Leon White: The Man They Call Vader

Guest .SVA

[CENTER][IMG]http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/1064/vaderdiarylogoss1.png[/IMG] [B][COLOR="DarkRed"][SIZE="4"]IT'S VADER TIME![/SIZE][/COLOR][/B] [I]Who is the character known as [B]Vader[/B]? You may know him as New Japan thundering giant, [B]Big Van Vader[/B]. Or as All Japan big bull, [B]Super Vader[/B]. Or the World Wrestling Federations monster, [B]Vader[/B]. But I doubt that you recognize him as 'The Baby Bull' [B]Leon White[/B].[/I] -[/CENTER] [INDENT]Vader, the most popular big-man performer in the history of professional wrestling, is a popular figurer of the late eighties and ninetees. He has competed in the grand stage of Japan and in the starlight of the United States. He is a three time IWGP World Heavyweight champion, as well as a two time Triple Crown champion. But what about before? Before he acheived these accomplishments? Vader has garnered legendary status in Japan, although not on spot with Antonio Inoki or Shohei Baba, but still as figure which will be remembered in both All Japan and New Japan. His legacy spands so far, that in the years 1998 to 2000, he was one of the most important foreign wrestlers in Japan. His appearances in Japan, took so far to be the first wrestler to hold both Triple Crown gold, as well as IWGP World Heavyweight gold. But Vaders quest has not only made him famous in Japan. He is also a three time WCW World Heavyweight champion, which granted his fame in the United States. But I take it you still wonder what Big Van Vader did before he accomplished these great deeds? He was known as 'The Baby Bull' Leon White and was hired by the American Wrestling Association. He has not much in the ways of succes yet, but if history repeats itself, he wouldn't either. Then White would travel to Japan and achieve major victories as well as fame.[/INDENT] [CENTER]- [i]So know you are aware of [B]Vaders[/B] future accomplishments. That is, if history repeats itself. Will it? Will the future hold such great deeds for the man named [B]Leon White[/B]? Only the essence of time and the will of one man, will show how the events unfold. The time is 1983, and the legacy is taking its first steps.[/i][/CENTER]

[CENTER][B][COLOR="DarkRed"]4TH OF MAY[/COLOR] (1983)[/B][/CENTER] [INDENT][QUOTE][RIGHT][I][B]The AWA All-Stars Tour[/B] Ken Patera vs. Leon White, 2/3 Falls[/I][/RIGHT] The match started out with White taking the advantage, due to his size. Patera though, quickly utilized his strength and began powering Leon around. After a few minutes, Pateras momentum was broeken and White began punishing the strong man. This continued until White tried to his a choke slam, which was countered by Patera. The match went on with Ken havin most of the momentum and White making a few combacks. The first was secured by Patera, when he out of nowhere locked in a swinging full nelson. Afterwards, White was visibly tired but was able to fight back and went for a choke slam several times, but never hit it. Though he also managed to lock several crushing bear hugs, Patera was always able to fight out of the predicament. The second fall also occured in Pateras favour, when he used the same death-defying move, to both secure the second fall and the whole match-up. [B]Winner:[/B] Ken Patera[/QUOTE] [QUOTE][CENTER][B]The AWA All-Stars Tour Card[/B] [SIZE="1"]17804 in Attendance[/SIZE] [SIZE="1"][B]Nick Bockwinkel[/B] defeated [B]Wahoo McDaniel[/B] to retain the [I]AWA World Heavyweight[/I] title [B]King Kong Brody[/B] defeated [B]Mad Dog Vachon[/B] [B]Mr. Saito[/B] defeated [B]Steve O[/B] [B]The High Flyers[/B] defeated [B]Curt Henning[/B] and [B]Scott Hall[/B] to retain the [I]AWA World Tag Team[/I] titles [B]Ken Patera[/B] defeated [B][COLOR="Red"]Leon White[/COLOR][/B] [B]Baron Von Raschke[/B] defeated [B]Billy Robinson[/B] for the [I]AWA Television[/I] title [B]Ray Stevens[/B] defeated [B]Larry Henning[/B] [B]Rick Martel[/B] and [B]Hulk Hogan[/B] defeated [B]Crusher Blackwell[/B] and [B]Jesse Ventura[/B] [B]Bobby Duncum Sr.[/B] and [B]Steve Regal[/B] defeated [B]Brad Rheingans[/B] and [B]Buck Zumhofe[/B] [B]Dick The Bruiser[/B] and [B]The Crusher[/B] defeated [B]Mike Graham[/B] and [B]David Schultz[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER][/QUOTE][/INDENT]

