Your Promotion Product Style?

Curious as to what kind of style everyone out there who likes creating their own promotions will come up with... me? Well, I'm aiming for a MMA-style promotion with a little bit of angles and a small pro wrestling influence thrown in. I guess you could call it hybrid... just a little more focused on the entertainment department than hybrid. Style Name: Haven't thought of a clever one yet... Booking AI: Entirely singles matches Matches to angles: 1 angle to every 2 matches I guess... wouldn't that balance out to about 20 minutes of interviews and angles to every hour of a show? If so, that would be about right as I want my MMA-style promotion to be able to do a Ultimate Fighter style reality show. Expected match length: MINOR -8 minutes - MEDIUM - 15 minutes - MAJOR - 25 minutes (((NOTE:: What if we exceed our expected match length? Do we get penalized?))) Match Intensity: Very High Match Danger: High PROMOTION APPEAL -------- Traditional: None Mainstream: Medium Comedy: None Cult: None Risque: None Modern: None Realism: Very High Hyper Realism: Key Feature Hardcore: None Lucha Libre: None Pure: Very High Daredevil: None I'm not sure how this style will work out, Adam has set up a very intriguing system no doubt. I want angles and interviews in my shows to build up the wrestlers' overness and hype up matches, so I thrown in a little mainstream entertainment. I wanted to go with cult, but I see that being a burden on my chances of success (which will already be slim with this style.) I also wanted to throw in some traditional so I could have a bad guy/good guy element to help me get more creative with angles, but like Adam said in the journal, that's committing promotion suicide, so I guess I'll have to stick with like... biography pieces and "wrestler warming up backstage" angles. LoL. Should be fun, and I can't wait to take on the other hyper realistic hybrid feds in the Cornellverse. Hopefully Hell Monkey is still in free agency this time around. He was the heart of my hybrid fed in 05. Can't wait for this game. Adam's definately getting my money on launch day!

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My promotion is basically a Hybrid promotion, and has been booked that way in past TEWs. But for '07, I'm looking for strong, but more realistic characters, to be built up mainly through promos and in-ring action, and more intensity. Pure Wrestling is my promotions Key Feature, and we're looking to produce the best pure wrestling matches in the US. We'll also have Modern set at least to medium, and possibly to high, for my FreeStyle Division, so long as that doesn't interfere with my Pure, Hyper-Realism, and Realism settings below it. All of these settings are subject to change. [B][U]Style Name:[/U][/B] To Be Determined.... [B]Booking AI:[/B] Entirely singles and tag team matches. [B]Matches to angles:[/B] Not sure yet. Shows will be mostly matches, with a number of short interviews but few angles. Do interviews still count as angles? [B]Expected match length:[/B] Minor:8-12 minutes, Medium: 13-20 minutes, Major: 25-30 minutes [B]Match Intensity:[/B] Very High [B]Match Danger:[/B] Medium-High [B][U]PROMOTION APPEAL [/U][/B] [B]Traditional:[/B] Low-Medium [B]Mainstream:[/B] Low-Medium [B]Comedy:[/B] None [B]Cult:[/B] None [B]Risque:[/B] None [B]Modern:[/B] Medium [B]Realism:[/B] Very High [B]Hyper Realism:[/B] High [B]Hardcore:[/B] None [B]Lucha Libre:[/B] None [B]Pure:[/B] Key Feature [B]Daredevil:[/B] None

My promotion is basically a Hybrid promotion, and has been booked that way in past TEWs. But for '07, I'm looking for strong, but more realistic characters, to be built up mainly through promos and in-ring action, and more intensity. Pure Wrestling is my promotions Key Feature, and we're looking to produce the best pure wrestling matches in the US. We'll also have Modern set at least to medium, and possibly to high, for my FreeStyle Division, so long as that doesn't interfere with my Pure, Hyper-Realism, and Realism settings below it. All of these settings are subject to change. [B][U]Style Name:[/U][/B] To Be Determined.... [B]Booking AI:[/B] Entirely singles and tag team matches. [B]Matches to angles:[/B] Not sure yet. Shows will be mostly matches, with a number of short interviews but few angles. Do interviews still count as angles? [B]Expected match length:[/B] Minor:8-12 minutes, Medium: 13-20 minutes, Major: 25-30 minutes [B]Match Intensity:[/B] Very High [B]Match Danger:[/B] Medium-High [B][U]PROMOTION APPEAL [/U][/B] [B]Traditional:[/B] Low-Medium [B]Mainstream:[/B] Low-Medium [B]Comedy:[/B] None [B]Cult:[/B] None [B]Risque:[/B] None [B]Modern:[/B] Medium [B]Realism:[/B] Very High [B]Hyper Realism:[/B] High [B]Hardcore:[/B] None [B]Lucha Libre:[/B] None [B]Pure:[/B] Key Feature [B]Daredevil:[/B] None

