweet Pain (B.Brody & Dr.Wagner) ????????? – 3/2/1/84 vacant NWA World Lightweight 2/3/12/83 – present Chavo Guerrero Sr. ?????????? – 2/3/12/83 vacant [B]Universal Wrestling Association (UWA)[/B] UWA World Middleweight 4/2/11/83 – present Dr. Wagner ????????? – 4/2/11/83 Gran Hamada UWA World Tag Team ???????? – present Brothers of the Mask (M.Mascaras & D.Caras) ???????? - ???????? Black Man & Solar UWA World Lightweight 1/4/1/84 – present Mil Mascaras 1/1/1/84 – 1/4/1/84 Lobo Rubio 4/2/12/83 – 1/1/1/84 Akio Sato 1/1/12/83 – 4/2/12/84 Dr. Wagner Jr. 3/2/11/83 – 1/1/12/84 Juan Rodriguez 1/2/11/83 – 3/2/11/83 Dr. Wagner Jr. ????????? – 1/2/11/83 vacant [B]World Wrestling Council (WWC)[/B] Universal Heavyweight ????????? – present Carlos Colon WWC World Tag Team 6/3/2/84 – present The Last Stand (S. D. Siki & Abdullah) ???????? – 6/3/2/84 The Invaders (#1 & #3) WWC North American Heavyweight ????????? – present Pedro Morales WWC Puerto Rican Heavyweight ????????? – present Bob Sweetan [B][U][COLOR=Blue]JAPAN[/COLOR][/U][/B] [B]All Japan Pro Wrestling (AJPW)[/B] PWF Heavyweight ????????? - present Giant Baba NWA International Heavyweight 2/4/12/83 - present Terry Funk ????????? – 2/4/12/83 Bruiser Brody NWA International Tag Team ????????? - present Baba & Jumbo (G.Baba & J.Tsuruta) NWA International Junior Heavyweight ???????? - present Chavo Guerrero Sr. [B]New Japan Pro Wrestling (NJPW)[/B] NWF World Heavyweight ???????? – present Antonio Inoki WWF Junior Heavyweight 3/4/2/84 – present Shiro Koshinaka ???????? – 3/4/2/84 vacant WWF International 3/1/1/84 – present Dynamite Kid ???????? – 3/1/1/84 vacant IWGP Tag Team ???????? – present The British Bulldogs (D.Kid & D.B.Smith) [B]Universal Pro Wrestling (UWF)[/B] Universal International Heavyweight ????????? – present Akira Maeda Universal International Tag Team 2/1/12/83 – present Super Leatherface & Fit Finlay ?????????? – 2/1/12/83 vacant Universal Light Heavyweight 2/1/12/83 – present Lizmark 2/1/11/83 – 2/1/12/83 Masahiro Chono ????????? – 2/1/11/83 vacant [COLOR=Blue][U][B]U.K.[/B][/U][/COLOR] [B]All Star Wrestling (ASWUK)[/B] European Middleweight 6/2/2/84 - present Kintaro Oki 4/4/12/83 - 6/2/2/84 Terry Jowett ????????? – 4/4/12/83 Tatsumi Fujinami British Light Heavyweight 4/1/2/84 – present Mal Sanders ???????? – 4/1/2/84 Marty Jones British Empire/Commonwealth Middleweight 6/2/11/83 – present Tony St. Clair ?????????? – 6/2/11/83 vacant ASWUK Tag Team 6/3/1/84 – present Team Slayer (Lizmark & D. Langer) ????????? – 6/3/1/84 vacant [B]Joint Promotions (JPUK)[/B] World Light Heavyweight ????????? – present Johnny Saint World Mid-Heavyweight 4/1/1/84 – present Brian Maxine 4/3/12/83 – 4/1/1/84 Fit Finlay ?????????? – 4/3/12/83 Dave Bond British Lightweight 4/2/11/83 – present Tony Charles ????????? – 4/2/11/83 Jon Cortez World of Sport Tag Team 6/3/3/84 – present Dissident Movement (M.Jones & T.St.Clair) ???????? – 6/3/3/84 Caribbean Sunshine Boys (J.Kincaid & D.Bond) [COLOR=Blue][U][B]AUSTRALIA[/B][/U][/COLOR] [B]World Championship Wrestling (WCW)[/B] NWA Australasian Heavyweight 3/1/11/83 – present Ripper Collins ???????? – 3/1/11/83 vacant NWA Australasian Tag Team 5/2/1/84 – present H8U 2 (C.Myers & T.Parisi) ???????? – 5/2/1/84 vacant