[CENTER][B][COLOR="DarkRed"]4TH OF MAY[/COLOR] (1983)[/B][/CENTER] [INDENT][QUOTE][RIGHT][I][B]The AWA All-Stars Tour[/B] Ken Patera vs. Leon White, 2/3 Falls[/I][/RIGHT] The match started out with White taking the advantage, due to his size. Patera though, quickly utilized his strength and began powering Leon around. After a few minutes, Pateras momentum was broeken and White began punishing the strong man. This continued until White tried to his a choke slam, which was countered by Patera. The match went on with Ken havin most of the momentum and White making a few combacks. The first was secured by Patera, when he out of nowhere locked in a swinging full nelson. Afterwards, White was visibly tired but was able to fight back and went for a choke slam several times, but never hit it. Though he also managed to lock several crushing bear hugs, Patera was always able to fight out of the predicament. The second fall also occured in Pateras favour, when he used the same death-defying move, to both secure the second fall and the whole match-up. [B]Winner:[/B] Ken Patera[/QUOTE] [QUOTE][CENTER][B]The AWA All-Stars Tour Card[/B] [SIZE="1"]17804 in Attendance[/SIZE] [SIZE="1"][B]Nick Bockwinkel[/B] defeated [B]Wahoo McDaniel[/B] to retain the [I]AWA World Heavyweight[/I] title [B]King Kong Brody[/B] defeated [B]Mad Dog Vachon[/B] [B]Mr. Saito[/B] defeated [B]Steve O[/B] [B]The High Flyers[/B] defeated [B]Curt Henning[/B] and [B]Scott Hall[/B] to retain the [I]AWA World Tag Team[/I] titles [B]Ken Patera[/B] defeated [B][COLOR="Red"]Leon White[/COLOR][/B] [B]Baron Von Raschke[/B] defeated [B]Billy Robinson[/B] for the [I]AWA Television[/I] title [B]Ray Stevens[/B] defeated [B]Larry Henning[/B] [B]Rick Martel[/B] and [B]Hulk Hogan[/B] defeated [B]Crusher Blackwell[/B] and [B]Jesse Ventura[/B] [B]Bobby Duncum Sr.[/B] and [B]Steve Regal[/B] defeated [B]Brad Rheingans[/B] and [B]Buck Zumhofe[/B] [B]Dick The Bruiser[/B] and [B]The Crusher[/B] defeated [B]Mike Graham[/B] and [B]David Schultz[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER][/QUOTE][/INDENT]

[CENTER][B][COLOR="DarkRed"]11TH OF MAY[/COLOR] (1983)[/B][/CENTER] [INDENT][QUOTE][RIGHT][I][B]The AWA All-Stars Tour[/B] Billy Robinson vs. Leon White, Cage[/I][/RIGHT] White and Robinson started out by having a big brawl where, surprisingly, Robinson took the momentum. He then kept White down with a series of dreadful submissions, but after the ten-minute mark, White seemed to begin gaining some offence again. The match evened out again, until Robinson was suddenly able to lock a vicious sleeper hold, before trying to escape the steel cage. It seemed as if he would win, but Leon pulled himself together and managed to drag Billy down again. White then went for a Choke Slam, but Robison fought of it with an armbar and then began wearing down White again with submission holds. To many's surprise, White was again able to fight back and out of nowhere land a devastating Choke Slam, which secured him the win after he crawled out of the cage. [B]Winner:[/B] Leon White[/QUOTE] [QUOTE][CENTER][B]The AWA All-Stars Tour Card[/B] [SIZE="1"]5117 in Attendance [B]King Kong Brody[/B] and [B]Jesse Ventura[/B] went to a double count out with [B]Wahoo McDaniel[/B] and [B]Rick Martel[/B] [B]Nick Bockwinkel[/B] defeated [B]Hulk Hogan[/B] to retain the [I]AWA World Heavyweight[/I] title [B]The High Flyers[/B] defeated [B]The Shieks[/B] to retain the [I]AWA World Tag Team[/I] titles [B]Davis Schultz[/B] and [B]Mr. Saito[/B] defeated [B]The Hennings[/B] [B]Mike Graham[/B] defeated [B]Brad Rheingans[/B] [B]Dick The Bruiser[/B] and [B]The Crusher[/B] defeated [B]Team Boom[/B] [B]Steve O[/B] defeated [B]Blackjack Lanza[/B] [B][COLOR="Red"]Leon White[/COLOR][/B] defeated [B]Billy Robinson[/B] [B]Baron Von Raschke[/B] defeated [B]Big Scott Hall[/B] to retain the [I]AWA Television[/I] title[/SIZE][/CENTER][/QUOTE][/INDENT]