My goal is to basically create a Women's Cutting Edge promotion, with overness determined by in-ring performance, not the ancillary crap. So a basic framework would probably be: Women's: Key Feature Traditional: None Modern: Medium Pure: High Realism: Medium Lucha Libre: Medium Hardcore: Low to Medium Daredevil: Low I plan to have an immense roster (again) with diverse styles and several divisions. I may even have to use a brand to put my tag team division but I'd like to have a main event level hardcore division (with LuFisto as champion), lucha division (with Esther Moreno & Princesa Sugey feuding over the title), Zero Gravity division (headed by Manami Toyota and Emi Sakura), as well as the dominant Pure division led by Mariko Yoshida and Sensational Ogiwara. The goal is to create a promotion, focused on women's wrestling, where workers of most styles can do well in (except 'Entertainers').

My goal is to basically create a Women's Cutting Edge promotion, with overness determined by in-ring performance, not the ancillary crap. So a basic framework would probably be: Women's: Key Feature Traditional: None Modern: Medium Pure: High Realism: Medium Lucha Libre: Medium Hardcore: Low to Medium Daredevil: Low I plan to have an immense roster (again) with diverse styles and several divisions. I may even have to use a brand to put my tag team division but I'd like to have a main event level hardcore division (with LuFisto as champion), lucha division (with Esther Moreno & Princesa Sugey feuding over the title), Zero Gravity division (headed by Manami Toyota and Emi Sakura), as well as the dominant Pure division led by Mariko Yoshida and Sensational Ogiwara. The goal is to create a promotion, focused on women's wrestling, where workers of most styles can do well in (except 'Entertainers').

[QUOTE=Remianen;153731]My goal is to basically create a Women's Cutting Edge promotion, with overness determined by in-ring performance, not the ancillary crap. So a basic framework would probably be: Women's: Key Feature Traditional: None Modern: Medium Pure: High Realism: Medium Lucha Libre: Medium Hardcore: Low to Medium Daredevil: Low I plan to have an immense roster (again) with diverse styles and several divisions. I may even have to use a brand to put my tag team division but I'd like to have a main event level hardcore division (with LuFisto as champion), lucha division (with Esther Moreno & Princesa Sugey feuding over the title), Zero Gravity division (headed by Manami Toyota and Emi Sakura), as well as the dominant Pure division led by Mariko Yoshida and Sensational Ogiwara. The goal is to create a promotion, focused on women's wrestling, where workers of most styles can do well in (except 'Entertainers').[/QUOTE] Sounds worthy of a diary, hint hint! Mine? Style Name: Traditional entertainment Booking AI: Singlestag and 3 man tag team matches. Matches to angles: Lots of angles and storylines with decent, but not long-length mathces, no more than 25 minutes for a main event, top quality match Match Intensity: Medium to low Match Danger: Across the board PROMOTION APPEAL Traditional: High Mainstream: High Comedy: Medium to high Cult: None Risque: Medium to low Modern: Medium Realism: None Hyper Realism: None Hardcore: Low Lucha Libre: None Pure: None Daredevil: Low Not really sure how that'll work?

[QUOTE=Remianen;153731]My goal is to basically create a Women's Cutting Edge promotion, with overness determined by in-ring performance, not the ancillary crap. So a basic framework would probably be: Women's: Key Feature Traditional: None Modern: Medium Pure: High Realism: Medium Lucha Libre: Medium Hardcore: Low to Medium Daredevil: Low I plan to have an immense roster (again) with diverse styles and several divisions. I may even have to use a brand to put my tag team division but I'd like to have a main event level hardcore division (with LuFisto as champion), lucha division (with Esther Moreno & Princesa Sugey feuding over the title), Zero Gravity division (headed by Manami Toyota and Emi Sakura), as well as the dominant Pure division led by Mariko Yoshida and Sensational Ogiwara. The goal is to create a promotion, focused on women's wrestling, where workers of most styles can do well in (except 'Entertainers').[/QUOTE] Sounds worthy of a diary, hint hint! Mine? Style Name: Traditional entertainment Booking AI: Singlestag and 3 man tag team matches. Matches to angles: Lots of angles and storylines with decent, but not long-length mathces, no more than 25 minutes for a main event, top quality match Match Intensity: Medium to low Match Danger: Across the board PROMOTION APPEAL Traditional: High Mainstream: High Comedy: Medium to high Cult: None Risque: Medium to low Modern: Medium Realism: None Hyper Realism: None Hardcore: Low Lucha Libre: None Pure: None Daredevil: Low Not really sure how that'll work?

