I try to refain myself from starting threads asking what will or will not be in TEW2007 but I'd like to make an exception, just this once. :D Anyway, I was playing TEW2005 earlier and as usual a new week came around and I had to book one of my television shows for ECW and I booked all the show up and as usual decided to book a Dark Match, so I chose the wrestlers involved, sorted out the finish of the match and then sorted out who I wanted as the announcers. Then I thought, why do I have to assign announcers? It's a Dark Match! I've been playing TEW2005 for about 6 months now and I've only just realised. So I was just wondering Adam, if we will have to assign announcers for Dark Matches in TEW2007? I just don't understand the logic in having to do so as the match isn't broadcast on television and thus there is no need to assign announcers.

This came up in the suggestions forum not to long ago so you could go back there to look at what was said. I will however restate my argument which was, just because seomthing isn't televised doesn't mean it doesn't neeed announcers. What happens to small feds with no TV show or no Pay-Per-View contract because they aren't broadcast do they now not need announcers. I've been to a few small shows here in New York and when I say small I mean like college gym small and they still had announcers sometimes they would just talk into a mic I think for the purposes of DVD some times there would be speakers or they would pump it out through the PA system so the audience could here. Just because the TV watching Public doesn't hear the annoucners becuase the matches aren't televised it doesn't men that they aren't used for something. That however is just my opinion I cannot recall if Adam commented on it or what he said about it.

This came up in the suggestions forum not to long ago so you could go back there to look at what was said. I will however restate my argument which was, just because seomthing isn't televised doesn't mean it doesn't neeed announcers. What happens to small feds with no TV show or no Pay-Per-View contract because they aren't broadcast do they now not need announcers. I've been to a few small shows here in New York and when I say small I mean like college gym small and they still had announcers sometimes they would just talk into a mic I think for the purposes of DVD some times there would be speakers or they would pump it out through the PA system so the audience could here. Just because the TV watching Public doesn't hear the annoucners becuase the matches aren't televised it doesn't men that they aren't used for something. That however is just my opinion I cannot recall if Adam commented on it or what he said about it.

[QUOTE=BlooMeanie;154077]I just don't understand the logic in having to do so as the match isn't broadcast on television and thus there is no need to assign announcers.[/QUOTE] Dark matches ARE broadcast, for all intents and purposes. If you don't think so, try this: Before the PM part of the day, go into the editor and check the overness values of the person at the bottom of your roster. Book that worker in a dark match with one of your main eventers. After the show, go check that worker's overness values then tell me how that's possible if the match wasn't broadcast. A lot of times, I use the second color chair in dark matches for workers who aren't going to be on a given show (to keep them from complaining) so I have no problems with having to assign announcers for dark matches. I use it just like the "special guest road agent" slot, in that respect.

[QUOTE=BlooMeanie;154077]I just don't understand the logic in having to do so as the match isn't broadcast on television and thus there is no need to assign announcers.[/QUOTE] Dark matches ARE broadcast, for all intents and purposes. If you don't think so, try this: Before the PM part of the day, go into the editor and check the overness values of the person at the bottom of your roster. Book that worker in a dark match with one of your main eventers. After the show, go check that worker's overness values then tell me how that's possible if the match wasn't broadcast. A lot of times, I use the second color chair in dark matches for workers who aren't going to be on a given show (to keep them from complaining) so I have no problems with having to assign announcers for dark matches. I use it just like the "special guest road agent" slot, in that respect.

[QUOTE=Remianen;154082]Dark matches ARE broadcast, for all intents and purposes. If you don't think so, try this: Before the PM part of the day, go into the editor and check the overness values of the person at the bottom of your roster. Book that worker in a dark match with one of your main eventers. After the show, go check that worker's overness values then tell me how that's possible if the match wasn't broadcast. A lot of times, I use the second color chair in dark matches for workers who aren't going to be on a given show (to keep them from complaining) so I have no problems with having to assign announcers for dark matches. I use it just like the "special guest road agent" slot, in that respect.[/QUOTE] I think the point is Dark matches shouldn't be broadcasted, if they are then what's the point in them being called dark matches.

[QUOTE=Remianen;154082]Dark matches ARE broadcast, for all intents and purposes. If you don't think so, try this: Before the PM part of the day, go into the editor and check the overness values of the person at the bottom of your roster. Book that worker in a dark match with one of your main eventers. After the show, go check that worker's overness values then tell me how that's possible if the match wasn't broadcast. A lot of times, I use the second color chair in dark matches for workers who aren't going to be on a given show (to keep them from complaining) so I have no problems with having to assign announcers for dark matches. I use it just like the "special guest road agent" slot, in that respect.[/QUOTE] I think the point is Dark matches shouldn't be broadcasted, if they are then what's the point in them being called dark matches.

They may not be broadcast, but they're used to test all the equipment used for broadcast, including the announcer's microphones and headsets, so assigning announcers makes sense. I believe that dark matches are routinely included on DVD releases in any case. Having never tried making a dark match without an announcer, I don't know what effect it would have, though. Anyone?

They may not be broadcast, but they're used to test all the equipment used for broadcast, including the announcer's microphones and headsets, so assigning announcers makes sense. I believe that dark matches are routinely included on DVD releases in any case. Having never tried making a dark match without an announcer, I don't know what effect it would have, though. Anyone?

[QUOTE=ting2004;154110]Personally I think Dark Matches should not be broadcasted and not go towards the final show rating. It'd be cool if you could invite wrestlers to a try-out dark match much like WWE does, most recently Scorpio.[/QUOTE] Yeah it would be cool to copy everything the WWE does and put it into the game.. hey why don't we just rename this game to Total Extreme World Wrestling Entertainment Is The Only Promotion In The World We Should Care About So Everything They Do Will Be In This Game....2007.

