Adam a question

Hey to all the folks who want to change the location barrier thing... Didn't Adam post somewhere that there is now an option where you can make workers available everywhere? Not to mention, in the case that you couldnt, I.E TEW 2K5... I definitely was in support of having workers available everywhere but adam made some good points about how in the rest of the world you dont see hording of all areas...thats true and id rather have workers in set areas than to see all of Japans finest working in small promotions in Europe all the time.... if you do think a worker should be available but want to keep it from being everyone, just use the in game editor to adjust the availability of a set number of workers... thats the method i used anyway and it worked well

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey to all the folks who want to change the location barrier thing... Didn't Adam post somewhere that there is now an option where you can make workers available everywhere? Not to mention, in the case that you couldnt, I.E TEW 2K5... I definitely was in support of having workers available everywhere but adam made some good points about how in the rest of the world you dont see hording of all areas...thats true and id rather have workers in set areas than to see all of Japans finest working in small promotions in Europe all the time.... if you do think a worker should be available but want to keep it from being everyone, just use the in game editor to adjust the availability of a set number of workers... thats the method i used anyway and it worked well

I never played a game for more then a year but I always just assumed over time a small number of workers would expand the amount of area's they would seek work in. Assuming that's not the case it would be a nice addition. From a game stand point I could see a system in which a handful of workers, or more, each year altered their available area's based on their employment status. For example if a worker available in North America only hasn't been employed in over a year he would be eligible for a randomly assigned second area. Conversely if a worker available in North America and Japan hasn't worked in North America in the last year, but he has in Japan, he would be eligible to have North America dropped. Obviously that's just one way to do it but it would make the game feel more alive if workers had the opportunity to change their available area's over time.

I never played a game for more then a year but I always just assumed over time a small number of workers would expand the amount of area's they would seek work in. Assuming that's not the case it would be a nice addition. From a game stand point I could see a system in which a handful of workers, or more, each year altered their available area's based on their employment status. For example if a worker available in North America only hasn't been employed in over a year he would be eligible for a randomly assigned second area. Conversely if a worker available in North America and Japan hasn't worked in North America in the last year, but he has in Japan, he would be eligible to have North America dropped. Obviously that's just one way to do it but it would make the game feel more alive if workers had the opportunity to change their available area's over time.

Maybe if a wrestler could work in a different area over time. Similar to the Dynamic Worker idea. Say if at the end of the year, somehow, people in a different country could start to hear about Wrestler A and Wrestler A gets some fan base in that country, maybe that wrestler would do a show every now and then over there. It happens alot but not very often. I believe Rikishi works in Italy now. That doesn't seem like it would be a normal place for him to work, but maybe he got a fan base and started doing business over there. Same for Vampiro. He worked mainly in Mexico, even though he's from Canada, then he started doing shows over in Europe. I don't think he normaly would've worked over there in the start of his wrestling career, but over time, he devoloped a fan base in those countries, and started doing shows there. So maybe having that be apart of the Dynamic Wrestler addition would allow a wrestler to move into new territories. Why would a wrestler have popularity in a different region if he/she's never worked a show there?

Maybe if a wrestler could work in a different area over time. Similar to the Dynamic Worker idea. Say if at the end of the year, somehow, people in a different country could start to hear about Wrestler A and Wrestler A gets some fan base in that country, maybe that wrestler would do a show every now and then over there. It happens alot but not very often. I believe Rikishi works in Italy now. That doesn't seem like it would be a normal place for him to work, but maybe he got a fan base and started doing business over there. Same for Vampiro. He worked mainly in Mexico, even though he's from Canada, then he started doing shows over in Europe. I don't think he normaly would've worked over there in the start of his wrestling career, but over time, he devoloped a fan base in those countries, and started doing shows there. So maybe having that be apart of the Dynamic Wrestler addition would allow a wrestler to move into new territories. Why would a wrestler have popularity in a different region if he/she's never worked a show there?

