Your Promotion Product Style?

Style Name: S.A.C. (Smash And Clash) Booking AI: Mostly about in ring action, but having mostly interviews and few storylines to cater to people who like the people out of the ring. Matches to angles: 2:1 ratio, but this is dependant Expected match length: MINOR - 11 minutes - MEDIUM - 18 minutes - MAJOR - 25 minutes Match Intensity: Very High Match Danger: Medium PROMOTION APPEAL -------- Traditional: None Mainstream: Key Factor Comedy: Low Cult: Key Factor Risque: Low Modern: Low Realism: High Hyper Realism: None Hardcore: Low Lucha Libre: None Pure: Low Daredevil: Low Why take out traditional? I don't want faces vs. heels. I want people to cheer who they want and I want to make it more about the actually characters themselves. Hence why I have both Mainstream and Cult as Key Factors. Mainstream meaning anyone can watch the show, while Cult allowing for the characters to be darker than normal. At least that's what I'm hoping will happen.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Style Name: Traditional Comedy Booking AI: Singles, Triple Threats/Four Ways and Tag Teams. Matches to angles: Minor: 2 mins, Medium: 10 mins, Major: 20 mins Match Intensity: Low Match Danger: low PROMOTION APPEAL Traditional: Medium Mainstream: Low Comedy: Very High Cult: None Risque: None Modern: Low Realism: None Hyper Realism: None Hardcore: None Lucha Libre: None Pure: None Daredevil: None

Style Name: Traditional Comedy Booking AI: Singles, Triple Threats/Four Ways and Tag Teams. Matches to angles: Minor: 2 mins, Medium: 10 mins, Major: 20 mins Match Intensity: Low Match Danger: low PROMOTION APPEAL Traditional: Medium Mainstream: Low Comedy: Very High Cult: None Risque: None Modern: Low Realism: None Hyper Realism: None Hardcore: None Lucha Libre: None Pure: None Daredevil: None

Style Name: Strong Lucha Booking AI: Singles, Tag Teams, Six Mans, Occassional Battle Royale. Matches to angles: Mainly matches, some in-ring talking, and in-ring angles. Match Times: Minor - 7-10 mins, Medium 10-13 mins, Major, 10-20/25 mins. Match Intensity: Low Match Danger: low PROMOTION APPEAL Traditional: Low-Moderate Mainstream: Low Comedy: Low-Medium Cult: None Risque: None Modern: Low Realism: Moderate Hyper Realism: None Hardcore: None Lucha Libre: High Pure: Low Daredevil: Low-Moderate Strong Lucha is the style of Pro-Wrestling KAGEKI. It takes the form of New Japan's Strong Style, and mixes it with Lucha Libre. It shows a very heavy mat based offence, and where big moves are meaningful, and few and far between.

Style Name: Strong Lucha Booking AI: Singles, Tag Teams, Six Mans, Occassional Battle Royale. Matches to angles: Mainly matches, some in-ring talking, and in-ring angles. Match Times: Minor - 7-10 mins, Medium 10-13 mins, Major, 10-20/25 mins. Match Intensity: Low Match Danger: low PROMOTION APPEAL Traditional: Low-Moderate Mainstream: Low Comedy: Low-Medium Cult: None Risque: None Modern: Low Realism: Moderate Hyper Realism: None Hardcore: None Lucha Libre: High Pure: Low Daredevil: Low-Moderate Strong Lucha is the style of Pro-Wrestling KAGEKI. It takes the form of New Japan's Strong Style, and mixes it with Lucha Libre. It shows a very heavy mat based offence, and where big moves are meaningful, and few and far between.

