Torchwood

TCP1

OK, So to UK peeps, Torchwood starts this Sunday on BBC3 with a double-bill. In case you don't know, it's a spin-off from the new Doctor Who series and stars Captain Jack. I for one am massively hyped up and feel the UK might finally have a show to rival the X-Files, Thoughts?

[QUOTE=weirdo_man;155031]Doubt it. And I think you mean rival the X-Files before David Duchovny got greedy and started caring about how his character was portrayed... In otherwords, the X-Files with Mulder and Scully.[/QUOTE] Why doubt it? What's wrong with people? OK, any Doctor Who fans? new or original?

[QUOTE=weirdo_man;155031]Doubt it. And I think you mean rival the X-Files before David Duchovny got greedy and started caring about how his character was portrayed... In otherwords, the X-Files with Mulder and Scully.[/QUOTE] Why doubt it? What's wrong with people? OK, any Doctor Who fans? new or original?

[QUOTE=weirdo_man;155031]Doubt it. And I think you mean rival the X-Files before David Duchovny got greedy and started caring about how his character was portrayed... In otherwords, the X-Files with Mulder and Scully.[/QUOTE] I actually thought some of the later series were very good 4 and 5 were a little bit too 'conspiracy' orientated but series 6 was classic television. As for this doctor who spin-off, whats it about? I haven't watched Dr Who since Sylvester McCoy's era, so i didn't have a clue they were making a spin-off.

[QUOTE=weirdo_man;155031]Doubt it. And I think you mean rival the X-Files before David Duchovny got greedy and started caring about how his character was portrayed... In otherwords, the X-Files with Mulder and Scully.[/QUOTE] I actually thought some of the later series were very good 4 and 5 were a little bit too 'conspiracy' orientated but series 6 was classic television. As for this doctor who spin-off, whats it about? I haven't watched Dr Who since Sylvester McCoy's era, so i didn't have a clue they were making a spin-off.

It revolves around a secret organisation called Torchwood. Originally established as a secret society to prevent people like the Doctor causing chaos, but eventually became a team who would fight and cover up the alien goings on in the world by using their technology against them. Queen Victoria set it up after she met the Doctor in Season 2 of the new series. In the TV show, the team are headed by Captain Jack Harkness, a legendary character from the first series of Doctor Who, who was killed by a Dalek, but brought back to life by Rose and the Tardis. He was left behind by the Doctor just before his regeneration. Classic Jack quote: "So you're telling me that I'm now completely naked in front of billions of your viewers?" "That's right." "Ladies... your ratings just went through the roof!" I'm a huge Dr Who fan and cannot wait for this as it looks darker and more adult!

It revolves around a secret organisation called Torchwood. Originally established as a secret society to prevent people like the Doctor causing chaos, but eventually became a team who would fight and cover up the alien goings on in the world by using their technology against them. Queen Victoria set it up after she met the Doctor in Season 2 of the new series. In the TV show, the team are headed by Captain Jack Harkness, a legendary character from the first series of Doctor Who, who was killed by a Dalek, but brought back to life by Rose and the Tardis. He was left behind by the Doctor just before his regeneration. Classic Jack quote: "So you're telling me that I'm now completely naked in front of billions of your viewers?" "That's right." "Ladies... your ratings just went through the roof!" I'm a huge Dr Who fan and cannot wait for this as it looks darker and more adult!

I'm a big Dr Who fan but sadly I've forgotten most of the old episodes since its been years and years and years since they've been shown on a channel I can receive. I'll be catching Torchwood when it hits regular TV since we don't have a digibo or anything in my student flat. Cany anyone remind me when its on? Derek B

I'm a big Dr Who fan but sadly I've forgotten most of the old episodes since its been years and years and years since they've been shown on a channel I can receive. I'll be catching Torchwood when it hits regular TV since we don't have a digibo or anything in my student flat. Cany anyone remind me when its on? Derek B

[QUOTE=derek_b;155871]I'm a big Dr Who fan but sadly I've forgotten most of the old episodes since its been years and years and years since they've been shown on a channel I can receive. I'll be catching Torchwood when it hits regular TV since we don't have a digibo or anything in my student flat. Cany anyone remind me when its on? Derek B[/QUOTE] For classic series, the DVDs are well worth the money. May I suggest: Tomb of the Cybermen Earthshock Curse of Fenric City of Doom All classics and all have good extras! Also the finale's of the new series' are just unbelievably good! Especially Seeason 1, with the irrepressable Captain Jack!

[QUOTE=derek_b;155871]I'm a big Dr Who fan but sadly I've forgotten most of the old episodes since its been years and years and years since they've been shown on a channel I can receive. I'll be catching Torchwood when it hits regular TV since we don't have a digibo or anything in my student flat. Cany anyone remind me when its on? Derek B[/QUOTE] For classic series, the DVDs are well worth the money. May I suggest: Tomb of the Cybermen Earthshock Curse of Fenric City of Doom All classics and all have good extras! Also the finale's of the new series' are just unbelievably good! Especially Seeason 1, with the irrepressable Captain Jack!

So episode 3 has been and gone and it started slowly, as the show atempts to find its pacing, but built to a fantastic finale. I would give it a 6/10, purely because the beginning was a bit rubbish! As good as the episode was, the trailer for next weeks was a corker. The cybermen, in Torchwood, but in a middle-part of their construction. AWESOME!

So episode 3 has been and gone and it started slowly, as the show atempts to find its pacing, but built to a fantastic finale. I would give it a 6/10, purely because the beginning was a bit rubbish! As good as the episode was, the trailer for next weeks was a corker. The cybermen, in Torchwood, but in a middle-part of their construction. AWESOME!

Archived