[QUOTE=Travis;150484]Maybe if a wrestler could work in a different area over time. Similar to the Dynamic Worker idea. Say if at the end of the year, somehow, people in a different country could start to hear about Wrestler A and Wrestler A gets some fan base in that country, maybe that wrestler would do a show every now and then over there. It happens alot but not very often. I believe Rikishi works in Italy now. That doesn't seem like it would be a normal place for him to work, but maybe he got a fan base and started doing business over there. Same for Vampiro. He worked mainly in Mexico, even though he's from Canada, then he started doing shows over in Europe. I don't think he normaly would've worked over there in the start of his wrestling career, but over time, he devoloped a fan base in those countries, and started doing shows there. So maybe having that be apart of the Dynamic Wrestler addition would allow a wrestler to move into new territories. Why would a wrestler have popularity in a different region if he/she's never worked a show there?[/QUOTE] Good idea. When playing as the WWE for example thanks to television workers who are unavailable to an area can get over there. If at some point they became unemployed it would make sense that they might work in Mexico if they became very popular there. As with my previous suggestion from a game stand point employment status and popularity should play a factor in what areas a worker is available. As long as it didn't occur too often and there was a negative side (workers dropping areas) then I it would only enhance the game.

[QUOTE=Travis;150484]Maybe if a wrestler could work in a different area over time. Similar to the Dynamic Worker idea. Say if at the end of the year, somehow, people in a different country could start to hear about Wrestler A and Wrestler A gets some fan base in that country, maybe that wrestler would do a show every now and then over there. It happens alot but not very often. I believe Rikishi works in Italy now. That doesn't seem like it would be a normal place for him to work, but maybe he got a fan base and started doing business over there. Same for Vampiro. He worked mainly in Mexico, even though he's from Canada, then he started doing shows over in Europe. I don't think he normaly would've worked over there in the start of his wrestling career, but over time, he devoloped a fan base in those countries, and started doing shows there. So maybe having that be apart of the Dynamic Wrestler addition would allow a wrestler to move into new territories. Why would a wrestler have popularity in a different region if he/she's never worked a show there?[/QUOTE] Good idea. When playing as the WWE for example thanks to television workers who are unavailable to an area can get over there. If at some point they became unemployed it would make sense that they might work in Mexico if they became very popular there. As with my previous suggestion from a game stand point employment status and popularity should play a factor in what areas a worker is available. As long as it didn't occur too often and there was a negative side (workers dropping areas) then I it would only enhance the game.

[QUOTE=Rams;150487]Good idea. When playing as the WWE for example thanks to television workers who are unavailable to an area can get over there. If at some point they became unemployed it would make sense that they might work in Mexico if they became very popular there. [/QUOTE] This is something I've advocated in the past. Also now with loans and such, it is presumably possible for a Japanese worker to be loaned out to an American promotion, thus making it possible for him to get over in that Area. It would be great if along with variable worker styles, if workers would have their availability flags reviewed once a year. so if a wrestler, either through TV exposure or being loaned out reaches a certain overness threshold in a particular game area, that his availability flag would be activated in that area. Example A: Worker A is Japanese, and is ONLY available to work in Japan at the start of the game. At some point his promotion enters into a working agreement with a UK promotion, and he begins to work a high level TV program in England which gets him some really good exposure and brings his overness in the UK as a whole to 20. The next time the DB update/check is made, Worker A's flag for the UK is ticked, and now the worker is free to sign with a UK based promotion. Example B: Worker B is an American worker, and starts with only north America flagged. He is working for a global company. Through massive Television exposure (due to a quick world title push) and international touring, this worker gets over in all game areas from anywhere from 20-60 overness. The next time the DB/update is made the worker is now available to all game areas. This would still stem the flood of foreign workers cross-polination, but would make it possible, and would allow for a logical transition for workers to begin expanding their horizons.

[QUOTE=Rams;150487]Good idea. When playing as the WWE for example thanks to television workers who are unavailable to an area can get over there. If at some point they became unemployed it would make sense that they might work in Mexico if they became very popular there. [/QUOTE] This is something I've advocated in the past. Also now with loans and such, it is presumably possible for a Japanese worker to be loaned out to an American promotion, thus making it possible for him to get over in that Area. It would be great if along with variable worker styles, if workers would have their availability flags reviewed once a year. so if a wrestler, either through TV exposure or being loaned out reaches a certain overness threshold in a particular game area, that his availability flag would be activated in that area. Example A: Worker A is Japanese, and is ONLY available to work in Japan at the start of the game. At some point his promotion enters into a working agreement with a UK promotion, and he begins to work a high level TV program in England which gets him some really good exposure and brings his overness in the UK as a whole to 20. The next time the DB update/check is made, Worker A's flag for the UK is ticked, and now the worker is free to sign with a UK based promotion. Example B: Worker B is an American worker, and starts with only north America flagged. He is working for a global company. Through massive Television exposure (due to a quick world title push) and international touring, this worker gets over in all game areas from anywhere from 20-60 overness. The next time the DB/update is made the worker is now available to all game areas. This would still stem the flood of foreign workers cross-polination, but would make it possible, and would allow for a logical transition for workers to begin expanding their horizons.

