Your Promotion Product Style?

Style Name: To Be Determined Booking AI: 1 v 1 matches only Matches to angles: A few storylines involving UMC and ME talent. Match Intensity: High Match Danger: Across the board PROMOTION APPEAL Traditional: Low Mainstream: None Comedy: None Cult: High Risque: Low Modern: Low Realism: High Hyper Realism: None Hardcore: High Lucha Libre: None Pure: None Daredevil: Medium I want to try my hand at something with a real heavy emphasis on brawling, toughness, and gritty realism while staying away from some of the campy elements of westling. Of course, it's debatable how good a strategy this is, but I think it'll be fun in the short term, just maybe not profitable.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Style Name: To Be Determined Booking AI: 1 v 1 matches only Matches to angles: A few storylines involving UMC and ME talent. Match Intensity: High Match Danger: Across the board PROMOTION APPEAL Traditional: Low Mainstream: None Comedy: None Cult: High Risque: Low Modern: Low Realism: High Hyper Realism: None Hardcore: High Lucha Libre: None Pure: None Daredevil: Medium I want to try my hand at something with a real heavy emphasis on brawling, toughness, and gritty realism while staying away from some of the campy elements of westling. Of course, it's debatable how good a strategy this is, but I think it'll be fun in the short term, just maybe not profitable.

Style Name: Custom Booking AI: Singles, Triple Threats & Tags Matches to angles: around 15% Match Intensity: Medium to low Match Danger: Across the board Match Length: Minor I would do 10 minutes, Medium probably 15 minutes, and major I would do 20 minutes PROMOTION APPEAL Traditional: None Mainstream: High Comedy: Low Cult: None Risque: Medium Modern: Medium Realism: None Hyper Realism: None Hardcore: Good Lucha Libre: None Pure: None Daredevil: Key Feature

Style Name: Custom Booking AI: Singles, Triple Threats & Tags Matches to angles: around 15% Match Intensity: Medium to low Match Danger: Across the board Match Length: Minor I would do 10 minutes, Medium probably 15 minutes, and major I would do 20 minutes PROMOTION APPEAL Traditional: None Mainstream: High Comedy: Low Cult: None Risque: Medium Modern: Medium Realism: None Hyper Realism: None Hardcore: Good Lucha Libre: None Pure: None Daredevil: Key Feature

[QUOTE=rajde;153855][B][U]Match ration[/U][/B]: probably I would do 2 minutes wrestling for every 1 minute of angle in a show. Basically exactly like Cutting Edge in 2005.[/QUOTE] That's actually more Sports Entertainment than Cutting Edge in 05. 33% of your show devoted to angles would come pretty close to alienating a CE audience while it would be par for the course in SE. Apupunchau, you bring up an interesting thought. I'm pretty sure I could guess who my promotion would hire (with Sensational Ogiwara, Thunder Hike, Kiko Sakakibara, Saori Nakadan, Tamara McFly, and Victoria Stone rating highly) but I don't know for sure. But, one thing I do know is that there's going to be several 'future promotions' created to kinda simulate some real world promotions. Like, I'd love to make an FMW clone that perhaps has a worker develop along the lines of Megumi Kudo. I'm definitely going to put the 'game world balancer' to the test with all the promotions actively using women's workers that I have planned. But honestly, I'm just glad to see a few folks planning to use women's workers as something other than eye candy. I've been really impressed with the ladies I've seen work in real life and in 05, I know I had a much easier time developing my promotion than many folks with the male-dominated ones. I'm just glad I'll be able to fine tune things a lot more and tailor my audience to my intended product.

[QUOTE=rajde;153855][B][U]Match ration[/U][/B]: probably I would do 2 minutes wrestling for every 1 minute of angle in a show. Basically exactly like Cutting Edge in 2005.[/QUOTE] That's actually more Sports Entertainment than Cutting Edge in 05. 33% of your show devoted to angles would come pretty close to alienating a CE audience while it would be par for the course in SE. Apupunchau, you bring up an interesting thought. I'm pretty sure I could guess who my promotion would hire (with Sensational Ogiwara, Thunder Hike, Kiko Sakakibara, Saori Nakadan, Tamara McFly, and Victoria Stone rating highly) but I don't know for sure. But, one thing I do know is that there's going to be several 'future promotions' created to kinda simulate some real world promotions. Like, I'd love to make an FMW clone that perhaps has a worker develop along the lines of Megumi Kudo. I'm definitely going to put the 'game world balancer' to the test with all the promotions actively using women's workers that I have planned. But honestly, I'm just glad to see a few folks planning to use women's workers as something other than eye candy. I've been really impressed with the ladies I've seen work in real life and in 05, I know I had a much easier time developing my promotion than many folks with the male-dominated ones. I'm just glad I'll be able to fine tune things a lot more and tailor my audience to my intended product.

