Bound for Glory thread

mystic

I guess this makes me 5-3 if you include the X-Gauntlet invitational, but hey Petey was there til the end, and I thought Starr would make an impact. Overall a lot of it was predictable but I was surprised that you've seen the hot shotting of tag titles, but I hope they don't drag it out too long where they don't know how to end it. I guess Sting is your transitional champion. Oh and just because someone is on tv doesn't mean they have the momentum, it's a matter of how they're used in their moments on tv and the Naturals weren't doing anything that screamed #1 tag contenders.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I guess this makes me 5-3 if you include the X-Gauntlet invitational, but hey Petey was there til the end, and I thought Starr would make an impact. Overall a lot of it was predictable but I was surprised that you've seen the hot shotting of tag titles, but I hope they don't drag it out too long where they don't know how to end it. I guess Sting is your transitional champion. Oh and just because someone is on tv doesn't mean they have the momentum, it's a matter of how they're used in their moments on tv and the Naturals weren't doing anything that screamed #1 tag contenders.

Well the Naturals did win a big gauntlet match on the last PPV, the one before Bound for Glory to get the title shot. That would seem to scream #1 contender to me. :p Sarcasm aside, I see the point you're trying to make. At any rate it's pretty much a moot point, since even if the Dudleys didn't have momentum before they surely have it now.

Well the Naturals did win a big gauntlet match on the last PPV, the one before Bound for Glory to get the title shot. That would seem to scream #1 contender to me. :p Sarcasm aside, I see the point you're trying to make. At any rate it's pretty much a moot point, since even if the Dudleys didn't have momentum before they surely have it now.

[QUOTE=MightyDavidson;155835]I wonder if they're going to do a long term feud between LAX and Styles/Daniels they way they did for XXX and AMW? It doesn't seem like the issue is really settled yet, at least in my opinion. That said, I'm not quite sure how exactly they could blow it off that wouldn't seem like a let down from what they've done already. All I know is, if it is over it's a damn shame it ended so quickly.[/QUOTE] I think that 3D will take over for Styles and Daniels to feud w/ LAX.. after that quick push and 3D supposedly starting from the bottom and working up.. that win over the rest of the top tag teams sealed it in my view...

[QUOTE=MightyDavidson;155835]I wonder if they're going to do a long term feud between LAX and Styles/Daniels they way they did for XXX and AMW? It doesn't seem like the issue is really settled yet, at least in my opinion. That said, I'm not quite sure how exactly they could blow it off that wouldn't seem like a let down from what they've done already. All I know is, if it is over it's a damn shame it ended so quickly.[/QUOTE] I think that 3D will take over for Styles and Daniels to feud w/ LAX.. after that quick push and 3D supposedly starting from the bottom and working up.. that win over the rest of the top tag teams sealed it in my view...

