Bound for Glory thread

mystic

since Bound for glory is coming up, I decided to make a thread for it. Any thoughts you have feel free to discuss. just checked ticketmaster.com for 4 tickets best available and it gave me floor section 4 row 6. I don't know the exact layout they will have but at this point I think having open seating on the floor seating is bad news for TNA. I wonder what the realistic goal profit wise is for the company? also according to the site "All of the $150 & $125 seating will be receiving a free DVD "Bound for Glory 2005" with this price purchase". (sold out)

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
thoughts on matches made for Bound for Glory [QUOTE=Tyler Gadzinski;150635]i think Kurt will debut as a special enforcer in the Sting Jarrett match and Jarrett will try leaving the ring and Kurt will attack him and then throw Jarrett back in the ring and Sting will apply the Scorpian Death Lock for the win[/QUOTE] sadly that is the first thing I thought of when the announcement was made for Kurt. Even though it sets up an easy Angle vs. Jarrett match I personally would like a title match with a clean finish where Angle does not get involved. [U][B]As for the other matches:[/B][/U] [U][B]Styles and Daniels vs. LAX (six sides of steel)[/B][/U] Should be a good match as Styles and Daniels win. Only question is when does the Styles and Daniels vs. Team 3-D match happen. [U][B]Senshi vs. Chris Sanbin (X-divison title)[/B][/U] I have lost respect for Sabin with these “Jackass” skits. I hope Senshi kicks his teeth in but I have a feeling the Sabin walks out with the gold. [U][B]Runt vs. Abyss vs. Raven vs. Joe (Mosters ball)[/B][/U] Joe wins to continue his “streak” the only reason he is in the match is because they have nothing for him right now. I think a Joe vs. Abyss fallout would be cool [U][B]Rhino vs. Christian Cage (8-mile street fight)[/B][/U] Unofficial #1 contenders match in my opinion. If they want to please the Detroit fans Rhino wins, if they want to have an opponent for Sting that has a little bit of a storyline behind it Cage wins. (sting gets revenge on cage for costing him the match with Jarrett). I think cage will win.

thoughts on matches made for Bound for Glory [QUOTE=Tyler Gadzinski;150635]i think Kurt will debut as a special enforcer in the Sting Jarrett match and Jarrett will try leaving the ring and Kurt will attack him and then throw Jarrett back in the ring and Sting will apply the Scorpian Death Lock for the win[/QUOTE] sadly that is the first thing I thought of when the announcement was made for Kurt. Even though it sets up an easy Angle vs. Jarrett match I personally would like a title match with a clean finish where Angle does not get involved. [U][B]As for the other matches:[/B][/U] [U][B]Styles and Daniels vs. LAX (six sides of steel)[/B][/U] Should be a good match as Styles and Daniels win. Only question is when does the Styles and Daniels vs. Team 3-D match happen. [U][B]Senshi vs. Chris Sanbin (X-divison title)[/B][/U] I have lost respect for Sabin with these “Jackass” skits. I hope Senshi kicks his teeth in but I have a feeling the Sabin walks out with the gold. [U][B]Runt vs. Abyss vs. Raven vs. Joe (Mosters ball)[/B][/U] Joe wins to continue his “streak” the only reason he is in the match is because they have nothing for him right now. I think a Joe vs. Abyss fallout would be cool [U][B]Rhino vs. Christian Cage (8-mile street fight)[/B][/U] Unofficial #1 contenders match in my opinion. If they want to please the Detroit fans Rhino wins, if they want to have an opponent for Sting that has a little bit of a storyline behind it Cage wins. (sting gets revenge on cage for costing him the match with Jarrett). I think cage will win.