[quote]Would that be kinda like Gran Hamada's promotion (ULL?) or more pure-ish?[/quote] No. Hamada's FULL promotion used a more heavier lucha style. It became more junior puro orientated when Michinoku Puro was formed. Toryumon/Dragon Gate is a lot faster paced though.

[quote]Would that be kinda like Gran Hamada's promotion (ULL?) or more pure-ish?[/quote] No. Hamada's FULL promotion used a more heavier lucha style. It became more junior puro orientated when Michinoku Puro was formed. Toryumon/Dragon Gate is a lot faster paced though.

[QUOTE=Lukiep8;153967]No. Hamada's FULL promotion used a more heavier lucha style. It became more junior puro orientated when Michinoku Puro was formed. Toryumon/Dragon Gate is a lot faster paced though.[/QUOTE] Man, I gotta start following this puroresu business... BTW, Lukiep8, your promotion style sounds friggin' awesome.

[QUOTE=Lukiep8;153967]No. Hamada's FULL promotion used a more heavier lucha style. It became more junior puro orientated when Michinoku Puro was formed. Toryumon/Dragon Gate is a lot faster paced though.[/QUOTE] Man, I gotta start following this puroresu business... BTW, Lukiep8, your promotion style sounds friggin' awesome.

Well, the style Lukiep8 described... I've seen it in action a number of times. It's awesome to watch, Dragon Gate is one of my favorite puroresu feds. Anyway, on to mine! Style Name: None yet Booking AI: Mainly singles matches, but I definitely want to use multiple man matches. Matches to angles: Much like Cutting Edge now. Either 90-10, or 80-20. I'll decide later. Expected match length: Minor - 10 to 12 mins, medium - 15 to 20 mins, major - No less than 20 mins Match Intensity: Very High Match Danger: Very High Women's Wrestling: Male dominated with women's division (A rather LARGE division, mind you). PROMOTION APPEAL Traditional: Low Mainstream: Low Comedy: Medium Cult: High Risque: High Modern: Key Feature Realism: Medium Hyper Realism: None Hardcore: Low Lucha Libre: High Pure: Low Daredevil: Low It's kinda like ROH meets ECW meets WWE circa 98, I think. We'll see how the whole thing turns out.

Well, the style Lukiep8 described... I've seen it in action a number of times. It's awesome to watch, Dragon Gate is one of my favorite puroresu feds. Anyway, on to mine! Style Name: None yet Booking AI: Mainly singles matches, but I definitely want to use multiple man matches. Matches to angles: Much like Cutting Edge now. Either 90-10, or 80-20. I'll decide later. Expected match length: Minor - 10 to 12 mins, medium - 15 to 20 mins, major - No less than 20 mins Match Intensity: Very High Match Danger: Very High Women's Wrestling: Male dominated with women's division (A rather LARGE division, mind you). PROMOTION APPEAL Traditional: Low Mainstream: Low Comedy: Medium Cult: High Risque: High Modern: Key Feature Realism: Medium Hyper Realism: None Hardcore: Low Lucha Libre: High Pure: Low Daredevil: Low It's kinda like ROH meets ECW meets WWE circa 98, I think. We'll see how the whole thing turns out.

There are two different types that I was thinking of having as a promotion style. The first i was thinking of having a mix between SE and Cutting Edge. It would have shorter matches, but fast paced action with a little comedy and over the top gimmicks and storylines. Name: Cutting Edge Entertainment Booking AI: Single, 3 and 4 – Way, and Tag Match Ratio: 15% or 20% angles, the rest matches Expected Match Length: Minor – 5-8 minutes, Medium – 10-12 minutes, Major – 18-20 minutes Match Intensity: High Match Danger: Medium Women's Wrestling: Men only (might change it and add a womens division) [U]Appeal:[/U] Traditional: None Mainstream: Key Feature Comedy: Low Cult: Low Risque: None Modern: Key Feature Realism: Low Hyper Realism: None Hardcore: Low Lucha Libre: None Pure: Low DareDevil: None The other Style i was thinking of having was a mix of Modern and Cult. It would have fast paced matches, and dark, edgey gimmicks and storylines. Name: Dark Edge (probably will change it) Booking AI: Single, 3 and 4 – Way, 6-man and 2-Man Tag Match Ratio: 15% angles, the rest matches Expected Match Length: Minor – 8-10 minutes, Medium – 11-15 minutes, Major – 20-30 minutes Match Intensity: High Match Danger: Medium Women's Wrestling: Men only [U]Appeal:[/U] Traditional: None Mainstream: None Comedy: None Cult: Key Feature Risque: Medium Modern: Key Feature Realism: None Hyper Realism: None Hardcore: Medium Lucha Libre: None Pure: Low DareDevil: Low I'm not sure if these are accurate to what i described as to what i want my promotions to be so if something isn't right feel free to tell me about it.

