Brian Pillman DVD

rocky0880

Has anyone seen this yet? Pillman is my favorite wrestler of all time(as you could prolly tell from the avatar) and have been waiting for a wrestling company to do something to honor him(Why he and Owen aren't in the HoF while Eddie is is beyond me). I'm just wondering if the DVD is worth it or if it's just another WWE marketing money maker.

From what I've read and heard (reviews and so forth), this is one of the WWE's better DVD releases. It supposedly has a little bit of the old WWE revisionist history and the usual bufoonish comments from the WWE peanut gallery, but Pillman is presented very well and very tastefully, and the selection of matches is supposed to be great. It has two Pillman vs. Liger matches on it, doesn't it? That alone should be worth the price of admission.

From what I've read and heard (reviews and so forth), this is one of the WWE's better DVD releases. It supposedly has a little bit of the old WWE revisionist history and the usual bufoonish comments from the WWE peanut gallery, but Pillman is presented very well and very tastefully, and the selection of matches is supposed to be great. It has two Pillman vs. Liger matches on it, doesn't it? That alone should be worth the price of admission.

I have this dvd, and I'd give it a thumbs up. The feature is well done, and for me rather emotional at parts, but the matches are the main event, in my opinion. The matches from the Flyin' Brian era in WCW in the very early 90's were my favorites, as they brought back a lot of good childhood memories for me - I attended a lot of live events during this time and saw Brian Pillman wrestle live several times. It was especially good to see that WarGames match from 1991 again. That match was actually held on my 11th birthday, and I can still remember watching the event live on PPV. For me at least, it was well worth it, although I would have liked a few small extras for each match, like promos, videos, whatever.

I have this dvd, and I'd give it a thumbs up. The feature is well done, and for me rather emotional at parts, but the matches are the main event, in my opinion. The matches from the Flyin' Brian era in WCW in the very early 90's were my favorites, as they brought back a lot of good childhood memories for me - I attended a lot of live events during this time and saw Brian Pillman wrestle live several times. It was especially good to see that WarGames match from 1991 again. That match was actually held on my 11th birthday, and I can still remember watching the event live on PPV. For me at least, it was well worth it, although I would have liked a few small extras for each match, like promos, videos, whatever.

Good I'm glad they put it together well. I'm especially happy they included a Liger match. Liger brings out the best in everyone IMO. You said they don't have a lot of promo type stuff he did, but by chance did they include the ECW shoot interview he did? That my friends is a true classic.

Good I'm glad they put it together well. I'm especially happy they included a Liger match. Liger brings out the best in everyone IMO. You said they don't have a lot of promo type stuff he did, but by chance did they include the ECW shoot interview he did? That my friends is a true classic.

[QUOTE=rocky0880;154408]Good I'm glad they put it together well. I'm especially happy they included a Liger match. Liger brings out the best in everyone IMO. You said they don't have a lot of promo type stuff he did, but by chance did they include the ECW shoot interview he did? That my friends is a true classic.[/QUOTE] It's got the "Flare For The Old" skit from WCW, and the "Infamous Gun Incident" and "Pillman's XXX", both from Raw. If that ECW shoot is the one I'm thinking about, they show a bit of it in passing, but not the whole thing, unless of course it's an Easter Egg I haven't found yet. A few of Pillman's ECW shoots are available on the original ECW dvds Path of Destruction and Hardcore History, as Easter Eggs or Special Features. :cool:

[QUOTE=rocky0880;154408]Good I'm glad they put it together well. I'm especially happy they included a Liger match. Liger brings out the best in everyone IMO. You said they don't have a lot of promo type stuff he did, but by chance did they include the ECW shoot interview he did? That my friends is a true classic.[/QUOTE] It's got the "Flare For The Old" skit from WCW, and the "Infamous Gun Incident" and "Pillman's XXX", both from Raw. If that ECW shoot is the one I'm thinking about, they show a bit of it in passing, but not the whole thing, unless of course it's an Easter Egg I haven't found yet. A few of Pillman's ECW shoots are available on the original ECW dvds Path of Destruction and Hardcore History, as Easter Eggs or Special Features. :cool:

Archived