[QUOTE=ting2004;154110]Personally I think Dark Matches should not be broadcasted and not go towards the final show rating. It'd be cool if you could invite wrestlers to a try-out dark match much like WWE does, most recently Scorpio.[/QUOTE] Yeah it would be cool to copy everything the WWE does and put it into the game.. hey why don't we just rename this game to Total Extreme World Wrestling Entertainment Is The Only Promotion In The World We Should Care About So Everything They Do Will Be In This Game....2007.

Every local fed show that I've ever been to only had RING announcers, NOT commentators/announcers. However, if you release a DVD, then you usually DO dub announcing over it. However, this can be done at a later date and for the DVD, as opposed to on every show. However, I don't mind how it is, and since I'm used to using announcers in TEW, huzzah for doing it more.

Every local fed show that I've ever been to only had RING announcers, NOT commentators/announcers. However, if you release a DVD, then you usually DO dub announcing over it. However, this can be done at a later date and for the DVD, as opposed to on every show. However, I don't mind how it is, and since I'm used to using announcers in TEW, huzzah for doing it more.

It's just a game people, use your imagination. If you don't have one, then do without it, and be quiet. :P It's better this way, game-wisely, if you really put a thought to it. :) Just enjoy the upcoming game, and don't be so serious of these very minor things in the game.

It's just a game people, use your imagination. If you don't have one, then do without it, and be quiet. :P It's better this way, game-wisely, if you really put a thought to it. :) Just enjoy the upcoming game, and don't be so serious of these very minor things in the game.

[QUOTE=Mike Chaos;154127]Yeah it would be cool to copy everything the WWE does and put it into the game.. hey why don't we just rename this game to Total Extreme World Wrestling Entertainment Is The Only Promotion In The World We Should Care About So Everything They Do Will Be In This Game....2007.[/QUOTE] Your an idiot, and my reference to WWE was just an example. I believe TEW2007 allows you to create 3 seperate brands, much like WWE has 3 different brands, you going to post a silly remark to Adam's new feature? Tut.

[QUOTE=Mike Chaos;154127]Yeah it would be cool to copy everything the WWE does and put it into the game.. hey why don't we just rename this game to Total Extreme World Wrestling Entertainment Is The Only Promotion In The World We Should Care About So Everything They Do Will Be In This Game....2007.[/QUOTE] Your an idiot, and my reference to WWE was just an example. I believe TEW2007 allows you to create 3 seperate brands, much like WWE has 3 different brands, you going to post a silly remark to Adam's new feature? Tut.

[QUOTE=ting2004;154110]Personally I think Dark Matches should not be broadcasted and not go towards the final show rating.[/QUOTE] That's why they're called 'dark matches'. They do not count toward the final show rating but they are subject to all the benefits and shortcomings of the main show. Using dark time for matches increases the base time used for determining match/angle ratio (i.e. a 3 hour show for a cutting edge promotion requires 18 mins of angles. With dark matches, that rises to 20 mins), which can have an effect on final show rating. And on top of that, using top notch announcers on dark matches can often raise the rating of the dark match. I dunno if not having announcers at all would lower the match's rating though. But I don't see any way around it unless you make it so clicking the 'Pre Show Segment' box automatically greys out the announcer fields. But then, if the announcing quality is factored into the match rating, how would the rating for dark matches work then?

[QUOTE=ting2004;154110]Personally I think Dark Matches should not be broadcasted and not go towards the final show rating.[/QUOTE] That's why they're called 'dark matches'. They do not count toward the final show rating but they are subject to all the benefits and shortcomings of the main show. Using dark time for matches increases the base time used for determining match/angle ratio (i.e. a 3 hour show for a cutting edge promotion requires 18 mins of angles. With dark matches, that rises to 20 mins), which can have an effect on final show rating. And on top of that, using top notch announcers on dark matches can often raise the rating of the dark match. I dunno if not having announcers at all would lower the match's rating though. But I don't see any way around it unless you make it so clicking the 'Pre Show Segment' box automatically greys out the announcer fields. But then, if the announcing quality is factored into the match rating, how would the rating for dark matches work then?

To explain the popularity going up for a couple of worker's in a dark match, instead of saying everyone seen it... .Just pretend like alot of people at the match were from all those area's, and just happened to take a bit of the match home with them (In Hype). That's what I do. Make's it easier to remember that the Dark Match's aren't counted in the final score of the show. However, they sure do influence (with crowd being Hot, Cold, etc.).

To explain the popularity going up for a couple of worker's in a dark match, instead of saying everyone seen it... .Just pretend like alot of people at the match were from all those area's, and just happened to take a bit of the match home with them (In Hype). That's what I do. Make's it easier to remember that the Dark Match's aren't counted in the final score of the show. However, they sure do influence (with crowd being Hot, Cold, etc.).

Some interesting points guys. I guess the easy option is just to leave it the way it is. I was only going by my experiances at WWE and in the past WCW shows, by when they have Dark Matches there wouldn't be any announcers. I wasn't aware that they sometimes used the DM's to test out the sound and microphone equipment.

Some interesting points guys. I guess the easy option is just to leave it the way it is. I was only going by my experiances at WWE and in the past WCW shows, by when they have Dark Matches there wouldn't be any announcers. I wasn't aware that they sometimes used the DM's to test out the sound and microphone equipment.

Archived