There are two different types that I was thinking of having as a promotion style. The first i was thinking of having a mix between SE and Cutting Edge. It would have shorter matches, but fast paced action with a little comedy and over the top gimmicks and storylines. Name: Cutting Edge Entertainment Booking AI: Single, 3 and 4 – Way, and Tag Match Ratio: 15% or 20% angles, the rest matches Expected Match Length: Minor – 5-8 minutes, Medium – 10-12 minutes, Major – 18-20 minutes Match Intensity: High Match Danger: Medium Women's Wrestling: Men only (might change it and add a womens division) [U]Appeal:[/U] Traditional: None Mainstream: Key Feature Comedy: Low Cult: Low Risque: None Modern: Key Feature Realism: Low Hyper Realism: None Hardcore: Low Lucha Libre: None Pure: Low DareDevil: None The other Style i was thinking of having was a mix of Modern and Cult. It would have fast paced matches, and dark, edgey gimmicks and storylines. Name: Dark Edge (probably will change it) Booking AI: Single, 3 and 4 – Way, 6-man and 2-Man Tag Match Ratio: 15% angles, the rest matches Expected Match Length: Minor – 8-10 minutes, Medium – 11-15 minutes, Major – 20-30 minutes Match Intensity: High Match Danger: Medium Women's Wrestling: Men only [U]Appeal:[/U] Traditional: None Mainstream: None Comedy: None Cult: Key Feature Risque: Medium Modern: Key Feature Realism: None Hyper Realism: None Hardcore: Medium Lucha Libre: None Pure: Low DareDevil: Low I'm not sure if these are accurate to what i described as to what i want my promotions to be so if something isn't right feel free to tell me about it.

Mine will be for the my own made up former E-Fed I always play in TEW, the Kamikaze Wrestling Alliance, straight outta Jersey Style Name: Hoff-Style Booking AI: 1 v 1, Tag, 3 way dances, 4 way, you get the idea Matches to angles: Prolly between 6 and 10 minutes per hour Match Intensity: Medium - High Match Danger: Mostly None to Low with the odd big insane hardcore match. So medium? PROMOTION APPEAL Traditional: None Mainstream: Medium Comedy: Medium Cult: High Risque: Medium Modern: Key Feature Realism: Low Hyper Realism: None Hardcore: Medium Lucha Libre: Medium Pure: None Daredevil: Medium Seems like a mix of just about everything. Just how I like it

Mine will be for the my own made up former E-Fed I always play in TEW, the Kamikaze Wrestling Alliance, straight outta Jersey Style Name: Hoff-Style Booking AI: 1 v 1, Tag, 3 way dances, 4 way, you get the idea Matches to angles: Prolly between 6 and 10 minutes per hour Match Intensity: Medium - High Match Danger: Mostly None to Low with the odd big insane hardcore match. So medium? PROMOTION APPEAL Traditional: None Mainstream: Medium Comedy: Medium Cult: High Risque: Medium Modern: Key Feature Realism: Low Hyper Realism: None Hardcore: Medium Lucha Libre: Medium Pure: None Daredevil: Medium Seems like a mix of just about everything. Just how I like it

[b]Promotion Name:[/b] J Violence Project [B]Style Name:[/B] Speedcore (hardcore, junior) [B]Booking AI:[/B] 1v1, Tag, 1v1v1, 1v1v1v1, Battle Royals, 6 Man...yeah=etc. [B]Matches to angles:[/B] Mostly matches with short interviews for major players [B]Expected match length:[/B] Minor - 7 mins, medium - 10 mins, major 15 mins and up [B]Match Intensity:[/B] Medium [B]Match Danger:[/B] Very High [b]Womens:[/b] Male dominated w/ women's division PROMOTION APPEAL [B]Traditional:[/B] Low [B]Mainstream:[/B] None [B]Comedy:[/B] Medium [B]Cult:[/B] High [B]Risque:[/B] None [B]Modern:[/B] None [B]Realism:[/B] Low [B]Hyper Realism:[/B] None [B]Hardcore:[/B] Very High [B]Lucha Libre:[/B] Low [B]Pure:[/B] None [B]Daredevil:[/B] Very High

