Total Pro Football

I know this isn’t a Grey Dog software game, but I recently got a copy of TPF 2004 & was hoping to find some updates for it. Would anyone here happen to have the game & perhaps know where I could get a real-player file? I'd like to play a single player game but would prefer to have real players to start rather than the fictional ones. I'm not looking for 2006 rosters or anything (unless someone has is one), just a recent one. Also, if anyone happens to have any other graphics packs (i.e. helmet, logos etc), then could you let me know? Many thanks, Graham.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I really like Total Pro Football. I tend to play a couple of seasons, take a break, and then come back to it. I have high hopes that one day soon we'll see an announcement here that Arlie's doing a new Pro Football game for GDS, and given the track record, that means it should be pretty close to being produced. I uploaded TPF's last patch and unfortunately it's created some issues (can't access the drop down menus on some screens... game speed for instance, which isn't a gamebreaker, but the inability to change salary offers for assistant coaches is). Even so, I still play this game. The stats tracking, the Media screens, the extras like the Mock Draft and the excellent Draft Room along with individual owners makes the game feel more like a Football Universe rather than just controling one team. Other people have mentioned Front Office Football, and while I owned an older version and enjoyed it, it always felt too dry, too much of a numbers game. Just to recap my current League on TPF, I created the WFL (World Football League). The basic concept was that the NFL collapsed, but this coincided with an increased interest in the game around the world (yes, I know, very unlikely). A World Consortium bought out the NFL and claimed half of the franchises. The other half consisted of two Canadian Divisions and two 'world' divisions. I then ran the league for 10 seasons and picked the team I wanted to control, the Amsterdam Admirals. The first five World Bowls were won by NFL teams, and afterwards the league seemed more 'even' (I didn't set it up so that the NFL teams were better, just turned out that way). Amsterdam had a potential stud at WR, Pete Thompson, a bona fide stud at Free Safety (forget the name unfortunately) and one of the all time greats at Defensive End, Bob Toretta. And then the Free Safety retired at the top of his game after only 6-8 seasons in the league. That was the first sign that I'd like the game... most games are very rigid in when a player retires. I eventually landed a linebacker called Travian Urban who felt like LT last season. He had 13 INTs and 9 Forced Fumbles (players with a 10 Create Turnover Rating are cool!) and was 6th in the league in tackles. He literally turned around more than a couple of games in the 2033 season. Trying to find a bookend for him in the 3-4 defense (I had him, two very solid ILBs including one who could be a great one) and had a choice between two OLBs in the draft. I decided to keep trading down until one of them was picked and then snag the second one since I saw little difference between them and my scouts were saying the slightly lower rated one had qualities I preferred. So the first preseason game, I faced the team that took Mike Winters (the slightly higher rated OLB at 3.0/5.0... The guy I took, Dilewg was rated 2.5/5.0). Just when I thought "Hmm, Winters hasn't made a tackle yet while Dilweg has already made 2" I saw: "Donald Headrick is back to pass. He shoots a little floater out to the right that is... INTERCEPTED by Mike Winters. He has nothing but green in front of him!!" While both Dilweg and Winters have a potential 10 in Create Turnover, Winters is the better player against the pass (and probably a bit better overall). I'll be comparing the two of them throughout their career. In the meantime, Bob Toretta has hit his decline. I loved that he and his agent suggested a change in salary when I went to renegotiate to help out the team's cap situation, allowing me to change his role from Franchise Player to Long Term Role on the Team (I've had other players demand a better role in similar situations which is a nice touch). I desperately wanted to get him into the Top 3 in Sacks for his career but it looks like he'll settle out at 6th after he started out with a sack in each of the first five games, got injured and then finished with a couple of sacks when he came back. I got the impression from some of the dynasties on the now defunct .400 Message Boards that some players found the game too easy. I haven't yet, and I can't wait to see a Pro Game from the same designer, Arlie. :)

