Graphic Implementation?

That helps, thanks, lol. I don't know how I missed this post of your's. "Yeah I see what you mean but I think if you're going to have full body pictures then they need to be bigger. Even keeping them at 150x150 wouldn't help the fact that it'd be a much larger download for the pictures though. Just had a quick look in my People folder for TEW and there's already over 20mb of pictures and that's not including any new ones." I'm not sure what the mb issue would be? Is it for the area's where you have to download it from, is there a maximum you can have for the space? Or is the concern with how much space the game is taking because of the picture's (people folders)? It's not going to effect me that much, one way or the other, I am just trying to help with maybe some creative idea's. Perhap's adding other formats could help? Like if we could use .gif image's, we could combine the two images into one (and maybe take away a bit of color in doing so, but hopefully so little you cannot tell, at least not at that scale). Something like this: [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l49/djthefunkychris/Alexa1.gif[/IMG] You could then make it using as much or less as you want, and this one only has 250 color count, although I can hardly tell the difference (for example). What do you think? Using your head, lol: [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l49/djthefunkychris/Animation3.gif[/IMG]

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think the only concern for the size issue (as far as i'm aware) is that Adam's trying to keep the number of 'alternate' pictures to a minimum to keep down the picture download size. I assume that's because most people download TEW and some people are still on dialup, and we all know how slow that can be. As an example, i've done well over 200 worker pictures so far including alternates, but they wont all be included in TEW because most wont be needed. If I were doing it I think the best way to implement it would be between what EWR did combined with Panix's suggestion. You click on the picture to see the full version but with the full version pictures in a seperate download for those who want to have them. As i've said previously, i'm all for larger pictures but it's not my call to make as TEW is Adam's baby and the decisions lie with him.

I think the only concern for the size issue (as far as i'm aware) is that Adam's trying to keep the number of 'alternate' pictures to a minimum to keep down the picture download size. I assume that's because most people download TEW and some people are still on dialup, and we all know how slow that can be. As an example, i've done well over 200 worker pictures so far including alternates, but they wont all be included in TEW because most wont be needed. If I were doing it I think the best way to implement it would be between what EWR did combined with Panix's suggestion. You click on the picture to see the full version but with the full version pictures in a seperate download for those who want to have them. As i've said previously, i'm all for larger pictures but it's not my call to make as TEW is Adam's baby and the decisions lie with him.

Archived