Style Name: Grand Pro Style Booking AI: Singles, Tag Teams, Six Mans - basically pretty diverse. Matches to angles: Mainly matches, some backstage promos and in-ring angles. Old school style, I guess. Match Times: Minor - 6-10 mins, Medium 10-15 mins, Major 15-25 mins. Match Intensity: Low Match Danger: low PROMOTION APPEAL Traditional: Low/Moderate Mainstream: Moderate Comedy: None Cult: None Risque: None Modern: Low Realism: None Hyper Realism: None Hardcore: None Lucha Libre: High Pure: None Daredevil: Low This is designed to take the best of lucha libre, mix it with American wrestling and make it a unique product on the American market. I don't know if it'll work or if the lucha and mainstream andtraditional styles will conflict too much for it to draw so I'll probably need to change some things in order for it to work, but we'll see when the demo comes out.

Style Name: Grand Pro Style Booking AI: Singles, Tag Teams, Six Mans - basically pretty diverse. Matches to angles: Mainly matches, some backstage promos and in-ring angles. Old school style, I guess. Match Times: Minor - 6-10 mins, Medium 10-15 mins, Major 15-25 mins. Match Intensity: Low Match Danger: low PROMOTION APPEAL Traditional: Low/Moderate Mainstream: Moderate Comedy: None Cult: None Risque: None Modern: Low Realism: None Hyper Realism: None Hardcore: None Lucha Libre: High Pure: None Daredevil: Low This is designed to take the best of lucha libre, mix it with American wrestling and make it a unique product on the American market. I don't know if it'll work or if the lucha and mainstream andtraditional styles will conflict too much for it to draw so I'll probably need to change some things in order for it to work, but we'll see when the demo comes out.

[QUOTE=Showtime4Lajf;155856] This is designed to take the best of lucha libre, mix it with American wrestling and make it a unique product on the American market. I don't know if it'll work or if the lucha and mainstream andtraditional styles will conflict too much for it to draw so I'll probably need to change some things in order for it to work, but we'll see when the demo comes out.[/QUOTE] Traditional style Lucha Libre would have those two features (Mainstream and Traditional) at High and Key Factor respectively, IMO. Lucha Libre holds the division of Face/Heel as very important aspects of its style, and has always been a fairly family friendly product (with rare exceptions).

[QUOTE=Showtime4Lajf;155856] This is designed to take the best of lucha libre, mix it with American wrestling and make it a unique product on the American market. I don't know if it'll work or if the lucha and mainstream andtraditional styles will conflict too much for it to draw so I'll probably need to change some things in order for it to work, but we'll see when the demo comes out.[/QUOTE] Traditional style Lucha Libre would have those two features (Mainstream and Traditional) at High and Key Factor respectively, IMO. Lucha Libre holds the division of Face/Heel as very important aspects of its style, and has always been a fairly family friendly product (with rare exceptions).

[QUOTE=Lonewolf_92;155864]Traditional style Lucha Libre would have those two features (Mainstream and Traditional) at High and Key Factor respectively, IMO. Lucha Libre holds the division of Face/Heel as very important aspects of its style, and has always been a fairly family friendly product (with rare exceptions).[/QUOTE] That seems right, now that you mention it. I just thought those two characteristics might represent that particular style as they were in TEW '05. As in mainstream was SE, and traditional and lucha libre represented those styles as they were set up in '05.

[QUOTE=Lonewolf_92;155864]Traditional style Lucha Libre would have those two features (Mainstream and Traditional) at High and Key Factor respectively, IMO. Lucha Libre holds the division of Face/Heel as very important aspects of its style, and has always been a fairly family friendly product (with rare exceptions).[/QUOTE] That seems right, now that you mention it. I just thought those two characteristics might represent that particular style as they were in TEW '05. As in mainstream was SE, and traditional and lucha libre represented those styles as they were set up in '05.

