What does adam use?

[QUOTE=Cyanide;155533]I'll be honest, I did Visual Basic for 2.5 years and C++ for just over half a year and they aren't hard languages to learn, but they're hard to master, but considering that, it's all up to the person that learns them. I'd be interested in programming and originally was learning to be one, but all the extra baggage that came with it just bored me so I've settled for a career in retail. I made a few basic games and in relation to EWR, it wouldn't have been that hard to code, but it would have taken a bloody long time. TEW looks like a more C++ presentation and it looks very professional, a mile away from EWR.[/QUOTE] I know you were not so much responding to me, but the post above you. but all the topics you bring up, and the way you approached your post, are why i would like to see ADAM'S take on this topic in a Dev Journal.

[QUOTE=Cyanide;155533]I'll be honest, I did Visual Basic for 2.5 years and C++ for just over half a year and they aren't hard languages to learn, but they're hard to master, but considering that, it's all up to the person that learns them. I'd be interested in programming and originally was learning to be one, but all the extra baggage that came with it just bored me so I've settled for a career in retail. I made a few basic games and in relation to EWR, it wouldn't have been that hard to code, but it would have taken a bloody long time. TEW looks like a more C++ presentation and it looks very professional, a mile away from EWR.[/QUOTE] I know you were not so much responding to me, but the post above you. but all the topics you bring up, and the way you approached your post, are why i would like to see ADAM'S take on this topic in a Dev Journal.

Guest Cyanide
It's always nice to hear from the man himself, but the basics on the 2 programming languages are; Visual Basic is exactly that, you draw something in (a button) then you program around it. It's basic programming used for basic programs (Macros in excel and such use the Visual Basic language so they aren't overly complex). It's what most people would start off with. It promotes sloppy programming as there isn't really any major rules to follow with structure. You need a bit of performance to use this, but when I say a bit, I mean bog-standard by today's market (256MB RAM, etc). C++ is a very advanced programming language in which to set up and basically test the source code, the graphics are almost entirely separate to it though are obviously programmed in. This is the programmers language and has been around in forms for god knows how long (as C and C+), it doesn't need a lot in terms of performance to run, but is a lot difference as the entire stucture of programming needs to be followed strictly to get it right.

Guest Cyanide
It's always nice to hear from the man himself, but the basics on the 2 programming languages are; Visual Basic is exactly that, you draw something in (a button) then you program around it. It's basic programming used for basic programs (Macros in excel and such use the Visual Basic language so they aren't overly complex). It's what most people would start off with. It promotes sloppy programming as there isn't really any major rules to follow with structure. You need a bit of performance to use this, but when I say a bit, I mean bog-standard by today's market (256MB RAM, etc). C++ is a very advanced programming language in which to set up and basically test the source code, the graphics are almost entirely separate to it though are obviously programmed in. This is the programmers language and has been around in forms for god knows how long (as C and C+), it doesn't need a lot in terms of performance to run, but is a lot difference as the entire stucture of programming needs to be followed strictly to get it right.

Archived