Merchandising Feature Question

If I remember correctly than Adam posted a feature a while back that you could create your own merchandising for example a Randy Orton t-shirt, my question is will it be possible to create DVDs and CDs and if yes on DVDs can you pick matches to put on it like a Best Of a wrestler DVD most likely will have??

I guess that's just too much micromanaging, the selection of matches I mean. But I think that if there's a shirt available, a DVD would be aswell. I think that the picking matches to a DVD is just useless option, so it wouldn't be added to the game.

I guess that's just too much micromanaging, the selection of matches I mean. But I think that if there's a shirt available, a DVD would be aswell. I think that the picking matches to a DVD is just useless option, so it wouldn't be added to the game.

I would think that if you picked classic matches a particular wrestler was involved in that the dvd would sell better then if you picked C rated matches. Just a thought, I like being able to customize merchandise. I think it would add a wonderful demintion to the game. Its probably way to late to be included into this game but maybe next one. Besides, if you don't like micro-manegement Adam said it could be turned off. I like the micro-management because I just get bored booking matches and angles all the time. The booking is way too slow and micro-management cuts through the monatony. Don't get me wrong, I love TEW and I'm getting 07 for sure. For me, match booking takes too long and I like to have other things to do. Maybe more micro-management isn't the cure, I don't know. I find myself playing a senario for 2 or 3 months (game time) before I start to get kind of burned out on it (the constant booking and how slow it is). Then I take about 3 or 4 months away from the game (real time of course) and when I come back to the game I was playing I start over because I can't remember where I left off in the game.

I would think that if you picked classic matches a particular wrestler was involved in that the dvd would sell better then if you picked C rated matches. Just a thought, I like being able to customize merchandise. I think it would add a wonderful demintion to the game. Its probably way to late to be included into this game but maybe next one. Besides, if you don't like micro-manegement Adam said it could be turned off. I like the micro-management because I just get bored booking matches and angles all the time. The booking is way too slow and micro-management cuts through the monatony. Don't get me wrong, I love TEW and I'm getting 07 for sure. For me, match booking takes too long and I like to have other things to do. Maybe more micro-management isn't the cure, I don't know. I find myself playing a senario for 2 or 3 months (game time) before I start to get kind of burned out on it (the constant booking and how slow it is). Then I take about 3 or 4 months away from the game (real time of course) and when I come back to the game I was playing I start over because I can't remember where I left off in the game.

My point was, that IF there's a DVD option on the specified merchandice option, of course the DVD pick's automaticly the best matches to the DVD. I think it's just a waste of time for myself to pick those matches for the DVD. It's just, useless. But that's just my point of view, I think there are much more larger concepts and things to do in TEW07 than picking matches to a DVD.

My point was, that IF there's a DVD option on the specified merchandice option, of course the DVD pick's automaticly the best matches to the DVD. I think it's just a waste of time for myself to pick those matches for the DVD. It's just, useless. But that's just my point of view, I think there are much more larger concepts and things to do in TEW07 than picking matches to a DVD.

I would love to be able to pick matches on the dvd because that feature was in 5gws as alot of other enjoyable features but TEW is about 50 times better than that because the game only had good ideas, it sucked otherwise. But anyway back to the topic I think it would be cool to be able to pick any matches from the match history and then if it is a company dvd instead of a superstars (this could be something like a dvd based on the WWE's best matches over one year or the best matches of a specific stipulation like that blood bath dvd is on the greatest cage matches) you would have the option of picking any match from the history section. Also for CDs I would like to be able to pick the tracks so you could have 10 to 20 wrestler tracks on one CD and you could turn it into a CD pack and make several discs. IMO these would make the game much more enjoyable for me (not saying it isn't enjoyable as it is now...) Sorry if this is turning into more of a suggestions thread but I meant for it to just be a question.

I would love to be able to pick matches on the dvd because that feature was in 5gws as alot of other enjoyable features but TEW is about 50 times better than that because the game only had good ideas, it sucked otherwise. But anyway back to the topic I think it would be cool to be able to pick any matches from the match history and then if it is a company dvd instead of a superstars (this could be something like a dvd based on the WWE's best matches over one year or the best matches of a specific stipulation like that blood bath dvd is on the greatest cage matches) you would have the option of picking any match from the history section. Also for CDs I would like to be able to pick the tracks so you could have 10 to 20 wrestler tracks on one CD and you could turn it into a CD pack and make several discs. IMO these would make the game much more enjoyable for me (not saying it isn't enjoyable as it is now...) Sorry if this is turning into more of a suggestions thread but I meant for it to just be a question.

