Graphic Implementation?

i dunno, i think you lose quite a bit of the datail when you have full, or half body pictures reduced down to that size. I'd much prefer to have full body pictures in a large size and a seperate head shot in the corner and maybe even room for an action shot, but I'd also like to own West Ham United and be married to Alyssa Milano, some things just ain't on the cards are they? :)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i dunno, i think you lose quite a bit of the datail when you have full, or half body pictures reduced down to that size. I'd much prefer to have full body pictures in a large size and a seperate head shot in the corner and maybe even room for an action shot, but I'd also like to own West Ham United and be married to Alyssa Milano, some things just ain't on the cards are they? :)

[QUOTE=djthefunkchris;153197]I already implement alot of fuller image's, except I only have them for real worker's. You have two, maybe three (not sure, I think I will test after I write this) slots you can put a different picture of the same worker in. When looking at your workers in overall area's, such as other worker's, or your roster (in certain view's, depending on if you choose Stat or Booker view), and there is the picture when you talk to them or do bussiness with them (Contract's). As far as it taking more room, I don't know... You don't have to actually make the picture's bigger, as you can just scale them down to the right size. Example of what I mean. [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l49/djthefunkychris/AlexaColorBack.jpg[/IMG][[/QUOTE] Yeah I see what you mean but I think if you're going to have full body pictures then they need to be bigger. Even keeping them at 150x150 wouldn't help the fact that it'd be a much larger download for the pictures though. Just had a quick look in my People folder for TEW and there's already over 20mb of pictures and that's not including any new ones.

[QUOTE=djthefunkchris;153197]I already implement alot of fuller image's, except I only have them for real worker's. You have two, maybe three (not sure, I think I will test after I write this) slots you can put a different picture of the same worker in. When looking at your workers in overall area's, such as other worker's, or your roster (in certain view's, depending on if you choose Stat or Booker view), and there is the picture when you talk to them or do bussiness with them (Contract's). As far as it taking more room, I don't know... You don't have to actually make the picture's bigger, as you can just scale them down to the right size. Example of what I mean. [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l49/djthefunkychris/AlexaColorBack.jpg[/IMG][[/QUOTE] Yeah I see what you mean but I think if you're going to have full body pictures then they need to be bigger. Even keeping them at 150x150 wouldn't help the fact that it'd be a much larger download for the pictures though. Just had a quick look in my People folder for TEW and there's already over 20mb of pictures and that's not including any new ones.

[QUOTE=panix04;153211]i dunno, i think you lose quite a bit of the datail when you have full, or half body pictures reduced down to that size. I'd much prefer to have full body pictures in a large size and a seperate head shot in the corner and maybe even room for an action shot, but I'd also like to own West Ham United and be married to Alyssa Milano, some things just ain't on the cards are they? :)[/QUOTE] /nod. Your right, they lose a bit when you scale them down. My point was to be able to see somewhat of what your dealing with. The C-Verse, I see the head, I see what it says they are (Heavyweight, etc.), however without seeing at least the upper torso, I have no idea really. Are they Fat, Buff, In between? I don't have a clue, outside of just looking at stats and trying to put an image into my head. The Real life mod's I believe are only more popular, because we know alot of what they look like. We know Lashley, Boogieman, Batista is Buff, impressive looking. We know Mark Henry is on the Chubby side, lol. Thing's like this are not that easy to tell by just a head shot. It would make it easier on the imagination if we knew a bit more of how they look physically, outside of how they look in the face. I have seen people that look good in the face, but lack anything else. However, I have seen somewhat plain or even on the ugly side people (Boogieman), who's body is impressive. So that really helps with what we might want as a gimmick, angle's, etc.

