Graphic Implementation?

Are Wrestler/Belt/Promotion pics going to be implemented the same as they have been for 05? (as in image sizes and file types) If I could attach a suggestion on here as well I think the promotion logos would benifit from an increase to 150x150 as i believe they are at 100x100.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[QUOTE=Undertaker666;152741]Wrestler pics will definitely be 150x150 jpegs as per the '05, no idea about the other stuff though.[/QUOTE] I use all types of pic's for wrestler's, and find as long as I keep it as much squared as possible, they hardly warp. Can use any size I want really, 200x200, 400x400, etc. Sometimes if they are too big, the smaller version in game looks a little funny, but still show's the picture. Are you guys maybe talking about how big the pictures will be shown at in the game?

[QUOTE=Undertaker666;152741]Wrestler pics will definitely be 150x150 jpegs as per the '05, no idea about the other stuff though.[/QUOTE] I use all types of pic's for wrestler's, and find as long as I keep it as much squared as possible, they hardly warp. Can use any size I want really, 200x200, 400x400, etc. Sometimes if they are too big, the smaller version in game looks a little funny, but still show's the picture. Are you guys maybe talking about how big the pictures will be shown at in the game?

The more pictures in this game the better. I didn't think they were implemented enough in 2005, when booking you only saw wrestlers pictures when selecting wrestlers, then it was all text. Pictures should be used on the booking screen, emails, news ticker about certain wrestlers, etc. Hopefully this will be added since I did read something about 2007 having an "internet" feature about wrestlers.

The more pictures in this game the better. I didn't think they were implemented enough in 2005, when booking you only saw wrestlers pictures when selecting wrestlers, then it was all text. Pictures should be used on the booking screen, emails, news ticker about certain wrestlers, etc. Hopefully this will be added since I did read something about 2007 having an "internet" feature about wrestlers.

[QUOTE=D16NJD16;153071]The more pictures in this game the better. I didn't think they were implemented enough in 2005, when booking you only saw wrestlers pictures when selecting wrestlers, then it was all text. Pictures should be used on the booking screen, emails, news ticker about certain wrestlers, etc. Hopefully this will be added since I did read something about 2007 having an "internet" feature about wrestlers.[/QUOTE] I am pretty sure the "Internet" feature will be using picture's, not sure if I read that, or just have that feeling. As for the rest, I don't know if pic's would be a good or bad idea in those other area's. The only reason I would think it might not be a good idea, would be the extra stress on the computer (our computer's). That, and the other reason is if it's not already been implemented, I don't know how much effort that would be on Mr. Ryland's part to add them. If it would hold up the release, then it's probably not even worth the effort. I have a feeling pic's are going to be used alot more in 2007 though, I wouldn't sweat it either way. Just make sure that your idea is heard for the "Next" installment. TEW2010 anybody?

[QUOTE=D16NJD16;153071]The more pictures in this game the better. I didn't think they were implemented enough in 2005, when booking you only saw wrestlers pictures when selecting wrestlers, then it was all text. Pictures should be used on the booking screen, emails, news ticker about certain wrestlers, etc. Hopefully this will be added since I did read something about 2007 having an "internet" feature about wrestlers.[/QUOTE] I am pretty sure the "Internet" feature will be using picture's, not sure if I read that, or just have that feeling. As for the rest, I don't know if pic's would be a good or bad idea in those other area's. The only reason I would think it might not be a good idea, would be the extra stress on the computer (our computer's). That, and the other reason is if it's not already been implemented, I don't know how much effort that would be on Mr. Ryland's part to add them. If it would hold up the release, then it's probably not even worth the effort. I have a feeling pic's are going to be used alot more in 2007 though, I wouldn't sweat it either way. Just make sure that your idea is heard for the "Next" installment. TEW2010 anybody?

despite the fact i rate playability over presentation, i think the amount of pictures being increased would be a cool idea. Perhaps workers could have a head shot picture and a larger full body picture - i know that would take some serious effort when it comes to the cornellverse workers, but it would be cool none-the-less.

despite the fact i rate playability over presentation, i think the amount of pictures being increased would be a cool idea. Perhaps workers could have a head shot picture and a larger full body picture - i know that would take some serious effort when it comes to the cornellverse workers, but it would be cool none-the-less.