As a dedicated follower of the E, my debut fed'd likely be strongy Sport Entertainment based (with maybe a few tweaks here and there). Style Name: Sports Entertainment Advanced Booking AI: Singles and tag team matches. Matches to angles: 4:1 ratio of time spent on matches to angles Match Intensity: Across the board Match Danger: Across the board, technically, but the more extreme matches will be rare - two or three a year, and saved for the big shows PROMOTION APPEAL Traditional: Low Mainstream: High Comedy: Medium Cult: None Risque: Medium Modern: Medium Realism: None Hyper Realism: None Hardcore: Low Lucha Libre: Low Pure: None Daredevil: Medium Any fed I manage has a strong tag division. My user character will almost certainly end up there for the duration.

As a dedicated follower of the E, my debut fed'd likely be strongy Sport Entertainment based (with maybe a few tweaks here and there). Style Name: Sports Entertainment Advanced Booking AI: Singles and tag team matches. Matches to angles: 4:1 ratio of time spent on matches to angles Match Intensity: Across the board Match Danger: Across the board, technically, but the more extreme matches will be rare - two or three a year, and saved for the big shows PROMOTION APPEAL Traditional: Low Mainstream: High Comedy: Medium Cult: None Risque: Medium Modern: Medium Realism: None Hyper Realism: None Hardcore: Low Lucha Libre: Low Pure: None Daredevil: Medium Any fed I manage has a strong tag division. My user character will almost certainly end up there for the duration.

Don't know how I'd define mine: Style Name: To Be Determined.... Booking AI: Singles and tag team matches. Matches to angles: Probably 3:1 Expected match length: Minor:5-10 minutes, Medium: 10-20 minutes, Major: 20-30 minutes Match Intensity: Very High Match Danger: Medium-High PROMOTION APPEAL Traditional: None Mainstream: Low Comedy: Low Cult: Medium Risque: Very High Modern: Medium Realism: Low Hyper Realism: Low Hardcore: Key Feature Lucha Libre: Medium Pure: Low Daredevil: Medium

Don't know how I'd define mine: Style Name: To Be Determined.... Booking AI: Singles and tag team matches. Matches to angles: Probably 3:1 Expected match length: Minor:5-10 minutes, Medium: 10-20 minutes, Major: 20-30 minutes Match Intensity: Very High Match Danger: Medium-High PROMOTION APPEAL Traditional: None Mainstream: Low Comedy: Low Cult: Medium Risque: Very High Modern: Medium Realism: Low Hyper Realism: Low Hardcore: Key Feature Lucha Libre: Medium Pure: Low Daredevil: Medium

I'm looking for something a bit between Hybrid and Cutting Edge, something with interviews and maybe beat down angles but not to many of them. Interesting but Grity characters with a intense match between top athletes. Something like I was doing with my 4C diary with individual division each with thier own top titles so that I cna have a variety of works show off their talent in a way that past suits them. As always the fed will be based in New York City and it\ll appeal to Modern and some cult fans who are looking to see realistic matches in styles from around the world (including Lucha and Pure) all in one place. Style Name: Booking AI: Single and Tag Matches to angles: 90% matches 10% Angles Expected match length: Minor 10-15 Minutes, Medium 15-25 Minutes Major 20+ minutes Match Intensity: High Match Danger: Will Vary PROMOTION APPEAL Traditional: None Mainstream: None Comedy: None Cult: Medium Risque: Low or Medium (If this feature is just about half naked women then maybe even none if it's about grity intense characters and possible blood shed then low to medium stands) Modern: High Realism: Key Feature Hyper Realism: Medium Hardcore: Medium Lucha Libre: Medium Pure: Medium Daredevil: Medium Women's Medium (Remianen was the only one to use or mention this feature there will definately be women in my promotion but they will compete right along side the men in top rated competitive matches.)

