Turnover Margin

Arlie.....At the completion of a season, I printed out the Team Overview Report. Under team stats, turnover margin for the year was shown to be -17(#116 national ranking) under the offensive heading. I reviewed the game box score stats and verified that my team had a total of 14 TO's while my opponents committed 31 for the net of 17. My question is why the report reflects a minus (-) 17 and a national ranking of 116? It seems to me it should be something like a plus (+) 17 with a national ranking say #10/#25. What is the total number of teams in Division 1? ( Playing v1.1 unmodified for teams and conferences, etc.) I'm thinking if the total is say something like 130, I could subtract 116 from 130 and have a national ranking of say #14 in this example. TXS:)

I second this... Just checked stats on my online league team. Through 9 games it shows us in the overall stats at turnover margin of 13 ranked #10. I look at the stats and see that we have thrown 17 interceptions annd have lost 5 fumbles. We have 4 defensive interceptions and 5 fumbles for 9 takeaways. This should be minus 13 turnovers. The program seems to be calculating this backwards.:eek:

I second this... Just checked stats on my online league team. Through 9 games it shows us in the overall stats at turnover margin of 13 ranked #10. I look at the stats and see that we have thrown 17 interceptions annd have lost 5 fumbles. We have 4 defensive interceptions and 5 fumbles for 9 takeaways. This should be minus 13 turnovers. The program seems to be calculating this backwards.:eek:

Archived