[QUOTE=Franchise22;150671]jarrett wins one or the other, amd post match angle lays him out staking his claim as top contender. show goes off air with angle holding the belt standing over a layed out jarrett.:D thats how id book it.[/QUOTE] I'd agree with that, however I wouldn't make it nearly that clear cut. The finish works don't get me wrong but you have to find some way to let folks know that Samoa Joe figures the shot is his, cause he beat Jarrett in the Fan's Revenge match. That way you not only set Angle/Jarrett but Angle Joe as well. Just a thought. :)

[QUOTE=Franchise22;150671]jarrett wins one or the other, amd post match angle lays him out staking his claim as top contender. show goes off air with angle holding the belt standing over a layed out jarrett.:D thats how id book it.[/QUOTE] I'd agree with that, however I wouldn't make it nearly that clear cut. The finish works don't get me wrong but you have to find some way to let folks know that Samoa Joe figures the shot is his, cause he beat Jarrett in the Fan's Revenge match. That way you not only set Angle/Jarrett but Angle Joe as well. Just a thought. :)

My thoughts in bold. [U][B]Styles and Daniels vs. LAX (six sides of steel)[/B][/U] Should be a good match as Styles and Daniels win. Only question is when does the Styles and Daniels vs. Team 3-D match happen. [B]I'm not so sure it's quite that easy. I'm not sure why but I get the impression that TNA is trying to build a long feud between these two teams, like they did with AMW and XXX back in TNA's earlier days or perhaps a three way feud that also involves the Naturals. That's just my opinion though.[/B] [U][B]Senshi vs. Chris Sanbin (X-divison title)[/B][/U] I have lost respect for Sabin with these “Jackass” skits. I hope Senshi kicks his teeth in but I have a feeling the Sabin walks out with the gold. [B]I empathise with your dislike of the Jackass skits and it annoys me that TNA had to choose them as a sponser. Why not SNK as a sponser? They could've had one of the TNA Knockouts dressed up as Mai Shiranui or Athena. ;) Serously though, should be a good match.[/B] [U][B]Runt vs. Abyss vs. Raven vs. Joe (Mosters ball)[/B][/U] Joe wins to continue his “streak” the only reason he is in the match is because they have nothing for him right now. I think a Joe vs. Abyss fallout would be cool [B]I'm not sure if that's the only reason Joe's in the match. With Joe apparently being groomed for a TNA title shot in the future, it wouldn't surprise me if they used this match to set up a feud between Joe and Abyss further down the line. That may just be wishful thinking on my part though.[/B] [U][B]Rhino vs. Christian Cage (8-mile street fight)[/B][/U] Unofficial #1 contenders match in my opinion. If they want to please the Detroit fans Rhino wins, if they want to have an opponent for Sting that has a little bit of a storyline behind it Cage wins. (sting gets revenge on cage for costing him the match with Jarrett). I think cage will win.[/QUOTE] [B]In my opinion it's simple. If Sting wins the belt, then Cage has to win here in order for him to have somebody to feud with. If Sting isn't winning the belt, then they can let the Detroit fans be happy and have Rhino win.[/B]

My thoughts in bold. [U][B]Styles and Daniels vs. LAX (six sides of steel)[/B][/U] Should be a good match as Styles and Daniels win. Only question is when does the Styles and Daniels vs. Team 3-D match happen. [B]I'm not so sure it's quite that easy. I'm not sure why but I get the impression that TNA is trying to build a long feud between these two teams, like they did with AMW and XXX back in TNA's earlier days or perhaps a three way feud that also involves the Naturals. That's just my opinion though.[/B] [U][B]Senshi vs. Chris Sanbin (X-divison title)[/B][/U] I have lost respect for Sabin with these “Jackass” skits. I hope Senshi kicks his teeth in but I have a feeling the Sabin walks out with the gold. [B]I empathise with your dislike of the Jackass skits and it annoys me that TNA had to choose them as a sponser. Why not SNK as a sponser? They could've had one of the TNA Knockouts dressed up as Mai Shiranui or Athena. ;) Serously though, should be a good match.[/B] [U][B]Runt vs. Abyss vs. Raven vs. Joe (Mosters ball)[/B][/U] Joe wins to continue his “streak” the only reason he is in the match is because they have nothing for him right now. I think a Joe vs. Abyss fallout would be cool [B]I'm not sure if that's the only reason Joe's in the match. With Joe apparently being groomed for a TNA title shot in the future, it wouldn't surprise me if they used this match to set up a feud between Joe and Abyss further down the line. That may just be wishful thinking on my part though.[/B] [U][B]Rhino vs. Christian Cage (8-mile street fight)[/B][/U] Unofficial #1 contenders match in my opinion. If they want to please the Detroit fans Rhino wins, if they want to have an opponent for Sting that has a little bit of a storyline behind it Cage wins. (sting gets revenge on cage for costing him the match with Jarrett). I think cage will win.[/QUOTE] [B]In my opinion it's simple. If Sting wins the belt, then Cage has to win here in order for him to have somebody to feud with. If Sting isn't winning the belt, then they can let the Detroit fans be happy and have Rhino win.[/B]