[QUOTE=Dolfanar;150593]This is something I've advocated in the past. Also now with loans and such, it is presumably possible for a Japanese worker to be loaned out to an American promotion, thus making it possible for him to get over in that Area. It would be great if along with variable worker styles, if workers would have their availability flags reviewed once a year. so if a wrestler, either through TV exposure or being loaned out reaches a certain overness threshold in a particular game area, that his availability flag would be activated in that area. Example A: Worker A is Japanese, and is ONLY available to work in Japan at the start of the game. At some point his promotion enters into a working agreement with a UK promotion, and he begins to work a high level TV program in England which gets him some really good exposure and brings his overness in the UK as a whole to 20. The next time the DB update/check is made, Worker A's flag for the UK is ticked, and now the worker is free to sign with a UK based promotion. Example B: Worker B is an American worker, and starts with only north America flagged. He is working for a global company. Through massive Television exposure (due to a quick world title push) and international touring, this worker gets over in all game areas from anywhere from 20-60 overness. The next time the DB/update is made the worker is now available to all game areas. This would still stem the flood of foreign workers cross-polination, but would make it possible, and would allow for a logical transition for workers to begin expanding their horizons.[/QUOTE] this idea of slowly degrading boundries as overness increases bears consideration. it would mean that most game created wrestlers would be locked into thier locality, but as they got slightly more over they might start working in a second area, but a much larger overness would be needed for the 3rd and so on so that you would almost need to be known world wide to be available to work world wide.

[QUOTE=Dolfanar;150593]This is something I've advocated in the past. Also now with loans and such, it is presumably possible for a Japanese worker to be loaned out to an American promotion, thus making it possible for him to get over in that Area. It would be great if along with variable worker styles, if workers would have their availability flags reviewed once a year. so if a wrestler, either through TV exposure or being loaned out reaches a certain overness threshold in a particular game area, that his availability flag would be activated in that area. Example A: Worker A is Japanese, and is ONLY available to work in Japan at the start of the game. At some point his promotion enters into a working agreement with a UK promotion, and he begins to work a high level TV program in England which gets him some really good exposure and brings his overness in the UK as a whole to 20. The next time the DB update/check is made, Worker A's flag for the UK is ticked, and now the worker is free to sign with a UK based promotion. Example B: Worker B is an American worker, and starts with only north America flagged. He is working for a global company. Through massive Television exposure (due to a quick world title push) and international touring, this worker gets over in all game areas from anywhere from 20-60 overness. The next time the DB/update is made the worker is now available to all game areas. This would still stem the flood of foreign workers cross-polination, but would make it possible, and would allow for a logical transition for workers to begin expanding their horizons.[/QUOTE] this idea of slowly degrading boundries as overness increases bears consideration. it would mean that most game created wrestlers would be locked into thier locality, but as they got slightly more over they might start working in a second area, but a much larger overness would be needed for the 3rd and so on so that you would almost need to be known world wide to be available to work world wide.

Really, I have to aggree with other's on this issue. Since you have the power to change it to your liking, I would just change it. I do understand (I think) where people are coming for on this issue, but I don't see it as being something that would be huge as far as gameplay. If I understand correctly, what the majority of poster's want is for the AI to take into consideration, Overness, Popularity, etc. of different worker's, to allow them to open up to negotiation's into other "regions". I feel this would indeed add a bit of realism, and maybe even more fun to the game, but.... Since you do have the option to "toggle" it off or on, and if it's like the previous games, you can manually change these setting's yourself, I don't consider it "That" big of a deal. You can choose to do it yourself, and add as much realism as you want. Just check out the popularity of guys that are only willing to work in a certain region, using the "filter" function, and the one's that have hit a certain popularity in certain region's, go ahead and change them to where they can work there. The biggest reason I don't worry about it too much, is because it sound's like alot of rewriting programs, to make it happen, and I wanted 2007 Two weeks ago! LOL. I would post this idea for the next one:-)

