[QUOTE=ting2004;154154]Your an idiot, and my reference to WWE was just an example. I believe TEW2007 allows you to create 3 seperate brands, much like WWE has 3 different brands, you going to post a silly remark to Adam's new feature? Tut.[/QUOTE] In fairness, if we all got a nickel for every time someone asked for a feature to be included "because WWE does it" ... we'd all be very, very rich. Personally, I chuckled at Mike Chaos' comments, because it echoes the feelings of a lot of regular readers of this (and any other TEW-related) board. To call him an idiot is actually worse than what he said to you. Spend any length of time on these boards, and you'll begin to feel the same way about the "WWE does it" argument. The fact that TEW allows a brand split at all mimics the WWE. But in the same argument, having regions mimics the NWA of old ... TEW mixes many different influences from the wrestling world, both current and historical. That is why we now have mods that mimic both the modern wrestling world (i.e. Fall of the One Ring Circus) and the old-school, pre-Vince McMahon Jr. wrestling world (i.e. Death of the Territories) ... and it also boasts a very rich universe of its own, for which there is a rather fierce following (of which I am a proud member ... Cornellverse forever!). The adaptability of this game, and future versions, only serves to prove that wrestling fans, as a whole, are a very diverse bunch. So please, before you jump the gun again, take a look around, and try to see if maybe, just maybe, your comments jumped on a last nerve. Sound good?

[QUOTE=ting2004;154154]Your an idiot, and my reference to WWE was just an example. I believe TEW2007 allows you to create 3 seperate brands, much like WWE has 3 different brands, you going to post a silly remark to Adam's new feature? Tut.[/QUOTE] In fairness, if we all got a nickel for every time someone asked for a feature to be included "because WWE does it" ... we'd all be very, very rich. Personally, I chuckled at Mike Chaos' comments, because it echoes the feelings of a lot of regular readers of this (and any other TEW-related) board. To call him an idiot is actually worse than what he said to you. Spend any length of time on these boards, and you'll begin to feel the same way about the "WWE does it" argument. The fact that TEW allows a brand split at all mimics the WWE. But in the same argument, having regions mimics the NWA of old ... TEW mixes many different influences from the wrestling world, both current and historical. That is why we now have mods that mimic both the modern wrestling world (i.e. Fall of the One Ring Circus) and the old-school, pre-Vince McMahon Jr. wrestling world (i.e. Death of the Territories) ... and it also boasts a very rich universe of its own, for which there is a rather fierce following (of which I am a proud member ... Cornellverse forever!). The adaptability of this game, and future versions, only serves to prove that wrestling fans, as a whole, are a very diverse bunch. So please, before you jump the gun again, take a look around, and try to see if maybe, just maybe, your comments jumped on a last nerve. Sound good?

I don't get why having announcers for a Dark Match is even any kind of deal. It doesn't effect your gameplay at all... not even for one second. If your announcers are set in the AM part of the day than you don't even needt to worry about it. Their overness goes up in that one specific region the show is held in because the people in the arena see them wrestle... nothing more.

I don't get why having announcers for a Dark Match is even any kind of deal. It doesn't effect your gameplay at all... not even for one second. If your announcers are set in the AM part of the day than you don't even needt to worry about it. Their overness goes up in that one specific region the show is held in because the people in the arena see them wrestle... nothing more.

[QUOTE=Mike Chaos;154127]Yeah it would be cool to copy everything the WWE does and put it into the game.. hey why don't we just rename this game to Total Extreme World Wrestling Entertainment Is The Only Promotion In The World We Should Care About So Everything They Do Will Be In This Game....2007.[/QUOTE] That was a little more than sarcastic, and not needed. Anyway, if you looked in the update journal, you would find that this is actually added. You can sign someone to a Developmental/Short Term contract, and use them in dark matches. Just like ting said.

