Your Promotion Product Style?

In TEW05, the closest I came to this was Cutting Edge. But, I didn't want a TNA-style promotion. I tried doing hardcore matches, but the crowd didn't like hardcore matches too often. I hope with this feature, I can make it so the fans will be expecting no-rules matches, with mainstream match stipulations, and mainstream production value in the Extreme Edge promotions. Style Name: Extreme Edge (X-Edge for short) Style Description: Will be a mix between TNA, ECW, WWE, and ROH. Every match will have no DQ rules, which will cause the dardevils and the extremists to shine. Production Values: Most X-Edge promotions will have WWE-like production values, and will take place in big arenas. My promotion is going to take place in Canada and is going to be called "Canadian Hardcore Combat". Booking AI: Every type of mainstream match will be involved, (e.g. Singles, Tag, 3-Way, 4-Way, Elimination, Cage, Submission, Ladder, Table, etc.) Matches to angles: 70% Matches, 30% Interviews & Angles Expected match length: Minor:10-15 minutes, Medium: 15-25 minutes, Major: 25-40 minutes Match Intensity: Low-Medium to Very High Match Danger: Low-Medium to Extremely High Women's Wrestling: Strong Women's divisions, but style is male-dominated PROMOTION APPEAL Traditional: Medium-High Mainstream: High Comedy: Low Cult: Very Low Risque: Medium Modern: High Realism: High Hyper Realism: Low-Medium Hardcore: High Lucha Libre: Medium Pure: Medium-High Daredevil: High

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In TEW05, the closest I came to this was Cutting Edge. But, I didn't want a TNA-style promotion. I tried doing hardcore matches, but the crowd didn't like hardcore matches too often. I hope with this feature, I can make it so the fans will be expecting no-rules matches, with mainstream match stipulations, and mainstream production value in the Extreme Edge promotions. Style Name: Extreme Edge (X-Edge for short) Style Description: Will be a mix between TNA, ECW, WWE, and ROH. Every match will have no DQ rules, which will cause the dardevils and the extremists to shine. Production Values: Most X-Edge promotions will have WWE-like production values, and will take place in big arenas. My promotion is going to take place in Canada and is going to be called "Canadian Hardcore Combat". Booking AI: Every type of mainstream match will be involved, (e.g. Singles, Tag, 3-Way, 4-Way, Elimination, Cage, Submission, Ladder, Table, etc.) Matches to angles: 70% Matches, 30% Interviews & Angles Expected match length: Minor:10-15 minutes, Medium: 15-25 minutes, Major: 25-40 minutes Match Intensity: Low-Medium to Very High Match Danger: Low-Medium to Extremely High Women's Wrestling: Strong Women's divisions, but style is male-dominated PROMOTION APPEAL Traditional: Medium-High Mainstream: High Comedy: Low Cult: Very Low Risque: Medium Modern: High Realism: High Hyper Realism: Low-Medium Hardcore: High Lucha Libre: Medium Pure: Medium-High Daredevil: High

X-Edge sounds, well, [I]extremely[/I] similar to what I typically do with my eXtreme Wrestling Alliance (apparently this name's been used in reality, but the only one with a website I've found [I]seems[/I] to be defunct at the moment). I even based it in Toronto once, although it's typically HQ'd in Huntington, LI, NY. I think that to match my own promotion, there needs to be a few changes, however: Style Name: Mod X-Edge Style Description: Emphasizing what TNA [I]claims[/I] to be, and what ECW often approached, with a hint of ROH and SHIMMER thrown in. Production Values: I always spend every cent I can toward boosting production values -- if it was possible to EXCEED WWE, I think I did (WWE-level camera work and production values PLUS licensed themes, so my brother-in-law's doppleganger, ZOMBi, really [I]would[/I] be coming to the ring to Disturbed's "Down With the Sickness", for example). Booking AI: Difficult to pin down, but pretty much any match that would fit the performers. Matches to angles: In TEW2005, almost EXACTLY 4:1 at times, although it would suffer when there were injuries Expected match length: Minor:9-15 min(usually 12), Medium: 15-24 min(typically 18), Major: 24-60 min (usually 30-33) Match Intensity: Low-Medium to Very High (that fits me as well) Match Danger: Low-Medium to Extremely High (same here) Women's Wrestling: Male dominated with (again, strong) Women's div (this was another 4:1 ratio for me, with 32M/8F wrestlers, rising to 36/9, then finally to 48/12. About 2:1 for nonperformers, and the only Road Agents that were women were self-created, but I usually had one of those just because.) PROMOTION APPEAL Traditional: Medium Mainstream: Med-High Comedy: Medium Cult: Very Low Risque: Medium Modern: High Realism: High Hyper Realism: Low Hardcore: High Lucha Libre: Medium Pure: Medium Daredevil: High It really comes across as more of a Hybrid, come to think of it, but I did alright with it under the Cutting Edge rules, although I think it'll be interesting to see how it works out in '07. (And yes, I shamelessly create superwrestlers with barely any overness out of my friends and family to be the lower-midcard, so that might be the key to my success -- then again, I lose a lot of them to RoH after a while, so that can't be the [I]whole[/I] reason.)