This diary is maintaining it's highstandard, I am very impressed. I would like to suggest something if I may, you're probably already thinking about it though, but if you do decide to not renew your MLW contract then maybe you should consider joining a US fed to build up some overness there? Keep up the great work!

I don't comment on this as much as I should, but I'll echo Slim Jim's sentiments: the exploits of the Flyin' Fuji is always a tremendous read. I'm not sure any of your present relationships lead to a U.S. promotion (as per Socko's rules), but Ayala might be able to open the door to WWC - which would help. The roster is pretty diverse in Puerto Rico (if Brody still works down there, I dare you to try and make friends with him ;) ) and usually includes a lot of 'American' workers. * I say 'Americans' because I know P.R. is part of the U.S. and justifiably mislabled in DOTT as Mexican. I don't want to come across as an even more ignorant gringo than I already am. Heh. As always, a great read!

Thanks for the comments, guys. I am thinking of moving on soon from Canada. MLW has me kind of stuck in lame tag combinations and there is no real championship hope for me there. CSW has me as a Main Eventer, but as a result I think I may not get anymore shots at the BCM-H Title because it's too low for me. So I'm kind of stuck between a rock and a hard place. I'm too high up the card for the lighter weight title, but too light for the higher title. I'm trying hard to make friends with guys in Mexico or the U.K. right now. Both of those places have more workers my size and as a result, more available gold! And historically, these are the places Lyger wrestled before his triumphant return to New Japan. I really need to hang on to UWF though, as my Japanese overness must increase if I have any hope of joining the big promotions in my home country. Anyway, I may update my data one more time to accomodate Adam's recent update, etc... Keep reading! :D

Update! Thanks to the work of D. Boon's Ghost and Adam Ryland, I have updated this dynasty to the DOTT 3.3 scenario and version 1.6 of the game. I edited the database to reflect current champions in every promotion as well as adding back a couple of titles that were removed from the DOTT scenario, namely the CMLL World Tag Team and ASWUK Tag Team. I have started the game again with the stats I had built since beginning in November 1983. Thanks to some tweaking, I find myself unable to perform certain moves that I was previously able to do, so the matches will reflect this. With any luck, in a few months Yamada will be capable. Since the contracts and finances are impossible to accurately modify, check back a couple of posts for the updated info. This dynasty will continue shortly and thanks for your continued support! :D