[QUOTE=panix04;153211]i dunno, i think you lose quite a bit of the datail when you have full, or half body pictures reduced down to that size. I'd much prefer to have full body pictures in a large size and a seperate head shot in the corner and maybe even room for an action shot, but I'd also like to own West Ham United and be married to Alyssa Milano, some things just ain't on the cards are they? :)[/QUOTE] /nod. Your right, they lose a bit when you scale them down. My point was to be able to see somewhat of what your dealing with. The C-Verse, I see the head, I see what it says they are (Heavyweight, etc.), however without seeing at least the upper torso, I have no idea really. Are they Fat, Buff, In between? I don't have a clue, outside of just looking at stats and trying to put an image into my head. The Real life mod's I believe are only more popular, because we know alot of what they look like. We know Lashley, Boogieman, Batista is Buff, impressive looking. We know Mark Henry is on the Chubby side, lol. Thing's like this are not that easy to tell by just a head shot. It would make it easier on the imagination if we knew a bit more of how they look physically, outside of how they look in the face. I have seen people that look good in the face, but lack anything else. However, I have seen somewhat plain or even on the ugly side people (Boogieman), who's body is impressive. So that really helps with what we might want as a gimmick, angle's, etc.

[QUOTE=panix04;153214]maybe they could be an extra download, so that people with low bandwidth could avoid having to download them, or perhaps split them into packs.[/QUOTE] You're determined to make me do more work aren't ya! ;) To be honest I wouldn't mind doing full versions of mine as it would show off more detail than in the headshots. However, there's no point in me doing them if Adam doesn't implement some way of putting them into the game, assuming he'd even want to include something like that. Something simple like in EWR when you click on the picture brings up a larger version might be possible but it's ultimately Adam's decision.

[QUOTE=panix04;153214]maybe they could be an extra download, so that people with low bandwidth could avoid having to download them, or perhaps split them into packs.[/QUOTE] You're determined to make me do more work aren't ya! ;) To be honest I wouldn't mind doing full versions of mine as it would show off more detail than in the headshots. However, there's no point in me doing them if Adam doesn't implement some way of putting them into the game, assuming he'd even want to include something like that. Something simple like in EWR when you click on the picture brings up a larger version might be possible but it's ultimately Adam's decision.

[QUOTE=The Gaz;153217]I prefer body shots (no, not because you get to see a pair) but it is more to look at and makes it easier to distinguish someone by their attire.[/QUOTE] lol, :D it is a little bit about the pair thing isn't it? I do think it gives you a better picture of a workers look, but with the current size of pictures full body shots just arn't feesible imho.

[QUOTE=The Gaz;153217]I prefer body shots (no, not because you get to see a pair) but it is more to look at and makes it easier to distinguish someone by their attire.[/QUOTE] lol, :D it is a little bit about the pair thing isn't it? I do think it gives you a better picture of a workers look, but with the current size of pictures full body shots just arn't feesible imho.

[QUOTE=djthefunkchris;153216]My point was to be able to see somewhat of what your dealing with. The C-Verse, I see the head, I see what it says they are (Heavyweight, etc.), however without seeing at least the upper torso, I have no idea really. Are they Fat, Buff, In between? I don't have a clue, outside of just looking at stats and trying to put an image into my head.[/QUOTE] I agree that headshots don't give you an overall idea of their look, that's why in my pictures i've tried to at least get the shoulders in aswell. If you look at these three you can quite clearly determine which one is a cruiserweight, one who's a bit of a chunky monkey and one's a large powerhouse. [IMG]http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g115/TheUndertakersGraveyard/DAZ/ReijiroHiraki.png[/IMG] [IMG]http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g115/TheUndertakersGraveyard/BTM/PaulDyer.png[/IMG] [IMG]http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g115/TheUndertakersGraveyard/BTM/RichyMoon.png[/IMG]