[QUOTE=Showtime4Lajf;155867]That seems right, now that you mention it. I just thought those two characteristics might represent that particular style as they were in TEW '05. As in mainstream was SE, and traditional and lucha libre represented those styles as they were set up in '05.[/QUOTE] I kinda thought that might have been your thought process when you posted that. I'm kinda curious as to what the Lucha setting represents, as it seems to me that you could build many flavors of lucha libre with the other settings that are also being offered (namely Traditional and Daredevil). It isn't like lucha has a strict ring style like Japanese Strong Style. Style Name: Havoc Booking AI: Tag, Six Man Matches to angles: Not sure, but not much. Expected match length: Minor - 10 to 15 mins, medium - 15 to 20 mins, major - 20-25 Match Intensity: Low Match Danger: High Women's Wrestling: Male dominated with women's division PROMOTION APPEAL Traditional: Low Mainstream: Low Comedy: None Cult: Key Feature Risque: High Modern: Very High Realism: Low Hyper Realism: None Hardcore: Very High Lucha Libre: High Pure: Low Daredevil: Very High The idea of my style is a heavy focus on teams of wrestlers with dark edgy personas doing a heavy mix of hardcore and high spot work. A typical match of the Havoc style would see the use of lots of plunder that the wrestlers launch each other into or themselves off of, such as chairs and tables. Preference would be given to the use of gimmick matches that offer the same (such as Cage matches, Ladder matches, TLC, etc.). A promotion based on the Havoc style would have to see at least one table broken to call a card successful. Workers such as Sabu, RVD, and Sonjay Dutt would thrive in a Havoc based promotion. The target is to get my wrestlers over mostly on their talent in those areas (with a little give for the odd charasmatic guy/gal). I decided to go with teams of two/three instead of singles so that wrestlers who are less talented on the mic can leech off a skilled guy, and so that (given the rough style of match I'm providing) I have back up bodies if somebody ends up hurt.

[QUOTE=Showtime4Lajf;155867]That seems right, now that you mention it. I just thought those two characteristics might represent that particular style as they were in TEW '05. As in mainstream was SE, and traditional and lucha libre represented those styles as they were set up in '05.[/QUOTE] I kinda thought that might have been your thought process when you posted that. I'm kinda curious as to what the Lucha setting represents, as it seems to me that you could build many flavors of lucha libre with the other settings that are also being offered (namely Traditional and Daredevil). It isn't like lucha has a strict ring style like Japanese Strong Style. Style Name: Havoc Booking AI: Tag, Six Man Matches to angles: Not sure, but not much. Expected match length: Minor - 10 to 15 mins, medium - 15 to 20 mins, major - 20-25 Match Intensity: Low Match Danger: High Women's Wrestling: Male dominated with women's division PROMOTION APPEAL Traditional: Low Mainstream: Low Comedy: None Cult: Key Feature Risque: High Modern: Very High Realism: Low Hyper Realism: None Hardcore: Very High Lucha Libre: High Pure: Low Daredevil: Very High The idea of my style is a heavy focus on teams of wrestlers with dark edgy personas doing a heavy mix of hardcore and high spot work. A typical match of the Havoc style would see the use of lots of plunder that the wrestlers launch each other into or themselves off of, such as chairs and tables. Preference would be given to the use of gimmick matches that offer the same (such as Cage matches, Ladder matches, TLC, etc.). A promotion based on the Havoc style would have to see at least one table broken to call a card successful. Workers such as Sabu, RVD, and Sonjay Dutt would thrive in a Havoc based promotion. The target is to get my wrestlers over mostly on their talent in those areas (with a little give for the odd charasmatic guy/gal). I decided to go with teams of two/three instead of singles so that wrestlers who are less talented on the mic can leech off a skilled guy, and so that (given the rough style of match I'm providing) I have back up bodies if somebody ends up hurt.

What I want to know is (I looked, didn't find)... is this goin to be strictly user-settable, or will the game analyze your shows and adjust your promotion's style to match what you've ben doing? Can you train your audience to expect shorter matches? Can you go from an also-ran traditional fed to the next big hardcore fed with a few months of bloody matches that drive off your old audience but attract a new one? Can you seek a more sports-entertainment crowd simply by scheduling more great promos? If you fire all your guys and hold shows with only women... do you not get the women's wrestling fanbase until you click on a slider, or will they gradually show up?