[QUOTE=Mike Chaos;154127]Yeah it would be cool to copy everything the WWE does and put it into the game.. hey why don't we just rename this game to Total Extreme World Wrestling Entertainment Is The Only Promotion In The World We Should Care About So Everything They Do Will Be In This Game....2007.[/QUOTE] That was a little more than sarcastic, and not needed. Anyway, if you looked in the update journal, you would find that this is actually added. You can sign someone to a Developmental/Short Term contract, and use them in dark matches. Just like ting said.

[QUOTE=BlooMeanie;154077]I try to refain myself from starting threads asking what will or will not be in TEW2007 but I'd like to make an exception, just this once. :D Anyway, I was playing TEW2005 earlier and as usual a new week came around and I had to book one of my television shows for ECW and I booked all the show up and as usual decided to book a Dark Match, so I chose the wrestlers involved, sorted out the finish of the match and then sorted out who I wanted as the announcers. Then I thought, why do I have to assign announcers? It's a Dark Match! I've been playing TEW2005 for about 6 months now and I've only just realised. So I was just wondering Adam, if we will have to assign announcers for Dark Matches in TEW2007? I just don't understand the logic in having to do so as the match isn't broadcast on television and thus there is no need to assign announcers.[/QUOTE] Do you assign Announcer's to your show, so that they are automatically there when you do it? For some reason (and I might be wrong), it sound's like your more frustrated of having to assign announcer's for match's, dark or otherwise. You can actually assign Announcer's for Default, and Show's... Like having a different announcer for each of your show's. If I am wrong, then just dissreguard, but after re-reading it, I kind of felt this was the case.

[QUOTE=BlooMeanie;154077]I try to refain myself from starting threads asking what will or will not be in TEW2007 but I'd like to make an exception, just this once. :D Anyway, I was playing TEW2005 earlier and as usual a new week came around and I had to book one of my television shows for ECW and I booked all the show up and as usual decided to book a Dark Match, so I chose the wrestlers involved, sorted out the finish of the match and then sorted out who I wanted as the announcers. Then I thought, why do I have to assign announcers? It's a Dark Match! I've been playing TEW2005 for about 6 months now and I've only just realised. So I was just wondering Adam, if we will have to assign announcers for Dark Matches in TEW2007? I just don't understand the logic in having to do so as the match isn't broadcast on television and thus there is no need to assign announcers.[/QUOTE] Do you assign Announcer's to your show, so that they are automatically there when you do it? For some reason (and I might be wrong), it sound's like your more frustrated of having to assign announcer's for match's, dark or otherwise. You can actually assign Announcer's for Default, and Show's... Like having a different announcer for each of your show's. If I am wrong, then just dissreguard, but after re-reading it, I kind of felt this was the case.

[QUOTE=djthefunkchris;154257]Do you assign Announcer's to your show, so that they are automatically there when you do it? For some reason (and I might be wrong), it sound's like your more frustrated of having to assign announcer's for match's, dark or otherwise. You can actually assign Announcer's for Default, and Show's... Like having a different announcer for each of your show's. If I am wrong, then just dissreguard, but after re-reading it, I kind of felt this was the case.[/QUOTE] No, I always assign announcers myself to matches - that way I don't forget to add a special guest colour commentator which I like to do now and then. That wasn't my reason for starting the thread. It's not a big deal anyway, I'm not overly bothered. It was just something I noticed and thought I'd start a discussion about it since, in my experience, Dark Matches we're only their to warm up the audience and wouldn't need announcers - I have since found out otherwise from this thread.

[QUOTE=djthefunkchris;154257]Do you assign Announcer's to your show, so that they are automatically there when you do it? For some reason (and I might be wrong), it sound's like your more frustrated of having to assign announcer's for match's, dark or otherwise. You can actually assign Announcer's for Default, and Show's... Like having a different announcer for each of your show's. If I am wrong, then just dissreguard, but after re-reading it, I kind of felt this was the case.[/QUOTE] No, I always assign announcers myself to matches - that way I don't forget to add a special guest colour commentator which I like to do now and then. That wasn't my reason for starting the thread. It's not a big deal anyway, I'm not overly bothered. It was just something I noticed and thought I'd start a discussion about it since, in my experience, Dark Matches we're only their to warm up the audience and wouldn't need announcers - I have since found out otherwise from this thread.