I agree with FINisher, its really a given that a DVD would feature the best available and, unless you were going to choose the sub par matches, you would really only be picking what the "default" anyway. As for CDs, you would really then need to factor in the musical tastes of the fans which, for such a minor addition, would be a bit too much work in my opinion. It would be nice to release CDs and DVDs and maybe even get to name them so you can see them in sales charts but picking specific matches/tracks is something that I can't see changing game play.

I agree with FINisher, its really a given that a DVD would feature the best available and, unless you were going to choose the sub par matches, you would really only be picking what the "default" anyway. As for CDs, you would really then need to factor in the musical tastes of the fans which, for such a minor addition, would be a bit too much work in my opinion. It would be nice to release CDs and DVDs and maybe even get to name them so you can see them in sales charts but picking specific matches/tracks is something that I can't see changing game play.

But also it would allow you to pick matches you felt were historic that the computer might not think was... like a worker's first match in your promotion or the blow-off to a huge fued that didn't get a high rating. Or maybe you wanted to show off a particular gimmick match they were in. However after saying all that, I don't think it is needed for the game.

But also it would allow you to pick matches you felt were historic that the computer might not think was... like a worker's first match in your promotion or the blow-off to a huge fued that didn't get a high rating. Or maybe you wanted to show off a particular gimmick match they were in. However after saying all that, I don't think it is needed for the game.

I think it would be a good idea to have a Best Of DVD in the game. It would alot of extra work on Adam's end, but it would be cool. A Best Of DVD could add on to the popularity of a promotion in other areas kind of like how having your show on the internet would. Especially for the foreign promotions to put out videos that can be purchased and develop a following and popularity for said promotion's (through "Best Of DAVE Vol. 1 1998-1999") or for said wrestler ("Best of Whistler") without a fan even having to have gone to a show or seen that person wrestle.. Although picking the best matches is a given in most cases, I would like to be able to have some other selections like by angle or something so you could have "WLW: Kings of Dramedy" DVDs ...or my favorite "The Worst of" series of DVDs, it would be cool to have independent video publishers/traders (RF Video, SMV, High Spots) in the game to produce their own independent tapes off your stuff and for you to set up deals with them. But it's really all just more micro-management.

I think it would be a good idea to have a Best Of DVD in the game. It would alot of extra work on Adam's end, but it would be cool. A Best Of DVD could add on to the popularity of a promotion in other areas kind of like how having your show on the internet would. Especially for the foreign promotions to put out videos that can be purchased and develop a following and popularity for said promotion's (through "Best Of DAVE Vol. 1 1998-1999") or for said wrestler ("Best of Whistler") without a fan even having to have gone to a show or seen that person wrestle.. Although picking the best matches is a given in most cases, I would like to be able to have some other selections like by angle or something so you could have "WLW: Kings of Dramedy" DVDs ...or my favorite "The Worst of" series of DVDs, it would be cool to have independent video publishers/traders (RF Video, SMV, High Spots) in the game to produce their own independent tapes off your stuff and for you to set up deals with them. But it's really all just more micro-management.

[QUOTE=SWIFT;155177] ...or my favorite "The Worst of" series of DVDs, it would be cool to have independent video publishers/traders (RF Video, SMV, High Spots) in the game to produce their own independent tapes off your stuff and for you to set up deals with them. But it's really all just more micro-management.[/QUOTE] I just realized that I've bought way to many videos from all those sites. Also ROHwrestling.com, they have some good stuff on there too. But I can't really see all this on a TEW game. With all this Micro-Management, it evolves into a different type of game, and not so much a wrestling game anymore. It still goes hand in hand with wrestling, but it's more into marketing and devoloping products than booking a match.

[QUOTE=SWIFT;155177] ...or my favorite "The Worst of" series of DVDs, it would be cool to have independent video publishers/traders (RF Video, SMV, High Spots) in the game to produce their own independent tapes off your stuff and for you to set up deals with them. But it's really all just more micro-management.[/QUOTE] I just realized that I've bought way to many videos from all those sites. Also ROHwrestling.com, they have some good stuff on there too. But I can't really see all this on a TEW game. With all this Micro-Management, it evolves into a different type of game, and not so much a wrestling game anymore. It still goes hand in hand with wrestling, but it's more into marketing and devoloping products than booking a match.

Archived