[CENTER][B][COLOR="DarkRed"]11TH OF MAY[/COLOR] (1983)[/B][/CENTER] [INDENT][QUOTE][RIGHT][I][B]The AWA All-Stars Tour[/B] Billy Robinson vs. Leon White, Cage[/I][/RIGHT] White and Robinson started out by having a big brawl where, surprisingly, Robinson took the momentum. He then kept White down with a series of dreadful submissions, but after the ten-minute mark, White seemed to begin gaining some offence again. The match evened out again, until Robinson was suddenly able to lock a vicious sleeper hold, before trying to escape the steel cage. It seemed as if he would win, but Leon pulled himself together and managed to drag Billy down again. White then went for a Choke Slam, but Robison fought of it with an armbar and then began wearing down White again with submission holds. To many's surprise, White was again able to fight back and out of nowhere land a devastating Choke Slam, which secured him the win after he crawled out of the cage. [B]Winner:[/B] Leon White[/QUOTE] [QUOTE][CENTER][B]The AWA All-Stars Tour Card[/B] [SIZE="1"]5117 in Attendance [B]King Kong Brody[/B] and [B]Jesse Ventura[/B] went to a double count out with [B]Wahoo McDaniel[/B] and [B]Rick Martel[/B] [B]Nick Bockwinkel[/B] defeated [B]Hulk Hogan[/B] to retain the [I]AWA World Heavyweight[/I] title [B]The High Flyers[/B] defeated [B]The Shieks[/B] to retain the [I]AWA World Tag Team[/I] titles [B]Davis Schultz[/B] and [B]Mr. Saito[/B] defeated [B]The Hennings[/B] [B]Mike Graham[/B] defeated [B]Brad Rheingans[/B] [B]Dick The Bruiser[/B] and [B]The Crusher[/B] defeated [B]Team Boom[/B] [B]Steve O[/B] defeated [B]Blackjack Lanza[/B] [B][COLOR="Red"]Leon White[/COLOR][/B] defeated [B]Billy Robinson[/B] [B]Baron Von Raschke[/B] defeated [B]Big Scott Hall[/B] to retain the [I]AWA Television[/I] title[/SIZE][/CENTER][/QUOTE][/INDENT]

[CENTER][I]As a new feature, I will also post the cards where Leon White is not booked.[/I] - [B][COLOR="DarkRed"]6TH OF MAY[/COLOR] (1983)[/B] [INDENT][QUOTE][B]The AWA All-Star Wrestling Card[/B] [SIZE="1"]8614 in Attendance [B]Wahoo McDaniel[/B] and [B]King Kong Brody[/B] defeated [B]Jesse Ventura[/B] and [B]Crusher Blackwell[/B] [B]Baron Von Raschke[/B] defeated [B]Ken Patera[/B] to retain the [I]AWA Television[/I] title [B]Nick Bockwinkel[/B] defeated [B]Hulk Hogan[/B] [B]The High Flyers[/B] defeated [B]Curt Henning[/B] and [B]Scott Hall[/B] to reatin the [I]AWA World Tag Team[/I] titles [B]Rick Martel[/B] and [B]Brad Rheingans[/B] went to a double count out with [B]David Schultz[/B] and [B]Billy Robinson[/B] [B]Dick The Bruiser[/B] and [B]The Crusher[/B] defeated [B]Team Boom[/B][/SIZE][/QUOTE] [B][COLOR="DarkRed"]13TH OF MAY[/COLOR] (1983)[/B] [QUOTE][B]The AWA All-Star Wrestling Card[/B] [SIZE="1"]3138 in Attendance [B]King Kong Brody[/B] and [B]Nick Bockwinkel[/B] defeated [B]Dick The Bruiser[/B] and [B]The Crusher[/B] [B]Baron Von Raschke[/B] defeated [B]Ken Patera[/B] to retain the [I]AWA Television[/I] title [B]Mike Graham[/B] defeated [B]Buck Zumfhole[/B] to retain the [I]AWA Light Heavyweight[/I] title [B]The High Flyers[/B] defeated [B]Curt Henning[/B] and [B]Scott Hall[/B] to retain the [I]AWA World Tag Team[/I] titles [B]Billy Robinson[/B] defeated [B]Brad Rheingans[/B] [B]Rick Martel[/B] defeated [B]David Schultz[/B][/SIZE][/QUOTE][/CENTER][/INDENT]