That was one AWESOME PPV. I have to agree with an earlier poster on the fact that TNA's TV show does not do justice to its 3 hour PPV's. Once they get a second hour its going to be a whole new ball game in the world of pro-wrestling, thats a guarantee. One hour is just not enough time for them to showcase everything they have. TNA has a great mix of guys that can talk on the mic and put on 5 * matches everytime. The two greatest matches of the night were easily Sabin vs Senshi and LAX vs. Styles/Daniels. As far as whats next well this is how I see it. Jarrett should step back from the main event scene for a while and the next fued we should see is Sting and Cage. Cage won that match over Rhino so, in my mind, that sets him up for a major push back into the World Title scene to finish what he started with Sting two months ago. By the next PPV if we are not seeing Samoa Joe vs. Kurt Angle then TNA would have dropped the ball. However I feel that they should have not rushed this the way they have. This has got to be the most anticipated match in TNA history and they should have drawn this meeting out a little more. If Angle wins, then Joe would have been handed his first loose before becoming the World Champion and that would have negated this whole winning streak and build up for him. If Angle looses then he would have lost his first TNA match and that does not make in look strong at all. TNA has pulled amazing things out of there hats in the past so I have high hopes for this one. AMW vs LAX is a given. After the attack on Gail Kim it has automaticlly made them faces again. Plus the way they were talking last night was like they were the good guys again. AMW is one of the best Tag Teams in the history of wrestling period and LAX is the hottest thing going right now so its a no brainer where this will go. Again I say the Sabin/Senshi match was AWESOME. THAT is the X-Division I remember and I hope to see more of it. That match could have headlined ANY show and been a HUGE draw. It was that good. As far as whats next, I dont know for sure. After Aries (I mean Starr) won the Open Invitational I expect him to get a MAJOR push in the X-Division, however I could see a rivalry forming between him and Alex Shelly which could produce more 5* matches for TNA. The way the crowd reacted to Alex Shelly last night was amazing and TNA could easly turn him face right now to fued with a heel Starr. As far as the X-Title is concerend, man the division could blow up right now and anything is possible. Thats some of the major things that I see right now. Perhaps a Robert Roode vs. Ron Killings mini-fued (man Ms. Brooks is hot!). I have no idea where Rhino goes from here. This is why TNA needs another mid-card non-Xdivision title. Perhaps bring back the NWA World TV Title? Who knows. All and all I think we can put to rest the fears that Vince Russo would destroy TNA with his booking. So far things have been going very good and the Impacts under his booking have been very good (althought the matches have been WAY too short for TNA, another reason why we need 2 hours). Its a good time to be a TNA fan. Edit: I ment to say that Sting and Cage should go at it next, not Jarrett and Cage.

That was one AWESOME PPV. I have to agree with an earlier poster on the fact that TNA's TV show does not do justice to its 3 hour PPV's. Once they get a second hour its going to be a whole new ball game in the world of pro-wrestling, thats a guarantee. One hour is just not enough time for them to showcase everything they have. TNA has a great mix of guys that can talk on the mic and put on 5 * matches everytime. The two greatest matches of the night were easily Sabin vs Senshi and LAX vs. Styles/Daniels. As far as whats next well this is how I see it. Jarrett should step back from the main event scene for a while and the next fued we should see is Sting and Cage. Cage won that match over Rhino so, in my mind, that sets him up for a major push back into the World Title scene to finish what he started with Sting two months ago. By the next PPV if we are not seeing Samoa Joe vs. Kurt Angle then TNA would have dropped the ball. However I feel that they should have not rushed this the way they have. This has got to be the most anticipated match in TNA history and they should have drawn this meeting out a little more. If Angle wins, then Joe would have been handed his first loose before becoming the World Champion and that would have negated this whole winning streak and build up for him. If Angle looses then he would have lost his first TNA match and that does not make in look strong at all. TNA has pulled amazing things out of there hats in the past so I have high hopes for this one. AMW vs LAX is a given. After the attack on Gail Kim it has automaticlly made them faces again. Plus the way they were talking last night was like they were the good guys again. AMW is one of the best Tag Teams in the history of wrestling period and LAX is the hottest thing going right now so its a no brainer where this will go. Again I say the Sabin/Senshi match was AWESOME. THAT is the X-Division I remember and I hope to see more of it. That match could have headlined ANY show and been a HUGE draw. It was that good. As far as whats next, I dont know for sure. After Aries (I mean Starr) won the Open Invitational I expect him to get a MAJOR push in the X-Division, however I could see a rivalry forming between him and Alex Shelly which could produce more 5* matches for TNA. The way the crowd reacted to Alex Shelly last night was amazing and TNA could easly turn him face right now to fued with a heel Starr. As far as the X-Title is concerend, man the division could blow up right now and anything is possible. Thats some of the major things that I see right now. Perhaps a Robert Roode vs. Ron Killings mini-fued (man Ms. Brooks is hot!). I have no idea where Rhino goes from here. This is why TNA needs another mid-card non-Xdivision title. Perhaps bring back the NWA World TV Title? Who knows. All and all I think we can put to rest the fears that Vince Russo would destroy TNA with his booking. So far things have been going very good and the Impacts under his booking have been very good (althought the matches have been WAY too short for TNA, another reason why we need 2 hours). Its a good time to be a TNA fan. Edit: I ment to say that Sting and Cage should go at it next, not Jarrett and Cage.