Week 1, April 1984 (Monday) [COLOR=Blue][U][B]Monday - MLW[/B][/U][/COLOR] Tonight in Toronto, I'm in the midcard with [B]The Sheik's [/B] nephew, [B]Sabu[/B]. I'm looking forward to a good match, since we're both the same size and I can use a little more of my arsenal. Sabu's a bit crazy in the ring, but he's really developing quickly. [U][B]Match 67: Sabu vs. "Flyin' Fuji" Yamada[/B][/U] The match starts out fast, with plenty of offense on both sides. At the midway point, I decide to take it outside to retaliate for a few pencil jabs from Sabu. I hit a running palm and follow up with a snap suplex on a chair, which the ref ignores. I miss an apron dive and Sabu takes advantage of the ref's leniency to smash my shoulder into the ringpost twice, before rolling me in and applying an armlock. I counter and whip him into the corner for a corner running palm, but he moves as I attempt a rolling wheel kick and hits me with a hammerlock kick. He tries to follow with a knee breaker, but I flip over his back and plant him with a German Suplex for a near fall. I go for an Avalanche Brainbuster, but he slips it and tosses me over the top to the ringside floor. I'm ready for him and as he comes out, I hit him with a hard knife edge chop, leaving him prone on a ringside table. I climb to the top and sail off with a Somersault Body Attack Suicida through the empty table! Obviously Sabu has been doing his homework. He hits me with a flying double axe handle and drags me back into the ring to work on his pencil jabbing skills. Forehead, throat, it doesn't matter where as long as he jabs me. I look to the ref as I slip a roll up attempt, but he just shrugs. I go for another German, but get eye raked. Sabu comes on strong now with a hammerlock kick, flying double axe handle, and swinging neckbreaker for a near fall. He thens whips me into the corner and starts to jab the hell out of me, looking for me to quit. But I won't go out like that! He climbs to top and hits a beautiful Flying Rana for another near fall. This is getting too close for comfort so I decide to go for something big. Slipping yet another pencil jab, I whip him into the corner and follow up with a hard palm thrust. The I hoist him onto the turnbuckles and climb up with him. Pausing for a second for a crowd reaction, I hook his neck and fall backwards for a Super DDT! One...two...three! A tough match that really got the crowd cheering ends at 21:00. [B]Rating: [COLOR=Red]B[/COLOR][/B]

Fab match against Sabu! Wow. I initially thought it would be a mini-squash, but that wildman is much tougher than I thought he would be. * And I love the ref's reaction to the pencil jabs, XoX! It was as if he was saying to the Flyin' Fuji, "[i]You[/i] make him stop, I'll just sit over here and watch."

Week 1, April 1984 (Wednesday) [COLOR=Blue][B][U]Wednesday - CSW[/U][/B][/COLOR] I've opted to head for Calgary since the payday is bigger and so is the potential match. When I arrive, I meet my friend [B]Loch Ness Monster [/B] in the dressing room and he informs me that it's he and I one on one tonight. Oh, man! That is quite a bit bigger match than I hoped for. [U][B]Match 68: Loch Ness Monster vs. "Flyin' Fuji" Yamada[/B][/U] I know I need to be extremely quick if I have any hope of surviving this match so I start off with a quick series of chops, dropkicks, and weardown moves to Loch Ness's legs. I do okay for a few minutes, but then his power gets the better of me. In a heartbeat he gives me a big choke, double stomp, headbutt to the groin, another double stomp and a Big Splash for a near fall. A Giant Samoan Drop puts me down again, but I manage a foot on the ropes. A second Giant Samoan Drop and I think it's over when Bret Hart breaks up the pin! I guess he's trying to start something with Loch Ness. Loch Ness tries to set me up for a Running Powerslam, but I counter with a dropkick, sending him through the ropes to the floor. I hit him with a baseball slide as he stands and then I apply a series of surfboards to his huge body on the floor. He comes back with a Running Belly Butt, but I avoid a giant elbow and leap up to the apron to deliver a somersault smash. Pressing my luck, I go for another but miss. Several giant elbows, samoan drops, and splashes later and my ribs are aching. I manage to hit a running palm and leave Loch Ness prone on a table, setting him up for my patented Somersault Body Attack Suicida...which misses. Two more splashes and a giant elbow and he rolls me back in, whispering to ask if I'm okay. I nod and he swings a big forearm at me, which I duck, hitting a quick desperation combo. Running palm thrust, lightning kick, rolling wheel kick. Unbelievably, the huge man is in trouble! I go for an Indian Deathlock, but he blocks. A Figure Four, he blocks again. I can barely catch my breath as he nails me with a Running Clothesline. I don't really hear it, but the ref signals for the bell and Loch Ness Monster notches another win over me by medical DQ at 22:00. [B]Rating: [COLOR=Red]B-[/COLOR] [/B] Back in the locker room, Loch Ness asks if I'm okay and I say fine, but I feel like I may need to puke.

Archived