Will there be the option to Fully simulate a "royal rumble" type match in TEW2007? I mean, the order of entry and eliminations. It would add a great feel of realism to it, and it would make perfect sense too have two people who hate each other enter for example at #9 and #10. I know this is what the WWE use but it would be a nice addition to the game annyhow ;)

What is this feature and why should it be in this game? Royal rumble? Did you just make that up or something? Ohhh... you are talking about that little promotion called WWE, oh they do the Royal Rumble right? Why would that be in this game then? I don't understand. This is Total Extreme Wrestling 2007, not Smackdown vs RAW 2007. You might be at the wrong forum.

What is this feature and why should it be in this game? Royal rumble? Did you just make that up or something? Ohhh... you are talking about that little promotion called WWE, oh they do the Royal Rumble right? Why would that be in this game then? I don't understand. This is Total Extreme Wrestling 2007, not Smackdown vs RAW 2007. You might be at the wrong forum.

[QUOTE=Mike Chaos;155098]What is this feature and why should it be in this game? Royal rumble? Did you just make that up or something? Ohhh... you are talking about that little promotion called WWE, oh they do the Royal Rumble right? Why would that be in this game then? I don't understand. This is Total Extreme Wrestling 2007, not Smackdown vs RAW 2007. You might be at the wrong forum.[/QUOTE] What the hell Mike Chaos... I'm not sure if you are insulting Adam Ryland or akararr with that post, but either way I think you should mind your tongue. If you're insulting Adam because you don't like the games, then why are you even on these forums? And if you're insulting akararr, then that's just plain not nice and that shouldn't happen either. Adam has considered putting it in but is it really worth having the hellacious coding that I'm sure is required so that people can have one more match type that, really, is disappointing almost every year with the E? I don't think so, and you can disagree or agree, but please, mind your tongue and tone.

[QUOTE=Mike Chaos;155098]What is this feature and why should it be in this game? Royal rumble? Did you just make that up or something? Ohhh... you are talking about that little promotion called WWE, oh they do the Royal Rumble right? Why would that be in this game then? I don't understand. This is Total Extreme Wrestling 2007, not Smackdown vs RAW 2007. You might be at the wrong forum.[/QUOTE] What the hell Mike Chaos... I'm not sure if you are insulting Adam Ryland or akararr with that post, but either way I think you should mind your tongue. If you're insulting Adam because you don't like the games, then why are you even on these forums? And if you're insulting akararr, then that's just plain not nice and that shouldn't happen either. Adam has considered putting it in but is it really worth having the hellacious coding that I'm sure is required so that people can have one more match type that, really, is disappointing almost every year with the E? I don't think so, and you can disagree or agree, but please, mind your tongue and tone.

[QUOTE=weirdo_man;155100]What the hell Mike Chaos... I'm not sure if you are insulting Adam Ryland or akararr with that post, but either way I think you should mind your tongue. If you're insulting Adam because you don't like the games, then why are you even on these forums? And if you're insulting akararr, then that's just plain not nice and that shouldn't happen either. Adam has considered putting it in but is it really worth having the hellacious coding that I'm sure is required so that people can have one more match type that, really, is disappointing almost every year with the E? I don't think so, and you can disagree or agree, but please, mind your tongue and tone.[/QUOTE] Actually Mike Chaos is raging against the desires of people who wish to make TEW something of a WWE simulator. I understand his point but in this instance, his ire is misguided IMO. Mike, though people usually only associate it with a WWE event, this suggestion would work for ALL elimination and battle royale matches if implemented. That has nothing to do with WWE. The ability to decide the elimination order would fit in all promotion types and product style (except possibly INSPIRE). The problem is, there are probably mechanics that must be changed in order to really make it happen. Like, with space for only 10 road agent notes, how do you specify elimination order with more than 10 participants? I think you can specify the final two competitors (using 'to win' and 'to lose') but I'm not exactly sure about that. In any case, I think it's a 'nice to have' kinda feature more than a 'must have'. Don't let folks' choice of words distract you from the points they're making. weirdo_man is right (though I find it VERY ironic that HE is giving that advice, being one of the most blunt regular posters here :p). We don't always have to agree on everything but we should always be civil to each other.

