Adam a question

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[QUOTE=Adam Ryland;150319]There wouldn't be any point in having set game areas for workers if they can just be ignored with a cash incentive.[/QUOTE] i dont see a point in it period...in a way it hinders the reality of the game saying that a worker isnt allowed to work in japan or the us.

[QUOTE=Adam Ryland;150319]There wouldn't be any point in having set game areas for workers if they can just be ignored with a cash incentive.[/QUOTE] i dont see a point in it period...in a way it hinders the reality of the game saying that a worker isnt allowed to work in japan or the us.

the problem is that the limitation is an absolute. As if (for example) most japanese workers are legally incapable of working in the Us for any reason. IRL the reasons why Japanese workers don't work more in the US are : a) If they are over in Japan, they can make WAY more money than the US, b) Language/Culture barrier c) Distance from home d) Difficulty in getting a visa (which btw is JUST as big an issue for Canadian workers as it is for Mexicans, Japanese, Brits, etc...) To make this "based in reality", then the absolute restriction would be removed, and these factors would be considered when hiring a foreign worker (depending on where they are from).

the problem is that the limitation is an absolute. As if (for example) most japanese workers are legally incapable of working in the Us for any reason. IRL the reasons why Japanese workers don't work more in the US are : a) If they are over in Japan, they can make WAY more money than the US, b) Language/Culture barrier c) Distance from home d) Difficulty in getting a visa (which btw is JUST as big an issue for Canadian workers as it is for Mexicans, Japanese, Brits, etc...) To make this "based in reality", then the absolute restriction would be removed, and these factors would be considered when hiring a foreign worker (depending on where they are from).

[QUOTE=urt31;150393]Also it is very rare for a British worker to just work in europe and britian, I would imagine most of them would jump at the chance to work in the US.[/QUOTE] Actually that's untrue. How many british workers are working regularly in the US right now? Not bloody many. TNA didn't even bother to field a X-cup team from the UK. The problem with UK workers is again, lack of exposure in the US, distance from home, and the ever present (and completely underestimated) VISA issue. But still, if WWE offered Jody Fleish (or any other Brit worker) 500k a year, he'd take it so fast your head would spin.

[QUOTE=urt31;150393]Also it is very rare for a British worker to just work in europe and britian, I would imagine most of them would jump at the chance to work in the US.[/QUOTE] Actually that's untrue. How many british workers are working regularly in the US right now? Not bloody many. TNA didn't even bother to field a X-cup team from the UK. The problem with UK workers is again, lack of exposure in the US, distance from home, and the ever present (and completely underestimated) VISA issue. But still, if WWE offered Jody Fleish (or any other Brit worker) 500k a year, he'd take it so fast your head would spin.

[QUOTE=Dolfanar;150392]the problem is that the limitation is an absolute. As if (for example) most japanese workers are legally incapable of working in the Us for any reason. IRL the reasons why Japanese workers don't work more in the US are : a) If they are over in Japan, they can make WAY more money than the US, b) Language/Culture barrier c) Distance from home d) Difficulty in getting a visa (which btw is JUST as big an issue for Canadian workers as it is for Mexicans, Japanese, Brits, etc...) To make this "based in reality", then the absolute restriction would be removed, and these factors would be considered when hiring a foreign worker (depending on where they are from).[/QUOTE] I'm well aware of how it works in reality, but writing a game is not always about looking for perfect accuracy. The area restrictions do a fine job of simulating what happens in reality in a way that's easy for the user to understand. Implementing all the real reasons why people are restricted wouldn't improve the accuracy of the feature by a significant degree (whichever method is used, the bulk of wrestlers are still going to work in only the correct areas) but would increase the complexity. Finding a middle ground is part of the game design process.

[QUOTE=Dolfanar;150392]the problem is that the limitation is an absolute. As if (for example) most japanese workers are legally incapable of working in the Us for any reason. IRL the reasons why Japanese workers don't work more in the US are : a) If they are over in Japan, they can make WAY more money than the US, b) Language/Culture barrier c) Distance from home d) Difficulty in getting a visa (which btw is JUST as big an issue for Canadian workers as it is for Mexicans, Japanese, Brits, etc...) To make this "based in reality", then the absolute restriction would be removed, and these factors would be considered when hiring a foreign worker (depending on where they are from).[/QUOTE] I'm well aware of how it works in reality, but writing a game is not always about looking for perfect accuracy. The area restrictions do a fine job of simulating what happens in reality in a way that's easy for the user to understand. Implementing all the real reasons why people are restricted wouldn't improve the accuracy of the feature by a significant degree (whichever method is used, the bulk of wrestlers are still going to work in only the correct areas) but would increase the complexity. Finding a middle ground is part of the game design process.

I feel that while Adam has put in maximum effort to appeal to the reality of things and to the RL mods the core of the game is the CV and as much as some of us would like to be able to use the japanese stars in the US the overall gameplay is better for the restrictions Adam puts on us. I for one enjoy that the US isnt over-populated by the stars of the other regions. If we could have all of the stars there would be less reason to use the small time guys in the world.

I feel that while Adam has put in maximum effort to appeal to the reality of things and to the RL mods the core of the game is the CV and as much as some of us would like to be able to use the japanese stars in the US the overall gameplay is better for the restrictions Adam puts on us. I for one enjoy that the US isnt over-populated by the stars of the other regions. If we could have all of the stars there would be less reason to use the small time guys in the world.

[QUOTE=Adam Ryland;150397]I'm well aware of how it works in reality, but writing a game is not always about looking for perfect accuracy. The area restrictions do a fine job of simulating what happens in reality in a way that's easy for the user to understand. Implementing all the real reasons why people are restricted wouldn't improve the accuracy of the feature by a significant degree (whichever method is used, the bulk of wrestlers are still going to work in only the correct areas) but would increase the complexity. Finding a middle ground is part of the game design process.[/QUOTE] i see where your comming from..in a way. if its only to keep the ai from adding too many workers, couldnt it be done to keep the restrictions ai only, and letting the player try to negotiate to bring in outside talent? it just seems a waste to me that you created great workers and as a NA company, im not supposed to be allowed to use them.

[QUOTE=Adam Ryland;150397]I'm well aware of how it works in reality, but writing a game is not always about looking for perfect accuracy. The area restrictions do a fine job of simulating what happens in reality in a way that's easy for the user to understand. Implementing all the real reasons why people are restricted wouldn't improve the accuracy of the feature by a significant degree (whichever method is used, the bulk of wrestlers are still going to work in only the correct areas) but would increase the complexity. Finding a middle ground is part of the game design process.[/QUOTE] i see where your comming from..in a way. if its only to keep the ai from adding too many workers, couldnt it be done to keep the restrictions ai only, and letting the player try to negotiate to bring in outside talent? it just seems a waste to me that you created great workers and as a NA company, im not supposed to be allowed to use them.

Archived