I really like Total Pro Football. I tend to play a couple of seasons, take a break, and then come back to it. I have high hopes that one day soon we'll see an announcement here that Arlie's doing a new Pro Football game for GDS, and given the track record, that means it should be pretty close to being produced. I uploaded TPF's last patch and unfortunately it's created some issues (can't access the drop down menus on some screens... game speed for instance, which isn't a gamebreaker, but the inability to change salary offers for assistant coaches is). Even so, I still play this game. The stats tracking, the Media screens, the extras like the Mock Draft and the excellent Draft Room along with individual owners makes the game feel more like a Football Universe rather than just controling one team. Other people have mentioned Front Office Football, and while I owned an older version and enjoyed it, it always felt too dry, too much of a numbers game. Just to recap my current League on TPF, I created the WFL (World Football League). The basic concept was that the NFL collapsed, but this coincided with an increased interest in the game around the world (yes, I know, very unlikely). A World Consortium bought out the NFL and claimed half of the franchises. The other half consisted of two Canadian Divisions and two 'world' divisions. I then ran the league for 10 seasons and picked the team I wanted to control, the Amsterdam Admirals. The first five World Bowls were won by NFL teams, and afterwards the league seemed more 'even' (I didn't set it up so that the NFL teams were better, just turned out that way). Amsterdam had a potential stud at WR, Pete Thompson, a bona fide stud at Free Safety (forget the name unfortunately) and one of the all time greats at Defensive End, Bob Toretta. And then the Free Safety retired at the top of his game after only 6-8 seasons in the league. That was the first sign that I'd like the game... most games are very rigid in when a player retires. I eventually landed a linebacker called Travian Urban who felt like LT last season. He had 13 INTs and 9 Forced Fumbles (players with a 10 Create Turnover Rating are cool!) and was 6th in the league in tackles. He literally turned around more than a couple of games in the 2033 season. Trying to find a bookend for him in the 3-4 defense (I had him, two very solid ILBs including one who could be a great one) and had a choice between two OLBs in the draft. I decided to keep trading down until one of them was picked and then snag the second one since I saw little difference between them and my scouts were saying the slightly lower rated one had qualities I preferred. So the first preseason game, I faced the team that took Mike Winters (the slightly higher rated OLB at 3.0/5.0... The guy I took, Dilewg was rated 2.5/5.0). Just when I thought "Hmm, Winters hasn't made a tackle yet while Dilweg has already made 2" I saw: "Donald Headrick is back to pass. He shoots a little floater out to the right that is... INTERCEPTED by Mike Winters. He has nothing but green in front of him!!" While both Dilweg and Winters have a potential 10 in Create Turnover, Winters is the better player against the pass (and probably a bit better overall). I'll be comparing the two of them throughout their career. In the meantime, Bob Toretta has hit his decline. I loved that he and his agent suggested a change in salary when I went to renegotiate to help out the team's cap situation, allowing me to change his role from Franchise Player to Long Term Role on the Team (I've had other players demand a better role in similar situations which is a nice touch). I desperately wanted to get him into the Top 3 in Sacks for his career but it looks like he'll settle out at 6th after he started out with a sack in each of the first five games, got injured and then finished with a couple of sacks when he came back. I got the impression from some of the dynasties on the now defunct .400 Message Boards that some players found the game too easy. I haven't yet, and I can't wait to see a Pro Game from the same designer, Arlie. :)

I registered just to say how much I enjoyed TPF as well. I check in every once in a while to this site just hoping to see an announcement of a new Pro- version from Arlie to be released...so I'm still hoping.:D The market for a TPF-style sim is soooo primed for a new one, albeit an old/new one. There is FoF2k7 & maybe a few other stragglers, but none have the "total package" the way TPF did...and still probably does for people that did not lose it on their laptop that they reformatted without thinking.:o Oh well...I'll try the Bowl Bound demo, which looks awesome, and probably get it when I get enough time to play it...but I think I speak for a lot of people when I say...there are a lot of people waiting to see a new Arlie-made pro football sim. Steve

I registered just to say how much I enjoyed TPF as well. I check in every once in a while to this site just hoping to see an announcement of a new Pro- version from Arlie to be released...so I'm still hoping.:D The market for a TPF-style sim is soooo primed for a new one, albeit an old/new one. There is FoF2k7 & maybe a few other stragglers, but none have the "total package" the way TPF did...and still probably does for people that did not lose it on their laptop that they reformatted without thinking.:o Oh well...I'll try the Bowl Bound demo, which looks awesome, and probably get it when I get enough time to play it...but I think I speak for a lot of people when I say...there are a lot of people waiting to see a new Arlie-made pro football sim. Steve

Do you mean something like this? :) [url]http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showpost.php?p=158811&postcount=106[/url] [QUOTE=Arlie Rahn;158811]Guys, the update was finalized last night. I could look at small issues from now until next October and still have an "odd issue with the poll" or "stats a little off on fumbles". Most poll issues that may crop up from time to time end up working themselves out by weeks 14-15 or so. I did, however, make one more adjustment on defensive TOs based on some other feedback (much like Nukester here). So, that should be a little better for 1.50. Right now, I am going to spend this weekend updating the demo and then shift to pro football. I will probably be opening a pro forum in the next couple weeks to start getting some ideas. I really appreciate all the feedback and I think that BBCF has greatly benefited from the time and effort you guys have put in. It's gotten to the point where I have a hard time remembering that this is still only a "first version" sports sim and I think the future is very bright for this football line.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=GTMarc;159948]Do you mean something like this? :) [url]http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showpost.php?p=158811&postcount=106[/url][/QUOTE] SWEET! I recently downloaded a demo of BBCF and although I've only played two games on the schedule, I'm hooked. I'd love to see a pro version.

Archived