[CENTER][I]As a new feature, I will also post the cards where Leon White is not booked.[/I] - [B][COLOR="DarkRed"]6TH OF MAY[/COLOR] (1983)[/B] [INDENT][QUOTE][B]The AWA All-Star Wrestling Card[/B] [SIZE="1"]8614 in Attendance [B]Wahoo McDaniel[/B] and [B]King Kong Brody[/B] defeated [B]Jesse Ventura[/B] and [B]Crusher Blackwell[/B] [B]Baron Von Raschke[/B] defeated [B]Ken Patera[/B] to retain the [I]AWA Television[/I] title [B]Nick Bockwinkel[/B] defeated [B]Hulk Hogan[/B] [B]The High Flyers[/B] defeated [B]Curt Henning[/B] and [B]Scott Hall[/B] to reatin the [I]AWA World Tag Team[/I] titles [B]Rick Martel[/B] and [B]Brad Rheingans[/B] went to a double count out with [B]David Schultz[/B] and [B]Billy Robinson[/B] [B]Dick The Bruiser[/B] and [B]The Crusher[/B] defeated [B]Team Boom[/B][/SIZE][/QUOTE] [B][COLOR="DarkRed"]13TH OF MAY[/COLOR] (1983)[/B] [QUOTE][B]The AWA All-Star Wrestling Card[/B] [SIZE="1"]3138 in Attendance [B]King Kong Brody[/B] and [B]Nick Bockwinkel[/B] defeated [B]Dick The Bruiser[/B] and [B]The Crusher[/B] [B]Baron Von Raschke[/B] defeated [B]Ken Patera[/B] to retain the [I]AWA Television[/I] title [B]Mike Graham[/B] defeated [B]Buck Zumfhole[/B] to retain the [I]AWA Light Heavyweight[/I] title [B]The High Flyers[/B] defeated [B]Curt Henning[/B] and [B]Scott Hall[/B] to retain the [I]AWA World Tag Team[/I] titles [B]Billy Robinson[/B] defeated [B]Brad Rheingans[/B] [B]Rick Martel[/B] defeated [B]David Schultz[/B][/SIZE][/QUOTE][/CENTER][/INDENT]

[QUOTE=captainlou;155461]Nice comeback win over Billy Robinson. Ric Flair talked about him in his book and he, as well as the others (ie., Iron Sheik) that were training under Verne Gagne, didn't like him at all.[/QUOTE] You mean Ric and them didn't like Billy?

[QUOTE=captainlou;155461]Nice comeback win over Billy Robinson. Ric Flair talked about him in his book and he, as well as the others (ie., Iron Sheik) that were training under Verne Gagne, didn't like him at all.[/QUOTE] You mean Ric and them didn't like Billy?

[QUOTE=Sartagis;155713]You mean Ric and them didn't like Billy?[/QUOTE] Correct. Billy Robinson was a cheap shot artist according to Ken Patera. Billy Robinson overheard Hossein Khosrow Vaziri (AKA Iron Sheik) saying that Verne Gagne and Billy Robinson couldn't beat him on their best day. Robinson lined up all of the students and wanted to wrestle Khosrow first. About ten minutes into their match Robinson put the point of his elbow into Khosrow's thigh and f----- up his hip. Khosrow hated him after that. Ken Patera said this: "Robinson was a prick; that's why he had trouble in different places where he wrestled. Sailor White punched him out in Montreal, then pissed on his wounds. The Rock's grandfather, Peter Maivia, nearly dug his eye out in another fight. Verne and Robinson were close, but outside the AWA, nobody wanted to work with Billy. They were afraid he'd f--- them up with cheap shots. And chances were that he would." That quote was taken right from Ric Flair's book. Sorry for the brief disruption, SVA. You're doing great so far. Keep up the good work.

[QUOTE=Sartagis;155713]You mean Ric and them didn't like Billy?[/QUOTE] Correct. Billy Robinson was a cheap shot artist according to Ken Patera. Billy Robinson overheard Hossein Khosrow Vaziri (AKA Iron Sheik) saying that Verne Gagne and Billy Robinson couldn't beat him on their best day. Robinson lined up all of the students and wanted to wrestle Khosrow first. About ten minutes into their match Robinson put the point of his elbow into Khosrow's thigh and f----- up his hip. Khosrow hated him after that. Ken Patera said this: "Robinson was a prick; that's why he had trouble in different places where he wrestled. Sailor White punched him out in Montreal, then pissed on his wounds. The Rock's grandfather, Peter Maivia, nearly dug his eye out in another fight. Verne and Robinson were close, but outside the AWA, nobody wanted to work with Billy. They were afraid he'd f--- them up with cheap shots. And chances were that he would." That quote was taken right from Ric Flair's book. Sorry for the brief disruption, SVA. You're doing great so far. Keep up the good work.

Archived