well stated Stallion, it was indeed a ppv for the ages, only thing was the Sting Jarrett match was too short... needed to be at least 30 minutes.. I think Russo will do good as a booker.. I just hope they keep the mic out of his hands.. and he doesn't become the main figure.. if they can keep him at bay, then he should do well as a booker and really help them out..

well stated Stallion, it was indeed a ppv for the ages, only thing was the Sting Jarrett match was too short... needed to be at least 30 minutes.. I think Russo will do good as a booker.. I just hope they keep the mic out of his hands.. and he doesn't become the main figure.. if they can keep him at bay, then he should do well as a booker and really help them out..

Didn't see the PPV last night as it only gets shown over here next Sunday, but it looks like it was great. One question: When looking through the results, I saw on the pre-game show that Samoa Joe was waiting for Angle in the parking lot. Wasn't he supposed to be locked up for his Monster's Ball match or am I crazy?

Didn't see the PPV last night as it only gets shown over here next Sunday, but it looks like it was great. One question: When looking through the results, I saw on the pre-game show that Samoa Joe was waiting for Angle in the parking lot. Wasn't he supposed to be locked up for his Monster's Ball match or am I crazy?

[QUOTE=Marshall;155885]Didn't see the PPV last night as it only gets shown over here next Sunday, but it looks like it was great. One question: When looking through the results, I saw on the pre-game show that Samoa Joe was waiting for Angle in the parking lot. Wasn't he supposed to be locked up for his Monster's Ball match or am I crazy?[/QUOTE] Yea, the gimmick for the original Monsters Ball match was that the workers were locked up for 24 hours without food or water. The last monsters ball match dropped that idea and this one followed suit. I think the premise behind monsters ball now is just 4 distructive forces going at it in a no-holds barred enviornment. And yes, Brother Runt is a disructive force, the guys a maniac!

[QUOTE=Marshall;155885]Didn't see the PPV last night as it only gets shown over here next Sunday, but it looks like it was great. One question: When looking through the results, I saw on the pre-game show that Samoa Joe was waiting for Angle in the parking lot. Wasn't he supposed to be locked up for his Monster's Ball match or am I crazy?[/QUOTE] Yea, the gimmick for the original Monsters Ball match was that the workers were locked up for 24 hours without food or water. The last monsters ball match dropped that idea and this one followed suit. I think the premise behind monsters ball now is just 4 distructive forces going at it in a no-holds barred enviornment. And yes, Brother Runt is a disructive force, the guys a maniac!

You know Travis, it's really a shame to have you completely ruin such a great post with this garbage: [QUOTE=Travis;155831]Better than any other show anywhere. If you didn't like this, your not a wrestling fan.[/QUOTE] Sorry, I saw the PPV and I enjoyed it but I'm not arrogant enough to think it's the best show ever done. I'm also not self-absorbed enough to think that a person who didn't particularly like this show isn't a wrestling fan. Even my friends who are HUGE WWE marks could only sit there and say, "OH SH--" repeatedly during the broadcast but I also know my puroresu loving friends would've poopoo'd on every match except possibly Senshi-Sabin (MAYBE). Are they not wrestling fans? Seriously, it was a great show and you made a great summary post about it........except for those two lines. You can praise something without disparaging your audience, you know.