[QUOTE=weirdo_man;155100]What the hell Mike Chaos... I'm not sure if you are insulting Adam Ryland or akararr with that post, but either way I think you should mind your tongue. If you're insulting Adam because you don't like the games, then why are you even on these forums? And if you're insulting akararr, then that's just plain not nice and that shouldn't happen either. Adam has considered putting it in but is it really worth having the hellacious coding that I'm sure is required so that people can have one more match type that, really, is disappointing almost every year with the E? I don't think so, and you can disagree or agree, but please, mind your tongue and tone.[/QUOTE] Actually Mike Chaos is raging against the desires of people who wish to make TEW something of a WWE simulator. I understand his point but in this instance, his ire is misguided IMO. Mike, though people usually only associate it with a WWE event, this suggestion would work for ALL elimination and battle royale matches if implemented. That has nothing to do with WWE. The ability to decide the elimination order would fit in all promotion types and product style (except possibly INSPIRE). The problem is, there are probably mechanics that must be changed in order to really make it happen. Like, with space for only 10 road agent notes, how do you specify elimination order with more than 10 participants? I think you can specify the final two competitors (using 'to win' and 'to lose') but I'm not exactly sure about that. In any case, I think it's a 'nice to have' kinda feature more than a 'must have'. Don't let folks' choice of words distract you from the points they're making. weirdo_man is right (though I find it VERY ironic that HE is giving that advice, being one of the most blunt regular posters here :p). We don't always have to agree on everything but we should always be civil to each other.

I would never insult Adam I have no reason to and yes Remianen is correct. I didn't mean any personal disrespect to anyone here with my post. My tone was being displayed as "frustrated" I guess. Since everyone tries to change the TEW game and make it more WWE oriented, and suggest that everything the WWE does goes into the TEW game whereas it is Adam's game not the WWE or THQ's game therefore there is no reason for WWE oriented match types and other objects the WWE use to be in the game... my opinion of course. The TEW game comes fully intact with everything you would need to play the CornellVerse, if you want to use a real world mod that's your choice but why should Adam cator to all of the WWE marks that want to turn this game into something it isn't.

I would never insult Adam I have no reason to and yes Remianen is correct. I didn't mean any personal disrespect to anyone here with my post. My tone was being displayed as "frustrated" I guess. Since everyone tries to change the TEW game and make it more WWE oriented, and suggest that everything the WWE does goes into the TEW game whereas it is Adam's game not the WWE or THQ's game therefore there is no reason for WWE oriented match types and other objects the WWE use to be in the game... my opinion of course. The TEW game comes fully intact with everything you would need to play the CornellVerse, if you want to use a real world mod that's your choice but why should Adam cator to all of the WWE marks that want to turn this game into something it isn't.

[quote]I would never insult Adam I have no reason to and yes Remianen is correct. I didn't mean any personal disrespect to anyone here with my post. My tone was being displayed as "frustrated" I guess. Since everyone tries to change the TEW game and make it more WWE oriented, and suggest that everything the WWE does goes into the TEW game whereas it is Adam's game not the WWE or THQ's game therefore there is no reason for WWE oriented match types and other objects the WWE use to be in the game... my opinion of course. The TEW game comes fully intact with everything you would need to play the CornellVerse, if you want to use a real world mod that's your choice but why should Adam cator to all of the WWE marks that want to turn this game into something it isn't.[/quote] That's just a silly argument. TEW has always been billed as a Booking/Promotion Simulator, note that last word. It's not a game like the Fire Pro series, but a simulator of the booking/Promotion aspect of wrestling. Sure it comes with an included "universe" for completion's sake. Heck, my computer came with Solitaire, so I guess I don't need any more computer games then, right? :P If TEW was suppose to be nothing more than a Cornellverse Simulator, Mr. Ryland could've saved himself a hell of a lot of coding by not bothering with the database editor functions. But I'm sure the majority are buying TEW for the same reason people play EWR, for the chance to create dream bookings. the majority are, as you've put it "all of the WWE marks" who want to see features like Royal Rumble added. It has nothing to do with making the sim more 'WWE oriented" but a desire to have all the tools available to book a 60-man over the top battle royal (which is really all the Royal Rumble is) in a realistic manner if they wish to. Heck, Mr. Ryland is even adding the ability to have three brand splits to aid the modders, so enough people must want real world mods.

[quote]I would never insult Adam I have no reason to and yes Remianen is correct. I didn't mean any personal disrespect to anyone here with my post. My tone was being displayed as "frustrated" I guess. Since everyone tries to change the TEW game and make it more WWE oriented, and suggest that everything the WWE does goes into the TEW game whereas it is Adam's game not the WWE or THQ's game therefore there is no reason for WWE oriented match types and other objects the WWE use to be in the game... my opinion of course. The TEW game comes fully intact with everything you would need to play the CornellVerse, if you want to use a real world mod that's your choice but why should Adam cator to all of the WWE marks that want to turn this game into something it isn't.[/quote] That's just a silly argument. TEW has always been billed as a Booking/Promotion Simulator, note that last word. It's not a game like the Fire Pro series, but a simulator of the booking/Promotion aspect of wrestling. Sure it comes with an included "universe" for completion's sake. Heck, my computer came with Solitaire, so I guess I don't need any more computer games then, right? :P If TEW was suppose to be nothing more than a Cornellverse Simulator, Mr. Ryland could've saved himself a hell of a lot of coding by not bothering with the database editor functions. But I'm sure the majority are buying TEW for the same reason people play EWR, for the chance to create dream bookings. the majority are, as you've put it "all of the WWE marks" who want to see features like Royal Rumble added. It has nothing to do with making the sim more 'WWE oriented" but a desire to have all the tools available to book a 60-man over the top battle royal (which is really all the Royal Rumble is) in a realistic manner if they wish to. Heck, Mr. Ryland is even adding the ability to have three brand splits to aid the modders, so enough people must want real world mods.