[b]Promotion Name:[/b] J Violence Project [B]Style Name:[/B] Speedcore (hardcore, junior) [B]Booking AI:[/B] 1v1, Tag, 1v1v1, 1v1v1v1, Battle Royals, 6 Man...yeah=etc. [B]Matches to angles:[/B] Mostly matches with short interviews for major players [B]Expected match length:[/B] Minor - 7 mins, medium - 10 mins, major 15 mins and up [B]Match Intensity:[/B] Medium [B]Match Danger:[/B] Very High [b]Womens:[/b] Male dominated w/ women's division PROMOTION APPEAL [B]Traditional:[/B] Low [B]Mainstream:[/B] None [B]Comedy:[/B] Medium [B]Cult:[/B] High [B]Risque:[/B] None [B]Modern:[/B] None [B]Realism:[/B] Low [B]Hyper Realism:[/B] None [B]Hardcore:[/B] Very High [B]Lucha Libre:[/B] Low [B]Pure:[/B] None [B]Daredevil:[/B] Very High

[B]Promotion Name:[/B] Hardcore Gore Wrestling or VIEW (Violence Intensive Extreme Wrestling) [B]Style Name:[/B] Pure Speedcore (pure, strong style, hardcore, junior) ((BAD ASS style name by the way SWIFT, consider it stolen...)) or Strongcore-Purespeed [B]Booking AI:[/B] 1v1, lots of triple threats, multiman elimination matches, occasional battle royals, stable v stable, and a big push on the tag titles. lots of tournaments such as....King of Deathmatches, Junior/Indy tourny, Strong Style tourny, and Tag Team tourny, probably one every three months [B]Matches to angles:[/B] 10-20%. maybe interviews here and there, and set ups for matches and beatdowns. lots of beatdowns. [B]Expected match length:[/B] Minor - <10 mins, Medium - 10-20 mins, Major - 20 mins + [B]Match Intensity:[/B] high (hopefully) [B]Match Danger:[/B] med - very high [B]Womens:[/B] not really, not at first at least.... PROMOTION APPEAL [B]Traditional:[/B] Low [B]Mainstream:[/B] None [B]Comedy:[/B] Low [B]Cult:[/B] Medium - High [B]Risque:[/B] Medium. i foresee strong language and lots of blood [B]Modern:[/B] Low [B]Realism:[/B] Medium, high for strong style [B]Hyper Realism:[/B] ? [B]Hardcore:[/B] High [B]Lucha Libre:[/B] Medium [B]Pure:[/B] Medium - High [B]Daredevil:[/B] Very High TITLES [B]Main Eventers[/B] HGW/VIEW World Title, HGW/VIEW World Tag Titles (either ME or Midcarders) [B]Midcarders[/B] Ultra Title, possibe Ultra Tag Titles (once i start a dynasty/diary i will describe my ideas about the Ultra Title...) [B]Openers[/B] none at this time, possibly a Dark Title for dark match workers only to help get them over.....but that seems cheap.

[B]Promotion Name:[/B] Hardcore Gore Wrestling or VIEW (Violence Intensive Extreme Wrestling) [B]Style Name:[/B] Pure Speedcore (pure, strong style, hardcore, junior) ((BAD ASS style name by the way SWIFT, consider it stolen...)) or Strongcore-Purespeed [B]Booking AI:[/B] 1v1, lots of triple threats, multiman elimination matches, occasional battle royals, stable v stable, and a big push on the tag titles. lots of tournaments such as....King of Deathmatches, Junior/Indy tourny, Strong Style tourny, and Tag Team tourny, probably one every three months [B]Matches to angles:[/B] 10-20%. maybe interviews here and there, and set ups for matches and beatdowns. lots of beatdowns. [B]Expected match length:[/B] Minor - <10 mins, Medium - 10-20 mins, Major - 20 mins + [B]Match Intensity:[/B] high (hopefully) [B]Match Danger:[/B] med - very high [B]Womens:[/B] not really, not at first at least.... PROMOTION APPEAL [B]Traditional:[/B] Low [B]Mainstream:[/B] None [B]Comedy:[/B] Low [B]Cult:[/B] Medium - High [B]Risque:[/B] Medium. i foresee strong language and lots of blood [B]Modern:[/B] Low [B]Realism:[/B] Medium, high for strong style [B]Hyper Realism:[/B] ? [B]Hardcore:[/B] High [B]Lucha Libre:[/B] Medium [B]Pure:[/B] Medium - High [B]Daredevil:[/B] Very High TITLES [B]Main Eventers[/B] HGW/VIEW World Title, HGW/VIEW World Tag Titles (either ME or Midcarders) [B]Midcarders[/B] Ultra Title, possibe Ultra Tag Titles (once i start a dynasty/diary i will describe my ideas about the Ultra Title...) [B]Openers[/B] none at this time, possibly a Dark Title for dark match workers only to help get them over.....but that seems cheap.