You know Travis, it's really a shame to have you completely ruin such a great post with this garbage: [QUOTE=Travis;155831]Better than any other show anywhere. If you didn't like this, your not a wrestling fan.[/QUOTE] Sorry, I saw the PPV and I enjoyed it but I'm not arrogant enough to think it's the best show ever done. I'm also not self-absorbed enough to think that a person who didn't particularly like this show isn't a wrestling fan. Even my friends who are HUGE WWE marks could only sit there and say, "OH SH--" repeatedly during the broadcast but I also know my puroresu loving friends would've poopoo'd on every match except possibly Senshi-Sabin (MAYBE). Are they not wrestling fans? Seriously, it was a great show and you made a great summary post about it........except for those two lines. You can praise something without disparaging your audience, you know.

Great artical and he hit the nail right on the head. TNA is growing by the minute and it was obvious by the PPV. TNA has the fan base there, no its time to really turn it up a notch and get more viewers. Once we hit primetime, I see the numbers going up, at least to a 1.5 if not 2.0 withing the first couple of weeks. Way to go TNA!

Great artical and he hit the nail right on the head. TNA is growing by the minute and it was obvious by the PPV. TNA has the fan base there, no its time to really turn it up a notch and get more viewers. Once we hit primetime, I see the numbers going up, at least to a 1.5 if not 2.0 withing the first couple of weeks. Way to go TNA!

Just came across this and thought it was an interesting read. [COLOR="Red"]The following is from TNAWrestling.com Exclusive Post-PPV Interviews With Kurt Angle & Samoa Joe Interviews October 23rd, 2006 21:04 EXCLUSIVE POST BOUND FOR GLORY INTERVIEWS WITH KURT ANGLE AND SAMOA JOE By Brian Fritz On Sunday night following the Bound For Glory Pay-Per-View event, Brian Fritz caught up with both Kurt Angle and Samoa Joe to get their comments on the epic event as well as their confrontation. INTERVIEW WITH KURT ANGLE Olympic gold medalist Kurt Angle made a huge impression at the TNA Bound For Glory Pay-Per-View. He was the special ringside enforcer during the NWA World Heavyweight Title match and crowned Sting as the new NWA World Heavyweight Champion. Earlier in the show, he had another physical confrontation with Samoa Joe as the two fought with each other, which took over a dozen security members to finally break up. Following the show, TNAwrestling.com’s Brian Fritz caught up with the newest member of TNA, Kurt Angle. FRITZ: First of all Kurt, what were your thoughts on Bound for Glory? ANGLE: It’s probably the best Pay-Per-View I have been in over the last two years. I thought it had a lot of excitement and energy. I think the lineup was perfect starting out with the X Division battle royal. It was phenomenal. I thought the entire show was fantastic leading up to the main event. It was a really strong show. The spot they put me in couldn’t have been any better. I was really happy with everything that happened tonight. It was very good. FRITZ: Once again, you had a confrontation with Samoa Joe on the show. Talk about the two of you facing again. ANGLE: Being an Olympic champion, I am such a competitor that I always shoot for the top. I think Samoa Joe is the biggest threat on the TNA roster. You can talk about Sting and Jeff Jarrett, Abyss and other guys like Rhino and Christian Cage - they are all tremendous. But you’ve got this guy who is about 300 pounds and he moves like a 110-pounder. I don’t hate him and I don’t disrespect him. I actually respect him so much that I fear him. When I fear somebody it puts me in more of a rage and anger. Therefore, I