[QUOTE=Lonewolf_92;155118]Sure it comes with an included "universe" for completion's sake. Heck, my computer came with Solitaire, so I guess I don't need any more computer games then, right? :P[/QUOTE] Bad analogy. REALLY bad analogy. Your computer wasn't specifically designed to only run Solitaire in a reliable, predictable manner. Adam didn't design TEW to emulate the WWE or TNA, which is why mod makers have to test their mods extensively so they'll work within TEW's bounds. I know Fall of the One Ring Circus had to be changed in many ways so the mod would work decently (unless everyone was okay with TNA losing their TV show right off the bat). WWE's roster is artificially large (morbidly so) which precipitated the multiple versions of FORC, otherwise they'd fire more than half their workers on the first day of play. SWF doesn't have that problem. You make good points but referring to the Cornellverse as some slapped on feature added only for "completion's sake" is wrong and insulting to the DB, in my view. I've been in Mike Chaos's shoes and totally frustrated by how it seems many folks want to change the game just so it better emulates a promotion that doesn't operate within the bounds of common sense. I might be in the minority here but I happen to [B][I]like[/I][/B] and [B][I]prefer[/I][/B] the Cornellverse and its "fake" wrestlers over the real life mods. But I have enough confidence in Adam that he'll take what's good and reject what's bad amongst the various suggestions posed and that'll make for a better game for everyone who plays.

[QUOTE=Lonewolf_92;155118]Sure it comes with an included "universe" for completion's sake. Heck, my computer came with Solitaire, so I guess I don't need any more computer games then, right? :P[/QUOTE] Bad analogy. REALLY bad analogy. Your computer wasn't specifically designed to only run Solitaire in a reliable, predictable manner. Adam didn't design TEW to emulate the WWE or TNA, which is why mod makers have to test their mods extensively so they'll work within TEW's bounds. I know Fall of the One Ring Circus had to be changed in many ways so the mod would work decently (unless everyone was okay with TNA losing their TV show right off the bat). WWE's roster is artificially large (morbidly so) which precipitated the multiple versions of FORC, otherwise they'd fire more than half their workers on the first day of play. SWF doesn't have that problem. You make good points but referring to the Cornellverse as some slapped on feature added only for "completion's sake" is wrong and insulting to the DB, in my view. I've been in Mike Chaos's shoes and totally frustrated by how it seems many folks want to change the game just so it better emulates a promotion that doesn't operate within the bounds of common sense. I might be in the minority here but I happen to [B][I]like[/I][/B] and [B][I]prefer[/I][/B] the Cornellverse and its "fake" wrestlers over the real life mods. But I have enough confidence in Adam that he'll take what's good and reject what's bad amongst the various suggestions posed and that'll make for a better game for everyone who plays.

[QUOTE=Mike Chaos;155108]I would never insult Adam I have no reason to and yes Remianen is correct. I didn't mean any personal disrespect to anyone here with my post. My tone was being displayed as "frustrated" I guess. Since everyone tries to change the TEW game and make it more WWE oriented, and suggest that everything the WWE does goes into the TEW game whereas it is Adam's game not the WWE or THQ's game therefore there is no reason for WWE oriented match types and other objects the WWE use to be in the game... my opinion of course. The TEW game comes fully intact with everything you would need to play the CornellVerse, if you want to use a real world mod that's your choice but why should Adam cator to all of the WWE marks that want to turn this game into something it isn't.[/QUOTE] So how many promotions have to do something before it's worthy of inclusion? But really, I don't think it's a matter of using a real world mod instead of the Cornellverse. I think it's more about trying to model the real world wrestling industry, which seems to be well within the scope of the game. Sure, people want to be able to book their shows like WWE does, it has proven to be fairly successful in the real world, and other people would like to book their shows like ROH, NJPW, or CMLL, or whatever promotion inspires them, I don't see why that should be a problem. If it can be done in a real promotion, it would be nice to have that option in a game modeled on the real world wrestling industry. There are of course limits to what can, and should, be included. I would just prefer for the decisions to be based on the merits of the suggestion and not the promotion that is used as the example. Just because WWE is known for carefully booking the Royal Rumble match doesn't mean that ability has no value when running TCW. That said, I'm sure Adam has given this suggestion due consideration, with how frequently it has been made, and will decide if it is worth including or not. Personally, I would like the ability to more specifically book elimination matches, including a Royal Rumble style battle royal.