I'm looking for something a bit between Hybrid and Cutting Edge, something with interviews and maybe beat down angles but not to many of them. Interesting but Grity characters with a intense match between top athletes. Something like I was doing with my 4C diary with individual division each with thier own top titles so that I cna have a variety of works show off their talent in a way that past suits them. As always the fed will be based in New York City and it\ll appeal to Modern and some cult fans who are looking to see realistic matches in styles from around the world (including Lucha and Pure) all in one place. Style Name: Booking AI: Single and Tag Matches to angles: 90% matches 10% Angles Expected match length: Minor 10-15 Minutes, Medium 15-25 Minutes Major 20+ minutes Match Intensity: High Match Danger: Will Vary PROMOTION APPEAL Traditional: None Mainstream: None Comedy: None Cult: Medium Risque: Low or Medium (If this feature is just about half naked women then maybe even none if it's about grity intense characters and possible blood shed then low to medium stands) Modern: High Realism: Key Feature Hyper Realism: Medium Hardcore: Medium Lucha Libre: Medium Pure: Medium Daredevil: Medium Women's Medium (Remianen was the only one to use or mention this feature there will definately be women in my promotion but they will compete right along side the men in top rated competitive matches.)

I remember someone asking about promotional brands being able to be done different (example of Raw being SE, Smackdown Cutting edge, ECW Hardcore). I dont' remember if it's been covered or not. If it has, I wasn't able to find it:-( Anyways, if this was a feature, my promotion will be different for each brand (slightly). I am hoping to be able to do a semi-pure, Woman's, and Entertainment, all on different branch's. If not, I will probably go with a mixed entertainment type, with some traditional, some Cutting edge, mixed with Modern. I am also wanting to have a legitimate Woman's division, as well as tag team division's. There will be mixed match's as well, with tag and single's (men vs woman and such).

I remember someone asking about promotional brands being able to be done different (example of Raw being SE, Smackdown Cutting edge, ECW Hardcore). I dont' remember if it's been covered or not. If it has, I wasn't able to find it:-( Anyways, if this was a feature, my promotion will be different for each brand (slightly). I am hoping to be able to do a semi-pure, Woman's, and Entertainment, all on different branch's. If not, I will probably go with a mixed entertainment type, with some traditional, some Cutting edge, mixed with Modern. I am also wanting to have a legitimate Woman's division, as well as tag team division's. There will be mixed match's as well, with tag and single's (men vs woman and such).

Smackdown is more of a Family friendly. Never will it be Cutting Edge. But, here's my idea: I'm trying a Hybrid-Hardcore ultraviolent promotion, with lot of mathes, few angles here and there, but mainly the focus would be on matches. Style Name: Don't know yet :) Booking AI: Every match type there is :P Matches to angles: Mostly matches Expected match length: Minor:10-15 minutes, Medium: 15-25 minutes, Major: 30-40 minutes Match Intensity: Very High Match Danger: Very High PROMOTION APPEAL Traditional: low Mainstream: low Comedy: None Cult: Medium Risque: High Modern: High Realism: medium Hyper Realism: none Hardcore: Key feature Lucha Libre: None Pure: none Daredevil: medium

Smackdown is more of a Family friendly. Never will it be Cutting Edge. But, here's my idea: I'm trying a Hybrid-Hardcore ultraviolent promotion, with lot of mathes, few angles here and there, but mainly the focus would be on matches. Style Name: Don't know yet :) Booking AI: Every match type there is :P Matches to angles: Mostly matches Expected match length: Minor:10-15 minutes, Medium: 15-25 minutes, Major: 30-40 minutes Match Intensity: Very High Match Danger: Very High PROMOTION APPEAL Traditional: low Mainstream: low Comedy: None Cult: Medium Risque: High Modern: High Realism: medium Hyper Realism: none Hardcore: Key feature Lucha Libre: None Pure: none Daredevil: medium

[B]Style Name:[/B] Lucharesu [B]Booking AI:[/B] Strong use of Tags and Six Mans, with emphasis on Singles as very important matches. [B]Matches to angles:[/B] Opening interviews, post match interviews, and few assaults and angles. Mostly in-ring matches and storylines. [B]Expected match length:[/B] Minor - 8-10 mins, medium - 10-20 mins, major 20+ [B]Match Intensity:[/B] Medium, depening on person. [B]Match Danger:[/B] Low- Medium PROMOTION APPEAL [B]Traditional:[/B] Low-Medium [B]Mainstream:[/B] None [B]Comedy:[/B] Low-Medium [B]Cult:[/B] None [B]Risque:[/B] None [B]Modern:[/B] Medium [B]Realism:[/B] Medium [B]Hyper Realism:[/B] Medium [B]Hardcore:[/B] None [B]Lucha Libre:[/B] Medium-High [B]Pure:[/B] Medium [B]Daredevil:[/B] Medium Lucharesu, a mix between the Lucha Libre style of Mexico, and the Junior Puroresu style of Japan, was never really able to be utilised properly in 2005. Dragon Gate are the biggest originators of the style. I hope to actually create it in the game, and either run Dragon Gate, or reform Tiger Heaven...