get more threatening to the other guy. Whenever I’m scared is when I do my best. Right now, I am terrified of Samoa Joe but he’s got a lot coming at him when we finally get in the ring, I promise you that. FRITZ: What has it been like to be a part of TNA Wrestling in the short time that you have been here? ANGLE: I feel like I have been set free. I had handcuffs on me for so long. I get to spread my wings here and get to be me and you see what happens. I am, without a doubt, in wrestling. Period. The previous place I wrestled would not allow that to happen. I’m not an arrogant guy. I’m very confident. I am very appreciative of every fan out there, fans that have supported me for so long. I never take them for granted. I try to earn my place, but what I earned before I never got. It was very disappointing. Every time I did something tremendous I ran into a dead end. Here with TNA, the sky is the limit. There is actually no limit to how good and how popular I can be. I’m going to wrestle for TNA for the rest of my career and I’ll probably stay here for the rest of my life. This company is what wrestling is all about. It brings you back to real wrestling. I’m not trying to pick on other companies but this is more real than any other company. This is better for Kurt Angle. This fits the mold better for me. There are no politics. There is no waiting in line. Whoever steps up and delivers will get rewarded and thank goodness I have that opportunity here. The fans are wonderful. I wasn’t expecting to hear the response I got tonight. I’m very humbled by it. At the same time, it makes me more confident that people do like me. I’m not being held back. Wait until I start wrestling. The fans haven’t seen anything yet. My wrestling is what got me to where I am. I can talk all day • I’m good at that but I’m even better at wrestling. Once I start wrestling, God willing, the fans will stick with me. All I want to do is help TNA become mainstream and be the top company in the world. They had the ability to do that before me and now they have even more of an edge. INTERVIEW WITH SAMOA JOE At Bound for Glory, Samoa Joe kept his undefeated streak alive, this time winning the Monster’s Ball match over Abyss, Raven and Brother Runt with Jake “The Snake” Roberts as the special guest referee. Following his win, TNAwrestling.com caught up with Samoa Joe about his match and more. FRITZ: Samoa Joe, please share your thoughts on the Monster’s Ball match which you came out of victorious once again. JOE: At the Monster’s Ball, I did exactly what I said I was going to do. I said I was charged with a mission to come in and destroy everybody in that ring. That’s what I did. I’ll go to any length to complete my mission. And now my mission is Kurt Angle - and I will destroy him. FRITZ: Another huge confrontation between yourself and Kurt Angle. We saw the two of you go face to face last week on iMPACT! and then again at Bound for Glory. JOE: Hey, I came to TNA to have the best matches possible. Let me fight. Let me and Kurt fight. Let’s find out what’s what. He’s an Olympic gold medalist, one of the best wrestlers in the history of the world. But the bottom line is…sure, he can shoot in and he can take a single leg on me, but what’s he going to do when I smash my knee in his face? What is he going to do when I lock him up? What will he do when I choke him out? FRITZ: What are your overall impressions of Bound for Glory for TNA Wrestling? JOE: We said this was the biggest Pay-Per-View in TNA history what we did at Bound for Glory was the greatest thing you could possibly do to make it the greatest Pay-Per-View. We tore the house down. Next month, we’re going to do it all over again. [/COLOR]

