Tournament Title

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[QUOTE=Adam Ryland;150377]You can do whatever you want with it. The main point of them is that the AI will use them correctly, booking them as a proper tournament. If you want to have a tournament title defended weekly in a battle royal with only female competitors then that's cool, it's totally up to you - you're the booker remember, there'd be no point in having a feature that limited you're booking ability seeing as that's the main point of the game![/QUOTE] But, & I freely admit I may have got the wrong end of this stick on this, isn't there a limit on how many participants there can be in an angle, & tournaments are angles, right? So to clarify, Adam, you're saying we can/could hold tournaments over any time scale with as many participants we want?

[QUOTE=Adam Ryland;150377]You can do whatever you want with it. The main point of them is that the AI will use them correctly, booking them as a proper tournament. If you want to have a tournament title defended weekly in a battle royal with only female competitors then that's cool, it's totally up to you - you're the booker remember, there'd be no point in having a feature that limited you're booking ability seeing as that's the main point of the game![/QUOTE] But, & I freely admit I may have got the wrong end of this stick on this, isn't there a limit on how many participants there can be in an angle, & tournaments are angles, right? So to clarify, Adam, you're saying we can/could hold tournaments over any time scale with as many participants we want?

[QUOTE]So to clarify, Adam, you're saying we can/could hold tournaments over any time scale with as many participants we want?[/QUOTE] Uh...no, you're putting words into my mouth. I haven't said anything whatsoever about human controlled tournaments even being in the game, let alone how they work or what format they take. The only tournament I've said anything about is the one an AI promotion will use to book a Tournament Title.

[QUOTE]So to clarify, Adam, you're saying we can/could hold tournaments over any time scale with as many participants we want?[/QUOTE] Uh...no, you're putting words into my mouth. I haven't said anything whatsoever about human controlled tournaments even being in the game, let alone how they work or what format they take. The only tournament I've said anything about is the one an AI promotion will use to book a Tournament Title.

[QUOTE=Trashbear;150348]Now Adam, I know you said these are handled the same way as regular titles, but can you make the tournament gimmick match specific?[/QUOTE] I'm not Adam or anything, but I'll bet I can half-answer your question. My guess is that it'll be impossible to make the tournament title specific to a certain gimmick match, but you could still very easily simulate the King of the Deathmatch tournament (or something like it) by just designating the tournament title as being a hardcore title. Same trick works with the X Cup, Super J Cup, etc.

[QUOTE=Trashbear;150348]Now Adam, I know you said these are handled the same way as regular titles, but can you make the tournament gimmick match specific?[/QUOTE] I'm not Adam or anything, but I'll bet I can half-answer your question. My guess is that it'll be impossible to make the tournament title specific to a certain gimmick match, but you could still very easily simulate the King of the Deathmatch tournament (or something like it) by just designating the tournament title as being a hardcore title. Same trick works with the X Cup, Super J Cup, etc.

[QUOTE=GuyInTheCorner;150415]Adam is also being really defensive. Guy makes brilliant games, but geeze, calm down a little.[/QUOTE] I'm not trying to be defensive, I'm trying to give maximum clarity - look at it from my point of view, even the slightest ambivelant statement and it's like world war 3! I went out for four hours, came back, and I've got lots of posts lambasting me for my poor execution of a tournament feature that doesn't even exist! If the only way to stop that happening is to clarify everything then that's what I'll have to do.

[QUOTE=GuyInTheCorner;150415]Adam is also being really defensive. Guy makes brilliant games, but geeze, calm down a little.[/QUOTE] I'm not trying to be defensive, I'm trying to give maximum clarity - look at it from my point of view, even the slightest ambivelant statement and it's like world war 3! I went out for four hours, came back, and I've got lots of posts lambasting me for my poor execution of a tournament feature that doesn't even exist! If the only way to stop that happening is to clarify everything then that's what I'll have to do.

Archived