hopefully they make the rest of the matches for bound for glory next week. I say this because heading into the biggest pay per view you need more then 3 days of "offical" match build up because if you leave them till the very end you really can't use them to hype the pay per view. that said I see a 4 way tag match between Team 3-D, AMW, James Gang and the Naturals happening. (Team 3-D wins, in another match where TNA attempts to get everyone on the card so no one feels left out) I [U][B]do not [/B][/U]want to see eric young vs. Larry Zbyszko at B.F.G. Their [U][B]has[/B][/U] to be another X-divison match on the card. what other matches do you see happening for the ppv? **thoughts are from me only. I have not read any spoilers so I do not know if these are happening**

hopefully they make the rest of the matches for bound for glory next week. I say this because heading into the biggest pay per view you need more then 3 days of "offical" match build up because if you leave them till the very end you really can't use them to hype the pay per view. that said I see a 4 way tag match between Team 3-D, AMW, James Gang and the Naturals happening. (Team 3-D wins, in another match where TNA attempts to get everyone on the card so no one feels left out) I [U][B]do not [/B][/U]want to see eric young vs. Larry Zbyszko at B.F.G. Their [U][B]has[/B][/U] to be another X-divison match on the card. what other matches do you see happening for the ppv? **thoughts are from me only. I have not read any spoilers so I do not know if these are happening**

I wish I knew the full card, but here's what I would do so far. The most important thing to remember is that Joe has more than earned his shot at the big one and that we don't know how long it will be before Kurt actually steps into the ring to compete. Personally, I feel that Kurt has to earn his TNA stripes before he is allowed into the title picture, he shouldn't just be thrown in. [b][u]Styles and Daniels vs. LAX (six sides of steel)[/b][/u] I assume this is for the tag titles but since I can't remember reading the spoilers I have no idea if that is the case. Its tough to call a winner in this one but whatever happens, I hope to see the losers jump back into the X-division. And since I've seen lots of AJ/Daniels there already, I'm hoping to see Homicide do that. My winners: AJ/Daniels. [b][u]Senshi vs. Chris Sabin (X-divison title)[/b][/u] Low Ki, I hope you kick ten shades of.... stuff out of Sabin here. I cant see him losing the belt here even though Sabin is still a worthy champ. Hopefully Ki retains and works a programme against the LAX... or maybe even joins them? Who knows.... [b][u]Runt vs. Abyss vs. Raven vs. Joe (Mosters ball)[/u][/b] Joe has more than staked his claim for the NWA title, beating Jarrett and now stealing the belt too. This match will obviously be bloody and brutal and I predict Joe to pick up the win over Raven to get another victory over a former NWA champ. Not only does it build him even more momentum, but it will lead to his title shot at the next PPV... where I hope he'd finally get the belt. [b][u]Rhino vs. Christian Cage (8-mile street fight)[/b][/u] I see this as a testing ground for a PPV main event two months down the line vs Joe. It wouldn't surprise me to see Rhino pick up the win here to stake his claim for a top spot while Cage goes on to a feud with Kurt Angle when he steps into the ring. Remember, they were meant to be friends years back in the Team RECK days... ain't it funny how only Edge is left with WWE now? And how they've all been world champs since then? Hmm.... [u][b]Sting vs Jeff Jarrett (c) for the NWA World Championship (Kurt Angle as special enforcer)[/u][/b] I don't want Sting to win this... I really don't. Personally I'm hoping for Double J to lose to Samoa Joe next month for the title since Joe seems to me to be the obvious #1 contender. However, Sting is still contracted and I don't know what TNA would do with him if he were to lose this match. Sting could possibly do his rafters routine and try to screw with JJ even after he's gone, possibly making JJ lose the belt one PPV from now... or (and we know TNA booking) making Joe lose his streak thanks to a heel turn... that would make me sad. Either way, I hope JJ wins this match and moves on to face Joe. Whatever happens, I hope therre are more X-division matches and hopefully another tag match. We need the Deadlys or The James Gang on the card along with whoever else is doing the rounds that I can't be bothered remembering. [b]Rubbish fact:[/b] I used to have a tag team called Bound For Glory that myself and a friend started up in Shootclub over two years ago now! We ruled! :)

