Recruiting Questions

I am playing as an elite school with prestige now at 84. During the recruiting process I start off with about 7-11 5 star players that express a VERY HIGH interest in my school during week 1. When I look at their individual profiles, they typically have 1-3 offers all ready at the start of week 1 from other elite programs. Are there any positive or negative effects regarding the timing of offers and visits presented to recruits? Do I loose ground by not making offers the first week? With ony 5 visits per week, do I lose ground by offering visits during week 2 to the remaining 5 star guys? Are there any negative consequences from removing and offer to a candidate, but still recruit the player with max dollars per week? TXS:)

[QUOTE=Dave Hansen;150456]Are there any positive or negative effects regarding the timing of offers and visits presented to recruits?[/quote] If a player wants to make his decision at a certain week and you haven't made an offer, you will lose him. Also, recruits visits are subject to that player's availability. Just because a player can visit in week 4 doesn't mean he will be able to in week 7. [quote]Do I loose ground by not making offers the first week?[/quote] Offers do have an impact on their interest, so you might. [quote]With ony 5 visits per week, do I lose ground by offering visits during week 2 to the remaining 5 star guys?[/quote] Visits also impact interest. So, if you plan on having a player visit in the latter weeks, you may be behind other schools until that visit. [quote]Are there any negative consequences from removing and offer to a candidate, but still recruit the player with max dollars per week?[/quote] It's unlikely a player will commit without an offer and the fact you gave him an offer helps his interest.

[QUOTE=Dave Hansen;150456]Are there any positive or negative effects regarding the timing of offers and visits presented to recruits?[/quote] If a player wants to make his decision at a certain week and you haven't made an offer, you will lose him. Also, recruits visits are subject to that player's availability. Just because a player can visit in week 4 doesn't mean he will be able to in week 7. [quote]Do I loose ground by not making offers the first week?[/quote] Offers do have an impact on their interest, so you might. [quote]With ony 5 visits per week, do I lose ground by offering visits during week 2 to the remaining 5 star guys?[/quote] Visits also impact interest. So, if you plan on having a player visit in the latter weeks, you may be behind other schools until that visit. [quote]Are there any negative consequences from removing and offer to a candidate, but still recruit the player with max dollars per week?[/quote] It's unlikely a player will commit without an offer and the fact you gave him an offer helps his interest.

Archived