[QUOTE=djthefunkchris;153216]My point was to be able to see somewhat of what your dealing with. The C-Verse, I see the head, I see what it says they are (Heavyweight, etc.), however without seeing at least the upper torso, I have no idea really. Are they Fat, Buff, In between? I don't have a clue, outside of just looking at stats and trying to put an image into my head.[/QUOTE] I agree that headshots don't give you an overall idea of their look, that's why in my pictures i've tried to at least get the shoulders in aswell. If you look at these three you can quite clearly determine which one is a cruiserweight, one who's a bit of a chunky monkey and one's a large powerhouse. [IMG]http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g115/TheUndertakersGraveyard/DAZ/ReijiroHiraki.png[/IMG] [IMG]http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g115/TheUndertakersGraveyard/BTM/PaulDyer.png[/IMG] [IMG]http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g115/TheUndertakersGraveyard/BTM/RichyMoon.png[/IMG]

that fat dude is brilliant! lol, but im still not convinced that a larger full body picture wouldn't do a better job of helping you to get a picture of the wrestler in your mind :) anyway, im going to stop flogging a dead horse! I have made my point and i guess i should just leave it up to the 'guvner' now!

that fat dude is brilliant! lol, but im still not convinced that a larger full body picture wouldn't do a better job of helping you to get a picture of the wrestler in your mind :) anyway, im going to stop flogging a dead horse! I have made my point and i guess i should just leave it up to the 'guvner' now!

[QUOTE=panix04;153233]that fat dude is brilliant! lol, but im still not convinced that a larger full body picture wouldn't do a better job of helping you to get a picture of the wrestler in your mind :) anyway, im going to stop flogging a dead horse! I have made my point and i guess i should just leave it up to the 'guvner' now![/QUOTE] Don't get me wrong, I completely agree with you. As I said earlier, "if you had the larger full body picture then you could see more of what the worker was wearing, that can only add more to their personality" and "To be honest I wouldn't mind doing full versions of mine as it would show off more detail than in the headshots". Because it's not a currently available feature i've tried to compromise with the 150x150 size by showing the upper torso to give an idea of what they're like. At the minute all of my workers are butt nekkid from the waist down because there's no point in me giving them trousers/shorts etc. If only you could see what I see.... :eek: lol

[QUOTE=panix04;153233]that fat dude is brilliant! lol, but im still not convinced that a larger full body picture wouldn't do a better job of helping you to get a picture of the wrestler in your mind :) anyway, im going to stop flogging a dead horse! I have made my point and i guess i should just leave it up to the 'guvner' now![/QUOTE] Don't get me wrong, I completely agree with you. As I said earlier, "if you had the larger full body picture then you could see more of what the worker was wearing, that can only add more to their personality" and "To be honest I wouldn't mind doing full versions of mine as it would show off more detail than in the headshots". Because it's not a currently available feature i've tried to compromise with the 150x150 size by showing the upper torso to give an idea of what they're like. At the minute all of my workers are butt nekkid from the waist down because there's no point in me giving them trousers/shorts etc. If only you could see what I see.... :eek: lol

That helps, thanks, lol. I don't know how I missed this post of your's. "Yeah I see what you mean but I think if you're going to have full body pictures then they need to be bigger. Even keeping them at 150x150 wouldn't help the fact that it'd be a much larger download for the pictures though. Just had a quick look in my People folder for TEW and there's already over 20mb of pictures and that's not including any new ones." I'm not sure what the mb issue would be? Is it for the area's where you have to download it from, is there a maximum you can have for the space? Or is the concern with how much space the game is taking because of the picture's (people folders)? It's not going to effect me that much, one way or the other, I am just trying to help with maybe some creative idea's. Perhap's adding other formats could help? Like if we could use .gif image's, we could combine the two images into one (and maybe take away a bit of color in doing so, but hopefully so little you cannot tell, at least not at that scale). Something like this: [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l49/djthefunkychris/Alexa1.gif[/IMG] You could then make it using as much or less as you want, and this one only has 250 color count, although I can hardly tell the difference (for example). What do you think? Using your head, lol: [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l49/djthefunkychris/Animation3.gif[/IMG]

Archived