Run Time Error 55

I keep having a run time error 55 saying something similar to this file is already open. Then after this I cant access my saved game saying a league must be created before I can load it. Also will get another error message abotu a missing With block or something that causes the game to crash. Anyone else run into these. It is really annoying as I can't sim past a season often. Thanks for any and all help, Joshua Klotz

[QUOTE=Superelkman;154159]I keep having a run time error 55 saying something similar to this file is already open. Then after this I cant access my saved game saying a league must be created before I can load it. Also will get another error message abotu a missing With block or something that causes the game to crash. Anyone else run into these. It is really annoying as I can't sim past a season often. Thanks for any and all help, Joshua Klotz[/QUOTE] I'm not an expert at RTE's but you might do a ctrl-alt-del to bring up your task list and see if the game is already running in the background. I've had this happen from time to time. It doesn't show up as being minimized or anything but will show up in the task list. If it is listed in the task list (might even be listed more than once), click on it and select "end process". If it does show up more than once, you have to end every instance through the task list. Then try loading the game. If all else fails, you might try rebooting your computer. Hope this helps.

[QUOTE=Superelkman;154159]I keep having a run time error 55 saying something similar to this file is already open. Then after this I cant access my saved game saying a league must be created before I can load it. Also will get another error message abotu a missing With block or something that causes the game to crash. Anyone else run into these. It is really annoying as I can't sim past a season often. Thanks for any and all help, Joshua Klotz[/QUOTE] I'm not an expert at RTE's but you might do a ctrl-alt-del to bring up your task list and see if the game is already running in the background. I've had this happen from time to time. It doesn't show up as being minimized or anything but will show up in the task list. If it is listed in the task list (might even be listed more than once), click on it and select "end process". If it does show up more than once, you have to end every instance through the task list. Then try loading the game. If all else fails, you might try rebooting your computer. Hope this helps.

I've seen a few of these. Normally I always save just before I sim due to all the changes I make before each games. I don't know why I get the RTE but when I do I just grab the files from the backup file, located in the you League Saved file, and replace them. It's always been fine after that. For me at least.

I've seen a few of these. Normally I always save just before I sim due to all the changes I make before each games. I don't know why I get the RTE but when I do I just grab the files from the backup file, located in the you League Saved file, and replace them. It's always been fine after that. For me at least.

Archived