[QUOTE=panix04;153168]despite the fact i rate playability over presentation, i think the amount of pictures being increased would be a cool idea. Perhaps workers could have a head shot picture and a larger full body picture - i know that would take some serious effort when it comes to the cornellverse workers, but it would be cool none-the-less.[/QUOTE] Exactly, that's what I'm talking about. Don't sacrifice playability for anything, but enhancing the presentation just adds to the coolness factor.

[QUOTE=panix04;153168]despite the fact i rate playability over presentation, i think the amount of pictures being increased would be a cool idea. Perhaps workers could have a head shot picture and a larger full body picture - i know that would take some serious effort when it comes to the cornellverse workers, but it would be cool none-the-less.[/QUOTE] Exactly, that's what I'm talking about. Don't sacrifice playability for anything, but enhancing the presentation just adds to the coolness factor.

[QUOTE=panix04;153168]Perhaps workers could have a head shot picture and a larger full body picture[/QUOTE] Are you trying to make me do more work?! :p It's a good idea in theory because if you had the larger full body picture then you could see more of what the worker was wearing, that can only add more to their personality. The only problem being is that there are already over 1000 workers, double the number if adding the full body shots and whose file size would be approx 3 times the head shots = a fairly large download! Plus Adam would have to try and persuade the people who do/did the head shots to do full body shots too otherwise it'd be inconsistent if some had the pics and others didn't.

[QUOTE=panix04;153168]Perhaps workers could have a head shot picture and a larger full body picture[/QUOTE] Are you trying to make me do more work?! :p It's a good idea in theory because if you had the larger full body picture then you could see more of what the worker was wearing, that can only add more to their personality. The only problem being is that there are already over 1000 workers, double the number if adding the full body shots and whose file size would be approx 3 times the head shots = a fairly large download! Plus Adam would have to try and persuade the people who do/did the head shots to do full body shots too otherwise it'd be inconsistent if some had the pics and others didn't.

yeah, i have no doubt it would be a massive task to implement it for Cornellverse. Perhaps its too late for such a job to be undertaken. But i do think it would help people to relate to the cornellverse workers, so you could see what sort of build they have, and what there full ring attire is like. I have to admit im beggining to really get into the cornellverse lately and i just wanna see it expanded as much as possible.

yeah, i have no doubt it would be a massive task to implement it for Cornellverse. Perhaps its too late for such a job to be undertaken. But i do think it would help people to relate to the cornellverse workers, so you could see what sort of build they have, and what there full ring attire is like. I have to admit im beggining to really get into the cornellverse lately and i just wanna see it expanded as much as possible.

I already implement alot of fuller image's, except I only have them for real worker's. You have two, maybe three (not sure, I think I will test after I write this) slots you can put a different picture of the same worker in. When looking at your workers in overall area's, such as other worker's, or your roster (in certain view's, depending on if you choose Stat or Booker view), and there is the picture when you talk to them or do bussiness with them (Contract's). As far as it taking more room, I don't know... You don't have to actually make the picture's bigger, as you can just scale them down to the right size. Example of what I mean. [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l49/djthefunkychris/AlexaColorBack.jpg[/IMG][

I already implement alot of fuller image's, except I only have them for real worker's. You have two, maybe three (not sure, I think I will test after I write this) slots you can put a different picture of the same worker in. When looking at your workers in overall area's, such as other worker's, or your roster (in certain view's, depending on if you choose Stat or Booker view), and there is the picture when you talk to them or do bussiness with them (Contract's). As far as it taking more room, I don't know... You don't have to actually make the picture's bigger, as you can just scale them down to the right size. Example of what I mean. [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l49/djthefunkychris/AlexaColorBack.jpg[/IMG][

Archived