Website updated over the next week

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guess I'm going to have to be the voice of dissent on the site. I'm not too crazy about the new look. Y'all haven't done anything to it that's a deal-breaker to me obviously. I'm still here and will continue to be. All the goodies I come for, especially the forums, still work the same. Just seems like all the new site brings to the table is a fresh coat of paint. I like form to follow function. And without any obvious new functionality being brought to the table, the new look just feels like window dressing for window dressing's sake.

Guess I'm going to have to be the voice of dissent on the site. I'm not too crazy about the new look. Y'all haven't done anything to it that's a deal-breaker to me obviously. I'm still here and will continue to be. All the goodies I come for, especially the forums, still work the same. Just seems like all the new site brings to the table is a fresh coat of paint. I like form to follow function. And without any obvious new functionality being brought to the table, the new look just feels like window dressing for window dressing's sake.

Hmm. Quite odd. But.. sometimes when I click TEW07/Features on that page, it goes to the feature page of TEW05. And it happens in some other links also, like demo :o don't know why. And I'm definedly SURE that it is TEW2007 "title" and then I forward on that. I'm not going in '05 accidently, that's not the case. Just to let you know.

Hmm. Quite odd. But.. sometimes when I click TEW07/Features on that page, it goes to the feature page of TEW05. And it happens in some other links also, like demo :o don't know why. And I'm definedly SURE that it is TEW2007 "title" and then I forward on that. I'm not going in '05 accidently, that's not the case. Just to let you know.

[QUOTE=Arlie Rahn;156962]With a small company, the front page of your website is your main marketing engine. And, based on feedback and recommendations, the current front page does a much better job of marketing our titles than the old one.[/QUOTE] I hear ya, Arlie. And I will be the first to admit that my perspective on website aesthetics is positively Stone Age. But then, that's me in general. As I was noting in a video game (that I think may have been on another board) recently, I go so far back goofing off with computers that being able to have graphics at all was a minor miracle. Er go functionality is more what matters to me. As far as drawing in folks with more modern feelings about how websites should look, it seems to do the job well. I do notice what a minority being underwhelmed puts me in. I'm hardly suggesting you bring the old look back. The new one is clearly having the desired result and that's a good thing. Just not enough changed beyond that to get me excited. But as long as it help Grey Dog, that's what really matters.

[QUOTE=Arlie Rahn;156962]With a small company, the front page of your website is your main marketing engine. And, based on feedback and recommendations, the current front page does a much better job of marketing our titles than the old one.[/QUOTE] I hear ya, Arlie. And I will be the first to admit that my perspective on website aesthetics is positively Stone Age. But then, that's me in general. As I was noting in a video game (that I think may have been on another board) recently, I go so far back goofing off with computers that being able to have graphics at all was a minor miracle. Er go functionality is more what matters to me. As far as drawing in folks with more modern feelings about how websites should look, it seems to do the job well. I do notice what a minority being underwhelmed puts me in. I'm hardly suggesting you bring the old look back. The new one is clearly having the desired result and that's a good thing. Just not enough changed beyond that to get me excited. But as long as it help Grey Dog, that's what really matters.

Archived