WWE: Rebirth

[QUOTE=G-Prime;156939] Not many wrestling holds in this one, but there are a number present, but nothing it takes much talent to perform, although John Cena does some damage with a hammerlock. (OOC: Apparently Bruce Pritchard (the road agent) wanted him to do an armbar though…) One hold that Cena does get right though, is the STFU, which he hits at around the 18 minute mark, forcing a tap-out on Booker’s behalf. (Rating: A)[/QUOTE] LMAO at the hammerlock / armbar note :D

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[QUOTE=G-Prime;156939] Not many wrestling holds in this one, but there are a number present, but nothing it takes much talent to perform, although John Cena does some damage with a hammerlock. (OOC: Apparently Bruce Pritchard (the road agent) wanted him to do an armbar though…) One hold that Cena does get right though, is the STFU, which he hits at around the 18 minute mark, forcing a tap-out on Booker’s behalf. (Rating: A)[/QUOTE] LMAO at the hammerlock / armbar note :D

[B]1.06 AM[/B] Vince's phone rang. "Vince... It's Bob Wright, from NBC Universal. I caught your little speech and I thought it was only fitting that I was the one to tell you, the board over at the USA Network is dropping the show, I thought you should hear it from me, millionaire to millionaire. Oh that's right... Never mind. Anyway, just thought I'd let you know before they call you in for a meeting." And with that he hung up. "Son of a..." Vince muttered. Triple H came up behind him. "Hey Vince, what happened?" He asked. "That was a guy from the company that owns the network... RAW's getting dropped. We're doomed Paul, without the coverage from RAW, they'll just forget about us. And the PPV providers will drop out on us too. It might not be Judgement Day, it might not be Vengeance, but it will be soon. And then we're nothing. Nothing but a memory. We'll end our careers doing shows in bingo halls..." Vince replied. "Pfft. Yeah right. As soon as this company goes under, I'm going to TNA or WCW, hell, even ROH or ECW. I've got to support your daughter, and that girl's got expensive tastes." Paul Levesque replied. Vince just glared at him. "Uh... I guess I'd better let you go tell the locker room..." He said, backing away from his boss's angry stare. "Yeah..."

[B]1.06 AM[/B] Vince's phone rang. "Vince... It's Bob Wright, from NBC Universal. I caught your little speech and I thought it was only fitting that I was the one to tell you, the board over at the USA Network is dropping the show, I thought you should hear it from me, millionaire to millionaire. Oh that's right... Never mind. Anyway, just thought I'd let you know before they call you in for a meeting." And with that he hung up. "Son of a..." Vince muttered. Triple H came up behind him. "Hey Vince, what happened?" He asked. "That was a guy from the company that owns the network... RAW's getting dropped. We're doomed Paul, without the coverage from RAW, they'll just forget about us. And the PPV providers will drop out on us too. It might not be Judgement Day, it might not be Vengeance, but it will be soon. And then we're nothing. Nothing but a memory. We'll end our careers doing shows in bingo halls..." Vince replied. "Pfft. Yeah right. As soon as this company goes under, I'm going to TNA or WCW, hell, even ROH or ECW. I've got to support your daughter, and that girl's got expensive tastes." Paul Levesque replied. Vince just glared at him. "Uh... I guess I'd better let you go tell the locker room..." He said, backing away from his boss's angry stare. "Yeah..."

[QUOTE=Rob4590;156942]LMAO at the hammerlock / armbar note :D[/QUOTE] I couldn't help it. As soon as I wrote 'wrestling hold' in a John Cena match, I had to say it. For those who don't get the joke: I've got the whole video here, parts 1 and 2, they're like wrestling training videos or something from a couple of years back. It's the UPW training camp I think. What's amazing is they turned out 'Prototype' John Cena from the same place they turned out Chris Daniels and Samoa Joe (well, that's the way the video makes it look, I'm not sure if they got all their training there, but that's where they are in the video).

[QUOTE=Rob4590;156942]LMAO at the hammerlock / armbar note :D[/QUOTE] I couldn't help it. As soon as I wrote 'wrestling hold' in a John Cena match, I had to say it. For those who don't get the joke: I've got the whole video here, parts 1 and 2, they're like wrestling training videos or something from a couple of years back. It's the UPW training camp I think. What's amazing is they turned out 'Prototype' John Cena from the same place they turned out Chris Daniels and Samoa Joe (well, that's the way the video makes it look, I'm not sure if they got all their training there, but that's where they are in the video).

