Puroresu Central

Lukiep8

Got a weird question. Given the level of training typical of the area, would you say that most Japanese workers have a fairly high level of 'performance skills' compared to their counterparts from elsewhere? Like, I've watched a lot of Ayumi Kurihara's matches (and Ayako Sato and other rookies) and from what I've seen, they seem to have an exceptional grasp of basics, selling, safety and such. When you then look at a match with say Candice LaRae or Portia Perez, you don't see the same emphasis on the little things (or at least I don't). I'm working on my DB for 07 and I'm inclined to give the joshis C-/C minimum in terms of the performance skills. Just wondering if that would be advisable.

Got a weird question. Given the level of training typical of the area, would you say that most Japanese workers have a fairly high level of 'performance skills' compared to their counterparts from elsewhere? Like, I've watched a lot of Ayumi Kurihara's matches (and Ayako Sato and other rookies) and from what I've seen, they seem to have an exceptional grasp of basics, selling, safety and such. When you then look at a match with say Candice LaRae or Portia Perez, you don't see the same emphasis on the little things (or at least I don't). I'm working on my DB for 07 and I'm inclined to give the joshis C-/C minimum in terms of the performance skills. Just wondering if that would be advisable.

[quote]Hey, Lukiep, I've been wondering for a while just how big Ultimo Dragon and The Great Sasuke are in Japan. Do they have the same sort of drawing power as someone like Liger?[/quote] Hmmm... Interesting question. Ultimo Dragon has drawing power, but his drawing power is weird. Basically, if he has someone who is said to be a student of his, they get instant credibility. Sasuke is a draw, mainly around the Tohoku area. Liger is a national draw, something Sasuke and Ultimo were, but its hard to say if they are now. Remianen. I think it's because in Japan, they generally go through up to a year of just basic training. When they debut, all they are allowed to do are basics.

[quote]Hey, Lukiep, I've been wondering for a while just how big Ultimo Dragon and The Great Sasuke are in Japan. Do they have the same sort of drawing power as someone like Liger?[/quote] Hmmm... Interesting question. Ultimo Dragon has drawing power, but his drawing power is weird. Basically, if he has someone who is said to be a student of his, they get instant credibility. Sasuke is a draw, mainly around the Tohoku area. Liger is a national draw, something Sasuke and Ultimo were, but its hard to say if they are now. Remianen. I think it's because in Japan, they generally go through up to a year of just basic training. When they debut, all they are allowed to do are basics.

Archived