Really, I have to aggree with other's on this issue. Since you have the power to change it to your liking, I would just change it. I do understand (I think) where people are coming for on this issue, but I don't see it as being something that would be huge as far as gameplay. If I understand correctly, what the majority of poster's want is for the AI to take into consideration, Overness, Popularity, etc. of different worker's, to allow them to open up to negotiation's into other "regions". I feel this would indeed add a bit of realism, and maybe even more fun to the game, but.... Since you do have the option to "toggle" it off or on, and if it's like the previous games, you can manually change these setting's yourself, I don't consider it "That" big of a deal. You can choose to do it yourself, and add as much realism as you want. Just check out the popularity of guys that are only willing to work in a certain region, using the "filter" function, and the one's that have hit a certain popularity in certain region's, go ahead and change them to where they can work there. The biggest reason I don't worry about it too much, is because it sound's like alot of rewriting programs, to make it happen, and I wanted 2007 Two weeks ago! LOL. I would post this idea for the next one:-)

Well, I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I abhor the all-or-nothing stats, and if anything is possible to get rid of it, I'm all for it. A rating of desire, in my opinion, is the way to go. Obviously, it's not happening for this one, and that's fine. I'll use the toggle to make everyone available everywhere. But I'd definitely like it if it is different in the future. Would be a major bonus. (Example, Just in case it's not clear) Kikkawa definitely wants to stay in Japan. He's got an A* for Japan, F for everywhere else. Good to go. It would be really hard to convince him to leave. Guaranteed title shots, lots of money, travel expenses, etc. Bruce the Giant doesn't care. He's spent time in both the US and Japan, and has an A in both. He'll work in Europe or UK, but he doesn't think they have a good enough scene. C+. Canada he sees as a mini US, maybe a B+.

Well, I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I abhor the all-or-nothing stats, and if anything is possible to get rid of it, I'm all for it. A rating of desire, in my opinion, is the way to go. Obviously, it's not happening for this one, and that's fine. I'll use the toggle to make everyone available everywhere. But I'd definitely like it if it is different in the future. Would be a major bonus. (Example, Just in case it's not clear) Kikkawa definitely wants to stay in Japan. He's got an A* for Japan, F for everywhere else. Good to go. It would be really hard to convince him to leave. Guaranteed title shots, lots of money, travel expenses, etc. Bruce the Giant doesn't care. He's spent time in both the US and Japan, and has an A in both. He'll work in Europe or UK, but he doesn't think they have a good enough scene. C+. Canada he sees as a mini US, maybe a B+.

[QUOTE=steev42;150847]Well, I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I abhor the all-or-nothing stats, and if anything is possible to get rid of it, I'm all for it. A rating of desire, in my opinion, is the way to go. Obviously, it's not happening for this one, and that's fine. I'll use the toggle to make everyone available everywhere. But I'd definitely like it if it is different in the future. Would be a major bonus. (Example, Just in case it's not clear) Kikkawa definitely wants to stay in Japan. He's got an A* for Japan, F for everywhere else. Good to go. It would be really hard to convince him to leave. Guaranteed title shots, lots of money, travel expenses, etc. Bruce the Giant doesn't care. He's spent time in both the US and Japan, and has an A in both. He'll work in Europe or UK, but he doesn't think they have a good enough scene. C+. Canada he sees as a mini US, maybe a B+.[/QUOTE] I understood what you were saying before, and now. I only dissagree with you, because I think what I am hearing from the other side is the time needed to implement, pluss the time needed for the program to go through each and every worker to see if any new territory has been added for them to be able to work in (waiting for the computer to load the next day), making the gameplay worse (as lesser computer system's will take alot longer to load). The overall reason (outside of it not being in before the deadline) seem's to be gameplay. Keeping the game as fun as possible, and real as possible, without the loss of gameplay (actually playing the game, not watching the next screen load). This is something that is very important to any popular game for computer's, as the more a game needs to do, the more limited the product is, far as who can actually sit there and enjoy it, compared to who will be just waiting for the game to load for 90% of the time. Then again, I might be way off, but it is how it seem's even after the third and fourth time skimming through this thread.