[B]Style Name:[/B] Lucharesu [B]Booking AI:[/B] Strong use of Tags and Six Mans, with emphasis on Singles as very important matches. [B]Matches to angles:[/B] Opening interviews, post match interviews, and few assaults and angles. Mostly in-ring matches and storylines. [B]Expected match length:[/B] Minor - 8-10 mins, medium - 10-20 mins, major 20+ [B]Match Intensity:[/B] Medium, depening on person. [B]Match Danger:[/B] Low- Medium PROMOTION APPEAL [B]Traditional:[/B] Low-Medium [B]Mainstream:[/B] None [B]Comedy:[/B] Low-Medium [B]Cult:[/B] None [B]Risque:[/B] None [B]Modern:[/B] Medium [B]Realism:[/B] Medium [B]Hyper Realism:[/B] Medium [B]Hardcore:[/B] None [B]Lucha Libre:[/B] Medium-High [B]Pure:[/B] Medium [B]Daredevil:[/B] Medium Lucharesu, a mix between the Lucha Libre style of Mexico, and the Junior Puroresu style of Japan, was never really able to be utilised properly in 2005. Dragon Gate are the biggest originators of the style. I hope to actually create it in the game, and either run Dragon Gate, or reform Tiger Heaven...

[QUOTE=Lukiep8;153802]Lucharesu, a mix between the Lucha Libre style of Mexico, and the Junior Puroresu style of Japan, was never really able to be utilised properly in 2005. Dragon Gate are the biggest originators of the style. I hope to actually create it in the game, and either run Dragon Gate, or reform Tiger Heaven...[/QUOTE] Would that be kinda like Gran Hamada's promotion (ULL?) or more pure-ish?

[QUOTE=Lukiep8;153802]Lucharesu, a mix between the Lucha Libre style of Mexico, and the Junior Puroresu style of Japan, was never really able to be utilised properly in 2005. Dragon Gate are the biggest originators of the style. I hope to actually create it in the game, and either run Dragon Gate, or reform Tiger Heaven...[/QUOTE] Would that be kinda like Gran Hamada's promotion (ULL?) or more pure-ish?

I can\t wait to see all these new promotions that peole are coming up with. It would be fun to see what would happen if we got rid of all the Cornellverse promotions and left everyone unemployed then inserted the promotions we each individually came up with and see who they hire. I'd espeically like to see who the AI would put into Remianen and Lukiep8's promotions (and my own of course).

I can\t wait to see all these new promotions that peole are coming up with. It would be fun to see what would happen if we got rid of all the Cornellverse promotions and left everyone unemployed then inserted the promotions we each individually came up with and see who they hire. I'd espeically like to see who the AI would put into Remianen and Lukiep8's promotions (and my own of course).

[B][U]Match ration[/U][/B]: probably I would do 2 minutes wrestling for every 1 minute of angle in a show. Basically exactly like Cutting Edge in 2005. [B][U]Match Length[/U][/B]: Minor I would do 5 minutes, Medium probably 10 minutes, and major I would do 15 minutes. [B][U]Match Intensity[/U][/B]: I would probably do Medium. Wouldn't want too serious but not serious enough. [B][U]Match Danger[/U][/B]: I would do medium. Don't want to get guys injured all the time but I don't want it to be boring. [B][U]Women's Wrestling[/U][/B]: I wouldn't really do any. However, I like to occasionaly use a female worker as an equality fighter but I don't know if have no women's wrestling will affect it. Product Appeal: Traditional: Key Feature Mainstream: Medium Comedy: Low Cult: Low Risque: None Modern: Key Feature Realism: Low Hyper Realism: Low Hardcore: None Lucha Libre: Medium Pure: Low Daredevil: None

[B][U]Match ration[/U][/B]: probably I would do 2 minutes wrestling for every 1 minute of angle in a show. Basically exactly like Cutting Edge in 2005. [B][U]Match Length[/U][/B]: Minor I would do 5 minutes, Medium probably 10 minutes, and major I would do 15 minutes. [B][U]Match Intensity[/U][/B]: I would probably do Medium. Wouldn't want too serious but not serious enough. [B][U]Match Danger[/U][/B]: I would do medium. Don't want to get guys injured all the time but I don't want it to be boring. [B][U]Women's Wrestling[/U][/B]: I wouldn't really do any. However, I like to occasionaly use a female worker as an equality fighter but I don't know if have no women's wrestling will affect it. Product Appeal: Traditional: Key Feature Mainstream: Medium Comedy: Low Cult: Low Risque: None Modern: Key Feature Realism: Low Hyper Realism: Low Hardcore: None Lucha Libre: Medium Pure: Low Daredevil: None

Archived