[QUOTE=Rob4590;156946]I guess Joe and Daniels stayed on and did the advanced course..... unlike Cena :D[/QUOTE] You have to realise that Cena is wrestling the way WWE has him wrestle. He done alot of things in the passed, with the likes of Eddie Guerrero, and teamed with people like Edge, etc.. He has done alot better wrestling then the style that is making him popular right now. I just have to add comments like this. The whole SE thing is how it works. Sports Entertainment depends on alot of non-wrestling types watching the shows, and so flash over technique is used. In other words, it looks alot cooler to have a wrestler elbow his way out of a hold, and then use a forearm to take them down to the matt several times... then having them use a technical move to perhaps reverse the lock or hold. There is alot of workers who just brawl on WWE, such as Vito, Triple H, even Sean Michaels and Edge are not really using the skills they are known for anymore. It's just something they think is more entertaining, to have Carlito do a backflip, and then a backbreaker, rather then do some boring technical manuever. I believe it's more of a "What looks good" rather then "What looks real". If they could make sure the camera angle was on the locks and holds, and keep it where the audience can see the technical aspects more clearly, I'm sure they would use it. The only technical parts now-a-days for the WWE, seems to be when they want a wrestler (such as Cena) to go through alot, before they get back on their feet and start brawling again. And by the way, I'm not saying Cena can fight anything Technical, just saying you guys seem to give the guy no credit at all most the time. He is very entertaining in an entertaining promotion. He himself has stated on numerous occasions that he is not going to win a technical match. That's not his style. His style is brawl based, and the moves are very realistic... it's not a slap on the chest (Ric Flair style) that knocks a person from one side of the ring to the other. Have someone slap you on the chest as hard as they can, its not going to bother you as much as a fist to the face, trust me.

[QUOTE=Rob4590;156946]I guess Joe and Daniels stayed on and did the advanced course..... unlike Cena :D[/QUOTE] You have to realise that Cena is wrestling the way WWE has him wrestle. He done alot of things in the passed, with the likes of Eddie Guerrero, and teamed with people like Edge, etc.. He has done alot better wrestling then the style that is making him popular right now. I just have to add comments like this. The whole SE thing is how it works. Sports Entertainment depends on alot of non-wrestling types watching the shows, and so flash over technique is used. In other words, it looks alot cooler to have a wrestler elbow his way out of a hold, and then use a forearm to take them down to the matt several times... then having them use a technical move to perhaps reverse the lock or hold. There is alot of workers who just brawl on WWE, such as Vito, Triple H, even Sean Michaels and Edge are not really using the skills they are known for anymore. It's just something they think is more entertaining, to have Carlito do a backflip, and then a backbreaker, rather then do some boring technical manuever. I believe it's more of a "What looks good" rather then "What looks real". If they could make sure the camera angle was on the locks and holds, and keep it where the audience can see the technical aspects more clearly, I'm sure they would use it. The only technical parts now-a-days for the WWE, seems to be when they want a wrestler (such as Cena) to go through alot, before they get back on their feet and start brawling again. And by the way, I'm not saying Cena can fight anything Technical, just saying you guys seem to give the guy no credit at all most the time. He is very entertaining in an entertaining promotion. He himself has stated on numerous occasions that he is not going to win a technical match. That's not his style. His style is brawl based, and the moves are very realistic... it's not a slap on the chest (Ric Flair style) that knocks a person from one side of the ring to the other. Have someone slap you on the chest as hard as they can, its not going to bother you as much as a fist to the face, trust me.

[B]Monday, May, Week 1 7.00 AM From PWFlashlight.com WWE Done For?[/B] Last week it was announced: For the first time in 13 years, Monday Night RAW is off the air. Next week, I hope to treat you all to a column looking back on all of my favourite RAW memories, but now I'll analyse the situation. WWE has no TV coverage whatsoever. This can be rectified within months, as the summer season starts next month, and word is most of the networks are looking for new programming. If Vince can sign a deal with one of the smaller networks, he could just keep this business afloat. PPV's: With Backlash's low buyrate, we can't help but wonder how long WWE will be able to hang on to their pay per view carriers, but it is of course possible that they can sign a number of smaller companies to ensure they still recieve some revenue. Stars: The WWE still has some of the biggest names in the industry... Hogan, Edge, Batista, Cena, the list goes on. But their contracts won't last forever. And you can't help but wonder, how many of them will go where the money is? How many will go where true superstardom is? Which brings me to... New Talent: Vince's Talent Influx seems to be working fairly well. Antonio Banks, 'Five Star Flash' Mark Belton, Jimmy Yang, The Briscoes, The Backseat Boyz, he even brought back William Regal, Spanky and Paul London. Unfortunately, many of them could go the way of CM Punk, who went for the bigger paycheck in WCW, but look what that got him, jobbing to Matt Anoai on Nitro last week in the opening match. At least WWE had a push for him. Booking: Over the last month, WWE has improved greatly, they've had probably the best shows on Monday nights every week, Backlash was an amazing PPV, the matchs almost seem to be being booked around skill, rather than mic skill. It's like a new company. Vince's shoot comments at the end of RAW have inspired me. I will remain loyal to the company that I have followed from childhood. The company that I have stood by through the recent dark days, until the day that Vince McMahon closes WWE for ever. And ladies and gentlemen, that day is a long, long way away. Now, on to all the flames I've been getting... Yes the name of my site is a parody of PWTorch.com Get over it. Now, on to TNA Lockdown last night. Samoa Joe loses to Shark Boy? Oh how the mighty have fallen...