[QUOTE=thug saint oga;154514][B]Promotion Name:[/B] Hardcore Gore Wrestling or VIEW (Violence Intensive Extreme Wrestling) [B]Style Name:[/B] Pure Speedcore (pure, strong style, hardcore, junior) ((BAD ASS style name by the way SWIFT, consider it stolen...)) or Strongcore-Purespeed [/QUOTE] I like promotions that spell out words. Strongcore is a cool style name, man. Fan #1: No, that promotion is [i]not[/i] strongcore, it would have to be more "core" than "strong". Fan #2: No, it's the otherway around! And that promotion is [i]so[/i] strongcore! [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Crossover Style Names[/COLOR] Tearing wrestling communities apart since 1995.

[QUOTE=thug saint oga;154514][B]Promotion Name:[/B] Hardcore Gore Wrestling or VIEW (Violence Intensive Extreme Wrestling) [B]Style Name:[/B] Pure Speedcore (pure, strong style, hardcore, junior) ((BAD ASS style name by the way SWIFT, consider it stolen...)) or Strongcore-Purespeed [/QUOTE] I like promotions that spell out words. Strongcore is a cool style name, man. Fan #1: No, that promotion is [i]not[/i] strongcore, it would have to be more "core" than "strong". Fan #2: No, it's the otherway around! And that promotion is [i]so[/i] strongcore! [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Crossover Style Names[/COLOR] Tearing wrestling communities apart since 1995.

Name: Traditional WRESTLING Entertainment Booking AI: Single, Tag. Match Ratio: 1 to 1.5 angles per match Expected Match Length: Minor – 7 minutes, Medium – 10-12 minutes, Major – 15-30 minutes Match Intensity: Medium-Low Match Danger: Very Low Women's Wrestling: Rarely if ever. Appeal: Traditional: High Mainstream: High Comedy: None Cult: None Risque: Low Modern: Medium Realism: Key Feature Hyper Realism: None Hardcore: Low Lucha Libre: None Pure: Low DareDevil: None

Name: Traditional WRESTLING Entertainment Booking AI: Single, Tag. Match Ratio: 1 to 1.5 angles per match Expected Match Length: Minor – 7 minutes, Medium – 10-12 minutes, Major – 15-30 minutes Match Intensity: Medium-Low Match Danger: Very Low Women's Wrestling: Rarely if ever. Appeal: Traditional: High Mainstream: High Comedy: None Cult: None Risque: Low Modern: Medium Realism: Key Feature Hyper Realism: None Hardcore: Low Lucha Libre: None Pure: Low DareDevil: None

Style Name: S.A.C. (Smash And Clash) Booking AI: Mostly about in ring action, but having mostly interviews and few storylines to cater to people who like the people out of the ring. Matches to angles: 2:1 ratio, but this is dependant Expected match length: MINOR - 11 minutes - MEDIUM - 18 minutes - MAJOR - 25 minutes Match Intensity: Very High Match Danger: Medium PROMOTION APPEAL -------- Traditional: None Mainstream: Key Factor Comedy: Low Cult: Key Factor Risque: Low Modern: Low Realism: High Hyper Realism: None Hardcore: Low Lucha Libre: None Pure: Low Daredevil: Low Why take out traditional? I don't want faces vs. heels. I want people to cheer who they want and I want to make it more about the actually characters themselves. Hence why I have both Mainstream and Cult as Key Factors. Mainstream meaning anyone can watch the show, while Cult allowing for the characters to be darker than normal. At least that's what I'm hoping will happen.

Archived