I wish I knew the full card, but here's what I would do so far. The most important thing to remember is that Joe has more than earned his shot at the big one and that we don't know how long it will be before Kurt actually steps into the ring to compete. Personally, I feel that Kurt has to earn his TNA stripes before he is allowed into the title picture, he shouldn't just be thrown in. [b][u]Styles and Daniels vs. LAX (six sides of steel)[/b][/u] I assume this is for the tag titles but since I can't remember reading the spoilers I have no idea if that is the case. Its tough to call a winner in this one but whatever happens, I hope to see the losers jump back into the X-division. And since I've seen lots of AJ/Daniels there already, I'm hoping to see Homicide do that. My winners: AJ/Daniels. [b][u]Senshi vs. Chris Sabin (X-divison title)[/b][/u] Low Ki, I hope you kick ten shades of.... stuff out of Sabin here. I cant see him losing the belt here even though Sabin is still a worthy champ. Hopefully Ki retains and works a programme against the LAX... or maybe even joins them? Who knows.... [b][u]Runt vs. Abyss vs. Raven vs. Joe (Mosters ball)[/u][/b] Joe has more than staked his claim for the NWA title, beating Jarrett and now stealing the belt too. This match will obviously be bloody and brutal and I predict Joe to pick up the win over Raven to get another victory over a former NWA champ. Not only does it build him even more momentum, but it will lead to his title shot at the next PPV... where I hope he'd finally get the belt. [b][u]Rhino vs. Christian Cage (8-mile street fight)[/b][/u] I see this as a testing ground for a PPV main event two months down the line vs Joe. It wouldn't surprise me to see Rhino pick up the win here to stake his claim for a top spot while Cage goes on to a feud with Kurt Angle when he steps into the ring. Remember, they were meant to be friends years back in the Team RECK days... ain't it funny how only Edge is left with WWE now? And how they've all been world champs since then? Hmm.... [u][b]Sting vs Jeff Jarrett (c) for the NWA World Championship (Kurt Angle as special enforcer)[/u][/b] I don't want Sting to win this... I really don't. Personally I'm hoping for Double J to lose to Samoa Joe next month for the title since Joe seems to me to be the obvious #1 contender. However, Sting is still contracted and I don't know what TNA would do with him if he were to lose this match. Sting could possibly do his rafters routine and try to screw with JJ even after he's gone, possibly making JJ lose the belt one PPV from now... or (and we know TNA booking) making Joe lose his streak thanks to a heel turn... that would make me sad. Either way, I hope JJ wins this match and moves on to face Joe. Whatever happens, I hope therre are more X-division matches and hopefully another tag match. We need the Deadlys or The James Gang on the card along with whoever else is doing the rounds that I can't be bothered remembering. [b]Rubbish fact:[/b] I used to have a tag team called Bound For Glory that myself and a friend started up in Shootclub over two years ago now! We ruled! :)

I just got tickets for TNA's Bound for Glory in 2 weeks. I got the $40 ones. I am so excited about it and throughout the show I am gonna be chanting "don't fire Eric." Eric Young is officially one of my favorite wrestlers. I think he will start wearing a mask and will be hilarious. Anyways I am in the 2nd level. Section 14 Row C seats 14,15,and 16 I think. I do not have them with me right now. I will take a lot of pictures and post them after the event.

I just got tickets for TNA's Bound for Glory in 2 weeks. I got the $40 ones. I am so excited about it and throughout the show I am gonna be chanting "don't fire Eric." Eric Young is officially one of my favorite wrestlers. I think he will start wearing a mask and will be hilarious. Anyways I am in the 2nd level. Section 14 Row C seats 14,15,and 16 I think. I do not have them with me right now. I will take a lot of pictures and post them after the event.

Archived