[QUOTE=Harts4Life;154207]In fairness, if we all got a nickel for every time someone asked for a feature to be included "because WWE does it" ... we'd all be very, very rich. Personally, I chuckled at Mike Chaos' comments, because it echoes the feelings of a lot of regular readers of this (and any other TEW-related) board. To call him an idiot is actually worse than what he said to you. Spend any length of time on these boards, and you'll begin to feel the same way about the "WWE does it" argument. The fact that TEW allows a brand split at all mimics the WWE. But in the same argument, having regions mimics the NWA of old ... TEW mixes many different influences from the wrestling world, both current and historical. That is why we now have mods that mimic both the modern wrestling world (i.e. Fall of the One Ring Circus) and the old-school, pre-Vince McMahon Jr. wrestling world (i.e. Death of the Territories) ... and it also boasts a very rich universe of its own, for which there is a rather fierce following (of which I am a proud member ... Cornellverse forever!). The adaptability of this game, and future versions, only serves to prove that wrestling fans, as a whole, are a very diverse bunch. So please, before you jump the gun again, take a look around, and try to see if maybe, just maybe, your comments jumped on a last nerve. Sound good?[/QUOTE] I am actually on these boards every day checking out the new journal entry etc Just don't post much as it seem's people are very short tempered and I get involved with discussions like this....sigh....... ANYWAY, lets forget it and look forward to TEW2007!

[QUOTE=Harts4Life;154207]In fairness, if we all got a nickel for every time someone asked for a feature to be included "because WWE does it" ... we'd all be very, very rich. Personally, I chuckled at Mike Chaos' comments, because it echoes the feelings of a lot of regular readers of this (and any other TEW-related) board. To call him an idiot is actually worse than what he said to you. Spend any length of time on these boards, and you'll begin to feel the same way about the "WWE does it" argument. The fact that TEW allows a brand split at all mimics the WWE. But in the same argument, having regions mimics the NWA of old ... TEW mixes many different influences from the wrestling world, both current and historical. That is why we now have mods that mimic both the modern wrestling world (i.e. Fall of the One Ring Circus) and the old-school, pre-Vince McMahon Jr. wrestling world (i.e. Death of the Territories) ... and it also boasts a very rich universe of its own, for which there is a rather fierce following (of which I am a proud member ... Cornellverse forever!). The adaptability of this game, and future versions, only serves to prove that wrestling fans, as a whole, are a very diverse bunch. So please, before you jump the gun again, take a look around, and try to see if maybe, just maybe, your comments jumped on a last nerve. Sound good?[/QUOTE] I am actually on these boards every day checking out the new journal entry etc Just don't post much as it seem's people are very short tempered and I get involved with discussions like this....sigh....... ANYWAY, lets forget it and look forward to TEW2007!

[QUOTE=Ransik;154222]I don't get why having announcers for a Dark Match is even any kind of deal. It doesn't effect your gameplay at all... not even for one second. If your announcers are set in the AM part of the day than you don't even needt to worry about it. Their overness goes up in that one specific region the show is held in because the people in the arena see them wrestle... nothing more.[/QUOTE] actually if you have a TV show or PPV the overness goes up in all the regions the show is broadcast.

[QUOTE=Ransik;154222]I don't get why having announcers for a Dark Match is even any kind of deal. It doesn't effect your gameplay at all... not even for one second. If your announcers are set in the AM part of the day than you don't even needt to worry about it. Their overness goes up in that one specific region the show is held in because the people in the arena see them wrestle... nothing more.[/QUOTE] actually if you have a TV show or PPV the overness goes up in all the regions the show is broadcast.

Archived