X-Edge sounds, well, [I]extremely[/I] similar to what I typically do with my eXtreme Wrestling Alliance (apparently this name's been used in reality, but the only one with a website I've found [I]seems[/I] to be defunct at the moment). I even based it in Toronto once, although it's typically HQ'd in Huntington, LI, NY. I think that to match my own promotion, there needs to be a few changes, however: Style Name: Mod X-Edge Style Description: Emphasizing what TNA [I]claims[/I] to be, and what ECW often approached, with a hint of ROH and SHIMMER thrown in. Production Values: I always spend every cent I can toward boosting production values -- if it was possible to EXCEED WWE, I think I did (WWE-level camera work and production values PLUS licensed themes, so my brother-in-law's doppleganger, ZOMBi, really [I]would[/I] be coming to the ring to Disturbed's "Down With the Sickness", for example). Booking AI: Difficult to pin down, but pretty much any match that would fit the performers. Matches to angles: In TEW2005, almost EXACTLY 4:1 at times, although it would suffer when there were injuries Expected match length: Minor:9-15 min(usually 12), Medium: 15-24 min(typically 18), Major: 24-60 min (usually 30-33) Match Intensity: Low-Medium to Very High (that fits me as well) Match Danger: Low-Medium to Extremely High (same here) Women's Wrestling: Male dominated with (again, strong) Women's div (this was another 4:1 ratio for me, with 32M/8F wrestlers, rising to 36/9, then finally to 48/12. About 2:1 for nonperformers, and the only Road Agents that were women were self-created, but I usually had one of those just because.) PROMOTION APPEAL Traditional: Medium Mainstream: Med-High Comedy: Medium Cult: Very Low Risque: Medium Modern: High Realism: High Hyper Realism: Low Hardcore: High Lucha Libre: Medium Pure: Medium Daredevil: High It really comes across as more of a Hybrid, come to think of it, but I did alright with it under the Cutting Edge rules, although I think it'll be interesting to see how it works out in '07. (And yes, I shamelessly create superwrestlers with barely any overness out of my friends and family to be the lower-midcard, so that might be the key to my success -- then again, I lose a lot of them to RoH after a while, so that can't be the [I]whole[/I] reason.)

Wow... Your style really DOES sound like mine. Except, mine would seem like a TNA/WWE-style promotion, (TNA-quality matches, WWE-quality production value), but there are no rules in ANY of the matches, (much like the ROH/ECW/CZW style). PS. It is pretty weird that you set your promotion in Toronto once. lol. I actually LIVE in Toronto, and the closest thing to this is the UWA promotion set in Mississauga, (about 45 minutes out of Toronto), where it has a working agreement with TNA, ROH, and CZW (When I went, Chris Sabin, Alex Shelley, and Homocide all wrestled). Only one of the matches had the "hardcore" moniker attached to it, and a guy got sent through a table. But, the other matches, (which weren't hardcore), had all this crazy **** (Homocide jumping through the ropes and into the barracade right where I was standing). Anyway, UWA is what I based my CHC promotion on, except I had it so it was the biggest promotion in Canada.