[QUOTE=Mike Chaos;155108]I would never insult Adam I have no reason to and yes Remianen is correct. I didn't mean any personal disrespect to anyone here with my post. My tone was being displayed as "frustrated" I guess. Since everyone tries to change the TEW game and make it more WWE oriented, and suggest that everything the WWE does goes into the TEW game whereas it is Adam's game not the WWE or THQ's game therefore there is no reason for WWE oriented match types and other objects the WWE use to be in the game... my opinion of course. The TEW game comes fully intact with everything you would need to play the CornellVerse, if you want to use a real world mod that's your choice but why should Adam cator to all of the WWE marks that want to turn this game into something it isn't.[/QUOTE] So how many promotions have to do something before it's worthy of inclusion? But really, I don't think it's a matter of using a real world mod instead of the Cornellverse. I think it's more about trying to model the real world wrestling industry, which seems to be well within the scope of the game. Sure, people want to be able to book their shows like WWE does, it has proven to be fairly successful in the real world, and other people would like to book their shows like ROH, NJPW, or CMLL, or whatever promotion inspires them, I don't see why that should be a problem. If it can be done in a real promotion, it would be nice to have that option in a game modeled on the real world wrestling industry. There are of course limits to what can, and should, be included. I would just prefer for the decisions to be based on the merits of the suggestion and not the promotion that is used as the example. Just because WWE is known for carefully booking the Royal Rumble match doesn't mean that ability has no value when running TCW. That said, I'm sure Adam has given this suggestion due consideration, with how frequently it has been made, and will decide if it is worth including or not. Personally, I would like the ability to more specifically book elimination matches, including a Royal Rumble style battle royal.

[QUOTE=Remianen;155119] Adam didn't design TEW to emulate the WWE or TNA, which is why mod makers have to test their mods extensively so they'll work within TEW's bounds. I know Fall of the One Ring Circus had to be changed in many ways so the mod would work decently (unless everyone was okay with TNA losing their TV show right off the bat). WWE's roster is artificially large (morbidly so) which precipitated the multiple versions of FORC, otherwise they'd fire more than half their workers on the first day of play. SWF doesn't have that problem.[/QUOTE] I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "artificially large" in reference to WWE's roster size, but wasn't that actually addressed by the changes to owner behavior, what with owners being able to be set to prefer larger rosters. Since the Cornellverse doesn't have that problem, would this be a case of Adam designing TEW 2007 to better emulate WWE, do you think? If so, should other suggestions be disregarded simply because they would better emulate WWE?

[QUOTE=Remianen;155119] Adam didn't design TEW to emulate the WWE or TNA, which is why mod makers have to test their mods extensively so they'll work within TEW's bounds. I know Fall of the One Ring Circus had to be changed in many ways so the mod would work decently (unless everyone was okay with TNA losing their TV show right off the bat). WWE's roster is artificially large (morbidly so) which precipitated the multiple versions of FORC, otherwise they'd fire more than half their workers on the first day of play. SWF doesn't have that problem.[/QUOTE] I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "artificially large" in reference to WWE's roster size, but wasn't that actually addressed by the changes to owner behavior, what with owners being able to be set to prefer larger rosters. Since the Cornellverse doesn't have that problem, would this be a case of Adam designing TEW 2007 to better emulate WWE, do you think? If so, should other suggestions be disregarded simply because they would better emulate WWE?

[QUOTE=Mike Chaos;155098]What is this feature and why should it be in this game? Royal rumble? Did you just make that up or something? Ohhh... you are talking about that little promotion called WWE, oh they do the Royal Rumble right? Why would that be in this game then? I don't understand. This is Total Extreme Wrestling 2007, not Smackdown vs RAW 2007. You might be at the wrong forum.[/QUOTE] Shutup mike. No need for that bull. And your calling wwe small, tna homeboy. Get real. If your calling wwe small then what the hell is tna? Your a joke. Othr promotions use a "royal rumble" type match, they just call it something else so whats the problem?

[QUOTE=Mike Chaos;155098]What is this feature and why should it be in this game? Royal rumble? Did you just make that up or something? Ohhh... you are talking about that little promotion called WWE, oh they do the Royal Rumble right? Why would that be in this game then? I don't understand. This is Total Extreme Wrestling 2007, not Smackdown vs RAW 2007. You might be at the wrong forum.[/QUOTE] Shutup mike. No need for that bull. And your calling wwe small, tna homeboy. Get real. If your calling wwe small then what the hell is tna? Your a joke. Othr promotions use a "royal rumble" type match, they just call it something else so whats the problem?

Archived