What I want to know is (I looked, didn't find)... is this goin to be strictly user-settable, or will the game analyze your shows and adjust your promotion's style to match what you've ben doing? Can you train your audience to expect shorter matches? Can you go from an also-ran traditional fed to the next big hardcore fed with a few months of bloody matches that drive off your old audience but attract a new one? Can you seek a more sports-entertainment crowd simply by scheduling more great promos? If you fire all your guys and hold shows with only women... do you not get the women's wrestling fanbase until you click on a slider, or will they gradually show up?

[QUOTE=infinitywpi;156343]What I want to know is (I looked, didn't find)... is this goin to be strictly user-settable, or will the game analyze your shows and adjust your promotion's style to match what you've ben doing? Can you train your audience to expect shorter matches? Can you go from an also-ran traditional fed to the next big hardcore fed with a few months of bloody matches that drive off your old audience but attract a new one? Can you seek a more sports-entertainment crowd simply by scheduling more great promos? If you fire all your guys and hold shows with only women... do you not get the women's wrestling fanbase until you click on a slider, or will they gradually show up?[/QUOTE] My understanding is that styles will be set in the scenario, and changing styles in game will be the same as in 05. If you want an all new style in your running game, you'd import one.

[QUOTE=infinitywpi;156343]What I want to know is (I looked, didn't find)... is this goin to be strictly user-settable, or will the game analyze your shows and adjust your promotion's style to match what you've ben doing? Can you train your audience to expect shorter matches? Can you go from an also-ran traditional fed to the next big hardcore fed with a few months of bloody matches that drive off your old audience but attract a new one? Can you seek a more sports-entertainment crowd simply by scheduling more great promos? If you fire all your guys and hold shows with only women... do you not get the women's wrestling fanbase until you click on a slider, or will they gradually show up?[/QUOTE] My understanding is that styles will be set in the scenario, and changing styles in game will be the same as in 05. If you want an all new style in your running game, you'd import one.

I am going to make my Texas based XXCW promotion a "New School" style. A traditional background with strong storylines that are all based on the in ring product, which will be a high quality worked match. I'm kind of going for a "PWG" feel to it. Great, athletic matches with good characters and storylines...a little comedy thrown in as well

I am going to make my Texas based XXCW promotion a "New School" style. A traditional background with strong storylines that are all based on the in ring product, which will be a high quality worked match. I'm kind of going for a "PWG" feel to it. Great, athletic matches with good characters and storylines...a little comedy thrown in as well

[QUOTE=infinitywpi;156343]What I want to know is (I looked, didn't find)... is this goin to be strictly user-settable, or will the game analyze your shows and adjust your promotion's style to match what you've ben doing? Can you train your audience to expect shorter matches? Can you go from an also-ran traditional fed to the next big hardcore fed with a few months of bloody matches that drive off your old audience but attract a new one? Can you seek a more sports-entertainment crowd simply by scheduling more great promos? If you fire all your guys and hold shows with only women... do you not get the women's wrestling fanbase until you click on a slider, or will they gradually show up?[/QUOTE] I think optimally this is the way it should work. most feds don't come out and say they are changing style, often it is a slow progression in one direction or another. If you are sports entertainment but all you ever use is women then you should attract fans of female wrestling and those from sports entertianment that are not opposed to womens wrestling.

[QUOTE=infinitywpi;156343]What I want to know is (I looked, didn't find)... is this goin to be strictly user-settable, or will the game analyze your shows and adjust your promotion's style to match what you've ben doing? Can you train your audience to expect shorter matches? Can you go from an also-ran traditional fed to the next big hardcore fed with a few months of bloody matches that drive off your old audience but attract a new one? Can you seek a more sports-entertainment crowd simply by scheduling more great promos? If you fire all your guys and hold shows with only women... do you not get the women's wrestling fanbase until you click on a slider, or will they gradually show up?[/QUOTE] I think optimally this is the way it should work. most feds don't come out and say they are changing style, often it is a slow progression in one direction or another. If you are sports entertainment but all you ever use is women then you should attract fans of female wrestling and those from sports entertianment that are not opposed to womens wrestling.

Archived