Wow... Your style really DOES sound like mine. Except, mine would seem like a TNA/WWE-style promotion, (TNA-quality matches, WWE-quality production value), but there are no rules in ANY of the matches, (much like the ROH/ECW/CZW style). PS. It is pretty weird that you set your promotion in Toronto once. lol. I actually LIVE in Toronto, and the closest thing to this is the UWA promotion set in Mississauga, (about 45 minutes out of Toronto), where it has a working agreement with TNA, ROH, and CZW (When I went, Chris Sabin, Alex Shelley, and Homocide all wrestled). Only one of the matches had the "hardcore" moniker attached to it, and a guy got sent through a table. But, the other matches, (which weren't hardcore), had all this crazy **** (Homocide jumping through the ropes and into the barracade right where I was standing). Anyway, UWA is what I based my CHC promotion on, except I had it so it was the biggest promotion in Canada.

I'm trying to make the RPW promotion, since it's imo the easiest to begin with. It's not a lot of work so for a n00b like me it'll definately be doable. But what I don't know is what the settings/customs will need to be if I tend to make this promotion ([url]www.realprowrestling.com[/url]) like it's for real. I assume they value the pure wrestling style alot since they take actual amateur wrestlers and put them in a professional background, bending the amateur rules a bit to fit their liking. Translated in the concrete customisable settings, can someone please (more or less) give me the settings? Thanks a bundle. I'll try (plz correct). Here goes: [B]Style Name: REAL PRO[/B] [B]Booking AI[/B]: Mostly singles, but the occasional tag match [B]Titles[/B]: 4 Main titles representing the weight classes (Is weight in-game?) [B]Matches to angles[/B]: 10 - 1 ? (I'm thinking of doing solely 'Tournament' angles through shows) [B]Expected match length[/B]: MINOR = 2 minutes - MEDIUM = 6 minutes - MAJOR = 30 minutes [B]Match Intensity[/B]: Very High [B]Match Danger[/B]: Medium? (They get injured sometimes i think) [U]PROMOTION APPEAL[/U] Traditional: Very Low? Mainstream: Low? Comedy: Low Cult: High? Risque: Very Low? Modern: Very Low? Realism: Very High Hyper Realism: Very High Hardcore: None Lucha Libre: None? Pure: Very High Daredevil: Very Low? Furthermore a question: Their matches (since they are amateur style) end in pins sometimes, but most of the time ends in points. How do I translate that to the match settings? Thanks a bundle! EDIT: Since there is also a women variable. I could add women, but then I would have to increase the risque to medium since women aren't fully integrated in the sport yet (I think). But I wouldn't add a women's division from the start since it would mean too much trouble. Depends on the amount of women puro's in the database. :)

I'm trying to make the RPW promotion, since it's imo the easiest to begin with. It's not a lot of work so for a n00b like me it'll definately be doable. But what I don't know is what the settings/customs will need to be if I tend to make this promotion ([url]www.realprowrestling.com[/url]) like it's for real. I assume they value the pure wrestling style alot since they take actual amateur wrestlers and put them in a professional background, bending the amateur rules a bit to fit their liking. Translated in the concrete customisable settings, can someone please (more or less) give me the settings? Thanks a bundle. I'll try (plz correct). Here goes: [B]Style Name: REAL PRO[/B] [B]Booking AI[/B]: Mostly singles, but the occasional tag match [B]Titles[/B]: 4 Main titles representing the weight classes (Is weight in-game?) [B]Matches to angles[/B]: 10 - 1 ? (I'm thinking of doing solely 'Tournament' angles through shows) [B]Expected match length[/B]: MINOR = 2 minutes - MEDIUM = 6 minutes - MAJOR = 30 minutes [B]Match Intensity[/B]: Very High [B]Match Danger[/B]: Medium? (They get injured sometimes i think) [U]PROMOTION APPEAL[/U] Traditional: Very Low? Mainstream: Low? Comedy: Low Cult: High? Risque: Very Low? Modern: Very Low? Realism: Very High Hyper Realism: Very High Hardcore: None Lucha Libre: None? Pure: Very High Daredevil: Very Low? Furthermore a question: Their matches (since they are amateur style) end in pins sometimes, but most of the time ends in points. How do I translate that to the match settings? Thanks a bundle! EDIT: Since there is also a women variable. I could add women, but then I would have to increase the risque to medium since women aren't fully integrated in the sport yet (I think). But I wouldn't add a women's division from the start since it would mean too much trouble. Depends on the amount of women puro's in the database. :)