[QUOTE=steev42;150847]Well, I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I abhor the all-or-nothing stats, and if anything is possible to get rid of it, I'm all for it. A rating of desire, in my opinion, is the way to go. Obviously, it's not happening for this one, and that's fine. I'll use the toggle to make everyone available everywhere. But I'd definitely like it if it is different in the future. Would be a major bonus. (Example, Just in case it's not clear) Kikkawa definitely wants to stay in Japan. He's got an A* for Japan, F for everywhere else. Good to go. It would be really hard to convince him to leave. Guaranteed title shots, lots of money, travel expenses, etc. Bruce the Giant doesn't care. He's spent time in both the US and Japan, and has an A in both. He'll work in Europe or UK, but he doesn't think they have a good enough scene. C+. Canada he sees as a mini US, maybe a B+.[/QUOTE] I understood what you were saying before, and now. I only dissagree with you, because I think what I am hearing from the other side is the time needed to implement, pluss the time needed for the program to go through each and every worker to see if any new territory has been added for them to be able to work in (waiting for the computer to load the next day), making the gameplay worse (as lesser computer system's will take alot longer to load). The overall reason (outside of it not being in before the deadline) seem's to be gameplay. Keeping the game as fun as possible, and real as possible, without the loss of gameplay (actually playing the game, not watching the next screen load). This is something that is very important to any popular game for computer's, as the more a game needs to do, the more limited the product is, far as who can actually sit there and enjoy it, compared to who will be just waiting for the game to load for 90% of the time. Then again, I might be way off, but it is how it seem's even after the third and fourth time skimming through this thread.

[QUOTE=monkeyfish;150312]I know you said that if you offer someone enough money that i on hiatus they may come back, but what about someone that is in japan that you are trying to lure to the U.S, ? If it's not in you should defenitly add the ability to lure players from differnt areas![/QUOTE] Since Adam has said he added a toggle switch to make every available everywhere the only place this would actually have any effect would be in the area of guys who are majorly over in their own country/region. Take Eisaku Hoshino he is an A or A* in Japan and like a D in the US. Even when he is available to work in the US he will refuse to because of his high overness in Japan. I have often wanted to bring him in because of his skill, but he has always turned me down. It would be nice at the very least for guys like this to be willing to accept PPA contracts perhaps demanding more because of there high overness elsewhere. So you could atleast bring them in, and start to get them over in the US then perhaps they'd be willing to accept a written contract from you, because they can now make an amount they are happy with. Or if a major Japanesse company came calling EH would be able to take their written deal and go back home and make the money he wanted. On a side note, seems to me that way this was in 2005 really misportrayed Japanesse wrestlers. As far as I have been able to tell they usually just want the oppurtunity to showcase their skills and are less worried about where they can make the most money. So it would actually seem move logical that EH or any of those other guys would have been willing to come work in the US, if they were unemployed at home.

[QUOTE=monkeyfish;150312]I know you said that if you offer someone enough money that i on hiatus they may come back, but what about someone that is in japan that you are trying to lure to the U.S, ? If it's not in you should defenitly add the ability to lure players from differnt areas![/QUOTE] Since Adam has said he added a toggle switch to make every available everywhere the only place this would actually have any effect would be in the area of guys who are majorly over in their own country/region. Take Eisaku Hoshino he is an A or A* in Japan and like a D in the US. Even when he is available to work in the US he will refuse to because of his high overness in Japan. I have often wanted to bring him in because of his skill, but he has always turned me down. It would be nice at the very least for guys like this to be willing to accept PPA contracts perhaps demanding more because of there high overness elsewhere. So you could atleast bring them in, and start to get them over in the US then perhaps they'd be willing to accept a written contract from you, because they can now make an amount they are happy with. Or if a major Japanesse company came calling EH would be able to take their written deal and go back home and make the money he wanted. On a side note, seems to me that way this was in 2005 really misportrayed Japanesse wrestlers. As far as I have been able to tell they usually just want the oppurtunity to showcase their skills and are less worried about where they can make the most money. So it would actually seem move logical that EH or any of those other guys would have been willing to come work in the US, if they were unemployed at home.

A simple solution to this game area issue would be to make it only apply to AI promotions, if that is possible. That way, we will be able to sign whatever talent we want and won't have to worry about U.S. promotions picking up a large amount of foreign workers.

A simple solution to this game area issue would be to make it only apply to AI promotions, if that is possible. That way, we will be able to sign whatever talent we want and won't have to worry about U.S. promotions picking up a large amount of foreign workers.

[QUOTE=njgio;151555]A simple solution to this game area issue would be to make it only apply to AI promotions, if that is possible. That way, we will be able to sign whatever talent we want and won't have to worry about U.S. promotions picking up a large amount of foreign workers.[/QUOTE] I personal don't care about not being able to sign certain people. It's realistic for Japanese workers to reject the offers of a US based promotion. I just think allowing a few workers each year to alter their available area's would make the game more realistic and fluid. That said it's a really minor change but one I'd like to see.

Archived