More info on the 1.50 update

In additions to the features mentioned in the top thread, there will be two additional items: 1. Hotkey support. You can now use ‘ and / to move up and down most grids. Also, if you mouse over a button, it may tell you a hotkey you can use instead. The ‘Yes’/’No’ message box has this as do some of the offseason screens. 2. Conference movement. This is the *secret* feature. You can set it up in the game options – the choices are None, Low, Average, High. The basic algorithm is that the game goes through at the start of each offseason and checks to see if any teams should be swapped. All conferences are broken up into 4 layers – GDCS (top 8), tier 1, tier 2 and independents. Movement occurs between each grouping and there’s always a “swapping” of teams. For instance, in my testing, I had Utah replace Stanford in the Pac 10 after three seasons. Stanford then went to Utah’s conference and took its place. There’s also some region protection meaning a team in the West can only go to the Midlands and West, Midlands can go West, Midlands and Midwest, Midwest can go Midlands and Midwest, SE can go SE and AE, AE can go AE and SE. I had to setup a couple regions for each team otherwise you could hit situations where movement was deadlocked because of regions. However, you shouldn’t see teams like Fresno State going into the SEC. Also, the game will now use the "Prestige" field in the conference table in the pstats.dat file. So, if people wish to reorganize the conference movement and change the 1-4 levels, you will have the ability to do so. I will also be setting up the game for an open BETA at the end of this week. This will give current users the ability to try out some of the new additions and provide some feedback before version 1.50 goes out. All old saves will work with this version and you can even use conference movement mid-season. Just bear in mind that it will start at "None" for new games and existing saves - but you can change it in the game options screen.

[QUOTE=blazertaz13;154849]Hi Arlie, This sounds great. I believe with what I have been reading regarding the update that I will be spending too much time playing. shh...wife just left, she made me type the too much. ;-)[/QUOTE] Hah I already play this game way too much....Thanks for the extra work on the game Arlie

[QUOTE=blazertaz13;154849]Hi Arlie, This sounds great. I believe with what I have been reading regarding the update that I will be spending too much time playing. shh...wife just left, she made me type the too much. ;-)[/QUOTE] Hah I already play this game way too much....Thanks for the extra work on the game Arlie

Cool news about the conferences. Here's a question, is the user's team also susceptible to moving to a different conference too? If so do we have a choice to refuse? I'd hate to build up Louisville only for it to get thrown into the SEC. :D

Cool news about the conferences. Here's a question, is the user's team also susceptible to moving to a different conference too? If so do we have a choice to refuse? I'd hate to build up Louisville only for it to get thrown into the SEC. :D

So (if I understand correctly), if I'm playing Vanderbilt, there's a chance that I could be moved out of the SEC and not have any say. I like the idea of conference movement but that may change my mind of who to play in my new career. Chances are Vandy is a prime movement candidate. Also, Arlie, how does one sign up for the open BETA? Thanks again for the hard work.

So (if I understand correctly), if I'm playing Vanderbilt, there's a chance that I could be moved out of the SEC and not have any say. I like the idea of conference movement but that may change my mind of who to play in my new career. Chances are Vandy is a prime movement candidate. Also, Arlie, how does one sign up for the open BETA? Thanks again for the hard work.

[QUOTE=Capital;154994]So (if I understand correctly), if I'm playing Vanderbilt, there's a chance that I could be moved out of the SEC and not have any say.[/quote] Yeah, that's right. [quote]Also, Arlie, how does one sign up for the open BETA? Thanks again for the hard work.[/QUOTE] I will post the link on the forum for anyone to try. Just bear in mind that it will be a BETA and still may have a few issues.

[QUOTE=Capital;154994]So (if I understand correctly), if I'm playing Vanderbilt, there's a chance that I could be moved out of the SEC and not have any say.[/quote] Yeah, that's right. [quote]Also, Arlie, how does one sign up for the open BETA? Thanks again for the hard work.[/QUOTE] I will post the link on the forum for anyone to try. Just bear in mind that it will be a BETA and still may have a few issues.

[QUOTE=Capital;154994]So (if I understand correctly), if I'm playing Vanderbilt, there's a chance that I could be moved out of the SEC and not have any say. I like the idea of conference movement but that may change my mind of who to play in my new career. Chances are Vandy is a prime movement candidate. Also, Arlie, how does one sign up for the open BETA? Thanks again for the hard work.[/QUOTE] Open beta means public beta.

[QUOTE=Capital;154994]So (if I understand correctly), if I'm playing Vanderbilt, there's a chance that I could be moved out of the SEC and not have any say. I like the idea of conference movement but that may change my mind of who to play in my new career. Chances are Vandy is a prime movement candidate. Also, Arlie, how does one sign up for the open BETA? Thanks again for the hard work.[/QUOTE] Open beta means public beta.

I will post the link on the forum for anyone to try. Just bear in mind that it will be a BETA and still may have a few issues.[/QUOTE] I understand that there could be a few issues but probably not too many. I'm just looking to play this game again with all of these extras.

I will post the link on the forum for anyone to try. Just bear in mind that it will be a BETA and still may have a few issues.[/QUOTE] I understand that there could be a few issues but probably not too many. I'm just looking to play this game again with all of these extras.

Archived