I want to start a 2001 game with the WWF and slowly turn the Attitude style into the Desire style focusing a little more on in-ring action! Style Name: Desire Matches Ratio: 30% Matches, 70% Angles Expected match length: MINOR = 0-5 minutes - MEDIUM = 5-15 minutes - MAJOR = 15-30 minutes Match Intensity: High Match Danger: Medium PROMOTION APPEAL Traditional: Low (A little bit of Traditional values still needed but I want shades of grey) Mainstream: Medium (Need some family entertainment in the shows but I would prefer to market to 13+ age group) Comedy: Key Feature (My shows are all about entertaining and I would like a lot of comedy in my shows, ala Team ECK and Rock n' Sock) Cult: Medium Risque: Medium (Would like it to be risque but not too racy) Modern: High (I am looking to modernise wrestling into a new style and era) Realism: High (A lot of realism into the matches to bring focus back onto in-ring action) Hyper Realism: Low (Only slight influences on the rare occasions on MMA fighting) Hardcore: Medium (Need a bit of blood and guts at times) Lucha Libre: Very Low (Not much focus on Lucha-Libre but the odd occasion wouldnt hurt) Pure: Very Low (Only the very rare) Daredevil: Medium (Need to cater to those spotfest fans aswell)

I want to start a 2001 game with the WWF and slowly turn the Attitude style into the Desire style focusing a little more on in-ring action! Style Name: Desire Matches Ratio: 30% Matches, 70% Angles Expected match length: MINOR = 0-5 minutes - MEDIUM = 5-15 minutes - MAJOR = 15-30 minutes Match Intensity: High Match Danger: Medium PROMOTION APPEAL Traditional: Low (A little bit of Traditional values still needed but I want shades of grey) Mainstream: Medium (Need some family entertainment in the shows but I would prefer to market to 13+ age group) Comedy: Key Feature (My shows are all about entertaining and I would like a lot of comedy in my shows, ala Team ECK and Rock n' Sock) Cult: Medium Risque: Medium (Would like it to be risque but not too racy) Modern: High (I am looking to modernise wrestling into a new style and era) Realism: High (A lot of realism into the matches to bring focus back onto in-ring action) Hyper Realism: Low (Only slight influences on the rare occasions on MMA fighting) Hardcore: Medium (Need a bit of blood and guts at times) Lucha Libre: Very Low (Not much focus on Lucha-Libre but the odd occasion wouldnt hurt) Pure: Very Low (Only the very rare) Daredevil: Medium (Need to cater to those spotfest fans aswell)

Name: Hybrid Sports Entertainment Booking AI: Singles, Tag Team, and Occasional Battle Royal Matches to angles: One Angle to every Match. Expected match length: Minor: 6 Minutes, Medium: 15 Minutes, High: 24 Minutes Match Intensity: High Match Danger: Medium PROMOTION APPEAL -------- Traditional: Medium Mainstream: Very Low Comedy: Medium Cult: High Risque: Medium Modern: Key Feature Realism: Very High Hyper Realism: Low Hardcore: Low Lucha Libre: Medium Pure: Very Low Daredevil: Medium

Name: Hybrid Sports Entertainment Booking AI: Singles, Tag Team, and Occasional Battle Royal Matches to angles: One Angle to every Match. Expected match length: Minor: 6 Minutes, Medium: 15 Minutes, High: 24 Minutes Match Intensity: High Match Danger: Medium PROMOTION APPEAL -------- Traditional: Medium Mainstream: Very Low Comedy: Medium Cult: High Risque: Medium Modern: Key Feature Realism: Very High Hyper Realism: Low Hardcore: Low Lucha Libre: Medium Pure: Very Low Daredevil: Medium

Archived