[B]Monday, May, Week 1 7.00 AM From PWFlashlight.com WWE Done For?[/B] Last week it was announced: For the first time in 13 years, Monday Night RAW is off the air. Next week, I hope to treat you all to a column looking back on all of my favourite RAW memories, but now I'll analyse the situation. WWE has no TV coverage whatsoever. This can be rectified within months, as the summer season starts next month, and word is most of the networks are looking for new programming. If Vince can sign a deal with one of the smaller networks, he could just keep this business afloat. PPV's: With Backlash's low buyrate, we can't help but wonder how long WWE will be able to hang on to their pay per view carriers, but it is of course possible that they can sign a number of smaller companies to ensure they still recieve some revenue. Stars: The WWE still has some of the biggest names in the industry... Hogan, Edge, Batista, Cena, the list goes on. But their contracts won't last forever. And you can't help but wonder, how many of them will go where the money is? How many will go where true superstardom is? Which brings me to... New Talent: Vince's Talent Influx seems to be working fairly well. Antonio Banks, 'Five Star Flash' Mark Belton, Jimmy Yang, The Briscoes, The Backseat Boyz, he even brought back William Regal, Spanky and Paul London. Unfortunately, many of them could go the way of CM Punk, who went for the bigger paycheck in WCW, but look what that got him, jobbing to Matt Anoai on Nitro last week in the opening match. At least WWE had a push for him. Booking: Over the last month, WWE has improved greatly, they've had probably the best shows on Monday nights every week, Backlash was an amazing PPV, the matchs almost seem to be being booked around skill, rather than mic skill. It's like a new company. Vince's shoot comments at the end of RAW have inspired me. I will remain loyal to the company that I have followed from childhood. The company that I have stood by through the recent dark days, until the day that Vince McMahon closes WWE for ever. And ladies and gentlemen, that day is a long, long way away. Now, on to all the flames I've been getting... Yes the name of my site is a parody of PWTorch.com Get over it. Now, on to TNA Lockdown last night. Samoa Joe loses to Shark Boy? Oh how the mighty have fallen...

[B]WWE.com[/B] As part of the TI program, WWE have been in negotiations with a huge TNA star. More on this as it comes. OOC: This 'huge' TNA star has already been signed on a PPA agreement, but as I'm at war with TNA, they should have stopped working for TNA, but they're still on both rosters... Please explain?

[B]WWE.com[/B] As part of the TI program, WWE have been in negotiations with a huge TNA star. More on this as it comes. OOC: This 'huge' TNA star has already been signed on a PPA agreement, but as I'm at war with TNA, they should have stopped working for TNA, but they're still on both rosters... Please explain?

[QUOTE=G-Prime;156955][B]WWE.com[/B] As part of the TI program, WWE have been in negotiations with a huge TNA star. More on this as it comes. OOC: This 'huge' TNA star has already been signed on a PPA agreement, but as I'm at war with TNA, they should have stopped working for TNA, but they're still on both rosters... Please explain?[/QUOTE] You probably have to wait out the grace period (7 days).

[QUOTE=G-Prime;156955][B]WWE.com[/B] As part of the TI program, WWE have been in negotiations with a huge TNA star. More on this as it comes. OOC: This 'huge' TNA star has already been signed on a PPA agreement, but as I'm at war with TNA, they should have stopped working for TNA, but they're still on both rosters... Please explain?[/QUOTE] You probably have to wait out the grace period (7 days).

[QUOTE=G-Prime;157061]Hmmm... I'm pretty sure the workers have just stopped working for the other guys straight away before... Oh well, I'll find out. And probably lose the guy in the process... Hence my not announcing who it was on the website.[/QUOTE] Or possibly, it's giving TNA time to give a counterbid. I'm not sure, I've never hired from people I was at war with. :(

[QUOTE=G-Prime;157061]Hmmm... I'm pretty sure the workers have just stopped working for the other guys straight away before... Oh well, I'll find out. And probably lose the guy in the process... Hence my not announcing who it was on the website.[/QUOTE] Or possibly, it's giving TNA time to give a counterbid. I'm not sure, I've never hired from people I was at war with. :(

[IMG]http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i105/Jeeprhyme/ortonraw.jpg[/IMG] After his victory last week over Carlito on the final RAW on USA Network, Randy Orton has stated he will be making a challenge this week. Also, we see the debut of the much-hyped New Hart Foundation, when WWE comes to Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.

Archived