Just came across this and thought it was an interesting read. [COLOR="Red"]The following is from TNAWrestling.com Exclusive Post-PPV Interviews With Kurt Angle & Samoa Joe Interviews October 23rd, 2006 21:04 EXCLUSIVE POST BOUND FOR GLORY INTERVIEWS WITH KURT ANGLE AND SAMOA JOE By Brian Fritz On Sunday night following the Bound For Glory Pay-Per-View event, Brian Fritz caught up with both Kurt Angle and Samoa Joe to get their comments on the epic event as well as their confrontation. INTERVIEW WITH KURT ANGLE Olympic gold medalist Kurt Angle made a huge impression at the TNA Bound For Glory Pay-Per-View. He was the special ringside enforcer during the NWA World Heavyweight Title match and crowned Sting as the new NWA World Heavyweight Champion. Earlier in the show, he had another physical confrontation with Samoa Joe as the two fought with each other, which took over a dozen security members to finally break up. Following the show, TNAwrestling.com’s Brian Fritz caught up with the newest member of TNA, Kurt Angle. FRITZ: First of all Kurt, what were your thoughts on Bound for Glory? ANGLE: It’s probably the best Pay-Per-View I have been in over the last two years. I thought it had a lot of excitement and energy. I think the lineup was perfect starting out with the X Division battle royal. It was phenomenal. I thought the entire show was fantastic leading up to the main event. It was a really strong show. The spot they put me in couldn’t have been any better. I was really happy with everything that happened tonight. It was very good. FRITZ: Once again, you had a confrontation with Samoa Joe on the show. Talk about the two of you facing again. ANGLE: Being an Olympic champion, I am such a competitor that I always shoot for the top. I think Samoa Joe is the biggest threat on the TNA roster. You can talk about Sting and Jeff Jarrett, Abyss and other guys like Rhino and Christian Cage - they are all tremendous. But you’ve got this guy who is about 300 pounds and he moves like a 110-pounder. I don’t hate him and I don’t disrespect him. I actually respect him so much that I fear him. When I fear somebody it puts me in more of a rage and anger. Therefore, I get more threatening to the other guy. Whenever I’m scared is when I do my best. Right now, I am terrified of Samoa Joe but he’s got a lot coming at him when we finally get in the ring, I promise you that. FRITZ: What has it been like to be a part of TNA Wrestling in the short time that you have been here? ANGLE: I feel like I have been set free. I had handcuffs on me for so long. I get to spread my wings here and get to be me and you see what happens. I am, without a doubt, in wrestling. Period. The previous place I wrestled would not allow that to happen. I’m not an arrogant guy. I’m very confident. I am very appreciative of every fan out there, fans that have supported me for so long. I never take them for granted. I try to earn my place, but what I earned before I never got. It was very disappointing. Every time I did something tremendous I ran into a dead end. Here with TNA, the sky is the limit. There is actually no limit to how good and how popular I can be. I’m going to wrestle for TNA for the rest of my career and I’ll probably stay here for the rest of my life. This company is what wrestling is all about. It brings you back to real wrestling. I’m not trying to pick on other companies but this is more real than any other company. This is better for Kurt Angle. This fits the mold better for me. There are no politics. There is no waiting in line. Whoever steps up and delivers will get rewarded and thank goodness I have that opportunity here. The fans are wonderful. I wasn’t expecting to hear the response I got tonight. I’m very humbled by it. At the same time, it makes me more confident that people do like me. I’m not being held back. Wait until I start wrestling. The fans haven’t seen anything yet. My wrestling is what got me to where I am. I can talk all day • I’m good at that but I’m even better at wrestling. Once I start wrestling, God willing, the fans will stick with me. All I want to do is help TNA become mainstream and be the top company in the world. They had the ability to do that before me and now they have even more of an edge. INTERVIEW WITH SAMOA JOE At Bound for Glory, Samoa Joe kept his undefeated streak alive, this time winning the Monster’s Ball match over Abyss, Raven and Brother Runt with Jake “The Snake” Roberts as the special guest referee. Following his win, TNAwrestling.com caught up with Samoa Joe about his match and more. FRITZ: Samoa Joe, please share your thoughts on the Monster’s Ball match which you came out of victorious once again. JOE: At the Monster’s Ball, I did exactly what I said I was going to do. I said I was charged with a mission to come in and destroy everybody in that ring. That’s what I did. I’ll go to any length to complete my mission. And now my mission is Kurt Angle - and I will destroy him. FRITZ: Another huge confrontation between yourself and Kurt Angle. We saw the two of you go face to face last week on iMPACT! and then again at Bound for Glory. JOE: Hey, I came to TNA to have the best matches possible. Let me fight. Let me and Kurt fight. Let’s find out what’s what. He’s an Olympic gold medalist, one of the best wrestlers in the history of the world. But the bottom line is…sure, he can shoot in and he can take a single leg on me, but what’s he going to do when I smash my knee in his face? What is he going to do when I lock him up? What will he do when I choke him out? FRITZ: What are your overall impressions of Bound for Glory for TNA Wrestling? JOE: We said this was the biggest Pay-Per-View in TNA history what we did at Bound for Glory was the greatest thing you could possibly do to make it the greatest Pay-Per-View. We tore the house down. Next month, we’re going to do it all over again. [/COLOR]

• 2 weeks later...

Archived